Beware: Deadeye is going to be a one trick pony.

Tarinis.6054

> @omgdracula.6345 said:

> > @Rethrisse.3507 said:

> > What about the Malice mechanic? That's going to be a great boost for your melee set too.

>

> Sacrificing steal as well as losing out on a third dodge is too much to give up for a little bit of extra damage. Malice just won't synergize well with the melee sets.

Mark/Malice will Synergize with S/X most specifically Power S/D since that weapon set allows for more prolonged pressure and with its ability to juke/kite and Evade they will be able to build Malice without too many issues.

> @Tarinis.6054 said:

> I've seen it before in other games, and its going to happen here. Deadeye does one thing. Damage at range. That is their sole purpose, and without damage will be useless. No buffs, no aoe, nothing. If the numbers get adjusted in any sort of nerfs, the entire spec is going to be far from entertaning or effective. What worries me, is having good damage, at range, with a few stealth abilities at our disposal is not going to sit well with the community or devs.

>

> I do not want to turn anyone off to the class, but play at your own risk.

Rifle is a one trick pony, but Deadeye is far from it. It works well with P/P and D/D...especially D/D. Shadow Meld is golden.

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > @Asur.9178 said:

> > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > Who cares, as long as it is fun.

> >

> > People who PvP or does hardcore PvE contents, and want to change things up a bit now and then, care...that's who cares.

>

> Sooo no one that concerns me.

This mentality is the sole reason there is no longer a competitive sPvP scene and why the format is dead.

Most of what's come out is anti-fun for opponents which is arguably more important than anything else.

The sniper concept is an OTP and a lot of the DE is gimmicky but it will have value due to sheer damage access for its melee kits alone. Rifle won't likely be used as a primary by anyone good or anyone in PvE. Daredevil will be replaced as a traitline for DPS, and that's about all.

DrD will likely still be substantially better for PvP/small-scale WvW aside from permastealth-camping gank groups who want free kills.

Either way, there's going to be a lot of criticism. Most of the delivery on the class mechanic and the rifle itself is really anti-fun for either the DE by simply being boring, or the opponents against it by simply being cheesy.

> @DeceiverX.8361 said:

> > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > @Asur.9178 said:

> > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > Who cares, as long as it is fun.

> > >

> > > People who PvP or does hardcore PvE contents, and want to change things up a bit now and then, care...that's who cares.

> >

> > Sooo no one that concerns me.

>

> This mentality is the sole reason there is no longer a competitive sPvP scene and why the format is dead.

> Most of what's come out is anti-fun for opponents which is arguably more important than anything else.

>

> The sniper concept is an OTP and a lot of the DE is gimmicky but it will have value due to sheer damage access for its melee kits alone. Rifle won't likely be used as a primary by anyone good or anyone in PvE. Daredevil will be replaced as a traitline for DPS, and that's about all.

>

> DrD will likely still be substantially better for PvP/small-scale WvW aside from permastealth-camping gank groups who want free kills.

>

> Either way, there's going to be a lot of criticism. Most of the delivery on the class mechanic and the rifle itself is really anti-fun for either the DE by simply being boring, or the opponents against it by simply being cheesy.

Actually, the lack of a competitive scene is more or less due to how the game is marketed. If it was marketed to be a very competitive game. It'd be a different story. Dota and LoL are marketed to be competitive, and that's how they are seen. Overwatch is marketed to be competitive, and that's what it became.

The reason why I say "no one that concerns me" is because these types of people do not want to put the effort into something themselves before saying something is good or bad. They'd rather give some-else a half-developed picture of a fish and expect it cooked.

> > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > @Kreed.2768 said:

> > > > @LazerusKI.7485 said:

> > > > Sure he has a very long range (is there actually something with 1500 other than deadeye?)

> > >

> > > Only longbow on ranger and mortar kit on engineer, I believe.

> >

> > Kill Shot, too.

>

> However with Longbow and Ranger, the closer someone gets to you, the less damage you deal. Thief's deadeye won't have that issue when using rifle.

I really wish they'd get rid of that part. Or give Rangers a melee range power DPS weapon that I actually like.

> > @DeceiverX.8361 said:

> > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > @Asur.9178 said:

> > > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > Who cares, as long as it is fun.

> > > >

> > > > People who PvP or does hardcore PvE contents, and want to change things up a bit now and then, care...that's who cares.

> > >

> > > Sooo no one that concerns me.

> >

> > This mentality is the sole reason there is no longer a competitive sPvP scene and why the format is dead.

> > Most of what's come out is anti-fun for opponents which is arguably more important than anything else.

> >

> > The sniper concept is an OTP and a lot of the DE is gimmicky but it will have value due to sheer damage access for its melee kits alone. Rifle won't likely be used as a primary by anyone good or anyone in PvE. Daredevil will be replaced as a traitline for DPS, and that's about all.

> >

> > DrD will likely still be substantially better for PvP/small-scale WvW aside from permastealth-camping gank groups who want free kills.

> >

> > Either way, there's going to be a lot of criticism. Most of the delivery on the class mechanic and the rifle itself is really anti-fun for either the DE by simply being boring, or the opponents against it by simply being cheesy.

>

> Actually, the lack of a competitive scene is more or less due to how the game is marketed. If it was marketed to be a very competitive game. It'd be a different story. Dota and LoL are marketed to be competitive, and that's how they are seen. Overwatch is marketed to be competitive, and that's what it became.

>

> The reason why I say "no one that concerns me" is because these types of people do not want to put the effort into something themselves before saying something is good or bad. They'd rather give some-else a half-developed picture of a fish and expect it cooked.

Every single competitive player in the later stages of the PvP scene before it was abandoned by ESL for not being a good enough platform to be competitive outright stated the existing profession design/balance state via gimmicks and poor tells were negatively impacting the competitive nature of GW2.

GW2 had a lot of competitive support leading until about near HoT. The problems were not so much marketing but that the game simply couldn't be marketable. The game's reputation of being poorly-balanced with bad support for spectation/shoutcasting made every major team turn away, and because there was a lack of good content to advertise for competitive gaming and no solutions on the horizon, ANet wasn't going to make ad s catered to competitive PvP if the experience was rated poorly. Teams scope out games before committing resources to them, and it was obvious ANet was not supporting the competitive formats as it needed to given the horrendous, un-fun game-state. Several-hundred-thousand dollar prize pools for tournament wins are a very large amount of money in terms of raw cup rewards to the point where even now that's competitive with a lot of big name games. Most of the money in e-sports is sponsorship money for other companies's marketing, so you can't really make that argument.

A game not designed around being balanced and relatively gimmick-free is not going to gain competitive traction, even if it gains players.

> @DeceiverX.8361 said:

> > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > @DeceiverX.8361 said:

> > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > @Asur.9178 said:

> > > > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > > Who cares, as long as it is fun.

> > > > >

> > > > > People who PvP or does hardcore PvE contents, and want to change things up a bit now and then, care...that's who cares.

> > > >

> > > > Sooo no one that concerns me.

> > >

> > > This mentality is the sole reason there is no longer a competitive sPvP scene and why the format is dead.

> > > Most of what's come out is anti-fun for opponents which is arguably more important than anything else.

> > >

> > > The sniper concept is an OTP and a lot of the DE is gimmicky but it will have value due to sheer damage access for its melee kits alone. Rifle won't likely be used as a primary by anyone good or anyone in PvE. Daredevil will be replaced as a traitline for DPS, and that's about all.

> > >

> > > DrD will likely still be substantially better for PvP/small-scale WvW aside from permastealth-camping gank groups who want free kills.

> > >

> > > Either way, there's going to be a lot of criticism. Most of the delivery on the class mechanic and the rifle itself is really anti-fun for either the DE by simply being boring, or the opponents against it by simply being cheesy.

> >

> > Actually, the lack of a competitive scene is more or less due to how the game is marketed. If it was marketed to be a very competitive game. It'd be a different story. Dota and LoL are marketed to be competitive, and that's how they are seen. Overwatch is marketed to be competitive, and that's what it became.

> >

> > The reason why I say "no one that concerns me" is because these types of people do not want to put the effort into something themselves before saying something is good or bad. They'd rather give some-else a half-developed picture of a fish and expect it cooked.

>

> Every single competitive player in the later stages of the PvP scene before it was abandoned by ESL for not being a good enough platform to be competitive outright stated the existing profession design/balance state via gimmicks and poor tells were negatively impacting the competitive nature of GW2.

>

> GW2 had a lot of competitive support leading until about near HoT. The problems were not so much marketing but that the game simply couldn't be marketable. The game's reputation of being poorly-balanced with bad support for spectation/shoutcasting made every major team turn away, and because there was a lack of good content to advertise for competitive gaming and no solutions on the horizon, ANet wasn't going to make ad s catered to competitive PvP if the experience was rated poorly. Teams scope out games before committing resources to them, and it was obvious ANet was not supporting the competitive formats as it needed to given the horrendous, un-fun game-state. Several-hundred-thousand dollar prize pools for tournament wins are a very large amount of money in terms of raw cup rewards to the point where even now that's competitive with a lot of big name games. Most of the money in e-sports is sponsorship money for other companies's marketing, so you can't really make that argument.

>

> A game not designed around being balanced and relatively gimmick-free is not going to gain competitive traction, even if it gains players.

Sadly Guild Wars 2 is not designed with balance in mind. Balance of classes, reworking necessary things or just fixing bugs never was and never will be a priority of Anet.

If in arenas we had no monk in gw1 and carried self heals even a good one like etherfeast a war/assassin or standard assassin woulda seemed op however since we had monks we kinda just ignored those games and passed them off as not having a monk when we lost them.

This game made me realize how much a healer does for what we want as balance... rift made me realize this to a lesser extent rift also made me see how important arenas was so that was nothing new and expected for gw2. After gw1 I just kinda expected a game like rift to release arenas as default pvp but here we are!

P/d build hyrbrid is going to be very solid with DE build and will do better with DE than with DrD. The AA damage of P/X is often critiqued but what many do not realize is that the damage from sneak attack from a power perspective is more then just a little competitive.

The entire SA line is enhanced by the DE spec. While stealthed one can regain health at a high rate even as less damage taken, force trget drop on enemies and relocate rapidly via hidden thief wherein one can take advantage of attacks from the rear or flank . Those Runes of the Thief might be more then a little useable here as it will be relatively easy to get that 10 percent bonus to attacks piled on top of the might that is available and things like Revealed training, revealed malice , and be quick or be killed.

I think DE will be fine and I'm eager to try in through the PoF campaign.

And one thing we need to keep in mind folks is that Viable =/= Meta. it does not matter if its meta or not (at least not to me) it will have its uses on any game mode, though it will perform better on some game modes rather than others. The most Important thing we need to take away from this is that we are getting more build diversity.

Archived