New commander tag

Lacsap.9724

Is there any chance that an invisable commander tag can come.

Sometimes you just want a squad but not that everyone just follows you blindly.

And tagging down will make the squad open to random troll takeovers (yes it has happened multiple times b4), which then just randomly kicks ppl/changes the squad original purpuse.

So if there was a commander tag that didnt show up, but you can still "control" the squad with it that would be awesome

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> When suggested previously, the Dev response was no, as they want Commander Tags to be visible in WvW so players can easily find the commanders. You can find the response either here on these forums, or on the old forums. I think it was on the old forums.

>

> Good luck.

That makes no sense, and i'm going to doubt that.

For starters, a guy without a tag can start a squad, and have a squad without having to be tagged. Why do people who actually bought a tag, but just want to run a group of 10 friends be forced to have to show his tag, when he's not there to run a god-damn zerg?

I mean it's actually nonsensical, because if anything, Arena Net should NOT want people to run Zergs around, because it dumbs down the whole game mode.

I mean if i want to run 10 of my mates on the borderlands jumping puzzles, i have to be tagged? What for? To get berated by 50 angry kids seeing a com on the jumping puzzle?

I think hidden tags also make sense for PvE. As a guild, we may be some different events on the PvE maps, and if we squad up, other random people follow us around thinking we are doing bounties, hero points, etc, which we may not be doing. In a sense, really the people following us problem, but an active tag on a map does tend to suggest that they are doing some interesting content.

Sometimes open signups to the squad is allowed to make it easier on the squad leader, and you get random people joining. If the squad was hidden, those in guild chat could know to join, but others wouldn't just try and do so.

Or maybe a better idea would be a type of squad tag that is only visible to those in the same guild - that would work in the above situation.

And once again, I'm only talking PvE here, not WvW.

I think hidden tags also make sense for PvE. As a guild, we may be some different events on the PvE maps, and if we squad up, other random people follow us around thinking we are doing bounties, hero points, etc, which we may not be doing. In a sense, really the people following us problem, but an active tag on a map does tend to suggest that they are doing some interesting content.

Sometimes open signups to the squad is allowed to make it easier on the squad leader, and you get random people joining. If the squad was hidden, those in guild chat could know to join, but others wouldn't just try and do so.

Or maybe a better idea would be a type of squad tag that is only visible to those in the same guild - that would work in the above situation.

And once again, I'm only talking PvE here, not WvW.

I'd like this too.

I understand Anet's logic that they don't want people excluded from group content, but the current system doesn't actually achieve that. It means randoms can see the commander and follow them around, attack what they're attacking etc. but even with guild missions they can't really join in - they can attack bounty targets but will only get the basic event reward and I think they can't do the others at all. If it's anything else - playing created guild events, a group of friends playing together, a small squad doing their own thing in WvW etc. they can't join in at all and the presence of random extra people (especially if it's more than 2 or 3) wanting to know why there's a commander and have the activity explained to them (only to then complain if it's not relevant to them) can actually disrupt the original group.

The best outcome is that the random people waste their time coming over to find out what's going on and the commander/squad has to waste a bit of their time explaining it. But I've seen some people get really nasty when they find out the commander isn't doing something they can join in with (or even isn't doing the specific activity they came to the map for), including saying they're going to report them and get them banned for scamming people. I realise it's an empty (and absurd) threat, but it's still not very nice to deal with when you were just trying to help some friends.

> @"OneYenShort.3189" said:

> > @"Solvar.7953" said:

> > Or maybe a better idea would be a type of squad tag that is only visible to those in the same guild - that would work in the above situation.

>

> A guild only seeable tag.... Now that would be nice. And reasonable for WvW and PvE settings in my opinion.

>

A guild only tag, I could see that, Maybe have it cost 500 Guild Commendations and 1000 gold, which should be easy enough if you do a lot with your guild and they support your commanding efforts, but expensive enough so that everyone won't have one. make it look like the Guild Event Shield Image (That checkered board gold and white shield, since everyone will only be able to see their own guild, there is no need for colors)

That could really work.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> A guild only tag, I could see that, Maybe have it cost 500 Guild Commendations and 1000 gold, which should be easy enough if you do a lot with your guild and they support your commanding efforts, but expensive enough so that everyone won't have one. make it look like the Guild Event Shield Image (That checkered board gold and white shield, since everyone will only be able to see their own guild, there is no need for colors)

> That could really work.

I'd drop the gold cost away from it myself. The reasoning being the cost of unlocking said guild tag to make it purchasable. That is what the guild already helped to pay for said tag.

> @"OneYenShort.3189" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > A guild only tag, I could see that, Maybe have it cost 500 Guild Commendations and 1000 gold, which should be easy enough if you do a lot with your guild and they support your commanding efforts, but expensive enough so that everyone won't have one. make it look like the Guild Event Shield Image (That checkered board gold and white shield, since everyone will only be able to see their own guild, there is no need for colors)

> > That could really work.

> I'd drop the gold cost away from it myself. The reasoning being the cost of unlocking said guild tag to make it purchasable. That is what the guild already helped to pay for said tag.

>

>

I must have missed something, what was the cost to unlock it?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Can-we-have-something-Private-Tag/page/1#post6554291

> @"McKenna Berdrow.2759"

> Like others have mentioned in this thread, we don’t think this would be a healthy feature for WvW. Many players will not participate in WvW if they don’t see a commander tag, and we try to avoid adding features that can be used to exclude players.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> Pretty sure Anet have said they don’t want to add features which could be used to exclude players.

Like ability to kick people from squad, or lock it for joining?

Besides, i guess it's way better for players to see the tag, come to join it, and then get flamed and told to get lost, because that was GvG and noone wanted randoms to butt in. That's definitely going to make them feel the game's spirit better than if they didn't see that tag and weren't told they were not wanted.