View of other players equipment

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> If you want to know and don't want to ask, take a screen shot, then look up the pieces in the wardrobe section of the bank.

This. Or you can ask on the forum and someone will figure it out.

I wouldn't mind a cosmetic-only inspection feature - something that tells you the skins and dyes a person is using but nothing about their stats. But I'm not sure it's worth the effort for Anet to put it in, when the alternative is simply to ask them, or to ask the community in general if you can't ask them for some reason (like if they're properly afk, or speak a different language).

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since anet already allowed memory reading addons they should not limit all the possibilities of such feature. Gear inspection is already possible with some tools. Since they made first step with addons allowing other players to not respect our privacy, they should go full in with gear inspection.

Game will be better with this. Just like dps meters made it better.

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> If you want to know and don't want to ask, take a screen shot, then look up the pieces in the wardrobe section of the bank.

And waste plenty of time.

Not really convenient.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Since anet already allowed memory reading addons they should not limit all the possibilities of such feature. Gear inspection is already possible with some tools. Since they made first step with addons allowing other players to not respect our privacy, they should go full in with gear inspection.

>

> Game will be better with this. Just like dps meters made it better.

Blaming addons or dps meters is senseless, just because the players complaining about those features are definitely over 90% of the whole population ( just read the forum and compare the complaints vs those who agree with this ).

Shortly, harassing a small part of the community because the want to be sure the players who want to play with ( mostly due to the poor lfg/inspect tools ) is, imho, not right.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> >

> > > Game will be better with this. Just like dps meters made it better.

> > That's a very subjective point of view.

> >

>

> That's what anet thinks currently.

Really? Anet thinks that DPS meters made their game better? Hmmm

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > If you want to know and don't want to ask, take a screen shot, then look up the pieces in the wardrobe section of the bank.

>

> And waste plenty of time.

> Not really convenient.

>

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > Since anet already allowed memory reading addons they should not limit all the possibilities of such feature. Gear inspection is already possible with some tools. Since they made first step with addons allowing other players to not respect our privacy, they should go full in with gear inspection.

> >

> > Game will be better with this. Just like dps meters made it better.

>

> Blaming addons or dps meters is senseless, just because the players complaining about those features are definitely over 90% of the whole population ( just read the forum and compare the complaints vs those who agree with this ).

>

> Shortly, harassing a small part of the community because the want to be sure the players who want to play with ( mostly due to the poor lfg/inspect tools ) is, imho, not right.

>

>

wrong way around, in game non dps meter users don't give a damn that meter users are using meters. As we know fine well the issue is that some meter users abuse other people based on a 1 dimensional gaming aspect. Worse, some people use it as their personal epeen meter..and so on and so forth. In other words a % of that 5-10% of raiders have an unproportional affect on other players in game because of meters.

Give an idiot a gun and he may use it to shoot someone, ban guns and idiots cant shoot people.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > >

> > > > Game will be better with this. Just like dps meters made it better.

> > > That's a very subjective point of view.

> > >

> >

> > That's what anet thinks currently.

>

> Really? Anet thinks that DPS meters made their game better? Hmmm

Thay allowed them. They wouldn't allow something they find as bad for the game.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > >

> > > > > Game will be better with this. Just like dps meters made it better.

> > > > That's a very subjective point of view.

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's what anet thinks currently.

> >

> > Really? Anet thinks that DPS meters made their game better? Hmmm

>

> Thay allowed them. They wouldn't allow something they find as bad for the game.

Does not mean they endorse it either.

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > If you want to know and don't want to ask, take a screen shot, then look up the pieces in the wardrobe section of the bank.

> >

> > And waste plenty of time.

> > Not really convenient.

> >

> > > Since anet already allowed memory reading addons they should not limit all the possibilities of such feature. Gear inspection is already possible with some tools. Since they made first step with addons allowing other players to not respect our privacy, they should go full in with gear inspection.

> > >

> > > Game will be better with this. Just like dps meters made it better.

> >

> > Blaming addons or dps meters is senseless, just because the players complaining about those features are definitely over 90% of the whole population ( just read the forum and compare the complaints vs those who agree with this ).

> >

> > Shortly, harassing a small part of the community because the want to be sure the players who want to play with ( mostly due to the poor lfg/inspect tools ) is, imho, not right.

> >

> >

>

> wrong way around, in game non dps meter users don't give a kitten that meter users are using meters. As we know fine well the issue is that _some _ meter users abuse other people based on a 1 dimensional gaming aspect. Worsr, some people use it as their personal kitten meter..and so on and so forth.

In game as here on forum those who don't use dps meter complain about

* those who use it,

* those who look for a specific class with a specific build,

* those who don't take them in raid because not enough LI,

and so on.

The wanna be elitists are imho the problem, not the real elitists ( as well as those who tend to put a blame on other and can't admit that they sucks or simply make mystakes ).

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > >

> > > > > Game will be better with this. Just like dps meters made it better.

> > > > That's a very subjective point of view.

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's what anet thinks currently.

> >

> > Really? Anet thinks that DPS meters made their game better? Hmmm

>

> Thay allowed them. They wouldn't allow something they find as bad for the game.

Making the game bad is one thing. Saying that some third-party tool makes the game better is saying something completely different. Again, as I said before this is a subjective point of view. You seem to feel that these things make GW2 better, and that's probably true for you. Others in numerous threads have argued counter to your point.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > >

> > > That's a very subjective point of view.

> > >

> >

> > That's what anet thinks currently.

>

> Really? Anet thinks that DPS meters made their game better? Hmmm

ask me i think he is or wants to get the player base mad and kittened off again . like back in the day when anet tried to force us all to watch sl e-sports flashing across our loading screens and logging into the game its self . ;/

It would make the situations worse in this game.

Especially High-end Fractals and Raids.

One game I play have it that people used to look at people equipment and stats (which honestly is nice for me as when I see someone with a shirt or pants or hat or earrings or whatever I might want I can look for the name of it and then look up the item in the store to buy), but when they do and it's an event or boss or something specific... people would either kick those in their party or leave the map to go to a better one because "Horrible gear, this mission will fail." or something.

I said "Used to" because the company made sure "If you leave these specific missions way too many times when it starts, we will ban you." Pretty much saying it's not right for those to just leave out of no where because of that whole elitist mentality. This also led people to not join parties and groups for these events because while leaving too many times counted as a ban, kicking was still A-OK so...

Oh, and pets in the game has equipment and stats too which those the players can't view. A lot of the elitists were mad at this and wish for people to see their pet stats to see if they're crap or not.

Haven't been on the game for a while, but I would assume they never added that.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > > If you want to know and don't want to ask, take a screen shot, then look up the pieces in the wardrobe section of the bank.

> > >

> > > And waste plenty of time.

> > > Not really convenient.

> > >

> > > > Since anet already allowed memory reading addons they should not limit all the possibilities of such feature. Gear inspection is already possible with some tools. Since they made first step with addons allowing other players to not respect our privacy, they should go full in with gear inspection.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Blaming addons or dps meters is senseless, just because the players complaining about those features are definitely over 90% of the whole population ( just read the forum and compare the complaints vs those who agree with this ).

> > >

> > > Shortly, harassing a small part of the community because the want to be sure the players who want to play with ( mostly due to the poor lfg/inspect tools ) is, imho, not right.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > wrong way around, in game non dps meter users don't give a kitten that meter users are using meters. As we know fine well the issue is that _some _ meter users abuse other people based on a 1 dimensional gaming aspect. Worsr, some people use it as their personal kitten meter..and so on and so forth.

>

> In game as here on forum those who don't use dps meter complain about those who use it, those who look for a specific class with a specific build, those who don't take them in raid because not enough LI, and so on.

>

> The wanna be elitists are imho the problem, not the real elitists ( as well as those who tend to put a blame on other and can't admit that they sucks or simply make mystakes ).

a non meter user do not complain about meter users because they dont use meters, they don't care about meters. A raid that advertises with meters is a given, we are obviously talking about scenarios where everyone is free to pick their own gaming style, not a scenario where a groups is advertising with [rule set x]

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > Game will be better with this. Just like dps meters made it better.

> > > > > That's a very subjective point of view.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > That's what anet thinks currently.

> > >

> > > Really? Anet thinks that DPS meters made their game better? Hmmm

> >

> > Thay allowed them. They wouldn't allow something they find as bad for the game.

>

> Making the game bad is one thing. Saying that some third-party tool makes the game better is saying something completely different. Again, as I said before this is a subjective point of view. You seem to feel that these things make GW2 better, and that's probably true for you. Others in numerous threads have argued counter to your point.

>

>

Actually I think dps meters are wrong and anet disrespects player privacy allowing these tools to spy on me without my knowledge or consent. However, Chris Cleary stated they don't find it an issue. This means my opinion is irrelevant and I am going to follow Anet's infinite wisdom in their actions, endorsing all their decisions.

Since dps meters are allowed and blessed by game creators, since they failed to provide build templates but allowed 3rd party, unsupervised dev to give us such tool, they should also allow gearchecking on daily basis. Clearly, they don't see a problem with disrespecting player privacy.

> a non meter user do not complain about meter users because they dont use meters

Did you mean because the do use meters right?

If so, you are wrong ( just read this thread or any other thread about dps meter and elitism related stuff ).

If people don't care to play with those who instead would like to use a dps meter, there won't be a problem at all.

But instead here we are, and the fact that the topic is still a problem only shows hypocrisy.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Actually I think dps meters are wrong and anet disrespects player privacy allowing these tools to spy on me without my knowledge or consent. However, Chris Cleary stated they don't find it an issue. This means my opinion is irrelevant and I am going to follow Anet's infinite wisdom in their actions, endorsing all their decisions.

>

> Since dps meters are allowed and blessed by game creators, since they failed to provide build templates but allowed 3rd party, unsupervised dev to give us such tool, they should also allow gearchecking on daily basis. Clearly, they don't see a problem with disrespecting player privacy.

Allow me to apologize for my assumptions, then. ;)

I do find agreement with your concerns in regards to player privacy.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > a non meter user do not complain about meter users because they dont use meters

>

> Did you mean because the do use meters right?

> If so, you are wrong ( just read this thread or any other thread about dps meter and elitism related stuff ).

no i meant what i said (its pretty obvious) if you don't use a meter you patently don't care about them or feel the need to try and quantify other players game play choices. I.E the old 'he doesn't want to use meters so he must be a bad player want to be an elitist/freeload blah blah blah' negative subjective arguments were starting to ooze out of the cracks again

> > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > a non meter user do not complain about meter users because they dont use meters

> >

> > Did you mean because the do use meters right?

> > If so, you are wrong ( just read this thread or any other thread about dps meter and elitism related stuff ).

>

> no i meant what i said (its pretty obvious) if you don't use a meter you patently don't care about them or feel the need to try and quantify other players gameplay choices.

It seemed that the one who didn't use the dps meters were the dps meter used, that why i asked.

Btw as said before, just feel free to browse the forum.

Also the part i edited before you replied

>If people don't care to play with those who instead would like to use a dps meter, there won't be a problem at all.

But instead here we are, and the fact that the topic is still a problem only shows hypocrisy.

And you can't deny it.

There's no effort nor respect in what i see ( not you obviously, but those who put blame on elitists ).

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > a non meter user do not complain about meter users because they dont use meters

> > >

> > > Did you mean because the do use meters right?

> > > If so, you are wrong ( just read this thread or any other thread about dps meter and elitism related stuff ).

> >

> > no i meant what i said (its pretty obvious) if you don't use a meter you patently don't care about them or feel the need to try and quantify other players gameplay choices.

>

> It seemed that the one who didn't use the dps meters were the dps meter used, that why i asked.

> Btw as said before, just feel free to browse the forum.

>

> Also the part i edited before you replied

>

> >If people don't care to play with those who instead would like to use a dps meter, there won't be a problem at all.

> But instead here we are, and the fact that the topic is still a problem only shows hypocrisy.

>

> And you can't deny it.

> There's no effort nor respect in what i see ( not you obviously, but those who put blame on elitists ).

well no, because a (bad) meter user 'may' abuse others 'more' based on a quantification through a tool which will have interpretation in bad spirit. A Bad non meter user will still be a bad user but they wont have access to a tool that deliberately measures the performance of other people that have no interest in being measured (and lets knock the usual strawman out of the way and say all the players are equally skilled, and the groups was not advertised with any requirements)

That's the issue, meters empower bad players to be worse, and potentially encourage other players to be 'more' badly behaved through misinterpretation, peer pressure or worse.

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > a non meter user do not complain about meter users because they dont use meters

> > > >

> > > > Did you mean because the do use meters right?

> > > > If so, you are wrong ( just read this thread or any other thread about dps meter and elitism related stuff ).

> > >

> > > no i meant what i said (its pretty obvious) if you don't use a meter you patently don't care about them or feel the need to try and quantify other players gameplay choices.

> >

> > It seemed that the one who didn't use the dps meters were the dps meter used, that why i asked.

> > Btw as said before, just feel free to browse the forum.

> >

> > Also the part i edited before you replied

> >

> > >If people don't care to play with those who instead would like to use a dps meter, there won't be a problem at all.

> > But instead here we are, and the fact that the topic is still a problem only shows hypocrisy.

> >

> > And you can't deny it.

> > There's no effort nor respect in what i see ( not you obviously, but those who put blame on elitists ).

>

> well no, because a (bad) meter user 'may' abuse others 'more' based on a quantification through a tool which will have interpretation in bad spirit. A Bad non meter user will still be a bad user but they wont have access to a tool that deliberately measures the performance of other people that have no interest in being measured (and lets knock the strawman to the head and say all the players are equally skilled)

>

But since, hypothetically speaking, those who don't use dps mater play with the same kind of players, there won't be a problem.

* 5% of the playerbase use dps meter.

* that small part advertise in their LFG that they use dps meter and what class/build are they looking for.

* In order not to waste time and effort, they also ask for a currency link ( LI )or equip link ( ascended socketed equip ).

I mean, how could the 2 worlds collide?

Obviously there's no way they can, but the fact to see the whole LFG full of

* Sellers

* Elitists

* Wanna be Elitists

discourages the casual, who accuses the elitists because they have tools to find what they search in order to save time.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > a non meter user do not complain about meter users because they dont use meters

> > > > >

> > > > > Did you mean because the do use meters right?

> > > > > If so, you are wrong ( just read this thread or any other thread about dps meter and elitism related stuff ).

> > > >

> > > > no i meant what i said (its pretty obvious) if you don't use a meter you patently don't care about them or feel the need to try and quantify other players gameplay choices.

> > >

> > > It seemed that the one who didn't use the dps meters were the dps meter used, that why i asked.

> > > Btw as said before, just feel free to browse the forum.

> > >

> > > Also the part i edited before you replied

> > >

> > > >If people don't care to play with those who instead would like to use a dps meter, there won't be a problem at all.

> > > But instead here we are, and the fact that the topic is still a problem only shows hypocrisy.

> > >

> > > And you can't deny it.

> > > There's no effort nor respect in what i see ( not you obviously, but those who put blame on elitists ).

> >

> > well no, because a (bad) meter user 'may' abuse others 'more' based on a quantification through a tool which will have interpretation in bad spirit. A Bad non meter user will still be a bad user but they wont have access to a tool that deliberately measures the performance of other people that have no interest in being measured (and lets knock the strawman to the head and say all the players are equally skilled)

> >

>

> But since, hypothetically speaking, those who don't use dps mater play with the same kind of players, there won't be a problem.

>

> * 5% of the playerbase use dps meter.

> * that small part advertise in their LFG that they use dps meter and what class/build are they looking for.

> * In order not to waste time and effort, they also ask for a currency link ( LI )or equip link ( ascended socketed equip ).

>

> I mean, how could the 2 worlds collide?

> Obviously there's no way they can, but the fact to see the whole LFG full of

>

> * Sellers

> * Elitists

> * Wanna be Elitists

>

> discourages the casual, who accuses the elitists because they have tools to find what they search in order to save time.

I agree, but yes it does happen because badly behaved players join pugs with no requirements. Furthermore, badly behaved players who abuse meters disproportionately negatively impact the experience of others, we have all seen it. And bve careful with 'wanna be Elitist' that's just a convenient label for a bad player simply put.

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > a non meter user do not complain about meter users because they dont use meters

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Did you mean because the do use meters right?

> > > > > > If so, you are wrong ( just read this thread or any other thread about dps meter and elitism related stuff ).

> > > > >

> > > > > no i meant what i said (its pretty obvious) if you don't use a meter you patently don't care about them or feel the need to try and quantify other players gameplay choices.

> > > >

> > > > It seemed that the one who didn't use the dps meters were the dps meter used, that why i asked.

> > > > Btw as said before, just feel free to browse the forum.

> > > >

> > > > Also the part i edited before you replied

> > > >

> > > > >If people don't care to play with those who instead would like to use a dps meter, there won't be a problem at all.

> > > > But instead here we are, and the fact that the topic is still a problem only shows hypocrisy.

> > > >

> > > > And you can't deny it.

> > > > There's no effort nor respect in what i see ( not you obviously, but those who put blame on elitists ).

> > >

> > > well no, because a (bad) meter user 'may' abuse others 'more' based on a quantification through a tool which will have interpretation in bad spirit. A Bad non meter user will still be a bad user but they wont have access to a tool that deliberately measures the performance of other people that have no interest in being measured (and lets knock the strawman to the head and say all the players are equally skilled)

> > >

> >

> > But since, hypothetically speaking, those who don't use dps mater play with the same kind of players, there won't be a problem.

> >

> > * 5% of the playerbase use dps meter.

> > * that small part advertise in their LFG that they use dps meter and what class/build are they looking for.

> > * In order not to waste time and effort, they also ask for a currency link ( LI )or equip link ( ascended socketed equip ).

> >

> > I mean, how could the 2 worlds collide?

> > Obviously there's no way they can, but the fact to see the whole LFG full of

> >

> > * Sellers

> > * Elitists

> > * Wanna be Elitists

> >

> > discourages the casual, who accuses the elitists because they have tools to find what they search in order to save time.

>

> I agree, but yes it does happen because badly behaved players join pugs with no requirements. **Furthermore, badly behaved players who abuse meters disproportionately negatively impact the experience of others, we have all seen it**

Yeah, that's the point.