[Are you a PVPer or PVEer?] VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE !

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do PvP occasionally (still slowly working on the Ascension even though I've already got Ad Infinitum - because shinies), but I'm definitely a PvE-er. PvP is just too fast paced for me - especially when my ping averages at around 300-350+. My reaction times aren't that great and the latency doesn't help either.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > yah.. No one in my WvW guild only does PvP..

>

> So you just flip empty camps?

>

> I think player v player covers WvW doesn't it?

We flip empty camps, we flip full keeps.. we are really open to being accommodating like that.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > yah.. No one in my WvW guild only does PvP..

>

> So you just flip empty camps?

>

> I think player v player covers WvW doesn't it?

it doesn't.

and to all others that think it does... its not

Anet has made specific differences... and their PvP equals to sPvP where WvW is server wide score based fighting. Fighting other ppl is just a small part of WvW just as capturing objectives, upgrading objectives and defending them too. where in sPvP you fight. you simply fight, off point, on point, thats it.

there are so many diffences between pvp and wvw its a joke that you lot think wvw is covered by pvp...

Both... when I'm playing _REAL_ games...

I enjoy open-world PvP; set-piece PvP is a haven for elitist pre-mades and cheaters and is not at all fun for anybody else; WvWvW is incredibly boring and really consists of nothing more than zergs. So, IMHO, those offerings in GW2 are NOT PvP, they're tokenism by a developer that wants to advertise that they have PvP when they really don't.

PvE -- other than HoT -- is okay in GW2; I won't call it "great" because there have been some very poor design decisions since release that take away from the game; it's reasonably fun and a good way to pass the time. HoT, however, is little more than one frustration piled on top of another frustration... we have a 2D map that doesn't give us much in the way of any clues for traversing a 3D maze (that's all HoT is), and little can be accomplished in the way of obtaining Hero Points and Mastery Points without a zerg. Not fun... and the whole point of playing a game is to have fun.

> @"Dukotje.4382" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > yah.. No one in my WvW guild only does PvP..

> >

> > So you just flip empty camps?

> >

> > I think player v player covers WvW doesn't it?

>

> it doesn't.

>

> and to all others that think it does... its not

> Anet has made specific differences... and their PvP equals to sPvP where WvW is server wide score based fighting. Fighting other ppl is just a small part of WvW just as capturing objectives, upgrading objectives and defending them too. where in sPvP you fight. you simply fight, off point, on point, thats it.

>

> there are so many diffences between pvp and wvw its a joke that you lot think wvw is covered by pvp...

Found the guy who runs from every engagement.

*Player(s) versus player(s), better known as PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants. This is in contrast to games where players compete against computer-controlled opponents and/or players, which is referred to as player versus environment (PvE).*

In WvW there are lots of enemies that are constantly fighting each other, if you got a problem with it, take it up with the dictionary.

*Structured PvP (sPvP) is a Player versus Player mode which allows competition on an even footing.* -which came strait from the GW2 wiki.

WvW is a mixed environment of PvP and PvE that gives players the choice to do what they prefer.

Given that the poll is asking about PvEer and PvPer, it's safe to assume that PvPer covers both sPvP and WvW, assuming we're speaking English that is.

I only explained all of this to you because you clearly didn't understand the joke and attempted to be demeaning in your response.

There are two things I dislike seeing in Polls. One is where people add unnecessary or sensationalist descriptions to voting options in order to project their own feelings onto the rest of the community, or to condemn or praise voters for picking certain options. The other is when options are intentionally limited in order to force a vote between choices where neither option matches the voter's answer. There's no reason for such limitations, especially in this case where a lot of people like to play both PvE and PvP and yet cannot choose an answer to reflect that.

You see, you need at least 7 options in a poll. The two real/objective choices.,4 random/blend choices., and an other/user created choice. Take notice that not making a choice is the cool thing to do. I am a bit worried though, as it is becoming quite trendy. What is my fear? That to stand out, soon I may actually have to choose something....

I am PvE.

I gave a try to PvP and it was a bad experience: I informed team that I am new to it, can they provide hints or instructions before we start maybe? Nobody answered. Huh... OK... Then it started. I managed for a while but then died: They started insulting me for spoiling there round. I apologized, kept going till the end and after that, never returned to it. B)

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> Why can't have both, i play both mode almost as much. Whenever there is new LW, i will be swimming in new map everyday until i am done with it and i will be swimming in wvw until the new ep is out. If not doing fractal and raid are not considered pver... then i am a wvwer.

you are a PVPer then

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> There are two things I dislike seeing in Polls. One is where people add unnecessary or sensationalist descriptions to voting options in order to project their own feelings onto the rest of the community, or to condemn or praise voters for picking certain options. The other is when options are intentionally limited in order to force a vote between choices where neither option matches the voter's answer. There's no reason for such limitations, especially in this case where a lot of people like to play both PvE and PvP and yet cannot choose an answer to reflect that.

Just for you to know the main reason for this poll is to know if PVP is dead or not cos a lot of PVEer are saying it and we all know that every GW2 player or most of them do both PVP and PVE but still there is something that you **prefer more** being competitive and fight other players or you are more in the story and raids and frac , jumping puzzles and everything that don't apply you to be fighting players so ask your self and answer it.

> @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > There are two things I dislike seeing in Polls. One is where people add unnecessary or sensationalist descriptions to voting options in order to project their own feelings onto the rest of the community, or to condemn or praise voters for picking certain options. The other is when options are intentionally limited in order to force a vote between choices where neither option matches the voter's answer. There's no reason for such limitations, especially in this case where a lot of people like to play both PvE and PvP and yet cannot choose an answer to reflect that.

>

> Just for you to know the main reason for this poll is to know if PVP is dead or not cos a lot of PVEer are saying it and we all know that every GW2 player or most of them do both PVP and PVE but still there is something that you **prefer more** being competitive and fight other players or you are more in the story and raids and frac , jumping puzzles and everything that don't apply you to be fighting players so ask your self and answer it.

If the purpose behind your poll is to determine whether PvP is dead or not, then the poll itself is self defeating. If I play both PvE and PvP, but I play PvE a bit more, and others are the same, then by your logic, we'd have to choose the PvE option and you'd determine from it that PvP is dead or dying because it received less votes. This would be an inaccurate and forced conclusion.

Ultimately, including a third option would likely give a more broad view of how many people are interested in PvP. Including even more than three options such as "I play more PvE, but like to PvP now and then" or visa versa, would broaden the perspective further. Still, even then, the sample size would likely be too small to draw any relevant conclusions from it.

> @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > Why can't have both, i play both mode almost as much. Whenever there is new LW, i will be swimming in new map everyday until i am done with it and i will be swimming in wvw until the new ep is out. If not doing fractal and raid are not considered pver... then i am a wvwer.

>

> you are a PVPer then

It is strange to get defined as pvper.

Out of pve pvp wvw mode, i spent extremely less time in pvp compare to the other two. I like fighting another player but i hated to fight inside the circle.

In wvw i spent most of my time roaming and small scale combat with my guild. The fight in wvw felt more dynamic, like a real world warfare situation than pvp match.

On the other hand i enjoy pve side of this game, the story, LW story, expansion story very much, also i enjoy openworld event a lot. The world boss train, silverwaste, VB meta, LW1, world completion...

That’s why i consider myself both, or just WvWer.

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > Why can't have both, i play both mode almost as much. Whenever there is new LW, i will be swimming in new map everyday until i am done with it and i will be swimming in wvw until the new ep is out. If not doing fractal and raid are not considered pver... then i am a wvwer.

> >

> > you are a PVPer then

>

> It is strange to get defined as pvper.

>

> Out of pve pvp wvw mode, i spent extremely less time in pvp compare to the other two. I like fighting another player but i hated to fight inside the circle.

>

> In wvw i spent most of my time roaming and small scale combat with my guild. The fight in wvw felt more dynamic, like a real world warfare situation than pvp match.

>

> On the other hand i enjoy pve side of this game, the story, LW story, expansion story very much, also i enjoy openworld event a lot. The world boss train, silverwaste, VB meta, LW1, world completion...

>

> That’s why i consider myself both, or just WvWer.

All they're saying is WvW is a more adventurous and less repetitive form of PvP than PvP.

Not sure why I can't be both, cause I am. I play as much WvW as PvE and some PvP. I like them all and depending on the mood I'm in I prefer going to one game type over the other. If you asked My favorite that's another story or which one I spend the most time in, but to ask if I'm one or the other.... I'm both.

I enjoy WvW instead of sPvP. I kinda like roaming and being free when I do PvP, instead of a strictly structured 5v5 system. Sometimes I like helping my server and being a part of their success.

Other than this, I enjoy PvE content. Sadly I don't have enough friends to do raids and my main character isn't a meta one, so it's generally limited to open world PvE.

> @"Jwake.7013" said:

> Not sure why I can't be both, cause I am. I play as much WvW as PvE and some PvP. I like them all and depending on the mood I'm in I prefer going to one game type over the other. If you asked My favorite that's another story or which one I spend the most time in, but to ask if I'm one or the other.... I'm both.

Actualy if you read the comments you will see that this post is about your favorite, I my self play PVE

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > There are two things I dislike seeing in Polls. One is where people add unnecessary or sensationalist descriptions to voting options in order to project their own feelings onto the rest of the community, or to condemn or praise voters for picking certain options. The other is when options are intentionally limited in order to force a vote between choices where neither option matches the voter's answer. There's no reason for such limitations, especially in this case where a lot of people like to play both PvE and PvP and yet cannot choose an answer to reflect that.

> >

> > Just for you to know the main reason for this poll is to know if PVP is dead or not cos a lot of PVEer are saying it and we all know that every GW2 player or most of them do both PVP and PVE but still there is something that you **prefer more** being competitive and fight other players or you are more in the story and raids and frac , jumping puzzles and everything that don't apply you to be fighting players so ask your self and answer it.

>

> If the purpose behind your poll is to determine whether PvP is dead or not, then the poll itself is self defeating. If I play both PvE and PvP, but I play PvE a bit more, and others are the same, then by your logic, we'd have to choose the PvE option and you'd determine from it that PvP is dead or dying because it received less votes. This would be an inaccurate and forced conclusion.

>

> Ultimately, including a third option would likely give a more broad view of how many people are interested in PvP. Including even more than three options such as "I play more PvE, but like to PvP now and then" or visa versa, would broaden the perspective further. Still, even then, the sample size would likely be too small to draw any relevant conclusions from it.

well im not saying that this voting will be accurate but at least the community will determine what they prefer more and i said what you prefer not what you play more i do play a lot of PVE more than PVP off season but still my favorite is PVP that why i did put (prefer more in bold characters) in my last comment.