Game Mysteries

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"DebraKadabra.5278" said:

> > @"akenoyuki.8210" said:

> > Why does NPC Mesmer can make **permanent** portal

> > Whilst MC Mesmer can only maintain it's portal for 10 second?

>

> THANK YOU, that's always bothered me!

I'm guessing it's a different spell, or a more complicated version (maybe one which needs to be prepared in advance), and our characters didn't learn it.

I have a screenshot from one of the sylvari personal story steps where a mesmer disguises you both as human bandits and during the dialogue she says it took her a week just to create the hat. It's the same with things like Queen Jennah's shield around Divinity's Reach (that may even have required multiple mesmers) or the krait hiding the Tower of Nightmares and Kasmeer revealing it.

Or in real life me knowing how to map things using GIS but knowing next to nothing about Access and someone else calling me using GIS or Access "that wizzy data stuff you do" but knowing far more than me about building websites.

Our characters appear to have focused on fast cast (as in it's measured in seconds, not hours or days) combat spells, whereas other characters focus on what's useful in their day to day lives.

> @"Dashiva.6149" said:

> Why hasn't there been any developments in the charr-human peace negotiations in Fields of Ruin after 5 years, especially now with increased activity of Branded and Awakened from the south?

Politics and job security - what will they debate over next if they agree to the peace negotiations. Korea going on over 50 years already so proves diplomas don't have any feeling for speed. Maybe also the Queen does not want to have anything to do with her ancestors and thus refusing to send the ghosts away.

> @"Dashiva.6149" said:

> Why hasn't there been any developments in the charr-human peace negotiations in Fields of Ruin after 5 years, especially now with increased activity of Branded and Awakened from the south?

Perhaps they don't really plan on having a lasting peace. Just one for the duration of the current troubles. And even if they do, it may be politically inadvisable, at least for now.

Remember, that while Queen Jennah tries to expand her influence over Ebonhawke, it's still an Ascalonian city. While on average the citizens there are likely not opposed to peace and quiet, instead of war, that doesn't mean they'd be all that well inclined to the queen if she were to "sell out" their kingdom to charr too cheaply or too fast. And Charr on the whole are not really all that peaceful in nature, so there's the opposition to negotiations here as well. Especially since they have currently the upper hand, there's a long-lasting historical enmity between them and humans, and finalizing peace talks would likely require some concessions on their part.

So, basically, both sides are satisfied with how the situation is at the moment, but may have many reasons to not be so eager to formalize it.

Why Zhaitan didn't make full attack on pact airship but just fly around it. It make big damage at first but then stop?

Why Mordremoth didn't use its roots to kill everything in the jungle?

If sylvari is dragon minion, then Trahearne recorrupted orr with mordremoth's corruption?

How big is the world of GW2.

Figuring out MMO worlds size is an interesting exercise, as it requires some method of measuring speed and distance.

I once for a mindless exercise figured out roughly how big the world in WOW was, and its actually very small, about the size of Rhode island.

> @"mauried.5608" said:

> How big is the world of GW2.

> Figuring out MMO worlds size is an interesting exercise, as it requires some method of measuring speed and distance.

> I once for a mindless exercise figured out roughly how big the world in WOW was, and its actually very small, about the size of Rhode island.

>

If you have 30 min available, WoodenPotatoes got you covered. ;)

> @"mauried.5608" said:

> How big is the world of GW2.

> Figuring out MMO worlds size is an interesting exercise, as it requires some method of measuring speed and distance.

> I once for a mindless exercise figured out roughly how big the world in WOW was, and its actually very small, about the size of Rhode island.

>

Hmm. I really hope Rhode Island is not as featureless and boring as that world...

> @"Elefym.2643" said:

> > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > > Asura gates are Asuran. So why does Rata Sum not have gates to all the other cities?

> > > What the heck do the merchants want with the broken lockpicks, tufts of fur, chipped fangs, hairy spider legs and cracked claws they buy off us?

> > > As we walk through jungles and forests, why are we so picky about which tree we cut down?

> > > Our coins are made of silver and gold, so why are silver and gold the most worthless metals in the game?

> > >

> > > Feel free to add any mysteries you've been pondering.

> >

> > Why do 4/5 of the guys in this game run around playing female characters?

> >

> >

>

> Because teen-age boys, that's why...

Not a good answer. I'm 61 and my main is female.

Just where was the bat carrying the great sword it just dropped?

Why has no one made any effort to gather up all the wood from Scarlet's fallen tower in Kessex Hills and start tidying the place up a bit?

Normally you would expect 1 log to give 1 or more planks of wood, however in Tyria several logs have to be used to make 1 plank, is Tyria the true home of MDF board?

> @"akenoyuki.8210" said:

> How do we bring 5 different mount with us?

> Even if we are calling them. how do they get where we are in less than 1 second in the middle of nowhere?

It is being discussed in the Lore section of the forum [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/21545/how-would-mounts-work-irl#latest](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/21545/how-would-mounts-work-irl#latest "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/21545/how-would-mounts-work-irl#latest")

I imagine it like this.

https://i.imgur.com/KboFWeU.gifv

> @"Ahnog.8795" said:

> > @"Elefym.2643" said:

> > > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > > > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > > > Asura gates are Asuran. So why does Rata Sum not have gates to all the other cities?

> > > > What the heck do the merchants want with the broken lockpicks, tufts of fur, chipped fangs, hairy spider legs and cracked claws they buy off us?

> > > > As we walk through jungles and forests, why are we so picky about which tree we cut down?

> > > > Our coins are made of silver and gold, so why are silver and gold the most worthless metals in the game?

> > > >

> > > > Feel free to add any mysteries you've been pondering.

> > >

> > > Why do 4/5 of the guys in this game run around playing female characters?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Because teen-age boys, that's why...

>

> Not a good answer. I'm 61 and my main is female.

I'm 46 and my main is female as well. I was just trying to divert suspicions to those who aren't me.

Why aren't mounts scaled in size to the character riding on them? After all, my huge musclebound oaf of a Norn wouldn't pick the smallest skimmer in in the bunch to ride. He looks rediculous trying to perch on its back. On the other hand, my short slender human finds the largest, most fearsome lion/griffon she can find....

> @"Ashabhi.1365" said:

> Why aren't mounts scaled in size to the character riding on them? After all, my huge musclebound oaf of a Norn wouldn't pick the smallest skimmer in in the bunch to ride. He looks rediculous trying to perch on its back. On the other hand, my short slender human finds the largest, most fearsome lion/griffon she can find....

Actually, I think they do scale, but only to a certain degree. I notice that when my asura is in a pack of raptor-mounted warriors, my raptor seems a bit runty compared to the others.