Do all my charectors get the ability to have mounts?

Yes! It's a lot of fun to take a new character around old areas and experience them in a different way. You just won't have access to mounts in instances designed prior to their release, so a brand new character will have to complete the introductory story mission first.

Just so you know newly created characters won't have access to mounts right away. The tutorial zone you start in is technically an instance so you can't use mounts (or gliders) there - the button just doesn't show up. But once you get out of the tutorial you'll be able to use them, even on a level 2 character.

(I've seen a few people get caught out with that - they make a new character and panic that their mounts are gone or they'll have to get to level 80 to use them.)

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Well, yes. I should have been more specific. Certain Masteries, if not all, aren't usable in most (all?) pre-Mastery-implementation instances. And, of course, it is not possible to have a L1 Character outside the tutorial instance.

>

> My bad.

In your defense, it’s been pretty recent they took the ability to use some of our port scrolls to let a level 1 character bypass the tutorial away from us. Sadly.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Well, yes. I should have been more specific. Certain Masteries, if not all, aren't usable in most (all?) pre-Mastery-implementation instances. And, of course, it is not possible to have a L1 Character outside the tutorial instance.

> >

> > My bad.

>

> In your defense, it’s been pretty recent they took the ability to use some of our port scrolls to let a level 1 character bypass the tutorial away from us. Sadly.

That needed to be fixed. I ported out of the starter instance once using my Royal Terrace Pass and found that the personal story couldn't be done on that char. I just remade the char but that could cause trouble for people if they didn’t realize they had messed up and wanted to later do the personal story.