Scourge Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

Yeah...I'm rather dubious of the idea that Anet employees are hopping on and making false-flag posts complaining about other classes simply to discredit necromancer complaining. I have yet to see the devs say, "Hey, look at those other guys, they're complaining too! You're fine!"

Every MMO forum ever is full of posts bitching that their class is the worst class, devs hate them, why do we even play this game, etc. That's not unique to GW2.

Usually the devs just ignore us or give us their "vision" of the class that utterly fails to work in actual gameplay. "You're the class that's relentless and hard to kill and wears your opponent down!" Except we get bursted down in PvP because the ability to facetank two more hits than an ele or mesmer is _far_ inferior to active damage avoidance / mitigation, and the idea that we "wear our opponents down" suggests that we should be at or near the top when it comes to PvE condition damage..._and we're not and never have been._

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Ara.4569 said:

> They might be ANet employees trying to discredit legitimate necro claims in the eyes of unsuspecting people.

> That's common practice when you want to manipulate the general opinion.

That's stupid. It's not common practice on balance patches. A class not being as good is not that important for the game as a whole.

Source: I work in the industry (albeit not for Arenanet, but I do know employés).

Yes, Necro is, pve wise, in the worst spot of all classes. But most people do not only play one class, remember? For most people, it's not a big deal, they reroll. A company has no reason to use alt accounts for stuff like this.

All posts like yours do is make legitimate complaints look insane by you agreeing with them. So, if anything, the only post in this thread that could be a "false flag" is yours. Let that sink in ;)

>@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

>And yet, they still both claim ANet hates them.

Yes, people that have everything tend to want even more. That's human. Unfortunately, it's completely irrelevant to the facts. Try sticking to those.

> @Yuyuske.7182 said:

> Yeah...I'm rather dubious of the idea that Anet employees are hopping on and making false-flag posts complaining about other classes simply to discredit necromancer complaining. I have yet to see the devs say, "Hey, look at those other guys, they're complaining too! You're fine!"

>

> Every MMO forum ever is full of posts bitching that their class is the worst class, devs hate them, why do we even play this game, etc. That's not unique to GW2.

>

> Usually the devs just ignore us or give us their "vision" of the class that utterly fails to work in actual gameplay. "You're the class that's relentless and hard to kill and wears your opponent down!" Except we get bursted down in PvP because the ability to facetank two more hits than an ele or mesmer is _far_ inferior to active damage avoidance / mitigation, and the idea that we "wear our opponents down" suggests that we should be at or near the top when it comes to PvE condition damage..._and we're not and never have been._

It's a comedy of errors, we're selfish and the power creep....fear the power creep, such absurdity. I'd really like a Dev to come on and give us the build/rotation that makes them think we are god like. I mean how is it even possible for anyone to even think that lol! I would love to see the balance numbers used to justify any of this, and while we are being honest get a grip on this....not everyone plays PvP or WvW so stop castrating classes based on that nonsense, do what's right and put the time in to split skills. This balance change reeks of PvP biased goals. We don't all play PvP it may be the balance team's preferred play style but you don't speak for all of us, and you certainly shouldn't balance a game that way!

The so called "core and Reaper changes" are out, and they basically do not change anything. Except making flashing Death shroud more awkward and Reaper slightly more squishy. *sigh*

Edit :

>Revenant

>The renegade specialization can now be unlocked when playing through Path of Fire.

>Vengeful Hammers: Fixed a bug that displayed incorrect healing values.

>Precision Strike: Increased damage done by this skill by 10% in PvE game modes.

>Unrelenting Assault: Increased damage done by this skill by 10% in PvE game modes.

THIS. THIS IS FUCKING INSULTING. Buffs for PvE only. PVE ONLY. But they couldn't be assed to make the Scourge nerfs WvW only?! WHAT. THE. FUCK.

> @Shiki.7148 said:

> The so called "core and Reaper changes" are out, and they basically do not change anything. Except making flashing Death shroud more awkward and Reaper slightly more squishy. *sigh*

>

> Edit :

> >Revenant

> >The renegade specialization can now be unlocked when playing through Path of Fire.

> >Vengeful Hammers: Fixed a bug that displayed incorrect healing values.

> >Precision Strike: Increased damage done by this skill by 10% in PvE game modes.

> >Unrelenting Assault: Increased damage done by this skill by 10% in PvE game modes.

>

> THIS. THIS IS kitten INSULTING. Buffs for PvE only. PVE ONLY. But they couldn't be assed to make the Scourge nerfs WvW only?! WHAT. THE. kitten.

This is barely a buff to PvE. For one, reaper shorud is always a DPS loss to camping greatsword, so reaper's onslaught is useless until they buff reaper shroud autoattacks and soul spural significantly for power builds.

Second, Cold Shoulder is a 10% damage increase to chilled foes only. The uptime on chill for necromancer is abysmal, aand in raids few classes outside necromancer even apply chill since the only other class that applied chill is power rev, and power rev is just as in a bad state, so no one will take power rev to raids.

As a result, the uptime of chill for necromancer on a target is 2 second chill for about every 2.5 seconds of autoattack assuming your slow casts are never interrupted by boss mechanics. That's an 80% uptime on chill ONLY BY AUTOATTACKING. If you use any other skill, say gravedigger, uptime plummets.

That 10% from cold shoulder translates to a pitiful 5-6% on average. It should have been changed to a damage increase on vulnerable targets as well.

Soul Eater should be moved to adept tier.

> @Zenith.7301 said:

> > @Shiki.7148 said:

> > The so called "core and Reaper changes" are out, and they basically do not change anything. Except making flashing Death shroud more awkward and Reaper slightly more squishy. *sigh*

> >

> > Edit :

> > >Revenant

> > >The renegade specialization can now be unlocked when playing through Path of Fire.

> > >Vengeful Hammers: Fixed a bug that displayed incorrect healing values.

> > >Precision Strike: Increased damage done by this skill by 10% in PvE game modes.

> > >Unrelenting Assault: Increased damage done by this skill by 10% in PvE game modes.

> >

> > THIS. THIS IS kitten INSULTING. Buffs for PvE only. PVE ONLY. But they couldn't be assed to make the Scourge nerfs WvW only?! WHAT. THE. kitten.

>

> This is barely a buff to PvE. For one, reaper shorud is always a DPS loss to camping greatsword, so reaper's onslaught is useless until they buff reaper shroud autoattacks and soul spural significantly for power builds.

>

> Second, Cold Shoulder is a 10% damage increase to chilled foes only. The uptime on chill for necromancer is abysmal, aand in raids few classes outside necromancer even apply chill since the only other class that applied chill is power rev, and power rev is just as in a bad state, so no one will take power rev to raids.

>

> As a result, the uptime of chill for necromancer on a target is 2 second chill for about every 2.5 seconds of autoattack assuming your slow casts are never interrupted by boss mechanics. That's an 80% uptime on chill ONLY BY AUTOATTACKING. If you use any other skill, say gravedigger, uptime plummets.

>

> That 10% from cold shoulder translates to a pitiful 5-6% on average. It should have been changed to a damage increase on vulnerable targets as well.

>

> Soul Eater should be moved to adept tier.

It isn't that it is abrely a buff, it is that they made it a buff that is only in effect in fucking PvE for Revenent, when they, for a WvW only issue, nerfed Scourge in every single game mode, instead of doing a "Retains old values for shades in PvE only" for that. THAT is my issue.

> @Shiki.7148 said:

> > @Zenith.7301 said:

> > > @Shiki.7148 said:

> > > The so called "core and Reaper changes" are out, and they basically do not change anything. Except making flashing Death shroud more awkward and Reaper slightly more squishy. *sigh*

> > >

> > > Edit :

> > > >Revenant

> > > >The renegade specialization can now be unlocked when playing through Path of Fire.

> > > >Vengeful Hammers: Fixed a bug that displayed incorrect healing values.

> > > >Precision Strike: Increased damage done by this skill by 10% in PvE game modes.

> > > >Unrelenting Assault: Increased damage done by this skill by 10% in PvE game modes.

> > >

> > > THIS. THIS IS kitten INSULTING. Buffs for PvE only. PVE ONLY. But they couldn't be assed to make the Scourge nerfs WvW only?! WHAT. THE. kitten.

> >

> > This is barely a buff to PvE. For one, reaper shorud is always a DPS loss to camping greatsword, so reaper's onslaught is useless until they buff reaper shroud autoattacks and soul spural significantly for power builds.

> >

> > Second, Cold Shoulder is a 10% damage increase to chilled foes only. The uptime on chill for necromancer is abysmal, aand in raids few classes outside necromancer even apply chill since the only other class that applied chill is power rev, and power rev is just as in a bad state, so no one will take power rev to raids.

> >

> > As a result, the uptime of chill for necromancer on a target is 2 second chill for about every 2.5 seconds of autoattack assuming your slow casts are never interrupted by boss mechanics. That's an 80% uptime on chill ONLY BY AUTOATTACKING. If you use any other skill, say gravedigger, uptime plummets.

> >

> > That 10% from cold shoulder translates to a pitiful 5-6% on average. It should have been changed to a damage increase on vulnerable targets as well.

> >

> > Soul Eater should be moved to adept tier.

>

> It isn't that it is abrely a buff, it is that they made it a buff that is only in effect in kitten PvE for Revenent, when they, for a WvW only issue, nerfed Scourge in every single game mode, instead of doing a "Retains old values for kitten in PvE only" for that. THAT is my issue.

They talk about balance splits, but they avoid split balancing like the plague because clearly it's too much work for the handful of them to fit in their busy schedules coming up with new skills and mechanics for the next expansion sale.

Im telling u all crybabys now, i went strait to the testing golem, got 15k with my shitty pve build that i made myself. Switched to scourge without the sand savant... soul reaping and curses ofc, got to 25k dps with realistic buffs. Got food in the end with random rotation got 29k dps. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF https://imgur.com/a/HVDOo (28k with my second try)

> @Josh.4016 said:

> # Life force generation still kitten.

This is the key issue I have with Necro.

* Why does thief get a timed mana mechanic (initiative) that can even be generated by using skills?

* Necro has to kill things, how do they do this in a 1v1 situation?

* Traits and Utility skills that allow [mana mechanic] generation are extraordinarily low.

## SUMMARY

* Soul Marks Trait: 3% for marks. It's ok in WvW where you can bang it on a tightly packed group but weak on single targets.

* Signet of Undeath: 2% every 3s is weak AND slow... 3seconds?! The fight could be over by then. Does anybody run this?

IMO these should be brought up to the level of other classes core mechanics. Let's use Thief as the measuring stick.

> @Svarty.8019 said:

> > @Josh.4016 said:

> > # Life force generation still kitten.

>

> This is the key issue I have with Necro.

> * Why does thief get a timed mana mechanic (initiative) that can even be generated by using skills?

> * Necro has to kill things, how do they do this in a 1v1 situation?

> * Traits and Utility skills that allow [mana mechanic] generation are extraordinarily low.

>

> ## SUMMARY

> * Soul Marks Trait: 3% for marks. It's ok in WvW where you can bang it on a tightly packed group but weak on single targets.

> * Signet of Undeath: 2% every 3s is weak AND slow... 3seconds?! The fight could be over by then. Does anybody run this?

>

> IMO these should be brought up to the level of other classes core mechanics. Let's use Thief as the measuring stick.

Soul Marks is 3% when the mark triggers, not hits. This means that whether you land it on one or five, you still get the same life force.

On the other hand, if the mark is evaded or blinded, you still get the life force.