Can we have an official summary of things and updates to expect in 2018?

Kronos.3695

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > People are telling you that Anet is afraid of posting plans, because of past reactions. Well boohoo, they are grown ups, they have communication team, so they should know how to handle their community. But they don't, so they keep quiet. That's pathetic, but that's the reality.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This is obvious they know what they are going to do in next few months, I dare to say even for whole year it's possible for them to tell us how many LW updates we can expect and if any additional features are in the works. Those who claim it's impossible are basically calling anet incompetent, as they believe an AAA company sustaining a worldwide MMO has no idea what they are doing next week or month.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I find it also cute how some people are already manipulated to believe that customers expecting developer to live up to promises are to blame here. No, we are not. Because there are cases where Anet literally promised and advertised certain features which never came to live or were changed in time without any compensation for customers.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > First of all, gen2 of legendary weapons - these are sold as HoT feature and still we're waiting for full release of them. There is no justification for this change, as these weapons were marketed during HoT conference and are still being sold as part of HoT even though the advertised product is still incomplete.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Second, fractal leaderboards. They never happened.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Third, devs provided false information about raid story being unrelated to main story of the game. Meanwhile first 3 raid wings were basically the reintroduction of WM and mursaat which as we know were crucial during LW season 3. Happily, they fixed this with wing 4 and 5 but it still leaves bad taste.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ---

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > tl;dr Anet won't make another post like the one OP linked. They have no idea how to handle the community and are afraid of being responsible for their words.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nobody is saying that it’s impossible for Anet to post their plans. Whether it is possible or not isn’t even part of the discussion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > People treating everything as promises are to blame here. I dare say, based on your post, that you fall within that group. Exactly what did Anet promise that they did not live up to? Before replying, check up what a promise is. What did they take away that required compensation to players?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Plans change and they clearly explained why fractal leaderboards wouldn’t happen. To be honest, there really wasn’t much point for them in the first place.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It was explained why the second generation of legendaries did not come out all at once. They achieved a middle ground with the current method to obtain them through each LS update.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They never stated that raid stories would not be related to the living story. This is false information being provided by you and others. What they said is that the raid stories would not be required for the living story. In other words, raid stories would not be the equivalent of an LS episode but more of a side story. If anything relevant from the raid stories were a part of the living story, they’d be incorporated within the episodes which was done in LS3.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This whole "Anet says nothing because people will turn their plans into promises" is based on 1 thing. Literally 1 thing. It's because of 2013 precursor crafting blog post, which was indeed badly received by community.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > However I posted direct examples of things which anet advertised and didn't deliver. There is no misunderstanding here, this is false marketing.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, it’s based on more than that. I also don’t recall a full set ever being advertised as being released with HoT. In fact, I seem to remember that the HoT website prior to launch specifically stated that only three would be available and more would come later. Just because the “later” part is stretching beyond what some players like doesn’t equate to any sort of “promises” broken as no timeline was ever given.

> > > > >

> > > > > Other than fractal leaderboards, your other two examples were wrong. I addressed those in a previous post.

> > > >

> > > > It depends on your definition of complete set. What as mentioned as being part of HoT were 16 legendaries. No water type weapons were included. These actually were promised as part of HoT and the devs have still not fulfilled that promise. However, they acknowledge this and are still working on it.

> > >

> > > No, they were not just like I said.

> > >

> > > “For now, I’ll say that we’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be *introduced in Heart of Thorns*, with more to come in *subsequent updates*.”

> > >

> > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

> >

> > Explain this:

> >

> > "we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game."

> >

> > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

>

> Exactly what are you trying to argue? I stated that not all of them would be released at launch of HoT, you refuted it, I provided a source, and you refute my post by simply regurgitating it.

The weapons are considered part of HoT. Hot was sold as having 16 legendaries, 3 at first and the rest to come later. You have consistently denied this. The article you linked to even said that the 16 legendaries are part of HoT. You still deny that they are part of HoT. You don't even know what your saying anymore.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kronos.3695" said:

> In the past we used to get news like [the road ahead](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-road-ahead-for-2015/), but it didn't work out due to changes and in my opinion lack of transparency.

> [..]

> I think that doing like this we could have a lot more transparency on what we can expect for the game, am I asking too much?

>

It's a great idea, but I doubt there will be a Road Ahead because it would disappoint a lot if players to see that their favourite aspects of the game aren't on the development radar at all.

> @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > People are telling you that Anet is afraid of posting plans, because of past reactions. Well boohoo, they are grown ups, they have communication team, so they should know how to handle their community. But they don't, so they keep quiet. That's pathetic, but that's the reality.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > This is obvious they know what they are going to do in next few months, I dare to say even for whole year it's possible for them to tell us how many LW updates we can expect and if any additional features are in the works. Those who claim it's impossible are basically calling anet incompetent, as they believe an AAA company sustaining a worldwide MMO has no idea what they are doing next week or month.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I find it also cute how some people are already manipulated to believe that customers expecting developer to live up to promises are to blame here. No, we are not. Because there are cases where Anet literally promised and advertised certain features which never came to live or were changed in time without any compensation for customers.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > First of all, gen2 of legendary weapons - these are sold as HoT feature and still we're waiting for full release of them. There is no justification for this change, as these weapons were marketed during HoT conference and are still being sold as part of HoT even though the advertised product is still incomplete.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Second, fractal leaderboards. They never happened.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Third, devs provided false information about raid story being unrelated to main story of the game. Meanwhile first 3 raid wings were basically the reintroduction of WM and mursaat which as we know were crucial during LW season 3. Happily, they fixed this with wing 4 and 5 but it still leaves bad taste.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ---

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > tl;dr Anet won't make another post like the one OP linked. They have no idea how to handle the community and are afraid of being responsible for their words.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nobody is saying that it’s impossible for Anet to post their plans. Whether it is possible or not isn’t even part of the discussion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > People treating everything as promises are to blame here. I dare say, based on your post, that you fall within that group. Exactly what did Anet promise that they did not live up to? Before replying, check up what a promise is. What did they take away that required compensation to players?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Plans change and they clearly explained why fractal leaderboards wouldn’t happen. To be honest, there really wasn’t much point for them in the first place.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It was explained why the second generation of legendaries did not come out all at once. They achieved a middle ground with the current method to obtain them through each LS update.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > They never stated that raid stories would not be related to the living story. This is false information being provided by you and others. What they said is that the raid stories would not be required for the living story. In other words, raid stories would not be the equivalent of an LS episode but more of a side story. If anything relevant from the raid stories were a part of the living story, they’d be incorporated within the episodes which was done in LS3.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This whole "Anet says nothing because people will turn their plans into promises" is based on 1 thing. Literally 1 thing. It's because of 2013 precursor crafting blog post, which was indeed badly received by community.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > However I posted direct examples of things which anet advertised and didn't deliver. There is no misunderstanding here, this is false marketing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, it’s based on more than that. I also don’t recall a full set ever being advertised as being released with HoT. In fact, I seem to remember that the HoT website prior to launch specifically stated that only three would be available and more would come later. Just because the “later” part is stretching beyond what some players like doesn’t equate to any sort of “promises” broken as no timeline was ever given.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Other than fractal leaderboards, your other two examples were wrong. I addressed those in a previous post.

> > > > >

> > > > > It depends on your definition of complete set. What as mentioned as being part of HoT were 16 legendaries. No water type weapons were included. These actually were promised as part of HoT and the devs have still not fulfilled that promise. However, they acknowledge this and are still working on it.

> > > >

> > > > No, they were not just like I said.

> > > >

> > > > “For now, I’ll say that we’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be *introduced in Heart of Thorns*, with more to come in *subsequent updates*.”

> > > >

> > > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

> > >

> > > Explain this:

> > >

> > > "we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game."

> > >

> > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

> >

> > Exactly what are you trying to argue? I stated that not all of them would be released at launch of HoT, you refuted it, I provided a source, and you refute my post by simply regurgitating it.

> The weapons are considered part of HoT. Hot was sold as having 16 legendaries, 3 at first and the rest to come later. You have consistently denied this. The article you linked to even said that the 16 legendaries are part of HoT. You still deny that they are part of HoT. You don't even know what your saying anymore.

The first **handful** will be **INTRODUCED** in HoT with more to come in **subsequent updates**. No timeline was ever given on when the remaining legendary weapons would be released. All of this I have already stated in previous posts.

> @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > People are telling you that Anet is afraid of posting plans, because of past reactions. Well boohoo, they are grown ups, they have communication team, so they should know how to handle their community. But they don't, so they keep quiet. That's pathetic, but that's the reality.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This is obvious they know what they are going to do in next few months, I dare to say even for whole year it's possible for them to tell us how many LW updates we can expect and if any additional features are in the works. Those who claim it's impossible are basically calling anet incompetent, as they believe an AAA company sustaining a worldwide MMO has no idea what they are doing next week or month.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I find it also cute how some people are already manipulated to believe that customers expecting developer to live up to promises are to blame here. No, we are not. Because there are cases where Anet literally promised and advertised certain features which never came to live or were changed in time without any compensation for customers.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > First of all, gen2 of legendary weapons - these are sold as HoT feature and still we're waiting for full release of them. There is no justification for this change, as these weapons were marketed during HoT conference and are still being sold as part of HoT even though the advertised product is still incomplete.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Second, fractal leaderboards. They never happened.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Third, devs provided false information about raid story being unrelated to main story of the game. Meanwhile first 3 raid wings were basically the reintroduction of WM and mursaat which as we know were crucial during LW season 3. Happily, they fixed this with wing 4 and 5 but it still leaves bad taste.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ---

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > tl;dr Anet won't make another post like the one OP linked. They have no idea how to handle the community and are afraid of being responsible for their words.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nobody is saying that it’s impossible for Anet to post their plans. Whether it is possible or not isn’t even part of the discussion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > People treating everything as promises are to blame here. I dare say, based on your post, that you fall within that group. Exactly what did Anet promise that they did not live up to? Before replying, check up what a promise is. What did they take away that required compensation to players?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Plans change and they clearly explained why fractal leaderboards wouldn’t happen. To be honest, there really wasn’t much point for them in the first place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It was explained why the second generation of legendaries did not come out all at once. They achieved a middle ground with the current method to obtain them through each LS update.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They never stated that raid stories would not be related to the living story. This is false information being provided by you and others. What they said is that the raid stories would not be required for the living story. In other words, raid stories would not be the equivalent of an LS episode but more of a side story. If anything relevant from the raid stories were a part of the living story, they’d be incorporated within the episodes which was done in LS3.

> > > > >

> > > > > This whole "Anet says nothing because people will turn their plans into promises" is based on 1 thing. Literally 1 thing. It's because of 2013 precursor crafting blog post, which was indeed badly received by community.

> > > > >

> > > > > However I posted direct examples of things which anet advertised and didn't deliver. There is no misunderstanding here, this is false marketing.

> > > >

> > > > No, it’s based on more than that. I also don’t recall a full set ever being advertised as being released with HoT. In fact, I seem to remember that the HoT website prior to launch specifically stated that only three would be available and more would come later. Just because the “later” part is stretching beyond what some players like doesn’t equate to any sort of “promises” broken as no timeline was ever given.

> > > >

> > > > Other than fractal leaderboards, your other two examples were wrong. I addressed those in a previous post.

> > >

> > > It depends on your definition of complete set. What as mentioned as being part of HoT were 16 legendaries. No water type weapons were included. These actually were promised as part of HoT and the devs have still not fulfilled that promise. However, they acknowledge this and are still working on it.

> >

> > No, they were not just like I said.

> >

> > “For now, I’ll say that we’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be *introduced in Heart of Thorns*, with more to come in *subsequent updates*.”

> >

> > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

>

> Explain this:

>

> "we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game."

>

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

Which states nothing about them being solely a part of HoT. Nor does it indicate anything against them still being released to this day.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > People are telling you that Anet is afraid of posting plans, because of past reactions. Well boohoo, they are grown ups, they have communication team, so they should know how to handle their community. But they don't, so they keep quiet. That's pathetic, but that's the reality.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This is obvious they know what they are going to do in next few months, I dare to say even for whole year it's possible for them to tell us how many LW updates we can expect and if any additional features are in the works. Those who claim it's impossible are basically calling anet incompetent, as they believe an AAA company sustaining a worldwide MMO has no idea what they are doing next week or month.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I find it also cute how some people are already manipulated to believe that customers expecting developer to live up to promises are to blame here. No, we are not. Because there are cases where Anet literally promised and advertised certain features which never came to live or were changed in time without any compensation for customers.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > First of all, gen2 of legendary weapons - these are sold as HoT feature and still we're waiting for full release of them. There is no justification for this change, as these weapons were marketed during HoT conference and are still being sold as part of HoT even though the advertised product is still incomplete.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Second, fractal leaderboards. They never happened.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Third, devs provided false information about raid story being unrelated to main story of the game. Meanwhile first 3 raid wings were basically the reintroduction of WM and mursaat which as we know were crucial during LW season 3. Happily, they fixed this with wing 4 and 5 but it still leaves bad taste.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ---

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > tl;dr Anet won't make another post like the one OP linked. They have no idea how to handle the community and are afraid of being responsible for their words.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nobody is saying that it’s impossible for Anet to post their plans. Whether it is possible or not isn’t even part of the discussion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > People treating everything as promises are to blame here. I dare say, based on your post, that you fall within that group. Exactly what did Anet promise that they did not live up to? Before replying, check up what a promise is. What did they take away that required compensation to players?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Plans change and they clearly explained why fractal leaderboards wouldn’t happen. To be honest, there really wasn’t much point for them in the first place.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It was explained why the second generation of legendaries did not come out all at once. They achieved a middle ground with the current method to obtain them through each LS update.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They never stated that raid stories would not be related to the living story. This is false information being provided by you and others. What they said is that the raid stories would not be required for the living story. In other words, raid stories would not be the equivalent of an LS episode but more of a side story. If anything relevant from the raid stories were a part of the living story, they’d be incorporated within the episodes which was done in LS3.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This whole "Anet says nothing because people will turn their plans into promises" is based on 1 thing. Literally 1 thing. It's because of 2013 precursor crafting blog post, which was indeed badly received by community.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > However I posted direct examples of things which anet advertised and didn't deliver. There is no misunderstanding here, this is false marketing.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, it’s based on more than that. I also don’t recall a full set ever being advertised as being released with HoT. In fact, I seem to remember that the HoT website prior to launch specifically stated that only three would be available and more would come later. Just because the “later” part is stretching beyond what some players like doesn’t equate to any sort of “promises” broken as no timeline was ever given.

> > > > >

> > > > > Other than fractal leaderboards, your other two examples were wrong. I addressed those in a previous post.

> > > >

> > > > It depends on your definition of complete set. What as mentioned as being part of HoT were 16 legendaries. No water type weapons were included. These actually were promised as part of HoT and the devs have still not fulfilled that promise. However, they acknowledge this and are still working on it.

> > >

> > > No, they were not just like I said.

> > >

> > > “For now, I’ll say that we’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be *introduced in Heart of Thorns*, with more to come in *subsequent updates*.”

> > >

> > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

> >

> > Explain this:

> >

> > "we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game."

> >

> > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

>

> Which states nothing about them being solely a part of HoT. Nor does it indicate anything against them still being released to this day.

They are marketed as HoT feature, you can see new legendary weapons as part of HoT release page, together with new specs, guild halls and other stuff.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > People are telling you that Anet is afraid of posting plans, because of past reactions. Well boohoo, they are grown ups, they have communication team, so they should know how to handle their community. But they don't, so they keep quiet. That's pathetic, but that's the reality.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > This is obvious they know what they are going to do in next few months, I dare to say even for whole year it's possible for them to tell us how many LW updates we can expect and if any additional features are in the works. Those who claim it's impossible are basically calling anet incompetent, as they believe an AAA company sustaining a worldwide MMO has no idea what they are doing next week or month.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I find it also cute how some people are already manipulated to believe that customers expecting developer to live up to promises are to blame here. No, we are not. Because there are cases where Anet literally promised and advertised certain features which never came to live or were changed in time without any compensation for customers.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > First of all, gen2 of legendary weapons - these are sold as HoT feature and still we're waiting for full release of them. There is no justification for this change, as these weapons were marketed during HoT conference and are still being sold as part of HoT even though the advertised product is still incomplete.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Second, fractal leaderboards. They never happened.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Third, devs provided false information about raid story being unrelated to main story of the game. Meanwhile first 3 raid wings were basically the reintroduction of WM and mursaat which as we know were crucial during LW season 3. Happily, they fixed this with wing 4 and 5 but it still leaves bad taste.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ---

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > tl;dr Anet won't make another post like the one OP linked. They have no idea how to handle the community and are afraid of being responsible for their words.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nobody is saying that it’s impossible for Anet to post their plans. Whether it is possible or not isn’t even part of the discussion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > People treating everything as promises are to blame here. I dare say, based on your post, that you fall within that group. Exactly what did Anet promise that they did not live up to? Before replying, check up what a promise is. What did they take away that required compensation to players?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Plans change and they clearly explained why fractal leaderboards wouldn’t happen. To be honest, there really wasn’t much point for them in the first place.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It was explained why the second generation of legendaries did not come out all at once. They achieved a middle ground with the current method to obtain them through each LS update.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > They never stated that raid stories would not be related to the living story. This is false information being provided by you and others. What they said is that the raid stories would not be required for the living story. In other words, raid stories would not be the equivalent of an LS episode but more of a side story. If anything relevant from the raid stories were a part of the living story, they’d be incorporated within the episodes which was done in LS3.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This whole "Anet says nothing because people will turn their plans into promises" is based on 1 thing. Literally 1 thing. It's because of 2013 precursor crafting blog post, which was indeed badly received by community.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > However I posted direct examples of things which anet advertised and didn't deliver. There is no misunderstanding here, this is false marketing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, it’s based on more than that. I also don’t recall a full set ever being advertised as being released with HoT. In fact, I seem to remember that the HoT website prior to launch specifically stated that only three would be available and more would come later. Just because the “later” part is stretching beyond what some players like doesn’t equate to any sort of “promises” broken as no timeline was ever given.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Other than fractal leaderboards, your other two examples were wrong. I addressed those in a previous post.

> > > > >

> > > > > It depends on your definition of complete set. What as mentioned as being part of HoT were 16 legendaries. No water type weapons were included. These actually were promised as part of HoT and the devs have still not fulfilled that promise. However, they acknowledge this and are still working on it.

> > > >

> > > > No, they were not just like I said.

> > > >

> > > > “For now, I’ll say that we’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be *introduced in Heart of Thorns*, with more to come in *subsequent updates*.”

> > > >

> > > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

> > >

> > > Explain this:

> > >

> > > "we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game."

> > >

> > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

> >

> > Which states nothing about them being solely a part of HoT. Nor does it indicate anything against them still being released to this day.

>

> They are marketed as HoT feature, you can see new legendary weapons as part of HoT release page, together with new specs, guild halls and other stuff.

So were PvP leagues, the new sPvP mode, Revenant (PoF players can play it without Herald), WvW Desert Borderlands, new squad UI, fractal updates (if you bought PoF), core masteries (if you bought PoF), and elite specializations (they were **introduced** in HoT with more to be added with *subsequent expansions*).

All of those things that were **introduced** in HoT but available to all players or those with PoF. All similar to the second generation legendary weapon. So players crying out that these legendary are evidence of Anet “breaking promises” are incorrect but show an example of how many try to take things as such making a roadmap not necessarily a good idea.

Edit: Whoops. Meant to edit my above post rather than make a new one. :/

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> All of those things that were **introduced** in HoT but available to all players or those with PoF. All similar to the second generation legendary weapon. So players crying out that these legendary are evidence of Anet “breaking promises” are incorrect but show an example of how many try to take things as such making a roadmap not necessarily a good idea.

HoT conference wasn't a roadmap, it was a marketing event. Keep trying.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> All of those things that were **introduced** in HoT but available to all players or those with PoF. All similar to the second generation legendary weapon. So players crying out that these legendary are evidence of Anet “breaking promises” are incorrect but show an example of how many try to take things as such making a roadmap not necessarily a good idea.

>

> Edit: Whoops. Meant to edit my above post rather than make a new one. :/

No? They didn't just randomly post something on a forum or on the website, they did a conference to present the features and contents related to the expansion and THEN created a dedicated website section.

You're trying to compare a request to a simple roadmap (call it list if you prefer) to an omnicomprehensive presentation.

The two things are completely different.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > All of those things that were **introduced** in HoT but available to all players or those with PoF. All similar to the second generation legendary weapon. So players crying out that these legendary are evidence of Anet “breaking promises” are incorrect but show an example of how many try to take things as such making a roadmap not necessarily a good idea.

>

> HoT conference wasn't a roadmap, it was a marketing event. Keep trying.

That’s not what I was arguing. Keep trying.

Edit: Oddly enough, you’re the one that brought up the legendaries in the thread in the first place...

See below for an excerpt from your post:

*“I find it also cute how some people are already manipulated to believe that customers expecting developer to live up to promises are to blame here. No, we are not. Because there are cases where Anet literally promised and advertised certain features which never came to live or were changed in time without any compensation for customers.*

*First of all, gen2 of legendary weapons - these are sold as HoT feature and still we're waiting for full release of them. There is no justification for this change, as these weapons were marketed during HoT conference and are still being sold as part of HoT even though the advertised product is still incomplete.”*

You’re the one that made the connection between the HoT conference and the roadmap with that post. You equated the “lies and broken promises” that people were saying other players were accusing Anet of doing with previous roadmaps to the “lies and broken promises” with HoT.

That’s not the only post that you made the connection either as you did it at least once more with the very first post on this page (scroll up to the top).

> @"Kronos.3695" said:

> > All of those things that were **introduced** in HoT but available to all players or those with PoF. All similar to the second generation legendary weapon. So players crying out that these legendary are evidence of Anet “breaking promises” are incorrect but show an example of how many try to take things as such making a roadmap not necessarily a good idea.

> >

> > Edit: Whoops. Meant to edit my above post rather than make a new one. :/

>

> No? They didn't just randomly post something on a forum or on the website, they did a conference to present the features and contents related to the expansion and THEN created a dedicated website section.

> You're trying to compare a request to a simple roadmap (call it list if you prefer) to an omnicomprehensive presentation.

> The two things are completely different.

No. Read the earlier part of the thread to see what led to this.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

>

> First of all, gen2 of legendary weapons - these are sold as HoT feature and still we're waiting for full release of them. There is no justification for this change, as these weapons were marketed during HoT conference and are still being sold as part of HoT even though the advertised product is still incomplete.

>

>

> Third, devs provided false information about raid story being unrelated to main story of the game. Meanwhile first 3 raid wings were basically the reintroduction of WM and mursaat which as we know were crucial during LW season 3. Happily, they fixed this with wing 4 and 5 but it still leaves bad taste.

>

> ---

>

> tl;dr Anet won't make another post like the one OP linked. They have no idea how to handle the community and are afraid of being responsible for their words.

>

> To add to this, I strongly believe Anet is directly hurting the game by not providing any substantial information about upcoming releases. The game is quiet, the community is quiet but for a person not playing the game it looks like expansion was released and game died. This is how much "buzz" your no information policy creates.

First point, obviously your memory is faulty as MO himself said that all of the Gen2 Legendary weapons WOULD NOT be released with HoT but would come out afterwards as EACH ONE was completed. So technically nothing is incorrect in that statement with the exception that the remainder did not make it out by the time PoF released.

The original Raid wings DID story did not need to be played in order to play or understand the Living World Season 3, all they provided was BACKGROUND information, but were not in any way crucial to the LWS3 story. As a matter of fact you were introduced to the WM in the regular season anyways...the stuff from the Raids is just frosting on top of the cake.

The community as always taken what was said about future updates and/or content and made it out to be as if it was written in STONE, even when it was CLEARLY STATED by the communication team that it was only being DISCUSSED and might not even be feasible. I put the entire blame on the community for the reason ArenaNet doesn't want to tell us what MIGHT be coming down the pike, as the community will take is to mean those things are GUARANTEED to be coming.

As for your last point, I don't recall seeing any information on any games unless there was something close to being released, and I can look at both single player and other MMO's for this...no need to talk about something that isn't happening. Just because there's no news doesn't mean the game is dead, the only thing is there hasn't been news in the past about the LW releases, and that will probably be changing with the new marketing direction.

We have a [road map](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/360433/#Comment_360433) already.

Some of us might want more details, including dates. But ANet doesn't owe us anything more than a game that enough of us find fun enough to devote hours enough into to maintain a healthy population.

I'm reminded of this (paraphrased) response from [Neil Gaiman](http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05/entitlement-issues.html), when someone asked him if GRRM didn't have some responsibility to his fans to finish the story in a timely fashion.

> ...it's unrealistic of you to think [ANet] is "letting you down".

> ...I keep trying to come up with a better way to put it, but ...my perspective is this:

> [ANet] is not your [slave].

>> ...

> People are not machines. [Game designers] aren't machines.

> You're complaining about [ANet] doing other things than [communicating often and releasing new content] ...as if your buying the [original game] ...was a contract with [them]...

> No such contract existed. You [paid for the game] ...and I assume that you enjoyed it because you want [more].

> It seems to me that the biggest problem with [MMOs] is that either [players] complain that the [games] used to be good but that somewhere in the effort to [add new content] the quality has fallen off, or [the games] aren't coming out [quickly] enough.

> Both of these things make me glad that I am not currently [a game developer]... For me, I would rather [play a good game] from a contented [development team]. I don't really care what it takes to produce that.

>> ...

> The economics ...for a [development team] mean that very few ... can afford to [develop new content all the time]... So [development teams] with huge [ideas]... are going to [work on] them and [release content] as they go along.

> And if you are waiting for a new [release] in [an MMO], whether from [ANet] or [bethesda]...

> Wait. [Play] the original ...again. [Play] something else. Get on with your life. Hope that the [dev team] is [working on the content] you want to [play] ... and not [going belly up], or something equally as dramatic. ...

> And ...in the future, when you see other people complaining that [ANet] ...has been spotted doing something other than [publishing vague plans or releasing poorly-> developed content] ..., explain to them, more politely than I did the first time, the simple and unanswerable truth: [ANet] is not working for you.