You know you are playing a Reaper when...

Barnabus Stinson.1409

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Zoltreez.6435" said:

>

> thats interesting he said clockwork will be his last ? or maybe this will be his last sorry but im too lazy to search around his posts but im 100% sure he mentioned it that he stops doing these for eso...

>

> NVM found it

>

> http://deltiasgaming.com/2017/04/20/leaving-elder-scrolls-online/

> .

He is actually back playing the game again, he took a break and tried different stuff on his channel and then came back to ESO around late October. He made a video on why he came back saying it was because he missed playing the game when he took a break from it, but I think the large dip of views on his channel played a huge part. Used to play ESO inbetween GW2 when I was bored but after they screwed up my Templar with the Morrowind update I kind of gave up on it.

Hell I miss GW2, I mean I'm having fun In ESO but it feels like I get more accomplished playing GW2, I think it's because of the huge zones but these quest lines are so long I found myself getting frustrated after 8 hours getting a quarter through a map. My DK while fun takes for ever to kill anything, and now I'm in Coldharbor and its so dreary I can't stomach it.

Has Reapers public image Improved in end game PVE?

When you go "Nope, I don't like any of this."

I will be in the minority, but I've always hated Reaper and stayed a Core Necro up until Scourge came along.

Couldn't find one thing I liked about Reaper except for that one skill I can't remember that can spawn a lot of little horror minions.

Well, I "liked" it. I never actually tried it due to not liking the rest of Reaper.

> @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > @"Zoltreez.6435" said:

> > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > When you start leveling a Dragon Knight in another game so that you can raid in another game in order to avoid the META.

> >

> > Thats Eso...

> > The meta there is

> > DK tank

> > Templar Healer

> > Stam NB DPS

> > Sorc for soloing and the higest Dps....

> >

> > you build any other way you turn unwanted in End game pve like a necro....

> > you cant avoid MMO meta by switching MMOs buddy.....

>

> Deltias Gaming sure looks more open minded than you're suggesting, and have you actually talked to any one in ESO lately because they sure as heck don't sound like GW2 Raiders.

>

> Here is some build diversity

>

> http://deltiasgaming.com/#

Pretty sure you never raided in GW2 from this comment.

> @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > @"DarkForcE.9210" said:

> > Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

>

> So much this...I miss being able to sit in my reaper form for nearly entire bosses soaking up hits for people.

Ye I do miss the tankiness. But hopefully this will pave the way for even more damage boosts as Shroud cannot be relied on so heavily as a defense mechanism anymore, which was what was keeping the devs from giving necro, reaper specifically, more damage.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

> >

> > f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

>

> You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

> > >

> > > f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

> >

> > You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

>

> say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

I don't have to. You're dead before you can do them.

> @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > > @"DarkForcE.9210" said:

> > > Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

> >

> > So much this...I miss being able to sit in my reaper form for nearly entire bosses soaking up hits for people.

>

> Ye I do miss the tankiness. But hopefully this will pave the way for even more damage boosts as Shroud cannot be relied on so heavily as a defense mechanism anymore, which was what was keeping the devs from giving necro, reaper specifically, more damage.

That is the point though. The Necro was built for condition damage, and to be tanky. I fully wish they would revert the reaper back to being the tank it used to be. I used to just tank hit after hit after hit and keep right on going. Was my damage great? It wasn't anything impressive for the dps list chasers but it was respectable. The point of necromancers has never been burst nor to be highest on the charts. The point of the necromancer has always been to be like a lich, unkillable unless you focus them down with a craptonne of options to just take the hits and keep right on going, with damage sapping at you no matter what you do as no one has enough cleanses to keep themselves safe.

I mean back before HoT I used to roam as a necromancer solo, and people would always /hate/ coming across me. Sure...I wasn't going to catch you if you ran away, but /nothing/ you did was going to kill me either. Meeting me in roaming was like coming across a steel wall in a hallway. If you faught me you either died

because you were too stubborn for your own good or you ran away as there was nothing I could do to keep you in range. When we first got reaper I was ecstatic. The point of the reaper was to be a movie monster, slowly moving but /always/ moving forward. Inevitability was the theme of reaper. It was neve rmeant to hit exceptionally hard in a single burst, it was meant to take hit after hit after hit and continue moving forward. I used to just charge right through some aoes on purpose with reaper to make people nervous as it wouldn't have the effect they wanted to push me back. Now? They neutered the reaper. You can't take those hits and they didn't give us anything to compensate for it. Forcing us into scourge. Yet in HoT base necromancer was still viable at all levels. Was usefull in WvW, I was still able to use it in sPvP (nigh always as wellmancer or summoner)...along comes PoF and reaper basically gets gutted into near worthlessness, I mean base necromancer seems to do better at what a necromancer is supposed to do in my opinion.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > > you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

> > > >

> > > > f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

> > >

> > > You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

> >

> > say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

>

> I don't have to. You're dead before you can do them.

then u must suck with reaper.

cause with reaper shroud. its easy to use the skills.

> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

> > >

> > > f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

> >

> > You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

>

> say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

Nightfall is easy dodgeable and slow hitting. Grasping darkness... oh well.

It can get blocked, denied by stability, easyly evaded, doenst affect people with magnetic aura and the most important part:

Most of the time it vanishes into tyrian space and doesnt do anything after casting it

> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > > > you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

> > > > >

> > > > > f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

> > > >

> > > > You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

> > >

> > > say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

> >

> > I don't have to. You're dead before you can do them.

>

> then u must suck with reaper.

> cause with reaper shroud. its easy to use the skills.

Not really. With the meta right now: oneshot everything.

Its not possible. If u meet any good opponent he will laugh at you and oneshot u even if you go into shroud.

Maybe if anet takes away 10k dps from each class. Then this might be the game where you actually could play necro in solo roaming or 1v1

> @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > > > @"DarkForcE.9210" said:

> > > > Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

> > >

> > > So much this...I miss being able to sit in my reaper form for nearly entire bosses soaking up hits for people.

> >

> > Ye I do miss the tankiness. But hopefully this will pave the way for even more damage boosts as Shroud cannot be relied on so heavily as a defense mechanism anymore, which was what was keeping the devs from giving necro, reaper specifically, more damage.

>

> That is the point though. The Necro was built for condition damage, and to be tanky. I fully wish they would revert the reaper back to being the tank it used to be. I used to just tank hit after hit after hit and keep right on going. Was my damage great? It wasn't anything impressive for the dps list chasers but it was respectable. The point of necromancers has never been burst nor to be highest on the charts. The point of the necromancer has always been to be like a lich, unkillable unless you focus them down with a craptonne of options to just take the hits and keep right on going, with damage sapping at you no matter what you do as no one has enough cleanses to keep themselves safe.

>

> I mean back before HoT I used to roam as a necromancer solo, and people would always /hate/ coming across me. Sure...I wasn't going to catch you if you ran away, but /nothing/ you did was going to kill me either. Meeting me in roaming was like coming across a steel wall in a hallway. If you faught me you either died

> because you were too stubborn for your own good or you ran away as there was nothing I could do to keep you in range. When we first got reaper I was ecstatic. The point of the reaper was to be a movie monster, slowly moving but /always/ moving forward. Inevitability was the theme of reaper. It was neve rmeant to hit exceptionally hard in a single burst, it was meant to take hit after hit after hit and continue moving forward. I used to just charge right through some aoes on purpose with reaper to make people nervous as it wouldn't have the effect they wanted to push me back. Now? They neutered the reaper. You can't take those hits and they didn't give us anything to compensate for it. Forcing us into scourge. Yet in HoT base necromancer was still viable at all levels. Was usefull in WvW, I was still able to use it in sPvP (nigh always as wellmancer or summoner)...along comes PoF and reaper basically gets gutted into near worthlessness, I mean base necromancer seems to do better at what a necromancer is supposed to do in my opinion.

I think the theme of tankiness should just be delegated to core necro (it needs to have something going for it lol). I think that's why they left Death Shroud decay as it was. I respectfully disagree with you; Reaper SHOULD be hitting hard, the devs said so when they introduced it the spec as a slow but hard hitting class. You're a reaper of death after all, you SHOULD be causing havoc on the battle field.

> @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > > > > @"DarkForcE.9210" said:

> > > > > Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

> > > >

> > > > So much this...I miss being able to sit in my reaper form for nearly entire bosses soaking up hits for people.

> > >

> > > Ye I do miss the tankiness. But hopefully this will pave the way for even more damage boosts as Shroud cannot be relied on so heavily as a defense mechanism anymore, which was what was keeping the devs from giving necro, reaper specifically, more damage.

> >

> > That is the point though. The Necro was built for condition damage, and to be tanky. I fully wish they would revert the reaper back to being the tank it used to be. I used to just tank hit after hit after hit and keep right on going. Was my damage great? It wasn't anything impressive for the dps list chasers but it was respectable. The point of necromancers has never been burst nor to be highest on the charts. The point of the necromancer has always been to be like a lich, unkillable unless you focus them down with a craptonne of options to just take the hits and keep right on going, with damage sapping at you no matter what you do as no one has enough cleanses to keep themselves safe.

> >

> > I mean back before HoT I used to roam as a necromancer solo, and people would always /hate/ coming across me. Sure...I wasn't going to catch you if you ran away, but /nothing/ you did was going to kill me either. Meeting me in roaming was like coming across a steel wall in a hallway. If you faught me you either died

> > because you were too stubborn for your own good or you ran away as there was nothing I could do to keep you in range. When we first got reaper I was ecstatic. The point of the reaper was to be a movie monster, slowly moving but /always/ moving forward. Inevitability was the theme of reaper. It was neve rmeant to hit exceptionally hard in a single burst, it was meant to take hit after hit after hit and continue moving forward. I used to just charge right through some aoes on purpose with reaper to make people nervous as it wouldn't have the effect they wanted to push me back. Now? They neutered the reaper. You can't take those hits and they didn't give us anything to compensate for it. Forcing us into scourge. Yet in HoT base necromancer was still viable at all levels. Was usefull in WvW, I was still able to use it in sPvP (nigh always as wellmancer or summoner)...along comes PoF and reaper basically gets gutted into near worthlessness, I mean base necromancer seems to do better at what a necromancer is supposed to do in my opinion.

>

> I think the theme of tankiness should just be delegated to core necro (it needs to have something going for it lol). I think that's why they left Death Shroud decay as it was. I respectfully disagree with you; Reaper SHOULD be hitting hard, the devs said so when they introduced it the spec as a slow but hard hitting class. You're a reaper of death after all, you SHOULD be causing havoc on the battle field.

But for that: you need to be alive.

Even if we get gravedigger to hit, it has 3/4 seconds casttime? In that time, other classes can oneshot you, while u are in the animation, or easily interrupt you. So at least a little bit more stability would be nice

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > > > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > > > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > > > > > @"DarkForcE.9210" said:

> > > > > > Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

> > > > >

> > > > > So much this...I miss being able to sit in my reaper form for nearly entire bosses soaking up hits for people.

> > > >

> > > > Ye I do miss the tankiness. But hopefully this will pave the way for even more damage boosts as Shroud cannot be relied on so heavily as a defense mechanism anymore, which was what was keeping the devs from giving necro, reaper specifically, more damage.

> > >

> > > That is the point though. The Necro was built for condition damage, and to be tanky. I fully wish they would revert the reaper back to being the tank it used to be. I used to just tank hit after hit after hit and keep right on going. Was my damage great? It wasn't anything impressive for the dps list chasers but it was respectable. The point of necromancers has never been burst nor to be highest on the charts. The point of the necromancer has always been to be like a lich, unkillable unless you focus them down with a craptonne of options to just take the hits and keep right on going, with damage sapping at you no matter what you do as no one has enough cleanses to keep themselves safe.

> > >

> > > I mean back before HoT I used to roam as a necromancer solo, and people would always /hate/ coming across me. Sure...I wasn't going to catch you if you ran away, but /nothing/ you did was going to kill me either. Meeting me in roaming was like coming across a steel wall in a hallway. If you faught me you either died

> > > because you were too stubborn for your own good or you ran away as there was nothing I could do to keep you in range. When we first got reaper I was ecstatic. The point of the reaper was to be a movie monster, slowly moving but /always/ moving forward. Inevitability was the theme of reaper. It was neve rmeant to hit exceptionally hard in a single burst, it was meant to take hit after hit after hit and continue moving forward. I used to just charge right through some aoes on purpose with reaper to make people nervous as it wouldn't have the effect they wanted to push me back. Now? They neutered the reaper. You can't take those hits and they didn't give us anything to compensate for it. Forcing us into scourge. Yet in HoT base necromancer was still viable at all levels. Was usefull in WvW, I was still able to use it in sPvP (nigh always as wellmancer or summoner)...along comes PoF and reaper basically gets gutted into near worthlessness, I mean base necromancer seems to do better at what a necromancer is supposed to do in my opinion.

> >

> > I think the theme of tankiness should just be delegated to core necro (it needs to have something going for it lol). I think that's why they left Death Shroud decay as it was. I respectfully disagree with you; Reaper SHOULD be hitting hard, the devs said so when they introduced it the spec as a slow but hard hitting class. You're a reaper of death after all, you SHOULD be causing havoc on the battle field.

>

> But for that: you need to be alive.

> Even if we get gravedigger to hit, it has 3/4 seconds casttime? In that time, other classes can oneshot you, while u are in the animation, or easily interrupt you. So at least a little bit more stability would be nice

I do agree Reaper needs some defenses. All I was saying was that shroud now serves more as an offensive tool. Maybe they could rework the shout trait that also adds Aegis when a shout is used, or have one shout reworked slightly that it would block the next 3 incoming attacks. More stability would indeed be nice, but with the Scourge meta, stability serves as a free fear for the Scourges.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > > you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

> > > >

> > > > f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

> > >

> > > You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

> >

> > say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

>

> I don't have to. You're dead before you can do them.

I mean, if it's 5v1, sure. Gs definitely has its limits (like the damn bug on gs5 pull, **ANET PLEASE FIX THIS**), but if you use it right it can hit like a damn truck. Obviously if you do something like fight a lb ranger with only your gs, you're gonna have a bad time :P

The problem with reaper is that they pushed it away from being a bruiser and pushed it into a glass cannon role. The problem however is that Reaper is a terrible platform to be a glass cannon. Reaper is a melee class with long cast times and limited ability to stick to a target, because of this our high damage skills are very difficult to land, which makes our "high damage shroud" very unreliable and inconsistent in it's damage in a practical situation. This means that most of the time we simply get out sustained. Previously before all of the defensive nerfs to reaper, we where able to win fights by simply staying alive until our opponent ran out of cooldowns, but that is no longer a useable strategy for us.