• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> >

> > > Instead mag clearly do not want to be in t1 despite being the most competitive server to BG currently.

> >

> > See the thing is, Mag isn't the most competitive to BG. Mag just beats BG in fights... But that's not how you "competitive" in Arenanet's WvW.

> >

> > No, BG realized they'd do better against Mag by denying them ppk. By denying them fights. By giving them no reason to stay in t1. In fact, incentive to NOT be in t1.

> >

> > So mag destacked itself, it's just not there any more.

> >

> > We'll go where the fights are most interesting, score is meaningless. Server is meaningless.

> >

> >

>

> Number, coverage, guild wise, mag is still the closest to BG than every other server in NA

Are we comparing Hunt's to Knt's or is there some hidden amount of large guilds still raiding on mag?

> Number, coverage, guild wise, mag is still the closest to BG than every other server in NA

>

> I know mag likes to pretend it is a small and always outnumbered server always fighting and beating other larger servers/guilds, but in fact they are just denying that themselves are one of the blobbiest across all timezones.

how exactly is mag close to BG guildwise?

>

> I know mag likes to pretend it is a small and always outnumbered server always fighting and beating other larger servers/guilds, but in fact they are just denying that themselves are one of the blobbiest across all timezones.

Hmm, disagree about coverage...generally as I log off around midnight PST, that's when Mag's pop drops and we start losing objectives. Commanders have logged off for the night, and it's basically a few roamers trying to back-cap stuff on the BLs, and even the EBG queue has vanished.

Right now in NA T1 the bodycount for the week is around 113k, in T2 it is 133k.

We know that T1 has more off hours and round the clock fighting, but there is still that lower bodycount to consider. The implication is that during NA primetime there is far less fighting, and more sitting in keeps and avoiding fights going on in T1 than anywhere else. Why would anyone want to go where there is less action?

> @"Caliburn.1845" said:

> Right now in NA T1 the bodycount for the week is around 113k, in T2 it is 133k.

> We know that T1 has more off hours and round the clock fighting, but there is still that lower bodycount to consider. The implication is that during NA primetime there is far less fighting, and more sitting in keeps and avoiding fights going on in T1 than anywhere else. Why would anyone want to go where there is less action?

There is more action around the keeps in T1 its not so much "sitting". How many times has SMC flipped in the last few weeks in T1 compared with other tiers. BG has had it for a while at times but its flipped a lot more then say any matchup with Mag. If you just want fights but are considering moving then maybe it'd pay to wait a bit longer sure but the movement is growing. If you're a fight type guild who also likes to play maps a bit then I think there's some fun to be had but if those are the numbers in T2 then sure I get it.

I don't get this thread, but maybe it's just me being a scrub. What do u mean by "WvW needs YOU"? As in WvW needs more people in SoS to beat BG off #1? Why does WvW needs that? Maybe I'm wrong but isn't the whole "I don't like BG" thing is more towards "I don't like a server that's overstacked and ktrains everything"? Wouldn't asking for more people to transfer to SoS and eventually beat BG makes SoS the new "BG" to hate?

IMHO, "Come make SoS the new overstacked ktrain server because it's open atm while BG will never be!" or a simple, "SoS needs you" would fit this thread better.

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > I think we have been too easy on SoS, maybe we need to start focusing you more :3

>

> Wonder how that would work you actually have to leave your fortifications I guess , seems like a rash move for the server

Ah maybe we should be more like SoS...you know tag watching until its safe to ktrain again. Remind me, when is the last time SoS had a higher Kdr then BG, or even over 1? Maybe your the ones that need to leave your ''fortifications" ;)

> @"Haadi.9764" said:

> I don't get this thread, but maybe it's just me being a scrub. What do u mean by "WvW needs YOU"? As in WvW needs more people in SoS to beat BG off #1? Why does WvW needs that? Maybe I'm wrong but isn't the whole "I don't like BG" thing is more towards "I don't like a server that's overstacked and ktrains everything"? Wouldn't asking for more people to transfer to SoS and eventually beat BG makes SoS the new "BG" to hate?

>

> IMHO, "Come make SoS the new overstacked ktrain server because it's open atm while BG will never be!" or a simple, "SoS needs you" would fit this thread better.

Because some people don't understand what being # 1 means. It's not about bragging rights, its about sustaining a ridiculous amount of activity.

BG is not a casual server, many of us don't play for 1 or 2 hours and call it a day. We play for many hours at a time, regardless of whether its a guild raid or solo. Its not unusual for us to play for over 4-6 hours in a day, multiple times a week.

Winning a week here and there, or even being number one for a month or two burns out a ton of people, guilds and servers. This has happened over and over again. BG has been in tier 1 for so many years because we want to be in tier 1. We play to stay.

> @"QuickRain.4735" said:

> The whole T1 is a joke, the last 2 times Kain (DB Current Link) went to T1, SoS/BG literally wouldnt leave there keeps, spent last night alone facing DOC/FOE/CAOS/CL after wiping once wouldn't leave the keep (Air DB BL), finally gave up and went to Fire and BG Rev fought once and wipe and then refused to leave the keep until the Omni-blob showed up. BG in literally never shows unless AHMA is around otherwise they hide in keeps, Rx from SoS is only ones actually fighting in the matchup. Oh, and TYSM

>

> Such a Boting overall matchup TY, TYSM/Rx for actually fighting

>

Oh, you mean when we (rev) had 15 people in squad, while 2 20+ guilds sat outside fire keep thinking we were really going to push into that? You complain about calling the "Omni-blob", yet you and IV were holding hands expecting us to suicide out? Btw, if you guys hadn't ditched IV after KNT floated to even up the numbers, it would have been a pretty good fight, instead you ran and left IV to die.

> @"Bash.7291" said:

> > @"QuickRain.4735" said:

> > The whole T1 is a joke, the last 2 times Kain (DB Current Link) went to T1, SoS/BG literally wouldnt leave there keeps, spent last night alone facing DOC/FOE/CAOS/CL after wiping once wouldn't leave the keep (Air DB BL), finally gave up and went to Fire and BG Rev fought once and wipe and then refused to leave the keep until the Omni-blob showed up. BG in literally never shows unless AHMA is around otherwise they hide in keeps, Rx from SoS is only ones actually fighting in the matchup. Oh, and TYSM

> >

> > Such a Boting overall matchup TY, TYSM/Rx for actually fighting

> >

>

> Oh, you mean when we (rev) had 15 people in squad, while 2 20+ guilds sat outside fire keep thinking we were really going to push into that? You complain about calling the "Omni-blob", yet you and IV were holding hands expecting us to suicide out? Btw, if you guys hadn't ditched IV after KNT floated to even up the numbers, it would have been a pretty good fight, instead you ran and left IV to die.

Yeah I don't get that. We were fine fighting 15v20, then they got another guild to join, wipe us, then stand around acting like we're going to 15v40 them. As soon as we get enough to 40v40 - one guild ports out and leaves the other to die. Then they don't come back to fight fair.

Guys - we'll fight you if the numbers are somewhat even, but there's no way we're at a level to 15v40, cry on the forums as much as you like, but please, the truth should be told.

We'll also not cry on the forums if you decide to hide in keeps when we're 40+ and you're 20 or less. We'll just try taking your keep.

> @"arenta.2953" said:

> Question about SoS

>

> how active durign NA hours. (how many borderlands tend to be outnumbered, how many have ques)

> how does the server...communicate with eachother (example, JQ has used TS in the past. and now uses discord for voice chat for squads)

> how does the server....work with its ally server?

>

>

> seriously considering coming over

That's the spirit!

NA is rocking. Never a shortage of guilds running. EBG tends to be queued and sometimes some of the other borderlands as well.

We have a community TS and Discord but some guilds run their own. Some use ccoms on the shared TS, some don't.

Our community discord is 95% positive, with the occasional drama, but it's pretty darn good and we have a bunch of guilds coordinating coverage, tactics, ways to improve as a server etc!

Our scouting is not as good as it can be, but it's improved out of sight in the last few months.

Our pugs are not as good as they could be, but again there's been a sharp increase in recent weeks and our KDR is reflecting that (slowly.. but surely).

Of course there is plenty of room for improvement; in every way. I didn't write this just to get raw numbers. We need key people who WANT to be a part of it and who will be a positive influence and work with people rather than reverting to negativity and saltiness.

Do it mate. Transfer. Run with a few guilds until you find one that fits (there's lots of options) or just be an awesome scout. It's all up for grabs.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

>

> > Instead mag clearly do not want to be in t1 despite being the most competitive server to BG currently.

>

> See the thing is, Mag isn't the most competitive to BG. Mag just beats BG in fights... But that's not how you "competitive" in Arenanet's WvW.

>

> No, BG realized they'd do better against Mag by denying them ppk. By denying them fights. By giving them no reason to stay in t1. In fact, incentive to NOT be in t1.

>

> So mag destacked itself, it's just not there any more.

>

> We'll go where the fights are most interesting, score is meaningless. Server is meaningless.

>

>

Let's by honest and put Mags 'kills' against any server in perspective. Mag almost 99.99999% of the time squirrels in SMC and only comes out when they have a numbers advantage. They get the majority of their kills when BG or the other server push into the T3 SMC under tons and tons of siege. Thats why their ppk is higher than most. It's easy not to die and get kills when hiding in a T3 structure behind siege. I give the other servers more props for taking risks, moving about the maps, engaging in fights all over the place, attacking/defending structures, open field fights, etc. and actually fighting in different places.

Take a few weeks ago. Mag completely lost their home BL almost the entire week, including their garrison. They ignore everything and squirrel in SMC for the most part. Nothing wrong with that, thats their thing and it works for them, but their kills are misleading. Anyone with half a brain can squirrel behind one t3 structure, siege it to the hilt and wait for people to come to them. Then cry the other servers are scared to fight them due to their superior skills and only fight against other walls to beat them..

Again, nothing against this strat, as it works for Mag. But you have to put their kill numbers into perspective.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> BG will hit 3rd because they want to keep SoS with them, about the only server these days that doesn't mind hanging out with them.

While I am kind of charmed by the idea of being frenemies with a great server (you are only really as good as your rivals, and wvw is pointless without great rivals), I really would like other servers to come mix it up with us. Mag, JQ, whoever wants to come up and start smashing BG's toys with us, I think stiffer (gigglegiggle) competition will only help absolutely all of us have more fun in the mode. Including BG.

> @"hammo.5348" said:

> > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > Question about SoS

> >

> > how active durign NA hours. (how many borderlands tend to be outnumbered, how many have ques)

> > how does the server...communicate with eachother (example, JQ has used TS in the past. and now uses discord for voice chat for squads)

> > how does the server....work with its ally server?

> >

> >

> > seriously considering coming over

>

> That's the spirit!

>

> NA is rocking. Never a shortage of guilds running. EBG tends to be queued and sometimes some of the other borderlands as well.

> We have a community TS and Discord but some guilds run their own. Some use ccoms on the shared TS, some don't.

> Our community discord is 95% positive, with the occasional drama, but it's pretty darn good and we have a bunch of guilds coordinating coverage, tactics, ways to improve as a server etc!

>

> Our scouting is not as good as it can be, but it's improved out of sight in the last few months.

> Our pugs are not as good as they could be, but again there's been a sharp increase in recent weeks and our KDR is reflecting that (slowly.. but surely).

>

> Of course there is plenty of room for improvement; in every way. I didn't write this just to get raw numbers. We need key people who WANT to be a part of it and who will be a positive influence and work with people rather than reverting to negativity and saltiness.

>

> Do it mate. Transfer. Run with a few guilds until you find one that fits (there's lots of options) or just be an awesome scout. It's all up for grabs.

>

man i didnt think anyone was dumb enough to actually take a bait, also dont kid yourself you still wiped to us 15-20 when you had a free hit on unaware players. Either way i was just messing around Oh, im not tag watching so i have no idea if another guild enters a map i wasnt gonna sit around and wait for someone to show up, like the guy said before we were wasting time.

> @"mulzi.8273" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> >

> > > Instead mag clearly do not want to be in t1 despite being the most competitive server to BG currently.

> >

> > See the thing is, Mag isn't the most competitive to BG. Mag just beats BG in fights... But that's not how you "competitive" in Arenanet's WvW.

> >

> > No, BG realized they'd do better against Mag by denying them ppk. By denying them fights. By giving them no reason to stay in t1. In fact, incentive to NOT be in t1.

> >

> > So mag destacked itself, it's just not there any more.

> >

> > We'll go where the fights are most interesting, score is meaningless. Server is meaningless.

> >

> >

>

> Let's by honest and put Mags 'kills' against any server in perspective. Mag almost 99.99999% of the time squirrels in SMC and only comes out when they have a numbers advantage. They get the majority of their kills when BG or the other server push into the T3 SMC under tons and tons of siege. Thats why their ppk is higher than most. It's easy not to die and get kills when hiding in a T3 structure behind siege. I give the other servers more props for taking risks, moving about the maps, engaging in fights all over the place, attacking/defending structures, open field fights, etc. and actually fighting in different places.

>

> Take a few weeks ago. Mag completely lost their home BL almost the entire week, including their garrison. They ignore everything and squirrel in SMC for the most part. Nothing wrong with that, thats their thing and it works for them, but their kills are misleading. Anyone with half a brain can squirrel behind one t3 structure, siege it to the hilt and wait for people to come to them. Then cry the other servers are scared to fight them due to their superior skills and only fight against other walls to beat them..

>

> Again, nothing against this strat, as it works for Mag. But you have to put their kill numbers into perspective.

Taking your EBG keeps would technically be "squirreling in smc", I suppose....

And you also be honest, we don't just win with superior numbers.

No apologies for not caring about DBL, flip at will homeys o7

> @"diamondgirl.6315" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > BG will hit 3rd because they want to keep SoS with them, about the only server these days that doesn't mind hanging out with them.

>

> While I am kind of charmed by the idea of being frenemies with a great server (you are only really as good as your rivals, and wvw is pointless without great rivals), I really would like other servers to come mix it up with us. Mag, JQ, whoever wants to come up and start smashing BG's toys with us, I think stiffer (gigglegiggle) competition will only help absolutely all of us have more fun in the mode. Including BG.

"Too Late" ™ ² ³

Mag came, they saw, BG didn't want to fight them then, they left and destacked from a competitive t1 size. Oh but of course now people want to fight them.

It's not the same server it was a year ago, most of the guilds that pushed and sustained them to t1 have left already.

They're not even the biggest next to BG as someone put it, they're sitting on very high with a link for a reason.

People need to quit asking for them to return.

"It's Too Late" ™ ² ³

> @"mulzi.8273" said:

>

> Let's by honest and put Mags 'kills' against any server in perspective. Mag almost 99.99999% of the time squirrels in SMC and only comes out when they have a numbers advantage. They get the majority of their kills when BG or the other server push into the T3 SMC under tons and tons of siege. Thats why their ppk is higher than most. It's easy not to die and get kills when hiding in a T3 structure behind siege. I give the other servers more props for taking risks, moving about the maps, engaging in fights all over the place, attacking/defending structures, open field fights, etc. and actually fighting in different places.

>

> Take a few weeks ago. Mag completely lost their home BL almost the entire week, including their garrison. They ignore everything and squirrel in SMC for the most part. Nothing wrong with that, thats their thing and it works for them, but their kills are misleading. Anyone with half a brain can squirrel behind one t3 structure, siege it to the hilt and wait for people to come to them. Then cry the other servers are scared to fight them due to their superior skills and only fight against other walls to beat them..

>

> Again, nothing against this strat, as it works for Mag. But you have to put their kill numbers into perspective.

yes squirreling in smc is the only way mag gets kills from BG. mag is exposed. what about when KEK or VR (RIP) used to farm you guys up and down the bls? step foot outside of your tower and ebg once in a while...

i believe you'll find a lot of "squirreling in smc" in this vid

if you want more squirreling footage, lmk ;)

> @"QuickRain.4735" said:

> man i didnt think anyone was dumb enough to actually take a bait, also dont kid yourself you still wiped to us 15-20 when you had a free hit on unaware players. Either way i was just messing around Oh, im not tag watching so i have no idea if another guild enters a map i wasnt gonna sit around and wait for someone to show up, like the guy said before we were wasting time.

(you quoted the wrong person, GJ)

So it's only trolling and baiting when you get called out for being a hypocrite right? Its funny because you try to use us wiping as an insult, when I didn't even argue the fact that we did wipe. We pushed in, got some downs, but didn't have much damage because our comp wasn't that great and couldn't secure, so you guys rallied and pushed us off. It isn't like any guild has a perfect record with fights, so trying to use it as an insult is pretty weak.

Also, you contradicted yourself pretty bad between your two posts.

"Rev fought once and wipe and then refused to leave the keep until the Omni-blob showed up"

"Oh, im not tag watching so i have no idea if another guild enters a map i wasnt gonna sit around and wait for someone to show up"

Fact is, we and KnT pushed out of FK, you guys ran and left IV to die on an even fight. Had you and IV not sat around holding hands, we would have pushed out against either one of you guys without calling for help, but we weren't going to suicide into over twice our numbers. You can't really complain about Omni-blobbing and sitting in keeps, when your direct actions caused it.

> @"Bash.7291" said:

> > @"QuickRain.4735" said:

>

> > man i didnt think anyone was dumb enough to actually take a bait, also dont kid yourself you still wiped to us 15-20 when you had a free hit on unaware players. Either way i was just messing around Oh, im not tag watching so i have no idea if another guild enters a map i wasnt gonna sit around and wait for someone to show up, like the guy said before we were wasting time.

>

> (you quoted the wrong person, GJ)

>

> So it's only trolling and baiting when you get called out for being a hypocrite right? Its funny because you try to use us wiping as an insult, when I didn't even argue the fact that we did wipe. We pushed in, got some downs, but didn't have much damage because our comp wasn't that great and couldn't secure, so you guys rallied and pushed us off. It isn't like any guild has a perfect record with fights, so trying to use it as an insult is pretty weak.

>

> Also, you contradicted yourself pretty bad between your two posts.

>

> "Rev fought once and wipe and then refused to leave the keep until the Omni-blob showed up"

> "Oh, im not tag watching so i have no idea if another guild enters a map i wasnt gonna sit around and wait for someone to show up"

>

> Fact is, we and KnT pushed out of kitten, you guys ran and left IV to die on an even fight. Had you and IV not sat around holding hands, we would have pushed out against either one of you guys without calling for help, but we weren't going to suicide into over twice our numbers. You can't really complain about Omni-blobbing and sitting in keeps, when your direct actions caused it.

Nope i quoted the right one apparently, cause the salt is flowing

I left to not hold hands with them? So you could fight them without 2 group i can't help that you waited till knt push out on them to fight VI with 2 groups. I got whispered from Rx that they were finally rdy on to fight and i went to SoS BL to fight them? You can whisper someone from Rx if you so wish that Rx and us fought.

Also, theres this thing called whispers that people use from Lectal "LOLOL after you left KnT showed up and and they wiped us they scared" or something along those lines

BG people are funny