Forced Homeworld Transfer?

Hey folks.

I have a friend that I regularly play WvW with. When he started playing the game he choose Vabbi as home world and as my homeworld was full at the time (and Vabbi was not) I moved there with him for the purpose of enjoying WvW together. We been playing for almost a month now, no issues at all - but yesterday something weird happened.

During the morning we were enjoying WvW as usual but later the same evening we noticed that the name of the Borderlands differed. I urged him to check the World Server list and as I feared, he was now a citizen of another world (not guesting, but actually transfered) - in this case Underworld. The thing is, I have absolutely no idea what might have happened.

He has not changed home world by himself but seem to just have been randomly transfered (he has not even opened the World Selection list since he started playing the game!).

While he wrote a ticket (and he is still waiting for a response, Christmas times and all that) I tried to do some searching to see what on earth may have happened. Thing is, I could find absolutely nobody with the same issue nor could I find any information of Anet randomly moving people's homeworld.

I have never heard nor experienced anything similar to this in GW2. Has anyone else?

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Dezember.1295" said:

> > When he started playing the game he choose Vabbi as home world

>

> Are you sure? Underworld and Vabbi were linked together up until today. It sounds like he was actually on Underworld from the start.

I am absolutely positive since he bought his account while at my place and I literally watched the entire process of him choosing his homeworld. But if Vabbi and Underworld were re-merged to different worlds today then that definitely has something to do with it. Worst case scenario I'll just pack my bags and move there as well.

> @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> The only thing that i can imagine has happened, was your friend was on the linked server to Vabbi (There was a re-linking at reset last night) so new server got linked to other servers and your friend is now linked to a new server.

I see. This is all really weird. I guess we're just gonna wait for a ticket response and see what's going on.

> @"TechAssist.4635" said:

> Random Server Transfers don't occur a GM would have have done it, your account would have had to been compromised by a hacker and they performed the transfer, or you moved or were originally on the server your on now.

Well, thanks for your reply. But I already knew that this does / should not occur - because I have NEVER heard of it before nor could I find any information regarding it. As I already stated, I literally watched the entire process of him choosing his homeworld - I can confirm that he did indeed choose Vabbi. It is very unlikely that he was hacked since we played almost the entire day when the transfer or whatever took place and I don't really see why a GM would randomly move him around just like that.

We're still waiting for a reply (christmas times n all that).

The very reason I made this post was because I can't really figure out what might have happened and wanted to see if anyone in the community had experienced something similar or could explain what happened.

> @"Dezember.1295" said:

> As I already stated, I literally watched the entire process of him choosing his homeworld - I can confirm that he did indeed choose Vabbi.

Did you actually confirm it on the character select screen though? Vabbi and Underworld are right next to each other when sorted alphabetically.

If they started as a free account and later upgraded, they may have used the free transfer it comes with. Accidentally transferring when intending to guest is another common cause. Getting hacked, transferred by support, or being the first to find a bug in their WvW links are the unlikely alternatives.

If they're not a free account, they could always transfer for free by deleting all of their characters.

> @"Dezember.1295" said:

> It is very unlikely that he was hacked since we played almost the entire day when the transfer or whatever took place and I don't really see why a GM would randomly move him around just like that.

Vabbi and Underworld were on the same WvW team for the last 2 months, up until the date you first posted. You probably wouldn't have noticed if they were transferred between those two servers during that time.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > As I already stated, I literally watched the entire process of him choosing his homeworld - I can confirm that he did indeed choose Vabbi.

>

> Did you actually confirm it on the character select screen though? Vabbi and Underworld are right next to each other when sorted alphabetically.

>

> If they started as a free account and later upgraded, they may have used the free transfer it comes with. Accidentally transferring when intending to guest is another common cause. Getting hacked, transferred by support, or being the first to find a bug in their WvW links are the unlikely alternatives.

>

> If they're not a free account, they could always transfer for free by deleting all of their characters.

>

> > It is very unlikely that he was hacked since we played almost the entire day when the transfer or whatever took place and I don't really see why a GM would randomly move him around just like that.

>

> Vabbi and Underworld were on the same WvW team for the last 2 months, up until the date you first posted. You probably wouldn't have noticed if they were transferred between those two servers during that time.

>

Yes. I did confirm it on the character screen. I literally double checked afterwards to make sure I moved to the right world myself since I was on another world before he started playing. His account did not start off as a free account. He made a character on my account while visiting, decided that he liked it and bought the game for himself without trying the free account feature. I also thought that he might have accidently moved when just browsing the World Server list, but he claims he never even opened world selection after selecting his server for the first time.

Also, I am not going to have him deleting all of his characters just to move (he cant even move to Vabbi right now as it is full), but worst case scenario I'll move down to Underworld instead.

I appreciate all of your replies, but seems like this incident was just as weird as I thought it was. We'll just see if any GM can help us and if not... Then I am just gonna pack my bags and move again. Thanks folks!