Deadeye Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch

Karl McLain.5604

One thing that bugs me is that questionable "refresh your mark on kill" decision. The trait is baseline minor no less. Deadeye seems to be advertised as an assassin, a patient stalker with strong single target pressure. BUT then there's that shoddy trait that focuses on a questionable idea of bursting numerous weak enemies in a group, as oposed to patiently wearing down and eliminating a strong enemy. It would seem legit if it was a choosable major to alternate deadeye's style for an enviroment it's not prepared for, but baseline? And hindering mark's, deadeye's main combat mechanic, effectiveness using THAT shady trait as one of the excuses?

I don't even really mind the 1/2 s cast time, but the kill refresh is not an excuse. Honestly, take that trash away and give us something actually deadeye-ish to work with to excuse that annoying out of nowhere cast time, please, so we don't feel like we were tuned down to balance out aspects that we might not give a single flying fuck about in half of the combat situations.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they add something like ammo mechanic instead to rifle. Like you make 5 shots, then use the skill to reload which (possibly) roots u in place or slows movement (gives cripple, or just makes u 2x slower) for some time (like 2-3 seconds) or something.

Whould have been much more fun and tactical positioning involved.

Also would not conflict that much with overall game design built around movement.

Seriously? You nerfed the main damage ability by 16%? You realize I can already seriously outdps (in sPvP games) this build with even off meta builds like P/D Condi Daredevil and LB/GS Power Druid, right? Some current meta specs completely blow it out of the water. If you didn't like that people weren't using Death's Judgement, maybe you should have looked into why it isn't being used. Could it be that the telegraph on it is absolutely ridiculous and it gets dodged half the time? Maybe removing the giant dodge me laser would have been a better way to make it more used.

This kind of makes me angry. Maybe I should have checked the forums before pre-ordering the expansion last night. Any know what Anet's return policy on games bought directly through them is?

A couple of suggestions if the devs are still looking for feedback on deadeye:

_Traits_

Deadeye's Gaze: Fine as is.

Revealed Malice: Fine as is.

Iron Sight: Should reduce incoming damage by 10% while kneeling.

One in the Chamber: Should reduce the recharge of cantrips by 20% also.

Renewing Gaze: Fine as is

Silent Scope: Remove the skill change to sniper's cover (we'll come back to this). Increased rifle critical hit chance while kneeling (same as now). Rifle shots pierce up to 2 targets (making them able to hit up to 3 total).

Unforgiving: Fine as is

Peripheral Vision: Fine as is

Perfectionist: Fine as is

Maleficent Seven: Fine as is

Be Quick or be killed: Gain 3s quickness when stunning or knocking down a target (ICD 10 seconds). Remove the bonus to power an precision while under the effects of quickness. Deal 10% more damage to stunned and knocked down targets (and creatures with a broken break bar).

Fire for effect: Grant 5s of might to allies around your target when you hit your target with a rifle skill (Radius: 360). Rifle Skills deal extra damage to your target for each stack of vulnerability on your target (0.5%).

_Rifle Skills_

Brutal Aim: Fine as is

Deadly Aim: Fine as is

Cursed Bullet: Have it stun your target (1s), but leave it at the current damage and projectile speed to make it dodgeable

Skirmishers Shot: Fine as is

Spotters Shot: Fine as is

Double Tap: Fine as is

Three Round Burst: Fine as is

Death's Retreat: Fine as is

Death's Judgement: Fine as is

Kneel: Remove the count for this. Leave at 1 initiative

Free Action: Remove this. Jumping or moving should break the kneel like using killshot with warrior. Put in Sniper's Cover for 3 initiative and with a 0.5 second cast time, so the overall time to kneel and stealth is 0.75 seconds for counterplay. Leave the charge count on this skill.

_Cantrips_

Malicious Restoration: Reduce CD to 25 seconds (so it can be 20 when traited with the new One in the chamber)

Binding Shadow: Fine as is

Mercy: Reduce CD to 20 seconds since it's resetting your malice

Shadow Flare: Have it leave a dark field too

Shadow Gust: Reduce CD to 30 seconds

Shadow Meld: Fine as is

Anyway, I think some of these changes could help Deadeye and keep it unique compared to P/P