have they fixed the loot?

PhatKat.6157

i haven't been playing gw2 for about 18 months now probably more the reason i hated the loot that they have and annoying it is to get rid of particular loot that is useless. please tell me they fixed the issue of having ridiculous amount of items u have to manually destroy and do they still do the loot within loot? it takes up so much space and is so pointless. hoping they fixed these issues thank you for your help community!

PoF is coming with [Pieces of Unidentified Gear](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Piece_of_Unidentified_Gear "Pieces of Unidentified Gear"), which stack. At least with these you'll no longer have to worry about tons of individual blue and green armour and weapon pieces clogging up your inventory. They also bypass the overload of sigils and runes which often do the same.

> @Greener.6204 said:

> PoF is coming with [Pieces of Unidentified Gear](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Piece_of_Unidentified_Gear "Pieces of Unidentified Gear"), which stack. At least with these you'll no longer have to worry about tons of individual blue and green armour and weapon pieces clogging up your inventory. They also bypass the overload of sigils and runes which often do the same.

at least in the beta(dont know about live) they didnt completely replace loot with those. so you got those...and regular loot.

> @Greener.6204 said:

> PoF is coming with [Pieces of Unidentified Gear](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Piece_of_Unidentified_Gear "Pieces of Unidentified Gear"), which stack. At least with these you'll no longer have to worry about tons of individual blue and green armour and weapon pieces clogging up your inventory. They also bypass the overload of sigils and runes which often do the same.

Unless they've modified it then it also bypasses your chances of getting any precursors or undiscovered skins unless you want to pay to identify items that previously were known.

For the OP, there have been multiple changes that have helped loot in this game with the following:

- Able to salvage all with the salvage kits so you no longer have to go one by one

- POF has "unidentified gear" that stacks up so it doesn't take up spots unless you want it to

- Bags within bags keeps your inventory clear of clutter until you have time to deal with it (as much as it seems silly, it was the first try at dealing with mass item drops)

Mainly salvage all and unidentified will go a long way on helping loot annoyances.

> @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > @Greener.6204 said:

> > PoF is coming with [Pieces of Unidentified Gear](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Piece_of_Unidentified_Gear "Pieces of Unidentified Gear"), which stack. At least with these you'll no longer have to worry about tons of individual blue and green armour and weapon pieces clogging up your inventory. They also bypass the overload of sigils and runes which often do the same.

>

> Unless they've modified it then it also bypasses your chances of getting any precursors or undiscovered skins unless you want to pay to identify items that previously were known.

Exotics still dropped, not to mention that the drop rate is so low for Precursors that I'm fine with having no chance at them if it means I no longer have to deal with minor sigils/runes (and I have no right to complain about those with portable merchants).

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I'm guessing Unidentified Loot will only be acquired in Path of Fire, and subsequent associated maps.

> Still, the other features mentioned are available game-wide.

>

> Good luck.

I hope that's how it works. Would give me incentive to continue my daily routines in the old lands in addition to PoF to keep my influx of ectos and free 30s weapons, along with the few exotics I get in a week for those mats (also free).

So, I only started playing this week (complete newb) but something the OP mentioned is something I'm wondering too.

"ridiculous amount of items u have to manually destroy"

Whats the deal with that? As soon as I equip certain items they become Soulbound, resulting in not being able to Vendor or Salvage them when I replace them. Is there some better way to get rid of these items than manually destroying them? Am I just missing some easy and obvious (to everyone else) way to handle those items thats actually beneficial (or at least not as clunky as destroying them) ?

Thanks for any answers.

> @Barathol.8239 said:

> So, I only started playing this week (complete newb) but something the OP mentioned is something I'm wondering too.

>

> "ridiculous amount of items u have to manually destroy"

>

> Whats the deal with that? As soon as I equip certain items they become Soulbound, resulting in not being able to Vendor or Salvage them when I replace them. Is there some better way to get rid of these items than manually destroying them? Am I just missing some easy and obvious (to everyone else) way to handle those items thats actually beneficial (or at least not as clunky as destroying them) ?

>

> Thanks for any answers.

>

From your description, it sounds like you've been buying items with karma. Those _particular_ items are always soulbound, cannot be sold to vendors, and cannot be salvaged. This was done to keep the karma currency from destroying the value of other markets, specifically gold and materials.

The regular loot that you get from drops or in bags can almost always be sold to vendors or salvaged; the exceptions are quite rare. Even when you soulbind loot from drops or bags, you can still sell them to vendors or salvage them normally.

What happens over time, once you've played this game for long enough, is that you begin to accumulate weapons and armour which you don't need at a crazy rate, especially while doing certain large meta-events. These items fill up your inventory, causing you to constantly stop and salvage them or sell them as the meta-event leaves you behind. The problem only compounds itself as the event continues.

By introducing a single, stackable item to replace these general drops, Anet is hoping to alleviate some of the pains.