Would you pay to have an “apprentice” work on time-gated crafting items?

The contract would be good for 1- or 2-weeks giving a person 7 or 14 crafted items.

The character would already have to be capable to craft the item.

The materials would be removed from inventory at the beginning of the contract, so they could not be sold or used in other crafting projects.

My reason for thinking of this change is simple; as a player I sometimes forget these items and are set back that many days in crafting (that’s my issue) and I go out of town periodically and am not able to log in to do those simple things (so it’s a QoL issue).

At first I was dead against it, but a grand-master craftsman would have people working for them while they are out gathering additional materials or whatever.

Are you meaning an NPC service? Or do you mean paying an actual player to do it?

If so, they can just add crafting boards like in PSO2 where a player can put in a request for someone to craft something for them.

Give them the materials and/or cost to do it and then the person with the high enough craft can craft it for them.

The person who takes on the request gets a little money for the service (this is done through the game and not the actual requester so the requester don't have to pay more than they have to).

Completely computerized and no way to scam anyone.

No 1 to 2 week thing either. Can be indefinite.

I'd actually pay 20€ for an NPC that does all the crafting for me in exchange for gold and mats (in addition to the initial 20€ to unlock him) so I'll never have to spend a second thinking about crafting in GW2 again, this terribly crafting system has made me take breaks from GW2 countless times already and is the sole reason why I still haven't finished any legendary weapon after over 5 Years.

So it's a yes from me