WVW and SOS needs YOU!

hammo.5348

> @"diamondgirl.6315" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > BG will hit 3rd because they want to keep SoS with them, about the only server these days that doesn't mind hanging out with them.

>

> While I am kind of charmed by the idea of being frenemies with a great server (you are only really as good as your rivals, and wvw is pointless without great rivals), I really would like other servers to come mix it up with us. Mag, JQ, whoever wants to come up and start smashing BG's toys with us, I think stiffer (gigglegiggle) competition will only help absolutely all of us have more fun in the mode. Including BG.

Exactly...Ignoring all the trash talk the fact is we all need rival servers for fights. Some of the best times in WvWvW were the BlackGate, Jade Quarry and Sanctum of Rall matchups years ago. Let's all have a bit more sportsmanship and server pride like the good old days. Enjoy the fights, bags and fun because all we've got left is each other...

Found this on the old GW2 forums archive on Reddit:

In any case, every death of a server has a cost: Not all of the players move on. Probably close to half of the player base simply gives up, stops playing, or moves to another game mode (e.g. duel based roaming). This is a big reason why the inherently instable T1 WvW could not go on forever. Everytime T1 consumed another server, the overall pool of players shrank. Together with the natural erosion over time, this has contributed to todays situation, where not enough PPT players are left to fill 3 server.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"henchmen.1856" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > > I think we have been too easy on SoS, maybe we need to start focusing you more :3

> > >

> > > Wonder how that would work you actually have to leave your fortifications I guess , seems like a rash move for the server

> >

> > Ah maybe we should be more like SoS...you know tag watching until its safe to ktrain again. Remind me, when is the last time SoS had a higher Kdr then BG, or even over 1? Maybe your the ones that need to leave your ''fortifications" ;)

>

> wow big boy brings out the kdr talk now that he is safe from mag

Ah so when is the last time mag had a higher kdr then us? Keep farming lower tiers and polishing your arrow carts in smc, staying safe from BG ;)

> @"Eremes Guile.1480" said:

> @Anet being very bias, how is this thread not a match-up thread. If anyone from BG start this kind of thread it gets instantly closed, but when other server does it, it went on to a 3rd page. Very professional Anet.

The JQ open thread barely made it passed 1 page. If its JQ, Mag, or BG then it gets closed.

> @"Cinnabae.3049" said:

> > @"Xruptor.3965" said:

> >

> > >

> > >

> > > if you want more squirreling footage, lmk ;)

> >

> > That's actually a pretty good video. Don't think I've seen that one before. Many videos put together pretty nicely. The ending was pretty hilarious.

>

> Oh hey, that's my video. Thanks bud.

No problem. Kudos it was really well done. I even liked the music :) I will admit you totally did stomp some of those groups. Many of which were unaware. lol. The part that made me laugh was the random point in the video where someone mentioned they had to go afk to scratch their anus. LOL

The ppt certainly does run strong with SOS. Never have I seen a server PPT so hard on camps alone. They put fast yaks on them even when it is feeding nothing they need to upgrade, defend it with like 4-8 people and place a ton of siege in them. Its been impressive to watch, just not my style of play :/

> @"mulzi.8273" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> >

> > > Instead mag clearly do not want to be in t1 despite being the most competitive server to BG currently.

> >

> > See the thing is, Mag isn't the most competitive to BG. Mag just beats BG in fights... But that's not how you "competitive" in Arenanet's WvW.

> >

> > No, BG realized they'd do better against Mag by denying them ppk. By denying them fights. By giving them no reason to stay in t1. In fact, incentive to NOT be in t1.

> >

> > So mag destacked itself, it's just not there any more.

> >

> > We'll go where the fights are most interesting, score is meaningless. Server is meaningless.

> >

> >

>

> Let's by honest and put Mags 'kills' against any server in perspective. Mag almost 99.99999% of the time squirrels in SMC and only comes out when they have a numbers advantage. They get the majority of their kills when BG or the other server push into the T3 SMC under tons and tons of siege. Thats why their ppk is higher than most. It's easy not to die and get kills when hiding in a T3 structure behind siege. I give the other servers more props for taking risks, moving about the maps, engaging in fights all over the place, attacking/defending structures, open field fights, etc. and actually fighting in different places.

>

> Take a few weeks ago. Mag completely lost their home BL almost the entire week, including their garrison. They ignore everything and squirrel in SMC for the most part. Nothing wrong with that, thats their thing and it works for them, but their kills are misleading. Anyone with half a brain can squirrel behind one t3 structure, siege it to the hilt and wait for people to come to them. Then cry the other servers are scared to fight them due to their superior skills and only fight against other walls to beat them..

>

> Again, nothing against this strat, as it works for Mag. But you have to put their kill numbers into perspective.

You may have point if this were true, but sadly Mag either doesn't know how to use siege, doesn't place it properly, or simply treats it like a decoration. I recall only once seeing SMC sieged to the point that both BG and YB would be proud, but did Mag use it? Nope, they let the enemy repeatedly walk in. I have seen many times though Mag jumping on groups 2x their size and driving them out of SMC. Red BL, you are indeed correct, they don't touch it, it's like it has cooties lol.

I have suggested this before and I think Anet should really consider implementing this, even for a weekend (when it's busier) to see both where the numbers actually lie, and how players respond to it:

Drastically reduce if not eliminate PPT and make the scoring heavily weighted (if not completely) leveraged on kills alone. But there are also caveats to how kills generate points:

- Any player touched by a piece of siege does not count towards kill points

- Kills only count when you're no more than +5 the enemy numbers within say a 3000 radius (outnumbering no longer generates points)

- Kill points multiply if enemy numbers are greater than +5 for the outnumbered group. The greater they are outnumbered, the more points generated per kill

- Outnumbered buff automatically provides a x2 kill multiplier in addition to whatever multiplier is generated above (roamers on outnumbered maps should love this)

- No points can be generated against the server with the outnumbered buff. You're basically K-training with no gain.

Who doesn't this favor? Servers who chronically outnumber others. Servers who tend to hide in structures behind siege and refuse to engage unless numbers favor them. Servers that build open field siege, and servers that jump maps when they can't deal with even numbers (again going to an unpopulated map to K-train with no gain).

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > @"mulzi.8273" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> > >

> > > > Instead mag clearly do not want to be in t1 despite being the most competitive server to BG currently.

> > >

> > > See the thing is, Mag isn't the most competitive to BG. Mag just beats BG in fights... But that's not how you "competitive" in Arenanet's WvW.

> > >

> > > No, BG realized they'd do better against Mag by denying them ppk. By denying them fights. By giving them no reason to stay in t1. In fact, incentive to NOT be in t1.

> > >

> > > So mag destacked itself, it's just not there any more.

> > >

> > > We'll go where the fights are most interesting, score is meaningless. Server is meaningless.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Let's by honest and put Mags 'kills' against any server in perspective. Mag almost 99.99999% of the time squirrels in SMC and only comes out when they have a numbers advantage. They get the majority of their kills when BG or the other server push into the T3 SMC under tons and tons of siege. Thats why their ppk is higher than most. It's easy not to die and get kills when hiding in a T3 structure behind siege. I give the other servers more props for taking risks, moving about the maps, engaging in fights all over the place, attacking/defending structures, open field fights, etc. and actually fighting in different places.

> >

> > Take a few weeks ago. Mag completely lost their home BL almost the entire week, including their garrison. They ignore everything and squirrel in SMC for the most part. Nothing wrong with that, thats their thing and it works for them, but their kills are misleading. Anyone with half a brain can squirrel behind one t3 structure, siege it to the hilt and wait for people to come to them. Then cry the other servers are scared to fight them due to their superior skills and only fight against other walls to beat them..

> >

> > Again, nothing against this strat, as it works for Mag. But you have to put their kill numbers into perspective.

>

> You may have point if this were true, but sadly Mag either doesn't know how to use siege, doesn't place it properly, or simply treats it like a decoration. I recall only once seeing SMC sieged to the point that both BG and YB would be proud, but did Mag use it? Nope, they let the enemy repeatedly walk in. I have seen many times though Mag jumping on groups 2x their size and driving them out of SMC. Red BL, you are indeed correct, they don't touch it, it's like it has cooties lol.

>

> I have suggested this before and I think Anet should really consider implementing this, even for a weekend (when it's busier) to see both where the numbers actually lie, and how players respond to it:

>

> Drastically reduce if not eliminate PPT and make the scoring heavily weighted (if not completely) leveraged on kills alone. But there are also caveats to how kills generate points:

>

> - Any player touched by a piece of siege does not count towards kill points

> - Kills only count when you're no more than +5 the enemy numbers within say a 3000 radius (outnumbering no longer generates points)

> - Kill points multiply if enemy numbers are greater than +5 for the outnumbered group. The greater they are outnumbered, the more points generated per kill

> - Outnumbered buff automatically provides a x2 kill multiplier in addition to whatever multiplier is generated above (roamers on outnumbered maps should love this)

> - No points can be generated against the server with the outnumbered buff. You're basically K-training with no gain.

>

> Who doesn't this favor? Servers who chronically outnumber others. Servers who tend to hide in structures behind siege and refuse to engage unless numbers favor them. Servers that build open field siege, and servers that jump maps when they can't deal with even numbers (again going to an unpopulated map to K-train with no gain).

>

>

This is an interesting idea, and with some refinement could have some serious merit. You win the internet today. :)

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > @"hammo.5348" said:

> > > The only way to fix this game is to beat Blackgate and even the playing field.

> >

> > So far looks like BG has nothing to worry about.

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/qTrID4i.jpg "")

> >

> >

>

> they are pushing close :)

Mag was the only server in recent history that actually beat BG by making BG players not want to play in WvW and go EOTM instead. BG ended up in T2 briefly as a result. Did you think BG is going to feel "beaten" by staying in T1?

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > > @"hammo.5348" said:

> > > > The only way to fix this game is to beat Blackgate and even the playing field.

> > >

> > > So far looks like BG has nothing to worry about.

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/qTrID4i.jpg "")

> > >

> > >

> >

> > they are pushing close :)

>

> Mag was the only server in recent history that actually beat BG by making BG players not want to play in WvW and go EOTM instead. BG ended up in T2 briefly as a result. Did you think BG is going to feel "beaten" by staying in T1?

Only those from bg can answer.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > > > @"hammo.5348" said:

> > > > > The only way to fix this game is to beat Blackgate and even the playing field.

> > > >

> > > > So far looks like BG has nothing to worry about.

> > > >

> > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/qTrID4i.jpg "")

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > they are pushing close :)

> >

> > Mag was the only server in recent history that actually beat BG by making BG players not want to play in WvW and go EOTM instead. BG ended up in T2 briefly as a result. Did you think BG is going to feel "beaten" by staying in T1?

>

> Only those from bg can answer.

>

>

I'll explain it, Mag got a link, bought a bunch of guilds, and ran non stop ktrain blobs 24/7. The result? The burned themselves out, and used the excuse that BG doesn't fight them...surrrrrre.

Also cute little double team FA and SOS are running, thanks for all the bags btw in this pathetic little display. Now let me explain another thing to them, you can do this all you want, even if you are successful, you only make it easier for us to open up. If we continue to be successful, either way your the ones who will get burned out.

> @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > someone from XvX talking trash LOL

> >

> > Be nice to him, he thinks Mag buys guilds....

> >

> > Touched by the gods, that one

>

> yea if he had done some research he'd know 1) mag doesnt have a server council/ war chest 2) guilds that "came" when mag got a link were already on DR when they were linked with FA (xD, OO, TBT) think im forgetting one but cant remember.. 3) why would anyone buy guilds to go to a link server?? biggest waste of gold

>

> anyways no one from XvX should be talking any kitten. been getting farmed since Rekz was on Mag.

100k gold for OCX guilds, guess you didn't hear about that one eh.

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > > someone from XvX talking trash LOL

> > >

> > > Be nice to him, he thinks Mag buys guilds....

> > >

> > > Touched by the gods, that one

> >

> > yea if he had done some research he'd know 1) mag doesnt have a server council/ war chest 2) guilds that "came" when mag got a link were already on DR when they were linked with FA (xD, OO, TBT) think im forgetting one but cant remember.. 3) why would anyone buy guilds to go to a link server?? biggest waste of gold

> >

> > anyways no one from XvX should be talking any kitten. been getting farmed since Rekz was on Mag.

>

> 100k gold for OCX guilds, guess you didn't hear about that one eh.

what guilds? I’m curious what guild is worth 100k for someone to buy for a link server

What Mag did right at first was to beat or at least match BG's multiple guild groups or float pin mode in every timezone and then k train EU like crazy which is where BG has always been most vulnerable.

BG has three main modes:

1. Multiple large guild groups covering multiple maps (this is BG's full court press mode and it's usually late NA/early OCX)

2. One big "float" pin that rotates to defend and attack major objectives and one or more smaller "rotation" pins who simultaneously and often in tandem with the float pin attack lightly/non-defended objectives (this is their most common setup and it can be seen in any timezone but most often in EU early NA late OCX and SEA)

3. Multiple "rotation" pins that just try to flip as much stuff as possible while avoiding direct engagement with larger forces they cannot realistically defeat. (this can happen at any time where there are coverage gaps but it's most often seen during EU)

So at first Mag was actually able to overpower 1 and 2 and then nullify 3 during EU by going full court press during that timezone which eroded the morale of the smaller groups who were suddenly unable to defend or take anything. This resulted in not just winning the PPT but winning PPT, KDR and total kills.

After Mag lost most of its big coverage on week 8 or 9 of the win streak modes 1 and 2 became harder and harder to deal with and the EU k train stopped because Zudo transferred to EU.

At a glance SOS looks to be almost able to deal with modes 1 and 2 but I'm not sure about SOS' EU.

> @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > > > someone from XvX talking trash LOL

> > > >

> > > > Be nice to him, he thinks Mag buys guilds....

> > > >

> > > > Touched by the gods, that one

> > >

> > > yea if he had done some research he'd know 1) mag doesnt have a server council/ war chest 2) guilds that "came" when mag got a link were already on DR when they were linked with FA (xD, OO, TBT) think im forgetting one but cant remember.. 3) why would anyone buy guilds to go to a link server?? biggest waste of gold

> > >

> > > anyways no one from XvX should be talking any kitten. been getting farmed since Rekz was on Mag.

> >

> > 100k gold for OCX guilds, guess you didn't hear about that one eh.

>

> what guilds? I’m curious what guild is worth 100k for someone to buy for a link server

>

>

Who said it was for a link server? Why would anyone pay for that???

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > > > > someone from XvX talking trash LOL

> > > > >

> > > > > Be nice to him, he thinks Mag buys guilds....

> > > > >

> > > > > Touched by the gods, that one

> > > >

> > > > yea if he had done some research he'd know 1) mag doesnt have a server council/ war chest 2) guilds that "came" when mag got a link were already on DR when they were linked with FA (xD, OO, TBT) think im forgetting one but cant remember.. 3) why would anyone buy guilds to go to a link server?? biggest waste of gold

> > > >

> > > > anyways no one from XvX should be talking any kitten. been getting farmed since Rekz was on Mag.

> > >

> > > 100k gold for OCX guilds, guess you didn't hear about that one eh.

> >

> > what guilds? I’m curious what guild is worth 100k for someone to buy for a link server

> >

> >

>

> Who said it was for a link server? Why would anyone pay for that???

>

K then gimme a guild name. Who did mag buy? You can’t even name a guild Lol.

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > Also cute little double team FA and SOS are running

>

> This is a double team.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/ZPtAhfM.png "")

>

> This is not.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/djPTkO3.png "")

>

> The 2014 spring tournament was a double team. Remember that? That was a real double team. I have guild members who were on BG during that. LOL

I do and it was actually pretty fun. I particularly enjoyed when we countered with a big mid week push and took both servers on, some of those fights are still pretty clear in my mind. There's not much intent re: a double team now, so making fun at the apparent lack of one is amusing (although counter to your point the first screenshot on FA BL shows SoS with most PPT with 3 camps 2 towers and a keep, FA second and BG third......) Even so the VP between BG and SoS is pretty close. I was working over the weekend so barely played but its good to see we do appear to have some momentum, even though victory may be weeks away.

Also, I don't think SoS is trying to pull a Mag and totally demoralize BG into EotM and down the tiers so those comparisons are just silly. As far as I know the focus is on beating BG and that's as far as it goes. I'm pretty sure BG will count not coming first as a loss, we don't have to totally tumbleweed the server.

Carpal (AMG)