Would you play in Palawadan if it didn't have such high rewards?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > On the subject of nerfs ... there does not seem to be any other decent alternative to getting volatile magic so I would hope they pay attention to what they are nerfing if it happens.

> > >

> > > Good point. I imagine when LS4.2 comes out, we'll have other sources. Over time, it became easier and easier to get unbound during LS3; I imagine we'll see something similar for VM. Generally, it's easier for ANet (and better for the game) is the sources are too stingy. Then ANet can tone it down and we forget the difficulty. (In contrast, being too generous at first leads to cranky players: look at the anger for the inevitable nerf of AB/ML.)

> >

> > Currently Kralkatite is over 5 times worse than the worst(berries) conversion of items to unbound magic. Even if that wasn't the case the sources of Kralkatite isn't all that great either.

>

> I'd compare current conversion & farming rates to Bloodstone Rubies, i.e. LS3.1 to LS4.1. The introduction of LS3.3/Winterberries turned Unbound Magic from feeling unobtainable (to many people) to being farmable enough to convert to Mystic Bundles in bulk. Many still feel b-rubies can be a struggle, but I haven't seen recent complaints about getting UM.

>

> That said, I'm not a fan of how we get kralk. I'd rather see fewer T6 nodes and some non-meteor strike Kralk nodes.

1 Blood Ruby = 25-50 Unbound Magic

1 Kralkatite = 3-5 Volatile Magic ...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> I haven't been back to Istan since the 2nd day of the release so...

> I just find the map boring compared to the other PoF maps.

Digging up a comment from page 1... my apologies!

Plains of Jarin wasn't my favourite Nightfall map either, and it hasn't improved much in GW2. I appreciate the loot-filled events that mean there's now somewhere you can reliably find other players in PoF maps, but my thing tends to be environment, and I wish this map hadn't been blown up so much in the vertical sense. It makes everything feel smaller when sky-high cliffs (that weren't there in GW1) make the so-called Plains of Jarin look like a box canyon.

I've finished the achievements in the first 3 of the 5 core PoF maps so far, and my favourite one to spend time in has been Elon Riverlands. It captures the desert expanse really well, and the spires dotted through the river seem well-placed, rather than gratuitous like the ones in Verdant Brink.

You can also exchange Kralkatite and Powdered Rose Quartz for Material Shipments (in the Sunspear-base); you don't really need VM for those goods, so you don't have to convert Kralkatite. You also get fairly decent amounts through hearts (25 per heart per day) and Brandstone-Sites (which also give decent amounts of Powdered Rose Quartz). People just have to use their friggin' skill 5 of the Brandstone-Multitool to upgrade the Brandstone-Sites for better and more loot.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> You can also exchange Kralkatite and Powdered Rose Quartz for Material Shipments (in the Sunspear-base); you don't really need VM for those goods, so you don't have to convert Kralkatite. You also get fairly decent amounts through hearts (25 per heart per day) and Brandstone-Sites (which also give decent amounts of Powdered Rose Quartz). People just have to use their friggin' skill 5 of the Brandstone-Multitool to upgrade the Brandstone-Sites for better and more loot.

The brandstone cap seems very very low. I think I've hit it just doing then randomly at a low priority(meaning I only go to mine if I wasn't doing anything else). I assume I've hit the limit if mining one only gives me dragonite ore unless that is some other issue.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > > > I just find it funny that since PoF got released, everybody ran around praising Joko on social networks but as soon as they were given the chance to steal loot from him, they farmed his City to the ground.

> > > >

> > > > 1) I never praised him

> > > > 2) we are NOT stealing. we are liberating!

> > >

> > > 2) Event says we are raiding it for supplies, doesnt sound like liberating to me.

> >

> > Theoretically, we are helping the locals recover what Joko's flunkies have stolen. The reason so much ends up in our own private inventory is...um...politics? Let's just call it our 'percentage' of the haul.

> >

> > One of the many ways GW2 is morally ambiguous.

>

> Have you done the heart at Champion's Dawn? You gain more karma for not giving food to the hungry villagers.

I did notice we could keep the confiscated food and sell it for a fair amount of silver.

I've hardly been back to it, mainly because the performance I get during that meta and in that map is abysmal (a lot worse than metas in other maps, and even world bosses!) which makes it not enjoyable anyway. Otherwise it would probably be fun enough for meto do at least occasionally, even though it's not really anything outstanding.