[Suggestion] Checkbox to turn off legendary trinket/mount particle effects

This mechanic already exists for backpacks, allowing you to hide it while still having it equipped. With the coming release of a second legendary trinket, it seems like a prime time to consider offering players an option to turn off certain particle effects attached to other equipment. Although having a legendary trinket is very convenient, the giant swirling orbs of Aurora don't match every style, and particle effects are going to quickly pile up (5 auras at once just for stat convenience?). Although some players may want to be cocooned in a bundle of swirling lights, others do not, and it would be a nice service if those players could reduce visual clutter for themselves and everyone around them.

In the same line of thinking, several mount skins have constant sand/frost effects cascading off of them and it would be quite nice to be able to turn those particle effects off as well. The Twin Sands skin for Jackal and the Arctic Jerboa for Springer, for example, look very nice without the sand falling off of them, and when dyed in some ways those particle effects actually diminish the attractiveness of the skin.

Because GW2 has so much on screen at any given time, allowing players to voluntarily cut back the amount of effects on their own character would be a nice option. I'm not sure if this would reduce resources required to render many players at once, but it might at least clean up some visual clutter.

What do you guys think?

> @"Lady Lozza.9670" said:

> I'd like the ability to turn this stuff off for my own character, I'd also like the option to turn it off for other characters without having to resort to "basic" models. Visual clutter during meta events is getting bothersome.

i fully agree with you on this even when i do events for gold and mats like teq and have every thing turned off and set to low. the lag i been getting as of late. seams to get worse with these things in the game . and we all know anet will never fix them but we all sure wish they would fix them .

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> I love the synergy between the OP's name and the thread title, if only traits worked this well...

I didn't even think about this. lol!

Being able to "reduce particles on other players" seems like it might be more complicated than just "hide my particles on this one item". But I don't actually know how difficult either would be.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Lady Lozza.9670" said:

> I'd like the ability to turn this stuff off for my own character, I'd also like the option to turn it off for other characters without having to resort to "basic" models. Visual clutter during meta events is getting bothersome.

Yeah, some kind of "reduce player effects" checkbox or something would be super useful for when I am doing large meta events where lot's of people will be.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > i'd like this to turn off the swirly green stuff around my soulbeast when merged with pet.

> >

> > like i get it...i merged with pet, stop this green stuff <.<

>

> Just why did it have to be green :s ruins my whole fashion wars!

Better than blue that Firebrand has all over the place.

Or Guardian in general.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > i'd like this to turn off the swirly green stuff around my soulbeast when merged with pet.

> > >

> > > like i get it...i merged with pet, stop this green stuff <.<

> >

> > Just why did it have to be green :s ruins my whole fashion wars!

>

> Better than blue that Firebrand has all over the place.

> Or Guardian in general.

true

xD

green and blue...come on

even YELLOW works better with most of the color schemes people use in this game

> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > > i'd like this to turn off the swirly green stuff around my soulbeast when merged with pet.

> > > >

> > > > like i get it...i merged with pet, stop this green stuff <.<

> > >

> > > Just why did it have to be green :s ruins my whole fashion wars!

> >

> > Better than blue that Firebrand has all over the place.

> > Or Guardian in general.

>

> true

>

> xD

>

> green and blue...come on

>

> even YELLOW works better with most of the color schemes people use in this game

Red, Yellow, and Green is mainly what I usually use.

The issue though is for my Soulbeast, I would rather have purple. Her scheme is purple. Not green.

My Guardian's theme is pink or purple. Not blue.

My theme on my Necro is red. Not yellow or green.

My theme on my Mesmer is turquoise. Not purple or pink.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > i'd like this to turn off the swirly green stuff around my soulbeast when merged with pet.

> > >

> > > like i get it...i merged with pet, stop this green stuff <.<

> >

> > Just why did it have to be green :s ruins my whole fashion wars!

>

> Better than blue that Firebrand has all over the place.

> Or Guardian in general.

Luckily my firebrand has a blue/lavender/grey theme going on so it works out.

But my ranger has a gold and black look, the green just doesn't fit. But I'm gonna re-gear him to be a druid soon.

• 11 months later...