Why is there no balance patch ?

aelska.4609

You guys just don't seem to get it. The game is most likely badly coded, coding on it might very well be very inflexible. I'm sure it's a clusterfuck of a code based on a very old modified engine. If you change a couple of parameters, type a couple of commands or modify the slithest bit of code, you risk affecting or breaking 20 different things. Due to that, all changes, however small thay might be, need some heavy testing. More testing means more time, more resources and more money. That's the reason of this huge balance cadence. It's not going to change unless they make a heavier investment. Now they have to develop new PvE content regularly, get it ready on time, thoroughly tested. You should get it by now. If not, watch the examples. Changes usually consist mostly on amulet changes/additions or stuff like minimal changes with maximun potential impact (Full Counter CD increase). You shouldn't expect drastic overhauls on skills, traits and whatnot. Be realistic with suggestions and feedback.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > The balances n bug fixes for classes only happen every 2-4 months....we had one already this month. Dont expect another till February at least...its been like this since day 1, 5 years ago. Reconize anet for what theyve been doing and how they been doing it and expect disappointment and lack of attention to the pvp community.

> >

> > The devs said that last balance patch was off cycle and it is not going to interrupt the quarterly patches. It is certain that we will have a patch before next sPvP season starts. How big will it be, that is a different question.

>

> Whens the next one scheduled? Early February late January? Ha. Anyway there big condi changed didnt really change condi and there effectiveness, they still hit just as hard if not harder then befor. so if this last update was considered a big change to condi by tje devs then what hope is there that any future balance patch will be effective as anyone hopes?

I guess it will be second or third week in Jan. I agree that last patch (2 patches actually) did not change much, except fixing SB somewhat. Will the next patch fix much? It is safe to say probably not.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > > > > > The current people that are responsible for balancing PvP are not doing a good job of it. We need balance balances more often & we need them to be good. There needs to be a survey conducted or something. It doesn't make sense to me how we have a game with great mechanics but poor handling/delivery. They say time and time again that the balance team =/= the pvp team. It makes no sense to me!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you are talking about a community survey then I think it would be a trash statistic to base balance on. People are much to biased whether they think they are or not. There would be too many people answering the survey based on emotion rather than actual thoughtful balance approach. People say devs are “clueless” only because they do something that they don’t agree with. I could say people whose balance opinions are different than mine are clueless as well. Doesn’t make me correct.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also, I don’t think people should judge frequency of balance patches without actually understanding what sort of effort that entails, the available resources, and the other demands on those resources. I’m sure the people at Anet have busy schedules. It would not be fair for me to judge them for not getting something done on my time table if I don’t actually know what all they have going on.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If people want more balance patches then Anet likely needs more resources. More resources costs more money. Those costs need to come from a revenue source. If players aren’t providing enough revenue then those resources will not be acquired. That’s just the way it works.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I would like more fequent balance patches too, but I understand how busy a work schedule can get.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How do you know how busy they are if they never communicate anything? Someone could argue the complete opposite of what you just said and it would still be worth nothing. You're assuming things.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I said I don’t know how busy they are. The fact that work requires resources is not an assumption. All work requires resources. People on these forums always seem to assume devs do nothing and have all the time in the world to fix everything that players demand right now. The fact is I don’t know what they do so I don’t assume they have all the time in the world. Others shouldn’t either. But the forums are run by emotion so most of what is posted is not rational anyway.

> > > > >

> > > > > When something is blantantly overpowered, they can release hotfixes within 6 hours...

> > > > >

> > > > > Yet we go 4 months at a time with small cooldown changes to show for it. Obviously, they can push out patches quickly. They just don't.

> > > >

> > > > Do you work for Anet on the development team? If not then how can you say it’s obvious. They can if they have the resources and deem it to be the best use of them. It’s not like the game requires any other work besides balance patches.

> > >

> > > You _obviously_ didn't read what I said.

> > >

> > > To give you an example, when ranger's shout heal received a boon sharing buff, outcry from the community caused Anet to slam the nerf hammer on it within _hours_. They can make these changes extremely quickly when they need to. There's no reason why it should take MONTHS to actually see anything change in the game... especially when PvP and WvW are in their current states.

> > >

> > > I'm not sure if you PvP at all, but do you realize how many people actually quit? There's so little competition that the leaderboard is filled with garbage tier players. Even in the top 30 there are people no one has even heard of before. You'd think that there would be a sense of urgency to try to mend the situation. But nope. We'll still have to wait months and months for things that are completely broken to get buffed some more while things that are drastically in need of buffs are nerfed some more.

> > >

> > > Anet doesn't even host PvP tournaments to encourage competition. They removed the option to play with friends. You literally can't even play with a team and the only incentive to make one is for the daily AT's and monthly (which no one really cares about anyways). The ATs and monthly are just free gold for good players.

> > >

> > > Not to mention that WvW has been virtually ignored since release. It has been the EXACT same for years. The WvW population, back when it was healthy, had practically begged for GvG to be supported, yet Anet didn't even acknowledge them. Now that WvW has died off, there are no more WvW tournaments either, half the servers have been closed and merged due to population loss.

> > >

> > > The game is a mess. But hey, at least we get more outfits on the gemstore and raids. 8)

> >

> > They apparently deemed it worth the resources. That’s the thing. They will put resources into whatever will make the most money. You can’t expect them not to. Apparently they make more money off of gem store items and raids than balancing pvp. It honestly makes sense. It’s not like it’s a subscription based game that they get monthly revenue off of. If a pvp player quits because they are unhappy with balance it’s not like they are losing money off of them. If they put a bunch of resources towards balance and the player doesn’t quit it’s not like they are really making money off of it either.

> >

> > Gem store items make them money. So they put resources towards. I’m not saying that’s how it should be. I mainly do pvp on this game and others I have played. I am disappointed with the balance. I wish things would get fixed faster. I have left other games because of stuff like that. But they aren’t missing me. I can’t expect a business to not act like a business.

>

> Yeah I understand. It's so annoying though. They literally just ignored and killed off 2/3 of their gamemodes.

Oh I totally agree it’s annoying. Like I said I have quit other games because of it. I guess the sad thing is there are enough players that enjoy gem store items and instant gratification that has caused the shift. Instead of players that like a challenge, working towards something, and fair play.