An idea of a consumable to "convert" the type of ascended or legendary armor.

As said in the title, a consumable able to change the type of armor high or Legendary (and only the armor as weapons have totally different recipes).

This consumable via shop (so in gems: example 400 gems per piece of armor) would convert a piece of ascended or legendary armor to another type of armor (example of heavy to intermediate or light, at the choice of the player it goes from is).

The number of players who crafted trapped armor ascendedor legendary for a type of armor (heavy example) and then plays another type of armor (light example) (by discovery or balancing done to the ax that makes this class completely obsolete, instead he rages and passes on another game because of a disgust, this consumable would help him regain his taste on his new class fetish). so a product in the shop that I think is well sold and appreciated by the community.

Of course there could be a kit of 6 "armor converter" with a price in gems adapted of course (say 2200 gems for the set of 6 pieces).

On the other hand, as in the idea of ​​the recipe for changing the stat via the mystic forge, the improvements on the piece of armor that will be converted will be lost (rune and infusion).

And yes the meta change, classes that are appreciated in Raid PvE, McM today may not be more tomorrow !!!

So why make sleep a ascended or legendary stuff on a class that has become out of meta ???

To avoid the problem of success "Legendary Gunsmith" it is simple to make a mechanism "transmuted" for appearances of weapons or armor.

I explain we all have equipment of a type "transmuted" in another, well here it's the same thing but with "converted" (example: "Convert: Heavy")

The mechanism is already there for the "Transmute" so not a huge job for developers to involve in "converted", just an adaptation ...

Hardcore for the hardcore gamer who will answer me that the legendary equipment must be earned, I will answer them to convert it must be done so the merit is already done!

I have already submitted this idea to the developers and at their request I submit it to you the community and opens the debate ...

"GM Mansa

Hello,

Thank you for your contact with our support team for GW2. We take note of your proposals and ask you to open a debate on the subject in the forum.

Regards,

GM Mansa

The Guild Wars 2 Support Team

http://help.guildwars2.com "

AT YOUR KEYBOARD !!!

I mean by passing an ascended or legendary armor from heavy to medium or light ...

in gems does not mean pay-to-win, you pay improvements in gems (bank, basic mine "home", leather ...) is it pay-to-win?

Here we talk about a service as an improvement extractor, it's pay-to-win too?

Then as I say for the title "legendary gunsmith" if converted it does not unlock the success.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> If gem, it sounds pay to win.

How on earth would this be pay to win? I would like to hear the logic behind that. If you have a class in ascended heavy armor and then think "hey I want an ele instead!" and you convert that set to ascended light...

How does this provide you an advantage over other eles in ascended armor? You dont even get anything of value - go minus a heavy ascended set and plus a light ascended set.

Does it make you better in PvP? No.

Does it make you better in WvW? No.

Does it make you better in PvE? No.

Where is the p2w advantage? Tell me, please.

> @"T E N S H I R O C K.3826" said:

> I mean by passing an ascended or legendary armor from heavy to medium or light ...

> in gems does not mean pay-to-win, you pay improvements in gems (bank, basic mine "home", leather ...) is it pay-to-win?

> Here we talk about a service as an improvement extractor, it's pay-to-win too?

> Then as I say for the title "legendary gunsmith" if converted it does not unlock the success.

>

The thing is that ascendeds and legendaries are meant to be gold sinks.

If you can just get one set and keep changing them however you want, that just mean people will go after only one set at times and never worry about making sets for other weights no more.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> If you can just get one set and keep changing them however you want, that just mean people will go after only one set at times and never worry about making sets for other weights no more.

You mean just like all players right now only ever build a single ascended set for each armor class and only have one ascended of each type of weapon and move them between classes?

Yeah... I dont really know... something sounds a little off with that. I have a feeling reality is different.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > If you can just get one set and keep changing them however you want, that just mean people will go after only one set at times and never worry about making sets for other weights no more.

> You mean just like all players right now only ever build a single ascended set for each armor class and only have one ascended of each type of weapon and move them between classes?

>

> Yeah... I dont really know... something sounds a little off with that. I have a feeling reality is different.

>

If anything, unless you want the skin, people tend to make the cheapest gear and then change the stats within the forge as it's cheaper that way.

And as I said, if they were to make a conversion tool within the gem store that could do this, chances are it would be 3000+ gems to at least try and counterbalance on those that might not bother making certain gear again due to not wanting to deal with the hassle.

Initially when I looked at this it seemed like a bad idea.

The system currently of crafting ascended gear and maybe changing it for every meta works rather well. If you are a dedicated player, you may craft or change ascended armor every time meta drastically shifts. This provides you with a goal to work towards and is a material sink.

Without this, materials may become too cheap and this will negatively impact the economy.

A couple of questions for OP - if you have worked and made legendary armor for a certain class - this would have taken a relatively long time to do and by this point you would have had time to try out more than 1 class - why do you only discover which class you like after heavily investing in another for months? Also, each weight class has 3 professions - and you can move armor sets between different characters - are you saying that all of a sudden you dislike the whole weight class?

The game is not designed to be "finished" once you have 1 armor set - that would be too simple and leave many players with less to do. The choice to invest in a profession was the players to make, so if you change your mind - it seems fair to have to start again.

On the whole, not completely supportive of this being implemented, however if it was, I would like to see a reasonable price - e.g. 2,000 gems per ascended piece to change (12,000 for full set) and something in the region of 10,000 gems per legendary piece - perhaps a discount bundle of 55.000 gems for a full set.

10.000 gems for a legendary = 2537gold...

At a price there you craft another type armor ...

The idea is also not to see players go on other games because of an abusive nerf and that class is out of meta ...

And for example how many players love a warrior but do not like revenant or guardian? (yes it exists a lot)

> 10.000 gems for a legendary = 2537gold...

> At a price there you craft another type armor ...

> The idea is also not to see players go on other games because of an abusive nerf and that class is out of meta ...

> And for example how many players love a warrior but do not like revenant or guardian? (yes it exists a lot)

Personally I don't see this as unreasonable. The cost incorporates the efforts made acquiring LI and other timegated parts - the premium paid should reflect more than just the materials cost.

As for class selection, I would say there are currently not that many huge nerfs which make any class unplayable. Somebody who has invested all the time and effort to acquire high level gear, must have thought about the viability and probably likes the profession enough not to want to quit just because of a few minor changes.

Like I mentioned, higher tier armor takes a reasonable amount of playtime to acquire - surely people can use this time to assess where they bind it?

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > @"T E N S H I R O C K.3826" said:

> > 10.000 gems for a legendary = 2537gold...

> > At a price there you craft another type armor ...

> > The idea is also not to see players go on other games because of an abusive nerf and that class is out of meta ...

> > And for example how many players love a warrior but do not like revenant or guardian? (yes it exists a lot)

>

> Personally I don't see this as unreasonable. The cost incorporates the efforts made acquiring LI and other timegated parts - the premium paid should reflect more than just the materials cost.

It would still be not enough, since it would be the same cost more or less.

It should be

1. Price overall way higher

2. Single item price 2k gems or more ( as for bundles and rare mount skins ), in order to let players pay CASH and not GOLDS to GEMS ( want to bypass the game? PAY )

Also, if they don't want to go meta, they can do their own team.

Reading comments about

* My class is not meta

* I can't play the build i want

are just excuses, because if many tries with people with no meta classes and fantasy builds result into a wipe, then you probably will assume that you should review at least your build. And then, back to the 2 points, you will realize that you have to chose if you want to get something or not, and do whatever it takes.

You do not think it illogical to pay more than the average price?

At this moment, why convert it? As much as to craft another directly.

Here it is well said that you will not have the success "Legendary Gunsmith" who is unlocking a conversion.

You just pass from one armor type to another type.

You will not gain anything other than to be able to change class to desire.

Then for the price, I gave examples of prices.

> You do not think it illogical to pay more than the average price?

>

> At this moment, why convert it? As much as to craft another directly.

>

> Here it is well said that you will not have the success "Legendary Gunsmith" who is unlocking a conversion.

>

>

> You just pass from one armor type to another type.

> You will not gain anything other than to be able to change class to desire.

>

> Then for the price, I gave examples of prices.

I would say for convenience. You're not saving gold when you get a salvage-o-matic.

Same as you're not saving gold when you make a legendary over an ascended.

Yeah, you don't need to use the forge to stat swap, but you need to swap it quite a bit to even get the money worth out of it compared to the cost of just getting an ascended.

> No, where you do not understand is that if you change the type of armor, it's because you already have one.

> So the time spent and the LI you have already done.

> Ditto for the legendary armor PvP or WvW, you're already invested.

> It just gives the chance to change it.

You do already invested for your wvw tokens, but not PvE tokens ( which are also timegate stuff ).

You are simply trying to exploit paying 400 gems dude, cmon.

What a exploit of 400 gems?

Then where is the relationship with the PvE tokens?

Whether you did it in PvE or PvP or WvW, you got involved.

There is no demand to convert a legendary WvW / PvP armor into PvE.

What we WvW and PvP players, we have no right pcq it would annoy you in PvE?

You are already favored by us in WvW or PvP.

3/4 of the contents of the game are for you PvE boy.

Logic...

> What a exploit of 400 gems?

> Then where is the relationship with the PvE tokens?

> Whether you did it in PvE or PvP or WvW, you got involved.

> There is no demand to convert a legendary WvW / PvP armor into PvE.

> What we WvW and PvP players, we have no right pcq it would annoy you in PvE?

> You are already favored by us in WvW or PvP.

> 3/4 of the contents of the game are for you PvE boy.

> Logic...

Collections and skins are put behind content in order to be obtained.

You are saying something like "Since i got my armor through SPvP, lemme change the appareance with the raid or wvw one by simply paying 90g".

Is it right?

Did you see the skin of the legendary armor PvP and WvW?

The same as ascended and exotic skin ... (unblockable for some ascended shard of glory) PvP

The same as ascended and exotic skin ... (unblockable for some skirmish claim ticket) WvW

If you prefer stuck this consumable for legendary PvE armor at the limit.

But it will make more people cry ...