[Suggestion] bringing back season 1

ravenoak.2459

I still am bit annoyed how game treats my current character (aka treat as character had completed season 1 events which is not true)

so suggestion how to bring em back for story portions while also making em interesting to participate:

1- scalable dungeons (such as flame and frost) (content being soloable or done in party), all old drop rewards back + daily achievement + guaranteed rare/exotic once per day at end

2-zone maps have solo dungeon portal for respective areas event, initiated via story journal

3 - time gate that brings players back to old lions arch (where karka event replays weekly), and separate portal to Scarlets war portion (maybe have main boss fight of event repeat every 4 hours and having one gold doubloon per day available)

4-seasonal ones able to replay via separated dungeon (and four winds appearing in old lions arch )

>

>> "Will season 1 ever be playable? There are players like me who would love to play it and even pay for it."

> [Mike O'Brien](https://www.reddit.com/user/Mike-OBrien-ArenaNet "Mike O'Brien") wrote:

> It's a question that comes up a lot. I have favorite moments I'd love to play again too. But we researched it a while back and realized that restoring and updating Season 1 content, and putting it into episode format, isn't particularly easier than making new episodes. And we think the community is better served with new episodes.

I really wish I could play season1 and meet Scarlet but yeah, it's not gonna happen... My biggest regret in this game is that I was busy with an other MMO when season1 happened and I missed the whole thing... I will forever hate myself for this. Oh well, that's what I get for betraying GW2, lol...

I think that bringing back Season one as a whole is not going to happen. A suggestion that might have a bigger chance is to have fractals do parts of the story in a fractal form, specially cause Fractals allows for slight changes in lore

The fractal starts with two cutscenes. The first is a short footage of the destruction of a scarlet assault knight in Lion's Arch. The second switches to the second aetherblade site, where a light starts blinking. The ship takes off and flies over old LA and drops an extra boss. This boss has the attunement techniques, but also elements from aetherblades, toxic alliance, and dredge/flamelegion. Scarlet's ultimate hybrid. After that you can teleport to the breachmaker and do the final event scaled to a fractal and it ends with the destruction of Scarlet video (but not the full instance)

I would love to have season one broght back But I would REALLY LOVE IT IF THE HALL OF MONUMENTS WAS BROGHT BQCK so we could finish anything left undone from Season 1 also Please update it for Mac users I don't want to have to by an apple computer which will only last 3 years vs my Mac which will last 7 or more years just to play season 1.

It's just NOT gonna happen. Dreamy has an excellent movie, and latecomers have gotten almost everything from events/achieves reward wise outta S1. It's passed time to move on.

> @"Alexander Thorsen.3147" said:

> I would love to have season one broght back But I would REALLY LOVE IT IF THE HALL OF MONUMENTS WAS BROGHT BQCK so we could finish anything left undone from Season 1 also Please update it for Mac users I don't want to have to by an apple computer which will only last 3 years vs my Mac which will last 7 or more years just to play season 1.

And not sure what's meant by bring HOM back for S1 complete. HOM is still there and wasn't required for anything with S1 except getting the rewards from GW1. And that can be done repeatedly,

thats why I suggested to bring S1 parts back as story journal (instanced) and add rewards a little with repeatable achievements, also time portal (for lions arch) could be used for further content if so willed

(or if never to be repeated, I think they should have never added em in first place ... it really sucks to have permanently removed content)

also , it really feels currently that there is massive gap between death of zaithan and season 2 (which actually is enforced by npcs of season 2 ... they talk to your character as if said character had been in half of S1 content even if said char never was, and further was added on story of path of fire ... false memories as my char for one never had been on ones between zaithan and s2 start)

and fractals kinda do not work ... sure frost and flame is partitioned for fractals but thats it ...its so fractured it may as well be not the dungeon

> @"ravenoak.2459" said:

> (or if never to be repeated, I think they should have never added em in first place ... it really sucks to have permanently removed content)

But that was the whole deal with Living World in its original concept, hence the name "Living World". Be there and experience it, or miss out. Many of us who were there loved the excitement and the open world impacts. But the very things that made Season 1 special also made the approach unsustainable.

> @"costepj.5120" said:

> > @"ravenoak.2459" said:

> > (or if never to be repeated, I think they should have never added em in first place ... it really sucks to have permanently removed content)

>

> But that was the whole deal with Living World in its original concept, hence the name "Living World". Be there and experience it, or miss out. Many of us who were there loved the excitement and the open world impacts. But the very things that made Season 1 special also made the approach unsustainable.

>

>

and terrible concept it was ... because now there is massive disconnection on story lines ... my character technically never met anyone of dragons watch ...yet everything acts if character had met em

it would be juts easy to convert em in reality (everything has been done already, now it would be just to convert and rescale that everything into instances) I don't understand why does not Anet add small team on job and then release S1 as episodes way newer seasons are added

• ArenaNet Staff

Here are some of the **many** posts on this subject. As you can see, rolling out this content is not feasible in its original form. Suggestions have been made and I'm sure they'll be considered if they are or become possible in the future.

Other suggestion/question threads:

* https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/8891/ideas-to-help-with-season-1-predicament

* https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/17109/living-world-season-1-instances

* https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19515/living-world-season-1-scarlets-war-full-redesign-idea

* https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/6223/living-world-season-1-replay-current-situation-also-a-general-look-at-the-living-world

Finally, this fan-made video is excellent: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1691/guild-wars-2-the-complete-season-1-movie