Power Mesmer Fractal Footage

dontlook.1823

I already said what I thought of that video in your other thread:

- you are competing with terrible damage classes while bringing a fraction of their utility (scourge single target? yolo, cPS as top dd? even worse)

- you are cutting fights short like the one at the end of uncategorized where your scourges could have finally epid

- not 1 competent DH, weaver or power holo

- not showing how you deal with cleave on waves like in 99 CM

Not sure what else that video should have been good for besides showing off that mesmer core can compete in a low skill, not optimized setup environment.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> I already said what I thought of that video in your other thread:

>

> - you are competing with terrible damage classes while bringing a fraction of their utility (scourge single target? yolo, cPS as top dd? even worse)

> - you are cutting fights short like the one at the end of uncategorized where your scourges could have finally epid

> - not 1 competent DH, weaver or power holo

> - not showing how you deal with cleave on waves like in 99 CM

>

> Not sure what else that video should have been good for besides showing off that mesmer core can compete in a low skill, not optimized setup environment.

99cm is ridiculously easy and I'm place consistently at the top most of the time. Can I get extra fries with all that salt, please?

> @"dontlook.1823" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > I already said what I thought of that video in your other thread:

> >

> > - you are competing with terrible damage classes while bringing a fraction of their utility (scourge single target? yolo, cPS as top dd? even worse)

> > - you are cutting fights short like the one at the end of uncategorized where your scourges could have finally epid

> > - not 1 competent DH, weaver or power holo

> > - not showing how you deal with cleave on waves like in 99 CM

> >

> > Not sure what else that video should have been good for besides showing off that mesmer core can compete in a low skill, not optimized setup environment.

>

> 99cm is ridiculously easy and I'm place consistently at the top most of the time. Can I get extra fries with all that salt, please?

You asked for opinions. You got an opinion.

The lack of interest in your video speaks for its self.

> @"dontlook.1823" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > I already said what I thought of that video in your other thread:

> >

> > - you are competing with terrible damage classes while bringing a fraction of their utility (scourge single target? yolo, cPS as top dd? even worse)

> > - you are cutting fights short like the one at the end of uncategorized where your scourges could have finally epid

> > - not 1 competent DH, weaver or power holo

> > - not showing how you deal with cleave on waves like in 99 CM

> >

> > Not sure what else that video should have been good for besides showing off that mesmer core can compete in a low skill, not optimized setup environment.

>

> 99cm is ridiculously easy and I'm place consistently at the top most of the time. Can I get extra fries with all that salt, please?

Heh, you come for a opinions on something that has already been established countless times by a majority of the community, actually got one and then reply like this. :+1:

> @"dontlook.1823" said:

> http://plays.tv/video/5a348b90787222a9c6/various-fractal-power-mesmer

> Its pretty short and my first.

> Let me know what you guys think! Been getting pretty good numbers. I am going to make some more footage of some other fractals. I hope they continue to make buffs to power Mesmer. B) B) One damage modifier trait and/or skill that isn't reliant on enemies being stunned would be super swell.

I don't spend much time on fractals and I've never gotten into speed runs or challenge modes. But from what I have seen, even having one person dealing damage the way you do trivializes the content. The bosses go down so quickly you can often ignore the mechanics and just burn them down.

i see one issue with your power build and that is you are not shattering and useing your healing signet this will incress your dps when you know when and how to do it. i also cant tell if your mirrage or standerd mes. if you have pof use mirrage for the utility it will help your power build. if you want you can also do chrono mes with a power shater setup and do double shater for max output in fractals.

> @"Belishine.7493" said:

> i see one issue with your power build and that is you are not shattering and useing your healing signet this will incress your dps when you know when and how to do it. i also cant tell if your mirrage or standerd mes. if you have pof use mirrage for the utility it will help your power build. if you want you can also do chrono mes with a power shater setup and do double shater for max output in fractals.

Awesome. I will give Power Mirage and Chrono a whirl. In the videos I'm running Core Mesmer. It's the highest DPS for boss fights. Ill have to see what Power Mirage and Power Chrono numbers look like but last I checked they were lower than core Power Mesmer.

I have concerns about your dps from first video, you should link molten boss that's a better representation of what you can do netting 17k on molten not bad not great either but not bad.

Quick question if might is already available why not run duelist instead of sword OH? Is it because you want the block?

I would love to do a power mirage.

What is duelist? I run sword OH cause that the is highest DPS for boss fights, but if there are loads of condis I will run Staff for Warlock. It's quite the DPS increase. Other than that I run focus for clearing lower-tier enemies. I want to try power mirage as well. I think I will only see an increase on lower-tier enemies since I will have to give up domination or illusions.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"dontlook.1823" said:

> > What is duelist? I run sword OH cause that the highest DPS for boss fights unless there are loads of condis I will run Staff for Warlock. It's quite the DPS increase. Other than that I run focus for clearing lower-tier mobs.

>

> Duelist is pistol.

Last time I tested it Sword OH came out on top.

> @"dontlook.1823" said:

> > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > > @"dontlook.1823" said:

> > > What is duelist? I run sword OH cause that the highest DPS for boss fights unless there are loads of condis I will run Staff for Warlock. It's quite the DPS increase. Other than that I run focus for clearing lower-tier mobs.

> >

> > Duelist is pistol.

>

> Last time I tested it Sword OH came out on top.

I see, i haven't play my mesmer in power in ages gonna check it out.

> @"Coulter.2315" said:

> Since you're using GS for trash I would suggest going Mirage, it has the most powerful and brutal power cleave Mesmer can do (especially if you have Stamina Sigil, I am seriously addicted to large numbers of mobs and ambush spam).

I want to so bad but its just too much of a dps loss for boss fights. That and I don't want to constantly change builds throughout fractals! thanks for the comment!

> @"Coulter.2315" said:

> Since you're using GS for trash I would suggest going Mirage, it has the most powerful and brutal power cleave Mesmer can do (especially if you have Stamina Sigil, I am seriously addicted to large numbers of mobs and ambush).

I mean you could use Power Chrono, get Chrono Phantasma, WoC, Gravity Well, Continuum Split and Tides of Time for better AoE.

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > Since you're using GS for trash I would suggest going Mirage, it has the most powerful and brutal power cleave Mesmer can do (especially if you have Stamina Sigil, I am seriously addicted to large numbers of mobs and ambush).

>

> I mean you could use Power Chrono, get Chrono Phantasma, WoC, Gravity Well, Continuum Split and Tides of Time for better AoE.

It actually isn't, you and 3 clones each have 3 beams, those beams all cleave 5 targets. So with 5 grouped up you get 3x6kish from you and 9x1kish from the clones per target per activation. You vapourise anything and there is no down time or recharge, you can keep spamming as long as things die. You basically get a 25-30k cleaving auto attack.

> @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > > Since you're using GS for trash I would suggest going Mirage, it has the most powerful and brutal power cleave Mesmer can do (especially if you have Stamina Sigil, I am seriously addicted to large numbers of mobs and ambush).

> >

> > I mean you could use Power Chrono, get Chrono Phantasma, WoC, Gravity Well, Continuum Split and Tides of Time for better AoE.

>

> It actually isn't, you and 3 clones each have 3 beams, those beams all cleave 5 targets. So with 5 grouped up you get 3x6kish from you and 9x1kish from the clones per target per activation. You vapourise anything and there is no down time or recharge, you can keep spamming as long as things die. You basically get a 25-30k cleaving auto attack.

Spatial Surge power scaling is 1.35 on Mesmer.

Let's assume that you do get 3 clones, and all of them deal the exact damage as you (which is false btw, clones only do about 20% of the main mes damage, im only doing this for assumptions sake for this really overbloated claim).

From there you get 1.35x4=5.4 per split Surge.

Well of Calamity pulses 3 times with 0.5 on each pulse + 3.0 on its final, totalling to 4.5 power per WoC. Then we add ToT which hits twice and even more for big bosses, which deals at least 0.8 power damage then hitting twice for 1.6.

Add them up you have a total of 6.1, which beats Split Surge, add in the inconveniency of spamming clones with your Sword autos on bosses, altogether its pretty bad. Outside of Jaunt, Crystal Sands and Mirage Cloak it doesn't provide much. Also try installing a dps meter to see how effective you really are. :)

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > > > Since you're using GS for trash I would suggest going Mirage, it has the most powerful and brutal power cleave Mesmer can do (especially if you have Stamina Sigil, I am seriously addicted to large numbers of mobs and ambush).

> > >

> > > I mean you could use Power Chrono, get Chrono Phantasma, WoC, Gravity Well, Continuum Split and Tides of Time for better AoE.

> >

> > It actually isn't, you and 3 clones each have 3 beams, those beams all cleave 5 targets. So with 5 grouped up you get 3x6kish from you and 9x1kish from the clones per target per activation. You vapourise anything and there is no down time or recharge, you can keep spamming as long as things die. You basically get a 25-30k cleaving auto attack.

>

> Spatial Surge power scaling is 1.35 on Mesmer.

> Let's assume that you do get 3 clones, and all of them deal the exact damage as you (which is false btw, clones only do about 20% of the main mes damage, im only doing this for assumptions sake for this really overbloated claim).

>

> From there you get 1.35x4=5.4 per split Surge.

> Well of Calamity pulses 3 times with 0.5 on each pulse + 3.0 on its final, totalling to 4.5 power per WoC. Then we add ToT which hits twice and even more for big bosses, which deals at least 0.8 power damage then hitting twice for 1.6.

> Add them up you have a total of 6.1, which beats Split Surge, add in the inconveniency of spamming clones with your Sword autos on bosses, altogether its pretty bad. Outside of Jaunt, Crystal Sands and Mirage Cloak it doesn't provide much. Also try installing a dps meter to see how effective you really are. :)

Each split surge has 3 beams, each of those beams cleaves. You comparison is also just ridiculously wrong. You have used Well of Calamity and ToT vs 1 Split Surge, great now you need to wait for Well & ToT to come off CD while I am pushing Split Surge again and again and again, each time something dies I get 2 more Surges to kill something. Maybe you should actually try something before you pretend you have any clue about it.

> @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > > > > Since you're using GS for trash I would suggest going Mirage, it has the most powerful and brutal power cleave Mesmer can do (especially if you have Stamina Sigil, I am seriously addicted to large numbers of mobs and ambush).

> > > >

> > > > I mean you could use Power Chrono, get Chrono Phantasma, WoC, Gravity Well, Continuum Split and Tides of Time for better AoE.

> > >

> > > It actually isn't, you and 3 clones each have 3 beams, those beams all cleave 5 targets. So with 5 grouped up you get 3x6kish from you and 9x1kish from the clones per target per activation. You vapourise anything and there is no down time or recharge, you can keep spamming as long as things die. You basically get a 25-30k cleaving auto attack.

> >

> > Spatial Surge power scaling is 1.35 on Mesmer.

> > Let's assume that you do get 3 clones, and all of them deal the exact damage as you (which is false btw, clones only do about 20% of the main mes damage, im only doing this for assumptions sake for this really overbloated claim).

> >

> > From there you get 1.35x4=5.4 per split Surge.

> > Well of Calamity pulses 3 times with 0.5 on each pulse + 3.0 on its final, totalling to 4.5 power per WoC. Then we add ToT which hits twice and even more for big bosses, which deals at least 0.8 power damage then hitting twice for 1.6.

> > Add them up you have a total of 6.1, which beats Split Surge, add in the inconveniency of spamming clones with your Sword autos on bosses, altogether its pretty bad. Outside of Jaunt, Crystal Sands and Mirage Cloak it doesn't provide much. Also try installing a dps meter to see how effective you really are. :)

>

> Each split surge has 3 beams, each of those beams cleaves. You comparison is also just ridiculously wrong. You have used Well of Calamity and ToT vs 1 Split Surge, great now you need to wait for Well & ToT to come off CD while I am pushing Split Surge again and again and again, each time something dies I get 2 more Surges to kill something. Maybe you should actually try something before you pretend you have any clue about it.

Oh I play lots of GS Mirage in PvP, I know how it works. Each Beam can cleave through a target, so at most if the targets are packed together they can deal a lot of damage dealing 3 times the damage a beam could normally do. But which scenario would you have 3 clones, packed together, and they're still not dead yet? I tried it on the Fractal Golem, it deals about 20k dps. In comparison, a Chrono doing everything to kill the same golems has 10k dps using Focus Phantasms to cleave them and 18k with Sword Phantasms on a single target.

Not to mention you have to swap out Mirage for a boss cause how shitty Mirage Sword for PvE is and GS for single target.