Should there be a gem store item that auto completes dailies ?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

The Op wants to not do dailies but still wants to pocket the easy money and easy AP's.. I mean how long does it take to do 3 things in the dailies list really...

Tell ya what I would do.. implement this hairbrain idea but not award the 2G or the AP's.. at least he gets the dailies done for his gemstore purchase... and a nice mail thanking him for supporting the game :)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Zeivu.3615" said:

> If Arenanet does that, I am quitting. Paying to skip content and paying to auto reap it's rewards is distinctly p2w and completely conflict of interest to the concept of playing a game. The automatic lv80 gemstore item is bad enough.

Not really a p2w thing seeing as how you only get 10 AP and 2g for completing the daily. You would most likely spend more gold on the gem store item than actually completing or Anet would balance it out so it cost 2g to obtain thus spending the 2g you would earn from it anyways. As for the AP there's not really much there in terms of AP rewards. Especially nothing that could give you distinct advantage over another player.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

>

> You can already skip dailies entirely by, you know, not doing the dailies.

>

> What you are asking for is to buy 15000 AP with gems. That's what people are against.

>

> No one has an issue with some collections/achievements being "just" a gold sink. The issue is that you're asking for people who don't do content to get the same rewards as people who choose to do the content. That strikes most players as unfair.

wrong i already have 12k ap from dailies all i am asking is for an item that will give me 10 ap per day till the max.

> @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > @"calb.3128" said:

> > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > Ap are a pain because they are related to skins.

> > > > > It was really a bad idea.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > there are also quite a good way to see how long a certain player has played and cleared content while it doesnt represent skill in 90% of cases players with 20k ap + are better then a large amount of low ap players. sorry if this annoys someone its just a fact you can try and deny but its true. why do you think there was an ap requirement for dungeons before now changed for kp with raids because people dont like new players, and its the job of anet to teach mechanics to new players **not the job of veterans to suffer one**.

> > >

> > > It is attitudes like this which are toxic for the longevity of any game. Teach, mentor and develop newer players - they are more likely to then invest time and money into the game, sustaining a successful community and continued developer interest. I appreciate there are occasions where players choose to be selective, but lazy and ignorant comments are not the way to win friends and influence people.

> >

> > so the community should teach the new members and not lets say the game makers ? explain to me why this is my job and i will do it, but keep in mind i am not an anet employe its not my job to care for the longevity of the game that is theirs, i bought the game my obligation to anet ends there i am here only to enjoy the content until the next expansion when i will pay them again anything in between is the job of anet excluding my personal friends and people i associate with in game.

>

> It's not an obligation to Anet. It's called being a member of a community. Anet has fulfilled it's obligation to you the moment you logged in. It has no further obligation to maintain this game. While it makes good business sense to maintain the game, they really aren't obligated to do so.

so what you are basically saying is anet duped buyers, if we are kittenized after we buy the game its just a ploy to get our money.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

>

> The Op wants to not do dailies but still wants to pocket the easy money and easy AP's.. I mean how long does it take to do 3 things in the dailies list really...

>

> Tell ya what I would do.. implement this hairbrain idea but not award the 2G or the AP's.. at least he gets the dailies done for his gemstore purchase... and a nice mail thanking him for supporting the game :)

yeah and anet gets a lawsuit from this idea.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

> >

> > The Op wants to not do dailies but still wants to pocket the easy money and easy AP's.. I mean how long does it take to do 3 things in the dailies list really...

> >

> > Tell ya what I would do.. implement this hairbrain idea but not award the 2G or the AP's.. at least he gets the dailies done for his gemstore purchase... and a nice mail thanking him for supporting the game :)

>

> yeah and anet gets a lawsuit from this idea.

How exactly does that work?

> @"Mourningcry.9428" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

> > >

> > > The Op wants to not do dailies but still wants to pocket the easy money and easy AP's.. I mean how long does it take to do 3 things in the dailies list really...

> > >

> > > Tell ya what I would do.. implement this hairbrain idea but not award the 2G or the AP's.. at least he gets the dailies done for his gemstore purchase... and a nice mail thanking him for supporting the game :)

> >

> > yeah and anet gets a lawsuit from this idea.

>

> How exactly does that work?

eh it probably doesnt i would just get angry from something like that its a kitten thing to do.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"Mourningcry.9428" said:

> > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

> > > >

> > > > The Op wants to not do dailies but still wants to pocket the easy money and easy AP's.. I mean how long does it take to do 3 things in the dailies list really...

> > > >

> > > > Tell ya what I would do.. implement this hairbrain idea but not award the 2G or the AP's.. at least he gets the dailies done for his gemstore purchase... and a nice mail thanking him for supporting the game :)

> > >

> > > yeah and anet gets a lawsuit from this idea.

> >

> > How exactly does that work?

>

> eh it probably doesnt i would just get angry from something like that its a kitten thing to do.

Fair enough.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

> >

> > You can already skip dailies entirely by, you know, not doing the dailies.

> >

> > What you are asking for is to buy 15000 AP with gems. That's what people are against.

> >

> > No one has an issue with some collections/achievements being "just" a gold sink. The issue is that you're asking for people who don't do content to get the same rewards as people who choose to do the content. That strikes most players as unfair.

>

> It's not unfair. It's in line with unlocking waypoints with gems.

First, whether it is or isn't unfair doesn't affect how it's being interpreted by most folks posting in this thread. If you're uncomfortable with the word "unfair" in my explanation, ignore it.

> No one has an issue with some collections/achievements being "just" a gold sink. The issue is that you're asking for people who don't do content to get the same rewards as people who choose to do the content.

Second, it's nothing like unlocking waypoints with gems, except for the part about gems. You don't get gold or AP from unlocking waypoints; you just get a small number of waypoints. Besides which, the WP unlock works for just one character; it has no overall impact on the account. In contrast, the OP's suggestion would grant a huge reward to a player, in exchange for... just gold (or perhaps cash).

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

> >

> > You can already skip dailies entirely by, you know, not doing the dailies.

> >

> > What you are asking for is to buy 15000 AP with gems. That's what people are against.

> >

> > No one has an issue with some collections/achievements being "just" a gold sink. The issue is that you're asking for people who don't do content to get the same rewards as people who choose to do the content. That strikes most players as unfair.

>

> wrong i already have 12k ap from dailies all i am asking is for an item that will give me 10 ap per day till the max.

Go back to your original post.

> i would pay gems or real money to have an item that lets me auto complete all dailies

You've said nothing about a cap to the amount of AP that your suggestion would grant.

But fine, let's accept your new phrasing. Now, you're asking to pay a fee to be granted 3000 AP, dolled out in 10 AP increments. You're still asking to get the same reward for avoiding content as other people get for doing the same content.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > @"calb.3128" said:

> > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > Ap are a pain because they are related to skins.

> > > > > > It was really a bad idea.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > there are also quite a good way to see how long a certain player has played and cleared content while it doesnt represent skill in 90% of cases players with 20k ap + are better then a large amount of low ap players. sorry if this annoys someone its just a fact you can try and deny but its true. why do you think there was an ap requirement for dungeons before now changed for kp with raids because people dont like new players, and its the job of anet to teach mechanics to new players **not the job of veterans to suffer one**.

> > > >

> > > > It is attitudes like this which are toxic for the longevity of any game. Teach, mentor and develop newer players - they are more likely to then invest time and money into the game, sustaining a successful community and continued developer interest. I appreciate there are occasions where players choose to be selective, but lazy and ignorant comments are not the way to win friends and influence people.

> > >

> > > so the community should teach the new members and not lets say the game makers ? explain to me why this is my job and i will do it, but keep in mind i am not an anet employe its not my job to care for the longevity of the game that is theirs, i bought the game my obligation to anet ends there i am here only to enjoy the content until the next expansion when i will pay them again anything in between is the job of anet excluding my personal friends and people i associate with in game.

> >

> > It's not an obligation to Anet. It's called being a member of a community. Anet has fulfilled it's obligation to you the moment you logged in. It has no further obligation to maintain this game. While it makes good business sense to maintain the game, they really aren't obligated to do so.

>

> so what you are basically saying is anet duped buyers, if we are kittenized after we buy the game its just a ploy to get our money.

I'm not saying that at all. You're the only one saying it.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> Simply put dailies are boring, doing them daily well gets repetitive and not fun in the slightest i only log in to do fractals raids and dailies and if possible i would pay gems or real money to have an item that lets me auto complete all dailies. anet you can get money out of people and i can get one less daily annoyance ty.

Anet needs to you feel like you need to log in for those dailies. It's one of the behavior conditioning systems built into the game to help you form and reinforce a habit of logging in.

> @"Naix.8156" said:

> > Simply put dailies are boring, doing them daily well gets repetitive and not fun in the slightest i only log in to do fractals raids and dailies and if possible i would pay gems or real money to have an item that lets me auto complete all dailies. anet you can get money out of people and i can get one less daily annoyance ty.

>

> Anet needs to you feel like you need to log in for those dailies. It's one of the behavior conditioning systems built into the game to help you form and reinforce a habit of logging in.

hmm yeah this is probably true many mmorpgs are addictive.

It contradicts the reason for dailies. Dailies add gold, mats etc. when you use real money your wasting more money then what you can get for free and only take 10-30 mins depending on what you want to do. 10 mins if you just do 3. And 30 mins if you can’t fast travel. But it’s easy. Don’t pay real money to get 2 gold. If you want to pay real money then exchange the gems for gold and not worry about dailies. But even that’s a no no. If you want to use gems get things that are worth it.