[Question] Snowflakes now that Wintersday is over

> @"darksome.1697" said:

> Now that Wintersday is officially over, will we be able to use our Snowflakes at the Festival Merchant in LA, like with the Halloween Candy Corn? I went by the merchant today but there's no tab for Snowflakes.

~~Then the answer is "no."~~

(see below: the vendor will definitely be updated)

Mind you, I wish [sonder the Seller](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sonder_the_Seller) would convert flakes to snow diamonds and sell 20-slot bags; that would be consistent with Sonder's first Halloween offers.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"darksome.1697" said:

> > Now that Wintersday is officially over, will we be able to use our Snowflakes at the Festival Merchant in LA, like with the Halloween Candy Corn? I went by the merchant today but there's no tab for Snowflakes.

>

> Then the answer is "no."

>

> Mind you, I wish [sonder the Seller](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sonder_the_Seller) would convert flakes to snow diamonds and sell 20-slot bags; that would be consistent with Sonder's first Halloween offers.

Yes, that is what I asked. Sonder the Seller is the festival merchant in LA. Since you can turn in and convert Candy Corn, I wanted to know if there was any plan to add a Snowflake tab to him.

For now, I'd sell 1000 flakes (yielding about 2.5 gold after fees) and buy the diamonds on the TP (2.1g-2.3g currently). A better deal than Sonder can offer you.

_edit: update_

* Snowflakes are now going for 11c-23c

* Snow Diamonds are 2.0-2.2g

It's no longer guaranteed to be better than the holiday vendor to sell the flakes to buy Diamonds. If this follows historical trends, it will be again in 6-11 months

> @"MachineManXX.9746" said:

> There is a chance that Sonder the Seller will be updated with the next patch to exchange snowflakes.

The [reddit post I saw](

) implied it was definite, that they just didn't have time to implement it with Wintersday.

> Snow Diamonds are being added to Sonder's wares in the next update - Alex planned it as part of the snowflake update, it just didn't make it into the Wintersday build.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"MachineManXX.9746" said:

> > There is a chance that Sonder the Seller will be updated with the next patch to exchange snowflakes.

>

> The [reddit post I saw](

) implied it was definite, that they just didn't have time to implement it with Wintersday.

>

> > Snow Diamonds are being added to Sonder's wares in the next update - Alex planned it as part of the snowflake update, it just didn't make it into the Wintersday build.

>

I think they are planning to give LNY rewards a good overhaul and thats why they waited until that festival is live as well before adjusting Sonders offerings.

> @"Tanuk.7961" said:

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > I thought all the old snowflakes would automatically convert (which would save me some space) but no. Now it seems I can not do anything with them?

>

> You have to consume the old snowflakes to convert them to the new version.

Thanks, I realized that right after I posted and logged in again. I did not do it though as I would wind up with several thousand snowflakes and no way to convert them to a more compact form. Do all of the ones above tiny convert as 10 of the new snowflakes? I clicked on one (delicate, I think) and was surprised to get only 10 of the new flakes out of the conversion.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> Do all of the ones above tiny convert as 10 of the new snowflakes?

>

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Snowflake

* Tiny & Delicate: 1 ordinary

* Glittering: 3 ordinaries

* Unique: 5

* Pristine: 7

* Flawless: 10

> I did not do it though as I would wind up with several thousand snowflakes and no way to convert them to a more compact form.

Good call on not converting; you can store a lot more by waiting until you need them.

The old conversion rate was different. The reason for the change was to prevent the market from being flooded (would have more than tripled the supply if Flawless had been converted at the old rate). As it turned out, everything ended up being worth a lot more after the change than before. Even today, the values are still higher (albeit a lot less than when Wintersday 2017 launched).