Renegade Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

> @Ealandur.1876 said:

> > @aimz.6287 said:

> > @otto.5684. Okay listen man it was just me explain to idiots that 50 stack bleeds is really impressive, think of the 25% condition duration and the 20% more dmg to bleeds trait and then using kalla ferver 20% that's amazing!!! Don't get me wrong renegade is not going to be amazing in pvp functions but it's pve dmg will definitely be outstanding. With pvp I agree to an extent that it's going to be hard honestly I think the devs want a lot of diversity in the community herald could be for pvp/wvw renegade could be for pve if u use renegade for pvp and complain it sucksas a whole ur a joke because in all reality it's probably the best dmg in pve and vice Versa as in if you play herald in raids people are going to hate u because why would u make the team kitten.... just go renegade.... does that make sense.... they are both elite specs renegade doesn't trump herald and herald doesn't trump renegade it's about what is best in that current situation Oh yea and they don't get the tick dmg u do they just supply it. As in for example if u throw down ur spirit and then ur allies start attacking they do not get the bleed ticks ALL 50 stacks is urs... I was in pvp with carrion gear I dropped my spirit down and literally just stood there IN PVP I WILL REMIND U WITH NO BUFFS GETTING 20k ticks because 5 people around me got the bleeds up to the 80s with that being said if u don't think the devs are being fair to the community get over ur self or go play bdo because we don't need your grief all 50 stacks is for the renegade u will do mega dmg... herald for pvp, renegade for pve it's all about the.......THE CURRENT SITUATION!!!!!!!!!! GET IT IN UR BRAIN..... DIVERSITY PEOPLE.... DIVERSITY.... Also I'm extremely tired right now so if I have grammar errors get over urself anyways I'm out PCE OUT SUCCERS HAHAHAHAHA.... fr tho pce out stop being a hater... k.... pce

>

>

> Let's do a little Math before you call out people like that shall we ?

>

> Razorclaw's Rage is a Buff given to 5 people lasting 10 seconds, pulsing every Second. Having a 15 seconds CD and Costing 25 Energy.

> This Skills can get up to 27'350 damage (with 50 Stacks of Bleed), coming from 4s Bleeds at 547 Damage.

>

> Now, you do know that the Elite Soulcleave's Summit is COMPLETELY Overshadowing Razorclaw's Rage ?, I'm sure you do, BUT it is also overshadowed by another "Basic" Skill alone, which is Echoing Eruption (Mace 3).

>

> Now let us see why, shall we ?

> Echoing Eruption is at 16'293 Damage (only counting the Torment it puts), Coming from 5 Torment Stacks lasting 20 Seconds.

> It's costs are 5 Energy and 8 Seconds CD.

>

> Now, compare the two and tell me WHY I should waste my energy on Razorclaw's Rage.

> I hope for your own sake that you can see beyond the "Hype" and see Reality as it is, that being that Renegade is not that great besides the Kalla Stacks and the Elite, not that great at all.

> Oh and also, Power Revenant will get Power Creeped by the other Elites in PvP and WvW Environments.

> So in the end, yeah we can do Raids, but that doesn't mean we are in a good position, because in reality many of the core features of Revenant DO Need Buffs, at least enough to compensate the Nerfs that the Class got in these years.

>

>

> I don't want to finish on a bad note, so... have a Nice PoF Start !

>

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJApnnXMjcNDlNjtND2ND8NDFUlKNAKgE4fETxXE-jVSAQBhU5XXVDYd7AERVfk2JAwLLPAgHAAbVCGQ9AkCAilVA-w

> For the Numbers, the Sigil of Agony is only there to see what we got when the Trait "Blood Fury" is active.

The reason to use razorclaw's is simple, it sticks around when you switch to mallyx, the elite doesn't. My guess is that you will want to have razorclaw up all the time. The elite is nice burst but I seriously doubt it will ultimately be more dps to dump all your energy into it when it's upkeep is at -9, the training dummy will give us the answers, and QTFY will be at the bottom of this within a few weeks at most I am sure.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sticks around, I know that, but common, trading so much Energy on that skill instead of something else is Really not worth it, the skill is extremely weak and you don't need QTFY to tell you things that you can see yourself with simple Math and Logic.

It's nice to have hope for the Renegade and I do to, but we need to address the problems if we see them as soon as possible and not wait another couple of **[**_Insert Time_**]** for it to be fixed.

If we want good changes for any issue that pops up, be it a Profession that we don't play or even a Game Mode that we don't play, then we must react to it honestly if we seek a better Future for the Game.

> @"Ardent Heretic.8216" said:

> > @guildabd.6529 said:

> > > @"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

> > > * Razorclaw's Rage: Added a removal limiter on the unique buff to prevent it from blowing out. Now has a maximum grant of 50 stacks of bleeding over 10 seconds if affecting 5 allies.

> > So 10 stacks bleeding per ally?

> >

> >

>

> That appears to be the case. Also, I believe the Devspeak regarding the "removal limiter" means that the buff which applies the bleed won't be removed if your ally attacks while the buff is on its internal cd. Otherwise, an ally could "blow out" all their stacks without actually applying the bleeds.

> I am curious to know if the stacks will be removed when an attack is blocked/evaded, however. My assumption is that it will.

Thank you very vey much for this explanation. For the life of me i could not figure out what this meant

> > @aimz.6287 said:

>

> Last, I do not care how many stacks of bleed you put. If the ally is not condi build the value drops to obsecurity real quick.

>

Just a quick thing. The bleeding inflicted by the buff is actually based on the casters (revs) stats in this particular case.

Also i think that it is ok that this sec is more pve focused and not that useful in pvp. Herald is an absolute amazing spec for pvp and wvw but pve was where the rev was really lacking relative to other classes.

> @Ealandur.1876 said:

> It sticks around, I know that, but common, trading so much Energy on that skill instead of something else is Really not worth it, the skill is extremely weak and you don't need QTFY to tell you things that you can see yourself with simple Math and Logic.

>

> It's nice to have hope for the Renegade and I do to, but we need to address the problems if we see them as soon as possible and not wait another couple of **[**_Insert Time_**]** for it to be fixed.

>

> If we want good changes for any issue that pops up, be it a Profession that we don't play or even a Game Mode that we don't play, then we must react to it honestly if we seek a better Future for the Game.

I agree that you should call em like you see em, I just disagree with the notion that Kalla's elite is all that and a bag of chips.

> @sleight.9638 said:

> Has the Blood Fury bug been fixed, that prevented it from granting the Bleeding Duration Bonus?

Nope it's not fixed.

Which is really disappointing as this was the first thing i reported after 5 minutes after launch of beta testing.

Which would have been 3 minutes if I didn't dc on my 1st report attempt.

> @sleight.9638 said:

> > @sleight.9638 said:

> > Has the Blood Fury bug been fixed, that prevented it from granting the Bleeding Duration Bonus?

>

> Nope it's not fixed.

> Which is really disappointing as this was the first thing i reported after 5 minutes after launch of beta testing.

> Which would have been 3 minutes if I didn't dc on my 1st report attempt.

GDI!!!! this was THE #1 problem WTH ANET

You know I reported this in the bugs forum on Saturday morning of the PvPWvW demo weekend as well, and they must have ignored it. My first thought was maybe it's working but just not applying to the tooltip. So I ran arc dps and just auto-attacked with and without the trait. IT HAD NO EFFECT, IT'S BROKEN. This time I am going to make a youtube video and link it in the bugs forum as well as here, just as soon as I get online after work. Son of a kitten.

> @otto.5684 said:

>

>

> > @aimz.6287 said:

> > FOR EVERYONE SAYING THAT THE BLEEDS ISNT GOOD IS STUPID LOL, First thing is first, 50 stacks of bleed WILL ALWAYS happen you will always have 50 stacks, people hit 10 attacks at least every 10 secs easily 50 will stack condi warrior stacks 30 bleeds for 10k imagine 20 more bleeds.... ur gonna be doing like 15-18k bleeds guys.... stop complaining use ur Brain.... renegade REVENANTs dmg will be amazing in pve really really good. Now imagine 15k torment 12k burning 15k bleeds 4K poison 46k JUST CONDITIONS and revenants power dmg is also really impressive the dmg will be impressive all u haters will see you guys just don't open up ur mind

>

> Lol... I can apply this logic to any shareable skill, including passive auras, and will get he same result if not even better. This is clearly not how you measure anything.

>

> First, this will never happen anywhere in PvP. In fact this utility in particular should never ever be used in PvP at all. If you are not reserving all your energy for daze + CC break utility you are not going to last very long.

>

> Second how does this compare to other alternative skills? This comes at the cost of soulcleave. Really hard sell to use here considering soulcleave damage and sustainability.

>

> Last, I do not care how many stacks of bleed you put. If the ally is not condi build the value drops to obsecurity real quick.

>

> I won't go as far as calling this utility terrible, but there is a much better alternative in almost every situation in every game mode.

>

I haven't metered this yet... Is it confirmed that the bleeds use your allies stats like Sunspirit's burns do? Or do they use your stats like Thief's poisons do?

> @Jthug.9506 said:

> > @sleight.9638 said:

> > > @sleight.9638 said:

> > > Has the Blood Fury bug been fixed, that prevented it from granting the Bleeding Duration Bonus?

> >

> > Nope it's not fixed.

> > Which is really disappointing as this was the first thing i reported after 5 minutes after launch of beta testing.

> > Which would have been 3 minutes if I didn't dc on my 1st report attempt.

>

> GDI!!!! this was THE #1 problem WTH ANET

>

> You know I reported this in the bugs forum on Saturday morning of the PvPWvW demo weekend as well, and they must have ignored it. My first thought was maybe it's working but just not applying to the tooltip. So I ran arc dps and just auto-attacked with and without the trait. IT HAD NO EFFECT, IT'S BROKEN. This time I am going to make a youtube video and link it in the bugs forum as well as here, just as soon as I get online after work. Son of a kitten.

As has been well-documented on these forums in the past, **Alacrity is of little-to-no use for Revs** because the inherent energy management means we are relegated to using one upkeep skill and auto-attacking until the legend swap recharges. Since the Devs seem determined to cram alacrity down our throats, I propose adding or modifying the functionality to any one of the currently underwhelming Renegade traits to _"While under the effects of Alacrity, all skills cost 5 less energy."_

Thoughts?