what a joke

gashen.3874

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> I guess one of you wasn't a LB ranger with Sic'em? Mesmer would have melted faster than you can blink. But hey, why bring LB rangers to the party when they have nothing to offer right??? Especially against those pesky boon corrupting scourges. Not many of those around these days so definitely no need for LB rangers...

Agree nothing like pew pewing those pesky scourges and see how they run . Best counter to them as far as I am concerned . But hey what would I know the majority of people hate them because they get pew pew. A class to counter a scourge should never be in WvW .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"gashen.3874" said:

> myself and about 20 others have just spent 10 minutes chasing a Mesmer around in the eternal battlegrounds,a complete joke. nobody could get anywhere near him or her.

> this really needs looking at and a bit of balancing is in order. I,m afraid wvw is a bit of a joke and needs a complete overhaul or scapping altogether.

Hmm 30 secs mebbe but 10 minutes why would you even bother , Sic em Rex

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > I agree. The idea that 20 people would waste their time chasing one character rather than actually contributing to their server's score is pretty much a joke.

> > > > >

> > > > > On the flip side, kudos to the mesmer who effectively singlehandedly removed 20 opposing players from the playing field.

> > > >

> > > > WvW when it comes to "winning" the PPT is competitively a joke and poorly designed in regard to tedious gameplay that is contrary to a mass scale PvP mode, hence there is no reason to care about the score beyond the effect it has on which servers you might get next matchup. (which often means it is actually preferable to tank your score)

> > >

> > > The best reason to care about results in any form of competitive game is simple the desire to compete.

> >

> > Whoosh... The game isn't competitive...

>

> Every game is competitive if you want it to be. Competitiveness is in how you play, not what you play.

>

LOL, there is a reason certain games are known or described as 'competitive' and others are not, WvW is not one of those games, a gamemode with three sides is inherently flawed as a competitive game, which is why sports, competitive games, etc have 1v1, not the joke that is 1v1v1.

Then on top of that you have a game where it is not uncommon for one (or even two) teams to have basically gone to bed (or be at work/school), leaving the other team to basically score at will, guess what that is not competitive.

Hence why many players could not care less about PPT, because "winning" is meaningless when the game mode is a joke as a competition (that much of the gameplay to PPT is often considered boring as hell, is just the cherry on top of that). Now if you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend that it is competitive when you play, that is your choice, but it doesn't alter the reality of the situation.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"gashen.3874" said:

> > myself and about 20 others have just spent 10 minutes chasing a Mesmer around in the eternal battlegrounds,a complete joke. nobody could get anywhere near him or her.

> > this really needs looking at and a bit of balancing is in order. I,m afraid wvw is a bit of a joke and needs a complete overhaul or scapping altogether.

>

> That thief you kicked from the squad because thieves just take up space without being useful, right? could have easily caught and killed that mesmer.

>

> But to be honest, I don't see the point in any WvW activity besides doing dailies for the Gift of Battle. It's cute how some people there care about a camp being captured. On the plus side, there are lots of other players who don't give a kitty about WvW. Yesterday I killed a veteran creature together with 2 "enemy" players. We killed it for the daily and moved on. When a group catches me from doing my daily camp capture, I just move to another map and take some other camp. You are a niche, so yeah, WvW is a joke, In agree.

There are really big guilds who know each other and usually people who dedicate their time to WvW know some of the guilds depending on their server. There's really a silent rivalry between guilds that is mostly present on teamspeak or discord. For example, we all know that [qq] is a commander sniping guild and we stomp on that guild since they have no idea how to play if they don't have a big one in front of them protecting their weak arses... I'm getting too personal xD

We still love those fuckers, but we also hate them :)

That is mostly the point of WvW, also there are some amazing group strategies that could be enjoyed on a guild group or a good pugmander.