What "Raid locked" means.

> @"Torolan.5816" said:

> And that brings me to two questions:

> Why should I be personally held accountible for progress in my free time and for doing an activity that I do for fun? i don´t get paid, I don´t prepare for a contest.

> Why is raid difficulty held in high esteem on one side and downplayed on the other side? It has to be hard vs it isn´t that hard does not make much sense to me. The only solution I personally see for this dilemma is bragging rights and the unwillingness to share with strangers.

Then you are not a target player for this content. Move on and enjoy the other 90%+ of this game which cater to your desire.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Torolan.5816" said:

> I never intended to further raid after trying it. I just can´t stand it when posters like ReaverKane come out and tell me how incorrect my views on MMOs are despite playing them with joy for well over a decade.

Understandable. Personally I'd say maybe give it a try with a nice group of people, I certainly have the most fun when raiding with friends/guild mates (though that is often not the most "productive" group). If that still doesn't work, then just leave them.

Otherwise, just enjoy the parts of the game that are fun to you.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Torolan.5816" said:

> > I never intended to further raid after trying it. I just can´t stand it when posters like ReaverKane come out and tell me how incorrect my views on MMOs are despite playing them with joy for well over a decade.

>

> Understandable. Personally I'd say maybe give it a try with a nice group of people, I certainly have the most fun when raiding with friends/guild mates (though that is often not the most "productive" group). If that still doesn't work, then just leave them.

>

> Otherwise, just enjoy the parts of the game that are fun to you.

Ditto! AS Cyn said, it seems raids just aren't your "thing", and that's fine. There is soo much more to do in this game. I have been told that fractals are actually harder in many ways than Raids, and folks do them by the score. I raid and enjoy them but that's because its what I did in many other MMO's, mainly WOW. I was a tank for like 8 years yet I tried to the same "job" with raids here and oh boy, I an tell you, not happening....yet. So I made a dps and support and got into it just fine. Yes, PUGS in this game are somewhat of an enigma but as mentioned there are HEAPS of other options, if one only applies oneself and does the legwork. In my head raids shouldn't be "pugable" and by that I mean when I think of a pug group it more along the lines of what I wrote about LFG/LFR in WOW. YOU had to meet a certain gear requirement (which equates to skill most times) and if so off you went, no kicking. If you left a group you got penalized so it made folks just work together and have some fun, while learning the content!

But plain and simple, if raids aren't your bag/thing/cup 'o tea/ etc. there is no harm or shame in that and if others have issue then f 'em! Play what you like, how you like and when you like, period. And maybe do give this a shot.... " Personally I'd say maybe give it a try with a nice group of people, I certainly have the most fun when raiding with friends/guild mates (though that is often not the most "productive" group). If that still doesn't work, then just leave them."...... cant hurt?? B)

I am looking at all this discussion and so little seem to focus on question of training raids that I am starting to think that people are not actually interested in it.

What could the community do more to please people? Practically every guild I know that dabbles in raid has some form of training. The one I alluded to before has 3, for different time zones, that constantly seeks new players.

The only thing I can think of that would make things better is if in game party search channels was changed so that selling and training got their own. I would also not mind if there was in-game incentives to help out and train players, like a mode which gave some rewards for failing (not shards) but no reward for success unless its the first kill for that account.

> @"Belorn.2659" said:

> Ilike a mode which gave some rewards for failing (not shards) but no reward for success unless its the first kill for that account.

That is a pretty interesting idea...But i am thinking how easy would it be to abuse this with like alt accounts for example?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> In the same room with the "shady guy" are people who aren't asking for 20 LI.

I look (almos) everyday in the lfg asking for 200 li is a low number ( i could post some screens later)

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > Me: Other ways?

> > Man: You could try to find 9 other people like you and smash the door in.

> > Me: And this works?

> > Man: Never seen it work, but many tried it.

> > Me: So i cant enter.

> > Man: Looks like it.

> > Me: Well thank you for your time.

> > Man: Oh one last thing. Next time it will be 300 Li.

>

> So how did all the current raiders start out?

>

> Stop trying to skip ahead of the line. You have no experience so wanting to join experienced groups obviously won't work.

>

> Join training runs or normal guilds that raid (no applying to Snow Crows, Quantify or some other high skill raiding guild does not qualify as "trying to join a guild").

>

> Your problem is not that people are wanting 200 LI. Your problem is that you are unwilling to put in the time and effort to actually gain experience but instead want to leech off of other people carrying through the raid getting taken along for a ride on their work.

"Leech" i WISH i could do this but i cant.

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> In that same room in your scenario you can open it, you can make a Group, you can lead a Raid, you have Those options you don’t have to rely on Joining another Players Group, you are free to do Raids, there are the possibilities of joining Raid training guilds(quite a few out there), Raiding Guilds that are willing to teahc(quite a few out there, Starting your own Guild to learn with others, on top of making you own LFM postings, or you can join LFM postings already up on the LFG quite a few don’t require Li. Etc

>

> Everyone has equal Access to Raids. Just because you don’t want to do any of those options or many others doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

Have you ever seen that what you say? Someone opens A raid squad with 0 requierments and than killed a boss?

"Join raid training guild" I have never seen one ingame. Never in flg Never in Map Chat and yes i look.

200 Li to join a guild was the lowest i ever have seen.

> @"Belorn.2659" said:

> Seems like an advertisement issue if you feel like there is no training guilds.

>

> Know one guild on Na that usually run training at 2am, 4am and 9:30 am (server time), spread out during the week.

Im EU and like i said before , i have NEVER seen this legend what you call "training guilds".

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> So you picked the only door that is usless?

> The Complain in the forums instead of actually trying?

> Because, son, A LOT of guilds do raids and don't ask for Li.

Where are the "LOt of guilds "? The lowest i have ever seen is 200 LI to join. (Eu)

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > @"Belorn.2659" said:

> > > Seems like an advertisement issue if you feel like there is no training guilds.

> > >

> > > Know one guild on Na that usually run training at 2am, 4am and 9:30 am (server time), spread out during the week.

> >

> > It is an "I am too lazy to google issue". Training guilds and communities are everywhere. If you just google "guild wars 2 raid training" the first 4 results have everything you need no matter where you are.

> >

> > Even the snowcrows have it on their page:

> >

> > https://snowcrows.com/newtoraids/

> >

> > But the OP and everyone else are either too lazy you do a simple google search or just want to pretend to be victims, thus they just ignore whatever exits that invalidates their complain.

> >

> > If you are new DO NOT PUG a raid. There is no need to go through that process if you cannot handle the few toxic groups and there is no need to lie about your experience. Just join a community. There are literally thousands of ppl like you there. It is that easy. No need for drama, poems or imaginary dialogs.

> >

> Is this helpful comments or hurtful comments?

>

>

So i guess im right then that Raids are locked . If i have so go outside of the game to play it ..... Yep guess im right.

Training guilds do exist for Raids but apparently aren't visible enough in-game.

The best solution in my opinion is to create an in-game guild browser. Unlike other solutions that are Raid specific, a guild browser that can show recruitment requirements can be used by all game modes. A PVP team looking for specific builds to go for Automated Tournaments, a GVG guild looking to fill specific slots in their roster and of course simple general guild recruiting through an in-game interface instead of requiring posts in map chat.

We are long gone of the era of a trade chat channel thanks to the trading post, now it's time to move guild recruiting to the next stage.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > In the same room with the "shady guy" are people who aren't asking for 20 LI.

>

> I look (almos) everyday in the lfg asking for 200 li is a low number ( i could post some screens later)

>

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > Me: Other ways?

> > > Man: You could try to find 9 other people like you and smash the door in.

> > > Me: And this works?

> > > Man: Never seen it work, but many tried it.

> > > Me: So i cant enter.

> > > Man: Looks like it.

> > > Me: Well thank you for your time.

> > > Man: Oh one last thing. Next time it will be 300 Li.

> >

> > So how did all the current raiders start out?

> >

> > Stop trying to skip ahead of the line. You have no experience so wanting to join experienced groups obviously won't work.

> >

> > Join training runs or normal guilds that raid (no applying to Snow Crows, Quantify or some other high skill raiding guild does not qualify as "trying to join a guild").

> >

> > Your problem is not that people are wanting 200 LI. Your problem is that you are unwilling to put in the time and effort to actually gain experience but instead want to leech off of other people carrying through the raid getting taken along for a ride on their work.

>

> "Leech" i WISH i could do this but i cant.

>

>

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > In that same room in your scenario you can open it, you can make a Group, you can lead a Raid, you have Those options you don’t have to rely on Joining another Players Group, you are free to do Raids, there are the possibilities of joining Raid training guilds(quite a few out there), Raiding Guilds that are willing to teahc(quite a few out there, Starting your own Guild to learn with others, on top of making you own LFM postings, or you can join LFM postings already up on the LFG quite a few don’t require Li. Etc

> >

> > Everyone has equal Access to Raids. Just because you don’t want to do any of those options or many others doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

>

> Have you ever seen that what you say? Someone opens A raid squad with 0 requierments and than killed a boss?

Yes, it's called training runs. No one said it was easy PUGing and getting into raids.

>

> "Join raid training guild" I have never seen one ingame. Never in flg Never in Map Chat and yes i look.

> 200 Li to join a guild was the lowest i ever have seen.

>

No you have most certainly NOT looked. I'm on EU, I raid heavily mondays and on the weekend (currently monday-wensday because wing 5 doesn;t always go smooth and I help friends get their kills too. Cleared boss 1-3 in wing 5 twice this week) while making my own group and having an eye on the LFG. I can't speak for US, but on EU there most certainly is a LOT of training and low requirement runs advertised during prime time.

> > @"Belorn.2659" said:

> > Seems like an advertisement issue if you feel like there is no training guilds.

> >

> > Know one guild on Na that usually run training at 2am, 4am and 9:30 am (server time), spread out during the week.

>

> Im EU and like i said before , i have NEVER seen this legend what you call "training guilds".

>

>

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > So you picked the only door that is usless?

> > The Complain in the forums instead of actually trying?

> > Because, son, A LOT of guilds do raids and don't ask for Li.

>

> Where are the "LOt of guilds "? The lowest i have ever seen is 200 LI to join. (Eu)

>

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > @"Belorn.2659" said:

> > > > Seems like an advertisement issue if you feel like there is no training guilds.

> > > >

> > > > Know one guild on Na that usually run training at 2am, 4am and 9:30 am (server time), spread out during the week.

> > >

> > > It is an "I am too lazy to google issue". Training guilds and communities are everywhere. If you just google "guild wars 2 raid training" the first 4 results have everything you need no matter where you are.

> > >

> > > Even the snowcrows have it on their page:

> > >

> > > https://snowcrows.com/newtoraids/

> > >

> > > But the OP and everyone else are either too lazy you do a simple google search or just want to pretend to be victims, thus they just ignore whatever exits that invalidates their complain.

> > >

> > > If you are new DO NOT PUG a raid. There is no need to go through that process if you cannot handle the few toxic groups and there is no need to lie about your experience. Just join a community. There are literally thousands of ppl like you there. It is that easy. No need for drama, poems or imaginary dialogs.

> > >

> > Is this helpful comments or hurtful comments?

> >

> >

On the guild recruitment reddit there is multiple guilds looking for new members: https://www.reddit.com/r/guildrecruitment/

From the first page of the dungeon, fractal, raid forum:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20886/raiding-help-me-find-the-way-to-proper-team#latest

(in which people post to communities like https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnmm7izclsz337p7a86kUUMlWlqBJo_YY5pho0i9NLU/edit#heading=h.3ae6e1rl9o6s)

and last but not least the very own guild recruitment page in these very forums:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/looking-for-guild

Not to mention guilds spamming in LA about looking for new members.

>

> So i guess im right then that Raids are locked . If i have so go outside of the game to play it ..... Yep guess im right.

>

You can lead a horse to water...

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> What was that slogan they used... if you like mmos you should check out gw2 if you hate mmos you definitely want to check out gw2, ahhhhhh memories.

That's actually one of the few things that are still applicable to current GW2.

I mean look at this as if it was a game like Battlefield or COD, etc. Those games main appeal is the MP aspect. There's a campaign, but usually a short one that lasts a couple hours.

GW2 has a similar content, with way more hours of single-player stuff than COD.

So people that like more single-player oriented experiences can still enjoy a lot more hours of GW2 than you can of COD for a lower cost. Then you can ignore the multi-player aspects and simply wait for the next story step.

But just like people in COD don't complain they suck and multi-player after they finish the campaign, i don't understand why people feel entitled to complain about multi player content in MMORPGs. In fact it makes even less sense to do so, since the entire genre is predicated upon being a multi-player game type.

So, if you're so anti-social that you can't begin to communicate with others at the basic level that you can't do a Raid. Maybe, MMORPGs aren't for you. But if you still want a MMORPG, GW2 is the probably best experience you can get.

Look at BDO, for example (it's fair to say it's one of the main competitors of GW2 atm). In there you have to compete for kills, and unlike GW2 where you have multiple weapon types per class, in BDO you're very limited, so basically if you're a melee type and there's a ranged caster in the same area as you, good luck in finishing anything. In GW2, you don't have such issues, you can just run around and treat other players as ally NPCs, instead of competition. The same is true about 90% of other MMORPGs out there.

So yes, if you don't like MMORPGs, but you like RPGs, GW2 is still a good bet for you. In fact i'd argue it's more value for money than for example Fallout 4. And if you start getting a taste of Multiplayer stuff, you can do fractals, raids and dungeons. If you start feeling competitive, there's PvP and WvW.

> @"Torolan.5816" said:

> I agree that many people probably never played 3headed worm despit its very high quality and that this is a a shame.

>

> I also agree when you say that it requires organisation, but I see a glaring difference in the organisation aspect:

> If i want to join a 3 headed, I can do it with the stuff I am currently clad in. My class makes the difference, not my equipment. Nobody asks me for anything except my class, the organisation the TS you participate with gives you a general skill direction and asks for able people to block eggs. Nobody cares if you have experience or Li or whatever, the fine people who organize stuff there explain it to even the most meatheaded bruiser. And the most delighting aspect about that event is that people who are on the chosen map by chance can join and never set foot in TS, you don´t even need to understand the language as you can just jog along with one of the three crews . I joined many of such runs, some on a whim.

You can do open bosses with crap gear and builds because there's 50 other guys there to pick up your slack. Raids are done for 10 people, and the other 9 guys can't really afford to pick up your slack.

Also, that's different today. 3 years ago Triple Trouble and Tequatl could really fail a lot, and it did, it still does, if you don't have enough competent people there. Even though the damage output today is almost 2x what it was when those bosses were released (you can thank raids a lot for those optimized builds, although most of it is just Elite specs).

So yeah, there was a time, when although you weren't kicked form those events (simply because you couldn't be, otherwise trust me, a lot of people would be getting kicked) if you didn't join the map 30 minutes earlier you'd probably fail the boss.

>

> If Anet would have stayed on that course, instanced hard content would have been completely unnecessary. But somehow they failed or someone high in the ranks thought that it would be neat to have the same hardcore mentality like in so many cloned games that people call MMOs. You know, the kind of people that can´t stand to share with those who are not as good as they are, even when they have nothing at stake.

Instanced Hard content WAS ALWAYS a part of GW2. Dungeons, especially some like Arah P4 were as hard as any raid (at the time). I remember trying P4 for 3 hours without completing it, and none of us came to the forums to complain, we just decided to try it out with different builds, after improving our DPS and adding some poison condis to prevent the heals (which were nerfed later on btw).

Also, again, you're making assumptions. Like me, and a lot of others, mentioned before, there's a ton of experienced players that will do raids with less experienced people, do training runs, and whatnot, without any benefit to themselves (since drops are locked to once a week). And yet you complain that raids are dominated by people that won't share.

Here's what's happening, and this is a good example of why you see people asking for Li:

2 Years ago, i was managing a warehouse, and we had to finish inventory within a week, just before Christmas. It was a gruelling thing since the previous manager didn't have a proper system and instead had everything committed to memory (and i was managing it for less than a month, so didn't get the time to actually implement anything). So basically i was working 12+ hours a day to get that shit done. When i got back home all i could really do was daily achievements and a quick run of fractals. I was tired and frustrated from the shitty work, and just wanted to get stuff done and go to sleep.

So imagine how great it felt when i got Pugs with people without even enough AR for the fractals? That's why i started asking people to stand in the agony pit in the lobby. There's people out there that are on a schedule, and can't really afford the time to put up with other people's inability to put in an effort.

And this is the crux of 90% of people complaining about Raids. They want raids to conform to their build/laziness, instead of putting in the effort to improve themselves.

I main a guardian, and when i started gathering people for a raid group (still work in progress), because there were a lot more guardians than mesmers or druids, i spent about half my gold in getting gear for my mesmer (the one i liked playing the least out of all my lvl 80 characters), i got the gear, made the build, and spent hours on the training golem practising my rotation until i could get a decent quickness uptime. Then i read about strategies and hints from experienced players until i could at least be decent at it. I'm not saying i'm great, i'm not, but i'm putting in the effort to get a proper group going so i can do that content regularly. So far we got escort down to never fails. We're still in the process of getting other bosses down, because we're still only like 6 of us, and at least a couple don't have full builds yet, so unless we get lucky at pugs we're still lacking in DPS and experience. But we're getting there, and that's the whole point of Raids.

> @"Torolan.5816" said:

> And that brings me to two questions:

> **Why should I be personally held accountible for progress in my free time and for doing an activity that I do for fun? i don´t get paid, I don´t prepare for a contest.**

> Why is raid difficulty held in high esteem on one side and downplayed on the other side? It has to be hard vs it isn´t that hard does not make much sense to me. The only solution I personally see for this dilemma is bragging rights and the unwillingness to share with strangers.

> @"Torolan.5816" said:

> I never intended to further raid after trying it. I just can´t stand it when posters like ReaverKane come out and tell me how incorrect my views on MMOs are despite playing them with joy for well over a decade.

Well, i can't stand people like you either, so congrats, we mutually agree.

You forget that there's 9 other people playing with you, who are also devoting their time to that activity. **It's those 9 other people you're accountable to.** It's not just a game you're playing alone, it's the time of 9 others you're wasting. And the fact that you can't even acknowledge this tells more about your character flaws, than any of the game's flaws.

People like **YOU** is the reason why people need to ask for Li in LFG. People that think the world revolves around them, and that everything needs to conform and cater to your feelings. **You**'re the one in the wrong here, not the game, not the people asking for Li.

> @"Belorn.2659" said:

> I am looking at all this discussion and so little seem to focus on question of training raids that I am starting to think that people are not actually interested in it.

>

> What could the community do more to please people? Practically every guild I know that dabbles in raid has some form of training. The one I alluded to before has 3, for different time zones, that constantly seeks new players.

>

> The only thing I can think of that would make things better is if in game party search channels was changed so that selling and training got their own. I would also not mind if there was in-game incentives to help out and train players, like a mode which gave some rewards for failing (not shards) but no reward for success unless its the first kill for that account.

Yeah, it would be interesting to see something like the rewards for repeatable hero challenges be adapted to raids. I mean a lot of people help out with training raids already just for the heck of it. But would be nice to see some incentive and reward for those guys.

I suppose most people in this topic did try/do try to pug raids with a certain frequency; you probably realize then that the population is not that large. Within weeks you already know the regulars and is constantly teaming up with the same people. I rarely meet players I already know in Fractal pugs for example, whereas in raids you're bound to find familiar people very fast if you truly invest into it. This is somewhat problematic because, in spite of the (very good) effort from awesome commanders who do training runs, there are no more raiders to go around, let alone raiders that start their own raids. It doesn't mean new players are locked from raiding, but it does mean the (social) entry barrier for a tight-knit group is there to be faced, at least if you want to insist on pugs. You're bound to find some animosity because if a single run goes wrong or if you start in a bad day you already took more or less 9 players out of your pool of future encounters. In sum, we could use more people in this mode and I have no idea how Anet would go about this.

EDIT: also worth to mention, more population would solve the #1 problem with Raids, the incessantly waiting around for things to happen. With the enrage timers you'd think raids would be something frantic with people heading into encounters after a quick "study", but it's 60% talking and waiting at least.

> So i guess im right then that Raids are locked . If i have so go outside of the game to play it ..... Yep guess im right.

>

I love how you deliberately ignored all the links people have posted pointing you to actual guilds and training communities on the account that they are not in-game. This is an MMORPG. Communities and guilds have been organizing themselves around Voip servers, forums and reddit since ever. It is really that a huge of a step to check the official forum and reddit of a game or google for a guild in the various recruitment channels?

How is going to a guild website or to a discord channel a "go outside of the game" activity? Why is that even an excuse that justifies that raids are locked? There absolutely no logic here.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> I love how you deliberately ignored all the links people have posted pointing you to actual guilds and training communities on the account that they are not in-game. This is an MMORPG. Communities and guilds have been organizing themselves around Voip servers, forums and reddit since ever. It is really that a huge of a step to check the official forum and reddit of a game or google for a guild in the various recruitment channels?

>

> How is going to a guild website or to a discord channel a "go outside of the game" activity? Why is that even an excuse that justifies that raids are locked? There absolutely no logic here.

The logic is that raiding requires communicating with other people thus some people feel locked out of the content. The bottom line is people are either scared of being told no or do not want to put any effort into the content to begin with or possibly a little of both. Just look at the OP's post he completely ignored the fact that there are other groups/guilds/training but focused entirely on the one single group that said no.

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > In the same room with the "shady guy" are people who aren't asking for 20 LI.

>

> I look (almos) everyday in the lfg asking for 200 li is a low number ( i could post some screens later)

>

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > Me: Other ways?

> > > Man: You could try to find 9 other people like you and smash the door in.

> > > Me: And this works?

> > > Man: Never seen it work, but many tried it.

> > > Me: So i cant enter.

> > > Man: Looks like it.

> > > Me: Well thank you for your time.

> > > Man: Oh one last thing. Next time it will be 300 Li.

> >

> > So how did all the current raiders start out?

> >

> > Stop trying to skip ahead of the line. You have no experience so wanting to join experienced groups obviously won't work.

> >

> > Join training runs or normal guilds that raid (no applying to Snow Crows, Quantify or some other high skill raiding guild does not qualify as "trying to join a guild").

> >

> > Your problem is not that people are wanting 200 LI. Your problem is that you are unwilling to put in the time and effort to actually gain experience but instead want to leech off of other people carrying through the raid getting taken along for a ride on their work.

>

> "Leech" i WISH i could do this but i cant.

>

>

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > In that same room in your scenario you can open it, you can make a Group, you can lead a Raid, you have Those options you don’t have to rely on Joining another Players Group, you are free to do Raids, there are the possibilities of joining Raid training guilds(quite a few out there), Raiding Guilds that are willing to teahc(quite a few out there, Starting your own Guild to learn with others, on top of making you own LFM postings, or you can join LFM postings already up on the LFG quite a few don’t require Li. Etc

> >

> > Everyone has equal Access to Raids. Just because you don’t want to do any of those options or many others doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

>

> Have you ever seen that what you say? Someone opens A raid squad with 0 requierments and than killed a boss?

>

> "Join raid training guild" I have never seen one ingame. Never in flg Never in Map Chat and yes i look.

> 200 Li to join a guild was the lowest i ever have seen.

>

> > @"Belorn.2659" said:

> > Seems like an advertisement issue if you feel like there is no training guilds.

> >

> > Know one guild on Na that usually run training at 2am, 4am and 9:30 am (server time), spread out during the week.

>

> Im EU and like i said before , i have NEVER seen this legend what you call "training guilds".

>

>

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > So you picked the only door that is usless?

> > The Complain in the forums instead of actually trying?

> > Because, son, A LOT of guilds do raids and don't ask for Li.

>

> Where are the "LOt of guilds "? The lowest i have ever seen is 200 LI to join. (Eu)

>

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > @"Belorn.2659" said:

> > > > Seems like an advertisement issue if you feel like there is no training guilds.

> > > >

> > > > Know one guild on Na that usually run training at 2am, 4am and 9:30 am (server time), spread out during the week.

> > >

> > > It is an "I am too lazy to google issue". Training guilds and communities are everywhere. If you just google "guild wars 2 raid training" the first 4 results have everything you need no matter where you are.

> > >

> > > Even the snowcrows have it on their page:

> > >

> > > https://snowcrows.com/newtoraids/

> > >

> > > But the OP and everyone else are either too lazy you do a simple google search or just want to pretend to be victims, thus they just ignore whatever exits that invalidates their complain.

> > >

> > > If you are new DO NOT PUG a raid. There is no need to go through that process if you cannot handle the few toxic groups and there is no need to lie about your experience. Just join a community. There are literally thousands of ppl like you there. It is that easy. No need for drama, poems or imaginary dialogs.

> > >

> > Is this helpful comments or hurtful comments?

> >

> >

>

>

Have you checked the 'looking for guild' part of this forum? Pleanty of guilds that offer raiding without any other requirements than a will do do your best and to learn.

If you want the most established training communities/guilds, they would have been an easy google search away but here you go:

RTI - Raid Training Initiative: http://rti.enjin.com/

The Crossroads Inn(this is a community and not a single guild): https://discord.gg/nZg52r3

> @"Chris McSwag.4683" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > In the same room with the "shady guy" are people who aren't asking for 20 LI.

> >

> > I look (almos) everyday in the lfg asking for 200 li is a low number ( i could post some screens later)

> >

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > Me: Other ways?

> > > > Man: You could try to find 9 other people like you and smash the door in.

> > > > Me: And this works?

> > > > Man: Never seen it work, but many tried it.

> > > > Me: So i cant enter.

> > > > Man: Looks like it.

> > > > Me: Well thank you for your time.

> > > > Man: Oh one last thing. Next time it will be 300 Li.

> > >

> > > So how did all the current raiders start out?

> > >

> > > Stop trying to skip ahead of the line. You have no experience so wanting to join experienced groups obviously won't work.

> > >

> > > Join training runs or normal guilds that raid (no applying to Snow Crows, Quantify or some other high skill raiding guild does not qualify as "trying to join a guild").

> > >

> > > Your problem is not that people are wanting 200 LI. Your problem is that you are unwilling to put in the time and effort to actually gain experience but instead want to leech off of other people carrying through the raid getting taken along for a ride on their work.

> >

> > "Leech" i WISH i could do this but i cant.

> >

> >

> > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > In that same room in your scenario you can open it, you can make a Group, you can lead a Raid, you have Those options you don’t have to rely on Joining another Players Group, you are free to do Raids, there are the possibilities of joining Raid training guilds(quite a few out there), Raiding Guilds that are willing to teahc(quite a few out there, Starting your own Guild to learn with others, on top of making you own LFM postings, or you can join LFM postings already up on the LFG quite a few don’t require Li. Etc

> > >

> > > Everyone has equal Access to Raids. Just because you don’t want to do any of those options or many others doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

> >

> > Have you ever seen that what you say? Someone opens A raid squad with 0 requierments and than killed a boss?

> >

> > "Join raid training guild" I have never seen one ingame. Never in flg Never in Map Chat and yes i look.

> > 200 Li to join a guild was the lowest i ever have seen.

> >

> > > @"Belorn.2659" said:

> > > Seems like an advertisement issue if you feel like there is no training guilds.

> > >

> > > Know one guild on Na that usually run training at 2am, 4am and 9:30 am (server time), spread out during the week.

> >

> > Im EU and like i said before , i have NEVER seen this legend what you call "training guilds".

> >

> >

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > So you picked the only door that is usless?

> > > The Complain in the forums instead of actually trying?

> > > Because, son, A LOT of guilds do raids and don't ask for Li.

> >

> > Where are the "LOt of guilds "? The lowest i have ever seen is 200 LI to join. (Eu)

> >

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > > @"Belorn.2659" said:

> > > > > Seems like an advertisement issue if you feel like there is no training guilds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Know one guild on Na that usually run training at 2am, 4am and 9:30 am (server time), spread out during the week.

> > > >

> > > > It is an "I am too lazy to google issue". Training guilds and communities are everywhere. If you just google "guild wars 2 raid training" the first 4 results have everything you need no matter where you are.

> > > >

> > > > Even the snowcrows have it on their page:

> > > >

> > > > https://snowcrows.com/newtoraids/

> > > >

> > > > But the OP and everyone else are either too lazy you do a simple google search or just want to pretend to be victims, thus they just ignore whatever exits that invalidates their complain.

> > > >

> > > > If you are new DO NOT PUG a raid. There is no need to go through that process if you cannot handle the few toxic groups and there is no need to lie about your experience. Just join a community. There are literally thousands of ppl like you there. It is that easy. No need for drama, poems or imaginary dialogs.

> > > >

> > > Is this helpful comments or hurtful comments?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > So i guess im right then that Raids are locked . If i have so go outside of the game to play it ..... Yep guess im right.

> >

>

> Have you checked the 'looking for guild' part of this forum? Pleanty of guilds that offer raiding without any other requirements than a will do do your best and to learn.

> If you want the most established training communities/guilds, they would have been an easy google search away but here you go:

> RTI - Raid Training Initiative: http://rti.enjin.com/

> The Crossroads Inn(this is a community and not a single guild): https://discord.gg/nZg52r3

>

>

Do not bother. These links have been posted in the thread mutliple times yet the OP ignored them. What he wants is to get into raids without doing even the slightest effort to organize and communicate with others in the community. It seems that for him if it is not in LFG it does not exist.

You have a ton of groups in LFG posting "Know mechanics" as their only requirements. Upon raid release there were plenty of "let's check it out" groups. That's how I've done w3 when it came out. We just went in and checked stuff out untill we killed it :)

Raid/pvp/pve/wvw locked means you have to play the content. Nothing more.

I’ve pugged a lot of the Raid content, it’s the only method that I can use to get the content done. Some people haven’t pugged a Raid as they have guild or a static group. When it comes to pugging it’s a lot of waiting, tons, hours even. Think I spent two hours looking a Raidyesterday. Today I started my own group and waited an hour or to try and fill the party didn’t happen. I feel like there needs to be more systems in place to assist in this issue.

> @"ladyosheep.3548" said:

> I was curious how many 200 LI groups were up currently...

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/uIoTJzX.jpg "")

>

Hey!

Tbh when I started pugging raids people were asking for 200LI already, now people are still asking for 200LI. Nothing has changed except now I've done the work myself too and I'm in. If you're going to be one of the elites, you need to have the attitude of an elite.

Raids were not designed to be puggable, and grouping up in pure LFGs is not the intended method of completing, let alone learning raids. The fact that they are eminently puggable only means that they are not nearly as difficult as the reputation suggests. However, it doesn't at all mean that it is the ideal way to engage the content. If you want to learn raids, it is advisable to join a guild that offers progression (or training), or join a discord community that exclusively focuses on raid training. There's the Raid Training Initiative for EU players, and the Raider's Inn for NA players. And I know there are others out there that exist too.

https://discord.gg/7jH3HAD: RTI

https://discord.gg/raQE5fZ: Raider's Inn

I feel like the in-game LFG tools for connecting players to groups beyond single instance events (specifically guild recruitment) is very lacking, and that's where accessibility issues should be focused on. Better ways to connect people with shared interests in how to complete content and treat one another. The actual content and it's design is mostly fine.

Raids were a mistake (and I have Legendary Armor + 200LI+), they should've sticked to making dungeons -> Less tedious to find groups, easier to make, more variety (Thief was meta back in the day), better stories, open for everyone, daily rewards. I know that elitism was a thing back then but there was no DPS check and it's way easier to gather 5 people than 10.

Nowadays I just log to get the weekly raid rewards and sometimes daily fractals but I'm in the process to stop playing and get back when the next LS Episode comes out.

> @"Amineo.8951" said:

> Raids were a mistake (and I have Legendary Armor + 200LI+), they should've sticked to making dungeons -> Less tedious to find groups, easier to make, more variety (Thief was meta back in the day), better stories, open for everyone, daily rewards. I know that elitism was a thing back then but there was no DPS check and it's way easier to gather 5 people than 10.

>

> Nowadays I just log to get the weekly raid rewards and sometimes daily fractals but I'm in the process to stop playing and get back when the next LS Episode comes out.

Why bother? And why still repeating your possession of Leggy Armor and 200 LI+? If you don't like raids don't play them. Raid rewards are bad compared to fracs and other stuff so I can't see any advantage to play them instead of other more rewarding content if you're there for being rewarded. Makes no sense at all.

> @"Amineo.8951" said:

> Raids were a mistake (and I have Legendary Armor + 200LI+), they should've sticked to making dungeons -> Less tedious to find groups, easier to make, more variety (Thief was meta back in the day), better stories, open for everyone, daily rewards. I know that elitism was a thing back then but there was no DPS check and it's way easier to gather 5 people than 10.

>

> Nowadays I just log to get the weekly raid rewards and sometimes daily fractals but I'm in the process to stop playing and get back when the next LS Episode comes out.

So why force yourself to play content you do not enjoy?

This seems more a you issue than an issue with raids. Also raids did not replace dungeons, fractals did.

The way I see it: raids, even if you do not enjoy them as you claim, are the only thing that make you stick with the game currently. As such they sort of fulfill their purpose wouldn't you say?

Join multiple guilds, with at least one of them has static raid group and ask them whether they have training night, if they do always join training night who knows they might invite you to their static if one of their member couldnt make it, at least that was my experiences, and now I got almost 200 LI.

no need to join guild focused on training because I think they will never have a static group and many other reasons.