[Feedback] Glacial Glider

Fundor.2098

Agreed!

I love the glider and I'm just trying to decide if I want just that or the outfit too (I don't think I want the bundle though, the extras aren't worth the extra cost IMO). But I also agree the glider would be perfect if it could be dyed. As it is I'm limited on the characters who can use it.

> @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> Love it as well, unfortunatly HoT's introduction of Gliders is so far in the past that I already have a glider Skin and won't be buying more, however Glacial Mount Skins? I'd buy those in a second! (At a reasonable price of course...)

The glider skins are still relevant but......I would pull out my c/c in a heartbeat for a glacial mount skin bundle.

> @"moonboi.1764" said:

> > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > Love it as well, unfortunatly HoT's introduction of Gliders is so far in the past that I already have a glider Skin and won't be buying more, however Glacial Mount Skins? I'd buy those in a second! (At a reasonable price of course...)

>

> The glider skins are still relevant but......I would pull out my c/c in a heartbeat for a glacial mount skin bundle.

That's more along the line of what I was hoping the Wintersday mounts would be, Glacial rather than super-Christmassy. I'd have purchased a Glacial mount bundle.

Undecided on the glider. I read elsewhere that the sound is more like cloth rather than tinkling ice. That puts me off a bit.

> @"Nikal.4921" said:

> > @"moonboi.1764" said:

> > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > Love it as well, unfortunatly HoT's introduction of Gliders is so far in the past that I already have a glider Skin and won't be buying more, however Glacial Mount Skins? I'd buy those in a second! (At a reasonable price of course...)

> >

> > The glider skins are still relevant but......I would pull out my c/c in a heartbeat for a glacial mount skin bundle.

> That's more along the line of what I was hoping the Wintersday mounts would be, Glacial rather than super-Christmassy. I'd have purchased a Glacial mount bundle.

>

> Undecided on the glider. I read elsewhere that the sound is more like cloth rather than tinkling ice. That puts me off a bit.

>

Really!? That sucks if it sounds like paper. I’m at work till later, so haven’t had a chance to check myself.

There's a Dulfy video of the glider, check the New Gemstore Items sticky above for the link.

I think my issue with the glider (based on that video) is the shape. I don't care for how it curls forward at the outer tips. If it curled back like skimmer fins, while retaining the icy crystal feel, it would appeal to me a lot more.

I'll have to preview in game tomorrow, and think hard about whether the glider or outfit suit any of my alts. I love the outfit's dyeable aura and the female version's horns (except on Charr, who get their own horns amputated to fit this thing on). But all the twiggy branches and the gaping chest make it look odd for regular wear, and the overall silhouette hasn't got anything to distinguish it from zillions of other skirted outfits. What catches my attention in outfits are unique designs, elegance, and reasonableness of wearing as regular clothes or armor.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> There's a Dulfy video of the glider, check the New Gemstore Items sticky above for the link.

>

> I think my issue with the glider (based on that video) is the shape. I don't care for how it curls forward at the outer tips. If it curled back like skimmer fins, while retaining the icy crystal feel, it would appeal to me a lot more.

>

> I'll have to preview in game tomorrow, and think hard about whether the glider or outfit suit any of my alts. I love the outfit's dyeable aura and the female version's horns (except on Charr, who get their own horns amputated to fit this thing on). But all the twiggy branches and the gaping chest make it look odd for regular wear, and the overall silhouette hasn't got anything to distinguish it from zillions of other skirted outfits. What catches my attention in outfits are unique designs, elegance, and reasonableness of wearing as regular clothes or armor.

I definitely wouldn't consider this regular clothes, but I think it works for fancy. What I call 'going out' clothes.

Remember the Party Politics story step in Season 2 (where you have to investigate the ministers at a party)? When it first came out loads of people on the forums complained their characters had nothing to wear for that party. The noble count outfit is what I'd wear to fit in there, and this is what I'd wear to show up everyone else at the party.

Similarly I think it works for meeting the Pale Tree the first time (especially since the branches make it look a bit like sylvari cultural attire) or any other dignitary/racial leader (except the charr leadership) and the various parties that occur during the story. Or simply if you want to look Very Important and fancy and a little bit like a dangerous sorcerer.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> When I see the glider, I see the bones of a skinned Skimmer's flaps that still gives off it's mistic aura when it hovers around... now used as a glider.

> Poor poor Skimmer.

Omfg. I just had the mental image of that. I absolutely can not buy that glider now. #Skimmerslivesmatter.

P.S. the hashtag is satire, no need for anyone to get their panties in a bunch.

> @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> Love it as well, unfortunatly HoT's introduction of Gliders is so far in the past that I already have a glider Skin and won't be buying more, however Glacial Mount Skins? I'd buy those in a second! (At a reasonable price of course...)

Same. [Wtb] Non-holiday Glacial Mount Skin Pack, please. Aaand more cold / snow / ice themed items like that great new weapon skin set in general.

Btw, still hoping for a back item skin harmonizing with them.