Share your necro (solo) roaming experience with me ^^

JustDemons.4358

> @"NekoNoKoi.9137" said:

> * Condi management is pretty meh on reaper imo, but I do sometimes run Plague Signet alongside "Suffer!", because there's something so very satisfying about transferring 15 stacks of confusion.

>

> Also, here's a shameless self-promotion :>[

"https://youtube.com/watch?v=odJo4i8tz5c&ab_channel=Sekikaze")

Thank you for sharing your necro roaming experience with us! The problem i also see and was mentioned in this thread earlier is that you really have to spec agaisnbt certain builds. i often run 4 condi transfers and maybe some duration decrease.. but then i cant win agaisnt boon heavy brawler classes like warriors holo etc. i found myself i am either decent at fighting power/melee classes or i have a shot agaisnt condi builds.

Reaper roaming with 23k hp, 3.2k armor. 60% crit rate. and 2.3k power. GS and Axe/Dagger. Consume Conditions, Suffer, you are all weaklings, a well of choice, and chilled to the bone.

------------------------------

thief (who i've seen following me since i took a camp) descides to ambush me, but because i'm zigzagging as i run around (pretending i dont see him). he misses his backstab (and instead hits my front). so he tries to daze me.

and succeeds. reaper interrupted.

so i go shroud, stun break, movement debuff remove, stability.

hit 3, hit 4. and chase him as he tries to stealth. he pops shadow refuse and i smash it with shroud 5.

he's invisible. but he's low on hp and knows his attack routine failed. so spends a while in stealth. only reason i know he's still there is i'm stuck in combat.

so i continue switching direction to avoid the inevitable backstab. pop a well under me. dodge to make a mark to try to judge when he comes for me. throw chilled to the bone and GS 5 around to try to get lucky.

in the end, no go. combat ended.....

he left at some point, so i continue on my way.

---------------------

2nd encounter. yet another thief, but a daredevil this time (these things so hard to chase down, but i don't care about chasing down. i jsut look to survive)

this guy hits hard, honestly i didn't see him at first. so backstabbed for 8k dmg (armor is a fking lie..... 3.2k armor can be so unreliable vs crits). and then hit with that dam elite skill that stuns and knocks down.

pop shroud, stun break, stability.

hit 3, hit 4. when 4 is done. hit 3 again to fear (not gonna try 5 as daredevil is to hard to hit).

surprisingly, he switches to his 2nd weapon....sword and pistol. and starts....idk the skill (never use sword on my thief), but it stuns and bashes me around. (1 stack of stability....never lasts)

so shroud dies, and i hit "you are all weaklings" to break the stun lock, get some might. and hit GS 4 to get some blind.

thief doesn't respond fast enough and so GS 3 into him recovers enough life force to have shroud at the ready. (i think he missed his daze due to the blind)

tried to pop heal, interrupted. tried to pop chilled to the bone (I NEED STABILITY) and interrupted again.....unsurprisingly he's reading every attack....

switch to my axe/dagger. pop axe 2 to dmg him and get life force. get dazed half way through but enough is enough. pop shroud, break stun, 1 stack stability, hit 2 to chase him, and bash him with a few shroud 1 swings (he popped that daredevil heal while running. guess he got tired of trying to grind me down...or was out of int and had skills on cooldown).

i continue on my way.......seriously annoyed how hard it is to get a decent stack of stability or heal when every reaper skill is so telegraphed that people know when to interrupt.

-------------------------------

the goal with solo necro is to accept your not going to chase down anyone. and instead to make it so annoying to take you down, or so time consuming. that they break off for fear of not being able to.

reaper is my prefered for this reason, that shroud. plus the shouts. and does a decent job discouraging any thief, ranger, engineer, or warrior. even if the elite shout rarely does anything (they evade, or are out of range, or interrupt).

between shroud 4, GS3, Axe 2. i can burst enough dmg to make them nervous, while keeping shroud available for use. and if they stick around can usually kill them. if they run....i can't catch them....

only issues i've had are mesmers, cause they don't mind sticking around for the long brawl. and know that if i try to stick it out i'll only kill myself. just don't have the condition cleanse to deal with their massed confusion. and if they descide to leave, then i'll never know until its to late.

> @"arenta.2953" said:

>even if the elite shout rarely does anything (they evade, or are out of range, or interrupt).

Cast-cancel it right at the beginning of the fight and do this from time to time in the middle of the fight!

It's a great dodge/block bait because of its huge animation which even continues after you canceled the skill.

I finally use this skill when my opponent is in downstate for safe stomping (I don't run Soul Reaping -> Foot in the Grave like you do).

> @"Runiir.6425" said:

> Am I the only one that still uses hybrid reaper?

Hell no!

An idea came up my mind. I tested it and until now, its pretty strong. It survives against power mesmers and makes them retreat, condi mesmers are rough.

You can beat scourges with it

You can kill thiefes, and guardians

You can kill eles if you land your cc

Rangers are rough, cause they can run away easily.

I didnt get to fight a good rev till now, so i cant say anything bout that matchup.

Against ingis it highly depends on the dodges of the photon forge skills.

Warrior depends on how good your dodges are.

Well im still having problems with this build, cause it lets you dodge way more often than im used to. If i get better with the build i might change weapons with more offens stats

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAnYRnc0AdbilbCG3A0biFcBLOL2FHjQXtAwBIarlv+AA-jVCFQBZVJoVU+QVlQyZ/BGcEAaj+Alq+DAeAAL4UAQKgqksB-w

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > Am I the only one that still uses hybrid reaper?

>

> Hell no!

>

> An idea came up my mind. I tested it and until now, its pretty strong. It survives against power mesmers and makes them retreat, condi mesmers are rough.

> You can beat scourges with it

> You can kill thiefes, and guardians

> You can kill eles if you land your cc

> Rangers are rough, cause they can run away easily.

> I didnt get to fight a good rev till now, so i cant say anything bout that matchup.

> Against ingis it highly depends on the dodges of the photon forge skills.

> Warrior depends on how good your dodges are.

>

> Well im still having problems with this build, cause it lets you dodge way more often than im used to. If i get better with the build i might change weapons with more offens stats

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAnYRnc0AdbilbCG3A0biFcBLOL2FHjQXtAwBIarlv+AA-jVCFQBZVJoVU+QVlQyZ/BGcEAaj+Alq+DAeAAL4UAQKgqksB-w

>

>

rofl, didnt even know the grieving stats xD, i tried y hybrid with full cele and it didnt amaze me that much. your build looks cool tho. ah yea and about energy sigs... i know that on roaming necros some roamers always go for that extra dodge since vanilla... sadly as a necro i never learned to dodge perfectly xD.. so energy sigs always feel like i cant make full/best use of them so i stick to offensive options like air+fire/bloodlust/strength etc.

> @"JustDemons.4358" said:

> rofl, didnt even know the grieving stats xD, i tried y hybrid with full cele and it didnt amaze me that much. your build looks cool tho. ah yea and about energy sigs... i know that on roaming necros some roamers always go for that extra dodge since vanilla... sadly as a necro i never learned to dodge perfectly xD.. so energy sigs always feel like i cant make full/best use of them so i stick to offensive options like air+fire/bloodlust/strength etc.

I don't use cele myself. my armor is all condition damage while my trinkets and such are all power. might helps both and reaper can stack might so fast it's not a big deal. I bleed, chill, burn, poison, vuln, constantly with nigh every attack while shrouded up.

I seriously miss the normal decay rate though...5% is too damn fast.

> @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > @"JustDemons.4358" said:

>

> > rofl, didnt even know the grieving stats xD, i tried y hybrid with full cele and it didnt amaze me that much. your build looks cool tho. ah yea and about energy sigs... i know that on roaming necros some roamers always go for that extra dodge since vanilla... sadly as a necro i never learned to dodge perfectly xD.. so energy sigs always feel like i cant make full/best use of them so i stick to offensive options like air+fire/bloodlust/strength etc.

>

> I don't use cele myself. my armor is all condition damage while my trinkets and such are all power. might helps both and reaper can stack might so fast it's not a big deal. I bleed, chill, burn, poison, vuln, constantly with nigh every attack while shrouded up.

> I seriously miss the normal decay rate though...5% is too kitten fast.

yea, if hybrid then better use power +condi gear. i like it this way more aswell. 5% FeelsBadMan. if everything works according to plan at ANet we will get the balance patch on 6th of february. would like to see a bit more survivability... even more then the 5% i miss the 7sec shroud cd... maaaaan this was so dpüe to play. overall tho i think reaper is in a decent spot in small scale pvp stuff. neither OP nor horribly bad.

> @"Derenek.8931" said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQJAWRnk0AdbilbCO1As3glpBbqldB+AxfwSYLUaAcyCAA-jxRFABEclEQU9H63fAgHZwRK/QTXjVKBJFALK2A-e this is my solo roaming build. It has super high survivability and dishes out a crapload of damge

oh thats actually one of the most unique builds ive seen xD, nice when it works for you. but u look very vulnerable to condis only having 2 condi transfers and suffer is not even good for 1v1. and can u explain the well as healing skill a bit more? how do u use it and what makes it a decent option for u vs consume condition. obviously i see u get the protection from it. im just curious because this skill never really gets used and i never played with it.

taking a break from my power reaper ive been roaming with a core terrormancer these days. acutally surprisingly strong. i adepted it from a guy who posted it in the necro forum using a similar build with carrion amulet in pvp. now i mix up trailblaizer and viper to reach 90-100% duration of fear with food. The remaining gear is carrion and maybe one p of rabid. the idea of going power is making use of the 50% crit chance in shroud having really good hybrid dmg in shroud and very high condi dmg overall. the one free utility slot is either "Corrupt Boon" or "Spectral Wall" depending if i fight a boon heavy class or not. Wall can be very good against thiefs and melees fighters with no stab/resistance up, as u cast it under ur feet.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArYGjc0QnN4XD834IYoiDQA0AyV4Dea6VMF9KA-jVzCQB7Z/hKqkLLKDmwJAQOaYSkSQHcgEQ2jAgYKFUwBMAAHBg7pPwSq/QKgF1pB-w

the only classes that remain an almost auto loss is again druids/soulbeasts and mirages. condi chronos are beatable due to all the condi transfgers.... but someone @ANet basement thought it is a good idea to remove dodge rolls on mirage and give them eveades on every action (alongside with already slipperey skills). i found out that i lose to condi mirages because my transfers are passively evaded all the time.

key of this build is to use all the fears u have properly. interrupting a key burst skill or heal is obviously need. and be sure to not waste fears on dodges/resistance/stability.

> > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > > @"JustDemons.4358" said:

> >

> > > rofl, didnt even know the grieving stats xD, i tried y hybrid with full cele and it didnt amaze me that much. your build looks cool tho. ah yea and about energy sigs... i know that on roaming necros some roamers always go for that extra dodge since vanilla... sadly as a necro i never learned to dodge perfectly xD.. so energy sigs always feel like i cant make full/best use of them so i stick to offensive options like air+fire/bloodlust/strength etc.

> >

> > I don't use cele myself. my armor is all condition damage while my trinkets and such are all power. might helps both and reaper can stack might so fast it's not a big deal. I bleed, chill, burn, poison, vuln, constantly with nigh every attack while shrouded up.

> > I seriously miss the normal decay rate though...5% is too kitten fast.

>

> yea, if hybrid then better use power +condi gear. i like it this way more aswell. 5% FeelsBadMan. if everything works according to plan at ANet we will get the balance patch on 6th of february. would like to see a bit more survivability... even more then the 5% i miss the 7sec shroud cd... maaaaan this was so dpüe to play. overall tho i think reaper is in a decent spot in small scale pvp stuff. neither OP nor horribly bad.

>

> > @"Derenek.8931" said:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQJAWRnk0AdbilbCO1As3glpBbqldB+AxfwSYLUaAcyCAA-jxRFABEclEQU9H63fAgHZwRK/QTXjVKBJFALK2A-e this is my solo roaming build. It has super high survivability and dishes out a crapload of damge

>

> oh thats actually one of the most unique builds ive seen xD, nice when it works for you. but u look very vulnerable to condis only having 2 condi transfers and suffer is not even good for 1v1. and can u explain the well as healing skill a bit more? how do u use it and what makes it a decent option for u vs consume condition. obviously i see u get the protection from it. im just curious because this skill never really gets used and i never played with it.

The main power to this is that condis are actually offset by life gain. Usinf enhanced toughness build in order to add to power also increases the devastating potential of both shroud and sword attacks. Just aoe mark all around yourself with the staff and dra in the enemies to melee range. Drop the wells to blind and then you can handle a mob of dozens of enemy creatures and take almost no damage while killin them all with hordes of minions exploding. For 1v1 I use well of darkness, and also for dungeons with low numbers of high power enemies.

> All right guys,

> im roaming a lot since two years now and i actually never have felt sooo weak. i basically lose against everything. in 2016 i had like a 50% winrate in 1v1s. right now i flat out lose 90% of them. i usually run power reaper, sometimes power core for the lulz and i actually started condi reaper to see how the big tri nerfes work out for me. with condi reaper i cant even solo a tower lord anymore! **it is that bad now**! **Anet does not even allow me to win pve in wvw** xDDDDD. After i decided to not cry when i roamed the last time on my condi reaper, i actually rofl'ed my a.. off of how bad and weak i felt.

>

> But back to power specs. i get face rolled by everthing right now... holosmiths are a huge pain for me and i think i havent won a single fight since pof release. Mesmers warriors rangers and (good) thiefs like u should know too are always an almost impossible mission. recently i even got facerolled by eles who outsustain my entire power burst... they literally heal up agaisnt it and more or less slowly poke u down.

>

> in conclusion my best bets to at least pretend to be a threat to enemy are etiher full shout power reaper or a core condi terrormancer so i can at least win something.

>

> in other words the only fights i win is against new players (max low bronze rank) or ppl who usually never roam but zerg i suppose. But i dont want this thread to be just another qq thread of how bad necros are and instead want to have some exchange of experience here. So let me know how u experience the roaming game right now and lets laugh or cry (or both) together.

>

>

Reaper is in a fantastic spot right now if built and played right. I’ve been solo roaming/havocing necro since early 13 and I’m not kidding. I love it right now.

If you’re struggling, I would recommend on creating a build with a good mix of stats (think marauder/zerk), get an axe/focus/wh/gs and start dueling. I duel every night. Top end reaper play has a decent skill cap to pull it off and you’ll find yourself improving. Find someone in wvw who can give you some tips. It’s definitely a playable class right now.

> @"cobracommander.5861" said:

> Btw i am by no means saying you won’t get countered. But it’s well rounded game play. Gets better in small groups.

Nope. As soon as it gets to groups reroll for scourge. Better dmg, better group support

And as a roamer u are only in an okayish spot with reaper. You can sometimes take 1v2s, but only if the enemys are completly stupid. And as sson as there is an healer in the enemy team, you will loose, cause they will just outheal your dmg.

I play a mix of power/hybrid reaper for myself. And still, all the other classes have way higher burst potential and sustained dps, than reaper. And they even can land their attacks much easier. With 1 1/4 seconds casttime on gravedigger and every other skill being slow as f.... theer needs to be way more dmg for reaper, to be in a great spot.

Sure you can win about 40-60 % of the duels as reaper. But with my soulbeast, warrior, mesmer, guard i have much higher winrates and i dont play them often, cause i like my necro the most. U could say i suck at the other classes.

Ok. Same goes maybe for my reaper, cause i have to figure out, how to play my new build. I often dont dodge, because im not used to have so many dodges. But still, then i might get to 50% winrate in 1v1s.

But if you are outnumbered you might be at max 15% winrate. With healer in enemy team much likely lower.

Like for real. All the other classes are better roamers than necro

I could send you some videos. But i dont need to. I know i'm pretty good with my necro.

And i most likely only play necro for any pvp mode.

I asked my friend back then if he wanted to test his soulbeast build.

We both attacked a guardian with 20k healt, 2.8k armor.

Well my friend pewpewed once from 1500 range and the guardian died.

As a necro you cant even get to the guardian in this time. And he has no way of killing the guardian in less than 3 seconds.

Agility sigill wont do anything. I played it a long time. But since they took like all our defenses and force us to play offensive gear, energy sigill are 100times better.

Sorry, if you only get bad opponents. Good for you. Yeah im still learning my build, cause its completly different, having like 4 dodges in a row. Than only having 2.

Reaper isnt in a good spot. Its okay, but not anywhere near being decent. Pls ask a good player if he can play like.... any other class. Even if he doesnt play this class often he will pretty fast be able to kill you pretty easily.

Cause thats how it is:

Bait out necro shroud, run away, till hes out, then burst him. Even with that agility sigill u arent able to follow all these other classes. And kill them, while shroud is active.

And tbh you dont even need to burst a necro. Just outheal and wait till the passive burning or retaliation or whatever kills him is the easiest way.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> I could send you some videos. But i dont need to. I know i'm pretty good with my necro.

>

> And i most likely only play necro for any pvp mode.

>

> I asked my friend back then if he wanted to test his soulbeast build.

>

> We both attacked a guardian with 20k healt, 2.8k armor.

>

> Well my friend pewpewed once from 1500 range and the guardian died.

>

> As a necro you cant even get to the guardian in this time. And he has no way of killing the guardian in less than 3 seconds.

>

>

> Agility sigill wont do anything. I played it a long time. But since they took like all our defenses and force us to play offensive gear, energy sigill are 100times better.

>

> Sorry, if you only get bad opponents. Good for you. Yeah im still learning my build, cause its completly different, having like 4 dodges in a row. Than only having 2.

>

> Reaper isnt in a good spot. Its okay, but not anywhere near being decent. Pls ask a good player if he can play like.... any other class. Even if he doesnt play this class often he will pretty fast be able to kill you pretty easily.

>

> Cause thats how it is:

>

> Bait out necro shroud, run away, till hes out, then burst him. Even with that agility sigill u arent able to follow all these other classes. And kill them, while shroud is active.

> And tbh you dont even need to burst a necro. Just outheal and wait till the passive burning or retaliation or whatever kills him is the easiest way.

Just wondering but out of a scale of 10, how much would you rate yourself compared to Rudra?

His channel here if you need to watch his videos. Ignoring the level of his opponents, and more on how he fights them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCchVdGXf-z16kgZMc2fCaGA