From Legendary to this ...

Loop.8106

So, bit of a back story. I reached legendary on Core Guardian and stayed there for about a week. Then I started getting a horrible losing streak, just clueless players after clueless players.

Today was no different. I was at 1700 mmr when this game on Temple happened. Our necro was calling me out for being bad (after he died 3 times, 1.5 minutes into the game). I asked him to duel me to indeed show that my e-fame is greater than his. He rolls on his Scourge, removes Plague Signet for Flesh Wurm to have some sort of kite potential in the 1v1.

Needless to say, I beat him VERY one-sided. After which I asked his what his mmr was currently at. Waiting patiently and curiously on an answer, this is the response I got.

Excuse my toxicity.

![](https://i.imgur.com/74evh9Q.jpg "")

If you’re getting worked up to the point where you’re challenging people to duels then it’s not just bad luck with teams that’s tanking you. I’m sure you have had some bad teams, but if you let that get you worked up, you won’t be playing at your A-game and you’ll lose more games than you should.

The community can be toxic as hell sometimes and it can suck to see teammates make bad decisions, but to be consistently good at PvP, you need to learn how to keep your cool.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> If you’re getting worked up to the point where you’re challenging people to duels then it’s not just bad luck with teams that’s tanking you. I’m sure you have had some bad teams, but if you let that get you worked up, you won’t be playing at your A-game and you’ll lose more games than you should.

>

> The community can be toxic as hell sometimes and it can suck to see teammates make bad decisions, but to be consistently good at PvP, you need to learn how to keep your cool.

Talk is cheap, gotta beat the crap out of Scourge mains to shut their little word holes.

It is all the way worse if you'll play Thief.

Every second match there is a Scourge/Ele spamming Far from the very beginning, dying everytime to literally 1v1s while at the same time blaming you for not decaping Far and asking you why you can't kill that SB at Mid....

I am starting to feel like I no longer need to run D/P as the Stealth is now useless since every other **** will spam Far (and die) instead of you. I'd be better of with S/D for some boonrip but then everybody would be like "why you no Stealth for Mid".

So, yeah. I guess we all get those people. Even _those_ people get those people.

> @"lightningz.1465" said:

> So just curious did you got his mmr? Maybe he's just trolling you by saying don't know..i found it hard to believe he does't know his mmr if he's paired with you in ranked match.

Yes, he was 1311 mmr. That means close to 400 mmr lower than me.

Edit: -21 for that game. 500-27

As a thief I once got accused, while decapping far, of not defending home.

The logic of needing thief to defend a cap aside, I pointed out that I can’t decap far and defend home at the same time.

Honestly, it’s players not knowing what they should be doing, rushing mid or far and then expecting the thief or someone else to carry them by performing impossible or highly off role maneuvers.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> If you’re getting worked up to the point where you’re challenging people to duels then it’s not just bad luck with teams that’s tanking you. I’m sure you have had some bad teams, but if you let that get you worked up, you won’t be playing at your A-game and you’ll lose more games than you should.

>

> The community can be toxic as hell sometimes and it can suck to see teammates make bad decisions, but to be consistently good at PvP, you need to learn how to keep your cool.

I can't even give you a thumbs up and a helpful +1 :(

This guy knows what hes saying though,absolutely agree.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

>

I disagree.

You can stay cool forever and give it your A+++ game & still have zero chance to win a match. This is b/c you have players who can't play on your team. So many you can't carry them.

The fella started yelling at him yet he was the one who was over 400 MMR below. I'm sorry but they shouldn't even be in the same match b/c it's not fair for whoever has him on their team.

Look at more as him researching how bad the MM has been for him. He had a hypothesis that MM has been giving him dead weight to carry. His experiment showed he had a theory. It was made law when the fella didn't even know where his MMR was and admitted to 400pts lower.

> @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > If you’re getting worked up to the point where you’re challenging people to duels then it’s not just bad luck with teams that’s tanking you. I’m sure you have had some bad teams, but if you let that get you worked up, you won’t be playing at your A-game and you’ll lose more games than you should.

> >

> > The community can be toxic as hell sometimes and it can suck to see teammates make bad decisions, but to be consistently good at PvP, you need to learn how to keep your cool.

>

> I disagree.

>

> You can stay cool forever and give it your A+++ game & still have zero chance to win a match. This is b/c you have players who can't play on your team. So many you can't carry them.

>

> The fella started yelling at him yet he was the one who was over 400 MMR below. I'm sorry but they shouldn't even be in the same match b/c it's not fair for whoever has him on their team.

>

> Look at more as him researching how bad the MM has been for him. He had a hypothesis that MM has been giving him dead weight to carry. His experiment showed he had a theory. It was made law when the fella didn't even know where his MMR was and admitted to 400pts lower.

I’m not sure what you disagree with, because no one here is claiming that you can win every match. However, if you’re externalizing your focus on team mates, pissing them off by arguing with them in chat, and losing getting worked up yourself, the odds of every game you play that way will be lowered significantly, regardless of what your odds were in perfect conditions.

Matchmaking will never be perfect and you can’t change that. However you can control how you handle the games you’re given.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > If you’re getting worked up to the point where you’re challenging people to duels then it’s not just bad luck with teams that’s tanking you. I’m sure you have had some bad teams, but if you let that get you worked up, you won’t be playing at your A-game and you’ll lose more games than you should.

> > >

> > > The community can be toxic as hell sometimes and it can suck to see teammates make bad decisions, but to be consistently good at PvP, you need to learn how to keep your cool.

> >

> > I disagree.

> >

> > You can stay cool forever and give it your A+++ game & still have zero chance to win a match. This is b/c you have players who can't play on your team. So many you can't carry them.

> >

> > The fella started yelling at him yet he was the one who was over 400 MMR below. I'm sorry but they shouldn't even be in the same match b/c it's not fair for whoever has him on their team.

> >

> > Look at more as him researching how bad the MM has been for him. He had a hypothesis that MM has been giving him dead weight to carry. His experiment showed he had a theory. It was made law when the fella didn't even know where his MMR was and admitted to 400pts lower.

>

> I’m not sure what you disagree with, because no one here is claiming that you can win every match. However, if you’re externalizing your focus on team mates, pissing them off by arguing with them in chat, and losing getting worked up yourself, the odds of every game you play that way will be lowered significantly, regardless of what your odds were in perfect conditions.

>

> Matchmaking will never be perfect and you can’t change that. However you can control how you handle the games you’re given.

you said he was wrong for losing his cool and dueling the Necro

I say it was within his right and applaud his behavior.

If he your advice he won't win anymore but mine will validate his frustration

> @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > If you’re getting worked up to the point where you’re challenging people to duels then it’s not just bad luck with teams that’s tanking you. I’m sure you have had some bad teams, but if you let that get you worked up, you won’t be playing at your A-game and you’ll lose more games than you should.

> > > >

> > > > The community can be toxic as hell sometimes and it can suck to see teammates make bad decisions, but to be consistently good at PvP, you need to learn how to keep your cool.

> > >

> > > I disagree.

> > >

> > > You can stay cool forever and give it your A+++ game & still have zero chance to win a match. This is b/c you have players who can't play on your team. So many you can't carry them.

> > >

> > > The fella started yelling at him yet he was the one who was over 400 MMR below. I'm sorry but they shouldn't even be in the same match b/c it's not fair for whoever has him on their team.

> > >

> > > Look at more as him researching how bad the MM has been for him. He had a hypothesis that MM has been giving him dead weight to carry. His experiment showed he had a theory. It was made law when the fella didn't even know where his MMR was and admitted to 400pts lower.

> >

> > I’m not sure what you disagree with, because no one here is claiming that you can win every match. However, if you’re externalizing your focus on team mates, pissing them off by arguing with them in chat, and losing getting worked up yourself, the odds of every game you play that way will be lowered significantly, regardless of what your odds were in perfect conditions.

> >

> > Matchmaking will never be perfect and you can’t change that. However you can control how you handle the games you’re given.

>

> you said he was wrong for losing his cool and dueling the Necro

>

> I say it was within his right and applaud his behavior.

>

> If he your advice he won't win anymore but mine will validate his frustration

Wait, I thought the purpose of PvP was to win games. Is this supposed to be a therapy session now?