[info] necromancer minion master

Ashura.7092

Hey all,

I've started playing this game with the necromancer minion master and I had lot of fun with that. With the 2 expansions I've tried some new combinations but I've made confusion and now I have a condi reaper minion master: I'm using Blood Magic, Soul Reaping and Reaper, Scepter/focus + longsword and the 4 minions to fight.

So far I was able to do all the story (except last part of HoT), all the PoF hp in solo and I rarely die. The fact is I would like to improve my minion master build so... can you suggest me the best specializations to use (and weapons too) ? PVE only

Hi there, i looked at the build from the link you posted and it is indeed a bit confusing, but what do you want to be doing witha minion master build open world pve or dungeons/fractals/raids ? do you want to go condi(scourge) power( reaper)? it is possible to run minions with both, i did with reaper and now im running with scourge. Reaper is a bit easier and lot easier to gear up scourge is quite difficult and expensive.

Anyway my advice is the following :

reaper ( full berserk armor/weapons/trinkets) traitlines: reaper 2/3/3 or 2/1/3 death magic 1/1/3 or 1/3/3 , the you can opt for spite or blood for spite 1/2/2 for blood 3/3/3 skills: you can have the five minions if its what you like or take out bone minion for any other skill you might want to take

scourge ( full viper armor/weapons/trinkets) traitlines scourge 2/2/2 curses 1/3/3 death magic 1/1/2 skills: the same as above except you take epidemic instead of bone minion

The main bonus of a minionmaster is that miniondamage doesnt scale with gear, so you can pick whatever tanky gear is cheap. This lets you waltz through all the hard content where others struggle.

Typical minionbuild looks like this:

Death magic 111 for miniondamage

Blood magic 233 for minionleech

Curses 333 for condi gear or reaper for power gear.

The build you linked is a glasscannon. If you want to play glasscannon a scourge in vipergear or a reaper in berserker/valkyrie gear should perform much better. Also I dont think mixing power and condi is worth it on necro.

> @"Ashura.7092" said:

> I've done something similar on this site: https://gw2armory.com/Mumrha73/c/Halisstra%20Veldriss

> I hope you can see this.

> I like the minion build: to have more action I have other characters. What I'm looking is if I can get some improvemnt by changing specs and/or weapons

That build looks like it doesn't know what it's doing ... it's using all kinds of different stat prefixes and switching between a primarily condition weapon to an only-power weapon. It even has some traits that don't even make sense (the build doesn't have a dagger ... but it traits Quickening Thirst); unless I'm missing something about how the build is presented, it looks like the originator didn't really look to optimize this build for anything in particular.

I've done quite a bit of work with Minion builds. The fact they tank immediately draws me to builds that require high levels of sustain to maximize damage, like a Core Necro condition Scepter build (a few people have posted similar builds already). I don't find they work well with reaper builds ... you lose the effect of your minions when you enter Reaper Shroud.

I'm still experimenting with MM Scourge but I'm liking it much better than the core Necro condition build; You swap Blood for Scourge traitline, since between the tanking minions and barriers, you have little need for the health siphon (and the crappy choice of GM traits in Blood). This gives you more damage, a better set of skills to deal with damage, you get access to a Shroud without losing your minion advantages.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArf7djM0QTN2VDu1A7NWEGsoAQ56BQNFyC9K96aeNwC-jBzCQBhbhBso87YPBgDq+zYUCisTCAV2HAAHIgUoBRBHQg7pfoEaIIEwi1A-e

Personally, I would swap all equipment to Berserker's instead of Assassin's. Your ranged power weapon should be axe with sigil of air and focus with sigil of force. Drop minions and replace them with Well of Suffering, Signet of Power, Signet of the Locust... Try something like this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnMbCt0gV2AO2A0bilfBDKpFA+AxHxn4UkKL8FCWA-jBSBwA3U/h2+DPeEAo0DYWJIeNBAODAXV+BA-e

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I don't know if this is still active topic, but in case it is... I'm trying to craft my minion master build over a week and I ended up with this - it's extremly easy to get and cheap, less than 100 gold:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndWnE9CN1gt1A+1As3gFqBT/pWV3qThgKwEQKAMASZA-jxRBABCqPwRlghp875TBAAPBAs2f4T1fAA-e

Before you say it's stupid, think about this:

1) You can be great support/healer/tank which increases group DPS a bit via might spamming and vampiric aura. Have in mind, that your barriers level depence on healing power (monk rune is there mainly for longer might + regen duration), and now think, how tanky you can be with those barriers, life siphon and over 3k toughness.

2) Players have priority over minions in case of getting supported/healed - tested in pvp even with players who weren't in squad.

3) Your minions damage DEPENCES on your power.

4) Scourge has no shroud (except prof. skill 5), so you don't lose your minion abilities (stunbreak on teleport for example).

5) Sadly scourges main condition is torment, which for example in fractals is more casual than useful (boses mostly don't move and you can't compensate it for example with fear like in other pve sections). Scourge's torment can inflict burning, but Dps increase in case of minion master means leaving Sand savnt trate, which in case of this build doesn't have sence. And since feb patch these all condies were nerfed. This with point num. 3 means, that by my opinion, minion mancer is meant to be power.

6) As a tanky/support/healer role you still have some decent DPS (compare to druid or tempest - don't get me wrong, this build can not replace them).

7) In PVE in general isn't mission/location/event wich you couldn't anyone help with and most of all things you can do solo because of buffing your minions so hard, that no one can kill them or you.

Just little bit of sentiment: this build really reminds me ritualist from GW1 :).

Hope I was helpful and if you want, I'll be glad for others opinions and solutions.