Season starts 16th so...when balance patch?

Mr Godlike.6098

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"dagger dave.5201" said:

> > Mid season makes a lot of sense lol

>

> The competitive team has been pushing to get more frequent balance patches, but we've also decreased the off-season time from 4 weeks to 2.

>

> In the end, we decided that getting more frequent balance is worth the mid-season shake-ups.

I like how they decided to arbitrarily reduce the window between seasons knowing full well that anet's bonemeal crew couldn't keep up with a mirrored update pace. Ben's follow-up reply to this is just further admittance that the team can't deliver and how everyone knows it despite the random season downtime change. Randomly scheduled R8 updates, boys. I kind of want to see the effects, though.

> @"Devilman.1532" said:

> Hey look at his way folks we got screwed again as usual with no balance patch but we got BRAND NEW GEM STORE trash to waste money on lol http://dulfy.net/2018/01/16/gw2-gemstore-update-summit-chevon-springer-sandshark-finisher/

>

Of course we did. The Gem Store is the only thing in this game that gets frequent attention and updates to it. Everything else has to fester for months before the hope of a change.

Im not a prominent member of the community, and even if I was it would not matter... but let me just say this:

I think that the whole pvp/balance staff has the next season and the one after (very-very maybe the one after that, but thats unlikely) to get their shit together. I dont want to say bad things about Ben or any other member of Anet in charge, and I do undersand that its not that easy to clean up shit left for him by his predecessors. So I think the community should be a little more patient with him.

However if this 'new guy, new spvp' hype does not deliver real improvements in the next 2 seasons, we can confirm - without a doubt - that this is just an other 'all talk, no meaningful outcome' scenario. Where the lack of work, dedication and vision are only covered by extensive forum activity and marketing tricks. Without a shred of real intent to improve or change anything. Just sell us the feeling that 'its on the way'.

Anet has probably taken this 'they will play this game anyway cuz other MMOs are even worse' attitude too far. For quite a while it was a true statement in my case, but enough is enough.

You got some heavy weights on ur shoulders Ben... and I'm really curious if you are able to carry them or if you pick them up at all in the first place.

To my best knowledge - no company or developer has done this. So this is a great chance for Anet (and for Ben personally) to stand out. Or just go along with the casual-supporting game design of all other MMOs... we'll see [soon](http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Soon "soon").