Town Clothes Tonics to Outfits

I think most of us are not asking for a refund of the endless tonics but rather another way to get them back. Like some mentioned putting them up in the gem store for a limited time? I really like that dragon emblem tee and khaki outfits <3

It reminds me of my collage days where I used to wear shorts and tees to campus : D

> @"Mil.3562" said:

> I think most of us are not asking for a refund of the endless tonics but rather another way to get them back. Like some mentioned putting them up in the gem store for a limited time? I really like that dragon emblem tee and khaki outfits <3

>

> It reminds me of my collage days where I used to wear shorts and tees to campus : D

I don't think anyone disagrees that it would be good to have other ways to obtain the new outfits. I also think a lot of folks think it's very likely to happen. We just don't know when.

> @"Mil.3562" said:

> I think most of us are not asking for a refund of the endless tonics but rather another way to get them back. Like some mentioned putting them up in the gem store for a limited time? I really like that dragon emblem tee and khaki outfits <3

>

> It reminds me of my collage days where I used to wear shorts and tees to campus : D

Unfortunately that one is the least likely to ever come back. It wasn't sold in the gem store originally, it was a give-away at some conventions before the game was released, so the only way to get it was to go to one of those conventions and find an Anet staff member who still had codes to give away (and hadn't been told to save them for something else), or get one from someone who did that - some fan sites did give-aways and some ended up on ebay of course. When it was turned into a tonic it was account bound, unlike all the others, so it couldn't be sold in-game.

That doesn't mean Anet won't ever bring it back, other items which were originally exclusive to one place/time have come back (the mini llama for example started off as a tournament reward/streamers give-away) but it means it's less likely than the other town clothes.

> @"Shard.4791" said:

> I for one am not interested in the outfits but if they ever get to be individual armor pieces again I'm heavily against buying them twice. I don't get why people put up with buying the same thing twice with their gems.

As various people have said in this topic when town clothes were converted to outfits everyone who had bought them was offered a refund of all the gems they had spent. You got the refund even if you were going to keep the tonic/outfit. So even people who bought town clothes originally wouldn't be paying twice, because they got their money back after the first time.

But there's also people who didn't buy town clothes, or didn't buy many of them, because they couldn't be used in combat so their use was very limited, but would buy them now they're outfits and can be used all the time. Or people who didn't buy them because they didn't have a character who would look good in those clothes, but they've made new characters since then who would suit that look. And people who didn't own GW2 before the wardrobe update and never had a chance to buy these outfits, except as tonics.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Mil.3562" said:

> > I think most of us are not asking for a refund of the endless tonics but rather another way to get them back. Like some mentioned putting them up in the gem store for a limited time? I really like that dragon emblem tee and khaki outfits <3

> >

> > It reminds me of my collage days where I used to wear shorts and tees to campus : D

>

> Unfortunately that one is the least likely to ever come back. It wasn't sold in the gem store originally, it was a give-away at some conventions before the game was released, so the only way to get it was to go to one of those conventions and find an Anet staff member who still had codes to give away (and hadn't been told to save them for something else), or get one from someone who did that - some fan sites did give-aways and some ended up on ebay of course. When it was turned into a tonic it was account bound, unlike all the others, so it couldn't be sold in-game.

>

Ok perhaps not necessary that Dragon Emblem print, any cute prints on a white tee is good enough for me : D