Match Quality

Ithilwen.1529

The quality of matches is simply unacceptable. Why should I be cannon fodder so top players won't cry about waiting an extra minute or two to get a match? Respect would mean fair matches. **I feel I'm just being used.. a disposable resource to please "high end" players**....

5.28 years later.. many games on two accounts... I've put in the effort, yet I still get days of games like this: ![](https://www.dropbox.com/s/p453ibhl530ffs3/gw023.jpg?dl=0 "" "")

That's all unranked tho.... The whole point of unranked is to let everyone to play a quick game with nothing on the line. You make it matter more than it actually does. So what if you lose? Maybe direct all this anger to ranked if you're getting matched with good players all the time and even if that was the case it's more of a population problem if anything.

> @"Darknicrofia.2604" said:

> i is base mesmer, hear me roar

It boils down to respect, respect for the game, respect for the customers.

**Yes, I play a core Mesmer. That really shouldn't be a problem, assuming a well balanced game.** I chose core because in my opinion.. some of the things promised about the two elite specs have not been fulfilled.

Precisely why is it that ANET seems to allow outside websites to dictate what is acceptable and "meta" anyway?

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > @"Darknicrofia.2604" said:

> > i is base mesmer, hear me roar

>

> It boils down to respect, respect for the game, respect for the customers.

>

> **Yes, I play a core Mesmer. That really shouldn't be a problem, assuming a well balanced game.** I chose core because in my opinion.. some of the things promised about the two elite specs were not fulfilled.

>

> Precisely why is it that ANET allows outside websites to dictate what is acceptable and "meta" anyway?

>

>

Outside websites do not dictate what is acceptable or meta. They simply report what the game dictates is acceptable or meta. If you gimp your team by playing core mesmer, then that is partly Anet's fault for lack of balance and partly your fault for not caring how it effects your team.

> @"Shaogin.2679" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > @"Darknicrofia.2604" said:

> > > i is base mesmer, hear me roar

> >

> > It boils down to respect, respect for the game, respect for the customers.

> >

> > **Yes, I play a core Mesmer. That really shouldn't be a problem, assuming a well balanced game.** I chose core because in my opinion.. some of the things promised about the two elite specs were not fulfilled.

> >

> > Precisely why is it that ANET allows outside websites to dictate what is acceptable and "meta" anyway?

> >

> >

>

> Outside websites do not dictate what is acceptable or meta. They simply report what the game dictates is acceptable or meta. If you kitten your team by playing core mesmer, then that is partly Anet's fault for lack of balance and partly your fault for not caring how it effects your team.

Your statement is predicated on the idea that core specs are useless in PvP. I don't agree. With respect to causation: I think the outside sites have a lot more influence than you are admitting.

Further, I won't play a spec that I feel was not presented or dealt with well. If someone says, "I'm going to to x and not do y," that is what I expect to happen. I don't play the Mesmer elites on principle,( in PvP. I do occasionally run a chrono in dungeons. )

*Let's just entertain the idea for a moment that playing core specs is indeed sabotage in PvP.*

**If that is the case, then the game is P2W. Any prestige or skill attached to a P2W game is dubious at best.** Star Trek Online ( STO ) and other games have learned this to there cost. A recent game release from another company was obviously P2W and drew a firestorm of criticism and lawsuits.

I sincerely hope this game does not slide fully into P2W.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > @"Shaogin.2679" said:

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > @"Darknicrofia.2604" said:

> > > > i is base mesmer, hear me roar

> > >

> > > It boils down to respect, respect for the game, respect for the customers.

> > >

> > > **Yes, I play a core Mesmer. That really shouldn't be a problem, assuming a well balanced game.** I chose core because in my opinion.. some of the things promised about the two elite specs were not fulfilled.

> > >

> > > Precisely why is it that ANET allows outside websites to dictate what is acceptable and "meta" anyway?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Outside websites do not dictate what is acceptable or meta. They simply report what the game dictates is acceptable or meta. If you kitten your team by playing core mesmer, then that is partly Anet's fault for lack of balance and partly your fault for not caring how it effects your team.

>

> Your statement is predicated on the idea that core specs are useless in PvP. I don't agree. With respect to causation: I think the outside sites have a lot more influence than you are admitting.

>

> Further, I won't play a spec that I feel was not presented or dealt with well. If someone says, "I'm going to to x and not do y," that is what I expect to happen. I don't play the Mesmer elites on principle.

>

> *Let's just entertain the idea for a moment that playing core specs is indeed sabotage in PvP.*

>

> **If that is the case, then the game is P2W. Any prestige or skill attached to a P2W game is dubious at best.** Star Trek Online ( STO ) and other games have learned this to there cost. A recent game release from another company was obviously P2W and drew a firestorm of criticism and lawsuits.

>

> I sincerely hope this game does not slide fully into P2W.

>

>

The game is borderline P2W if you consider the power difference between core and elite specs, but not quite there. Some core specs can still perform well, such as Guardian. Others however, are a huge detriment to the team since they have been outclased severely by their Elite Specs, such as Necro. For the most part, unless you have the skill to compensate, core specs are useless in PvP.

Also, outside sites do not create the meta, they simply report what people have tried and tested and is working best. The game's balance and mechanics dictate what can and can not be meta. Don't blame the reporters for reporting the facts.

You should be in ranked for competitive matches, unranked is what newbyes and people experimenting with new builds use, it allows for full teams of friends playing, which will give them superior coordination, and it uses a looser matchmaking system. If you're concerned about people talking, press y and set yourself to offline, you can't be whispered then, you can also filter out team chat if you want.

i know this might be sort of mean or possibly cruel... but what if the truth is you just aren't very good and probably never will be? And yes i know what you will say... the game should be able to find people that are similar skill level as you. But even in those low skilled games you still have to have a winner and a loser. And from i can tell in the lower skilled games a lot of them are not close games. At med and high skill levels the scores are closer because the game is typically more stable (less people doing out of ordinary or downright idiotic things). Its those lower skilled games where one team ends up just feeding the other by rotating into a point they probably shouldn't have then you have a snowball effect in a game where all the players are very similar in skill rating... the final score will not be an accurate representation of either teams skill level.