I understand now...why Core players were upset with HoT.

Taltevus.3289

I think there's a strong ratio of viable builds across all 3 versions and it's an impossible task to have everything equally meta, that's why it's called a meta. A couple adjustments to some builds like mirage and FB and it's pretty much as good as you will get it. If you look @ PVE there's plenty of non-pof builds that are meta as well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with new specs in a new expac they usually release specs that are counters to the old meta, so if you think about it if HoT was rock, and PoF is paper, the next expac with be scissors. It'll probably come full circle in effectiveness once all is said and done. But yeah, main point is that new stuff will usually counter the old stuff.

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > @"jul.7602" said:

> > > @"Aplethoraof.2643" said:

> > > Core specs still work well, even now.

> >

> > > Herald is still fine.

> > Whole post is now discredited

> >

> >

> >

>

> There is a lot more in that post that discredits it, like core thief being one of the 2 non viable core specs.

I’d say core thief is one of the best core specs. Core power sword dagger is an amazing spec and super fun. I prefer it over dp daredevil any day.

On top of that deadeye is trash compared to both of those.

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > Ooo? Buff Chrono?

> > Noooooo, smack Mirage down!

>

> Pls no more power creep...

>

> And the only reason some core builds are viable is because of more power creep.

>

> S/d core thief = double steal

> Core warrior = might makes right

> Core hammer radiance guardian = all the traits that add stat modifiers to retaliation to the point that these guys can take Valkyrie

>

> These builds would have been ludicrous in vanilla and maybe even in post chronobunker/viper rev HoT. This game has gone to hell

might makes right (after the nerf) is definitly not the reason core war is viable and honestly i see so very few of them and they break down so fast vs any kind of condi pressure i would not really call core war viable in pvp right now

> @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > Ooo? Buff Chrono?

> > > Noooooo, smack Mirage down!

> >

> > Pls no more power creep...

> >

> > And the only reason some core builds are viable is because of more power creep.

> >

> > S/d core thief = double steal

> > Core warrior = might makes right

> > Core hammer radiance guardian = all the traits that add stat modifiers to retaliation to the point that these guys can take Valkyrie

> >

> > These builds would have been ludicrous in vanilla and maybe even in post chronobunker/viper rev HoT. This game has gone to hell

>

> might makes right (after the nerf) is definitly not the reason core war is viable and honestly i see so very few of them and they break down so fast vs any kind of condi pressure i would not really call core war viable in pvp right now

Core warrior is more viable than any revenant build \o/