WvW Mirage build

Winegum.2395

Check again. There are two mirage damage builds (condi and power), plus you can literally take any chrono build and replace chrono with mirage, just fill in skill/weapon slots with mirage stuff. Random mirage traiting even without any mirage skills or weapons is simple - mid all the way.

I prefer power - condi mesmer is just a noob filter. You cant really nuke someone like a necro, it's way to obvious. Anyone with a tenth of a brain and some condi cleanse wont have much problem with it (that's why viper is strong, you dont only rely on condi... well "strong" relativly speaking, you're a glass cannon). When I've faced condi only mesmers on my power mesmer, their condis are like light slaps while I knock them down below 50% hp and have them on the run in a couple of seconds. I honestly find playing condi mesmer dreadfully boring.

Of course if you don't want to go binary power/condi, you can always go hybrid.

I solo roam on a grieving/cele duel/chaos/mirage with staff + axe/torch and it's a beast. 1v1 I've encountered very few difficulties in general, and also good solo while outnumbered. Only one stealth as well (and desperate decoy), but I find I don't need stealth as I use a lot of reflect together with evade and mobility. Just know the limitations - ie don't try to juke with a big blob like a SA thief or something... Got to pick and choose fights.

My favourite combo is full clone axe 3 into F1 (with might and vigour), followed up by axe 2. Axe is amazing at pressuring opponents such that you don't need to trait shatters for condi. Also axe 3 crits like 4k for me, then the confusion stacks with boosted condi damage from the boons, and F1 crits pretty hard too. And traited axe 3 is on 8s cooldown - with detarget and evade it's fantastic.

What I love about hybrid is there aren't any real hardcounters. You don't have to play around Resistance, you don't have to worry about protection and other damage reduction - everything flows more freely in hybrid and while you won't be 100-0ing or be able to do massive condi ticks, you've got the stats and tools to handle pretty much any situation.

Hybrid is also fun because you get the satisfaction of some direct burst/crit, as well as having sustained damage to melt at tougher opponents. I feel mirage really shines in hybrid, especially with extra stat boosts through vigour (easy to maintain) and might (also easy to get a good number of stacks through food, BountifulD and staff ambush).

Full build is in signature. I'm posting from a phone so it's tough to type a lot of details.

• 5 months later...

> @"Umire.4596" said:

> Can I get a peak at that build ?

Bear in mind that post was before the change of confusion in february, and removal of it from axe ambush and staff ambush as well as removal of vuln from staff aa which reduced the amount of condition variety (staff had bleed/burn/vuln on aa and confusion/torment on ambush), and also before the nerf to Elusive Mind. When I made that post it was also using Signet of Inspiration for run speed, but now requires a backup dodge/stunbreak in StG due to EM nerf.

So what I'm trying to say is don't take what I've written in that post at face value because a lot has changed since December - it's significantly more vulnerable and less impactful than before (which is a good thing tbh because it was far too powerful in terms of survivability/escape - whereas now I die more often if overextending), with those nerfs, and I'm not entirely happy with some things at the moment - so ymmv. You will notice lack of innate movement speed if copy pasting so I'd recommend instead testing other things like traveler runes, focus swap from inventory etc.