Can we stop having super ridiculous elitist achievements?

xiiliea.9356

I feel like anet went quantity over quality for their achievements. I liked how they had them in GW1, fewer achievements but most of them were way more meaningful. wish they would polish and adjust some of their achievements and not release so many. Less achievements but with better quality.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"xiiliea.9356" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > Does this mean that we should ask for fractals to be removed because for some people they are extremely difficult?

>

> > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > Go to your dictionary, look up "achievement."

> >

> > Hope this helps.

>

> This is why I said the game has become toxic and elitist. "I can do it. You can't? Too bad." is the kind of attitude some people give now

What you propose makes no sense.

You want achievements to be removed based on your own ability or inability to achieve them.

What about achievements that you have ,but other players can't get.

Should those be removed as well?Because toxic and elitist bla bla bla.

Is someone being selfish here?

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"xiiliea.9356" said:

> > > Just a rant at Anet's content design recently.

> > >

> > > Achievements should be challenging but not so ridiculous that they take weeks of retrying, especially when they don't entirely rely on your own skills. I'm talking mainly about LNHB, but also about things like Dhuum CM.

> >

> > Count the number of elitist achievements released in 2017 that require weeks of retrying. It's easy, you can use your fingers.

> >

> > Now count the number of non-elitist achievements that are easily doable by just casual playing.

>

> Well obviously his argument is that such achievements shouldn't exist in any amount, period.

and what would that achieve except veterans going "I feel unrewarded".

This game is all ever so easy already, I love it when I finally have a task that takes me several tries and some practice.

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> To be fair, most of what are called achievements in this game require little to no skill. AP are busywork, the MMO staple. Some of them require some skill. Most only require a bit of effort and maybe some perseverance.

Yeah, i honestly prefer the ones that require some skill..

Although, I **loathe** stuff like the "No-Fly Zone" for shatterer, where it doesn't really depend on your skills, but on you being lucky enough to have enough people on a server that wants to try it, or stuff like the Fractal achievement where you need to carry the bombs on Underground without detection, but it's not just you that can't be detected... It's the **whole group**. I don't get why add **personal** achievements that 100% depend on the behaviour of others to complete.

I'd ask the question is this casual vs elitist or is it really noncompletist vs completist. The discussion almost duplicates a thread from GW1 days when Anet recognized Legendary Defender of Ascalon, a title that required an immense amount of time, patience and new behaviors. It required an initial setup then long periods of AFK and then a completion. Progress was slow and a player with perseverance could achieve the title in 2-3 months of game play. Not everyones cup of tea. It was a thorn in the side of many completists. To me the solution is; if the activity is frustrating and unenjoyable move on. Or stay miserable. The game has and is designed for all sorts of players. I think it unrealistic to expect one group of players to dictate how the game is designed.