Best 1v1 Class VOTE NOW!

Adry.7512

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> Elementalist.

> Seen it myself. Can take on 3vs1. It's clearly Elementalist. Could probably take on 4.

I don't WvW, but I did a season of PvP as ele. I could definitely hold my own and escape/survive and sometimes even down/finish players in 1v2 or even 1v3. But that was far from common and in all cases glaring mistakes were made by my opponents. No class is THAT OP that all things being equal they should be able to take on 3 players at once. There is such a thing as being outplayed or even just making stupid mistakes because you're overconfident!

Depends a lot on matchups and skill level, builds, environment, game mode, etc.

Just by looking at comparisons for various skill levels, my opinions change wildly. A bad power thief for example is... dreadfully bad. A bad spellbreaker or scourge can still wipe the floor with some matchups into more-skilled opponents by basically facerolling. A bad power mesmer suffers the same fate as the thief, but condi mirage is super easy to 1v1 on.

Given the current game-state, I think the ranger has the best and most consistent success across the board when factoring in build, opponents, and across a span of skill levels. I think the biggest discrepancy is skill level, which it falters slightly at the medium and ultra-high-end areas assuming optimal builds, though even still it does well at what it does and is built to do.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > Elementalist.

> > Seen it myself. Can take on 3vs1. It's clearly Elementalist. Could probably take on 4.

>

> I don't WvW, but I did a season of PvP as ele. I could definitely hold my own and escape/survive and sometimes even down/finish players in 1v2 or even 1v3. But that was far from common and in all cases glaring mistakes were made by my opponents. No class is THAT OP that all things being equal they should be able to take on 3 players at once. There is such a thing as being outplayed or even just making stupid mistakes because you're overconfident!

Yeah I meant PvP. I saw 3vs1 in PvP.

All depends on current balance (which is what I assume your asking for this current one), also depends on if your looking to defend or attack, or just tagging and singling out for a quick down and maybe kill. Right now pretty clear it's mesmer and thief elites can roam and single party people pretty hard and fast. engi is actually a good counter defender to that or ranger if they can keep distance on a thief, will lose to an equal mesmer. There are always count classes/set ups that if your in you can 'wreck' them. Just kinda pot luck if you have the counter set up to what you run into.

If your talking just plain jane no point, not worrying about defending or others in the way and just kill your opponent.... thief, very closely by mesmer. If your looking for who can cover the most range of the categories of solo play styles, then I'd say mesmer is the clear winner.