What is your favorite legendary weapon skin?

Evil.1580

> @Ashantara.8731 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > **Frostfang **because it is the only remotely Norn-related Legendary in the game....

> >

> > I just wish there was... more to it. It is a joke in comparison to the flashier legendaries!

>

> It's not the only one suffering from "a lack of flashy-ness" compared to others. I own Howler, and everytime get mad at how the footsteps are almost invisible and there is no effect whatsoever on your character when it is holstered.

>

> Then again, there are legendaries whose effects are just over-the-top. Hmph.

I like the smoke effect of howler around you, combo with fire-theme look it's awesome :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @bOTEB.1573 said:

> A lot of people like Nevermore. I don't really like it - it is not shiny as The Bitfrost. It has this dark-themed design but I don't feel it very special.

To each their own. :) I like it _because_ it's not so shiny or flashy. Nevermore manages to be distinct without being over the top, IMO. It's a perfect caster staff, especially for a Raven-following norn. If I could remotely afford it and if I had a character for whom it'd be suitable both mechanially and thematically, I'd be sorely tempted to go for it.

Previously, I might have said Nevermore. I do really like it, but I feel like I see it everywhere. Astralaria, on the other hand, I rarely see, and I have a great attraction to Astro-/Cosmic themed anything. Anyone here seen the horse mount Aurora from the game Rift? It's body is thick silver metal filigree containing a moving deep space sky box. Exquisite. Would love to see more space related items in GW2.

> @Nikal.4921 said:

> Previously, I might have said Nevermore. I do really like it, but I feel like I see it everywhere. Astralaria, on the other hand, I rarely see, and I have a great attraction to Astro-/Cosmic themed anything. Anyone here seen the horse mount Aurora from the game Rift? It's body is thick silver metal filigree containing a moving deep space sky box. Exquisite. Would love to see more space related items in GW2.

Used by many Mesmers :)

• 1 year later...

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > @Chadramar.8156 said:

> > Easy: Nevermore. I don't like many of the legendaries to begin with, but Nevermore looks great and I hear the journey is a lot of fun too. Runner-up is Chuka and Champawat for the same reason, though I don't like its aesthetics as much.

>

> A lot of people like Nevermore. I don't really like it - it is not shiny as The Bitfrost. It has this dark-themed design but I don't feel it very special. Sure, not shiny doesn't mean it's bad and it will probably fit a lot of dark/creepy outfits/armors, the quest to get your bird is nice also, but that's all - the skin itself is not very special. Just my opinion but The Bitfrost has more detail and feel more like a legendary.

I know this is from last year, but that comment about Bifrost having more detail than Nevermore is absolutely bonkers. When I first saw the staff, I wasn't immediately impressed. Later on when I was getting around to making my Mesmer's legendary staff, I spent a bit of time looking closely at each of them and inspecting their details. There was no question in my mind that Nevermore was the winner. At first glance, Its a nicely shaped walking stick with glowing spheres hanging from its branches and a fully animated raven perched atop. The shaft has spectral inscriptions making their way up the shaft. Its aesthetically pleasing but not overly superfluous. Once the weapon is drawn, the raven flies into the air as a horde of smaller ravens swoop down from the sky in front of the wielder. The main raven then transforms mid air into its spiritual form, imbuing itself into the staff. You can see the ghostly raven from the bottom to the top of the staff, as well as many tiny spirit ravens flying up the staff one after another. The footfalls aren't huge and they don't last all that long. The aura is just an arm covered in glowing blue spikes. those aren't what attracts people to this weapon. its the beauty of it. It doesn't feel like random particle effects thrown onto a basic looking skin as so many other legendary weapons are. Its well thought out and extremely detailed with a meaningful set of collections that allows you to appreciate what the weapon actually is in the context of the game.

I actually don't like any of them. Seriously. I've sold 2 pre-cursors already that dropped for me, and a third I decided to craft, the Flameseeker Prophecies, because I thought it was cool looking, I ended up selling because in the end I wasn't that awesome, and a few thousand gold made more sense than a skin for a secondary weapon I sometimes use on only 1 of my characters.

I suppose in a way I'm fortunate, as unlike many of the folks in my guild and friends list, I'm not running in the Legendary hamster wheel, but am instead selling materials to them (and other players) for profit on the TP.

But of all the current Legendary items, I'd have to say my favorite is Shooshado (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shooshadoo) as it is so kitten cute!!! I honestly don't understand why anyone would voluntarily inflict crafting a Gen 2 legendary on themselves, but again I see it as a dodged bullet.

I made once a joke about people who were chasing precursors and telling myself that the only legendary weapon I would ever built, if I would get the precursor, would be Bifrost. Because this is my favourite of all, otherwise I would sell all the others. Well the joke was on me, I found my only precursor which leaded me exactly to this legendary. So no gold for me, but a beautiful staff. Kudzu would be the second, but I doubt that I will ever hold this beautiful bow in my hand.

1st-Flames Of War

This skin takes a lot of flak from traditional fans. It has excellent detail, it's depiction of the acolytes of Balthazar worshiping his emergence is kind of a neat piece, and the fact that each acolyte ignites when the weapon is drawn causing the illusion of the summoning to blaze to life has always been quite pleasant to draw/stow. The explosion from the draw stow effect just looks amazing. I always try to time it with my mirage advance, so it kinda looks like I'm breaking the sound barrier when I leap into combat. The red glow that the torch emits in the surrounding area is also pleasing on the eyes, much more than the glow from the fire dragon sword or any regular torch. The Arm Aura is the only thing I don't enjoy about it, I'm more partial to the full body Aura's such as Quip or Bolt or even the paintbrush great-swords. That said, the arm aura doesn't look half bad. This weapon also has the best footfalls in the game, it's almost a crime that I have to see bolt's footfalls when I have Flames of War equipped. Please Anet, if we can't swap sigils, at least let us choose between main-hand/offhand footfalls! I like birthday cake torch so much, that I actually broke my own rule in going for gen 2 leggies, (to me, I don't PvE much, so it's more of a struggle to dedicate time in HoT to max out Masteries and stuff like that when I could be in WvW or PvP) I even had rodgorts pre drop for me, so I crafted rodgort and sold it just to make the birthday cake torch of apocalyptic doom! Honestly for all the high velocity flak rounds it takes, it's really quite a nice, well done weapon, with some nice effects.

2nd-Howler

3rd-The Moot

4th-The Predator

5th-Bolt