Guild Wars 2 Outfit/armor design contest maybe? :D

I didn't get to participate in the weapon designs due to work and stuff, but will there be an outfit/armor design contest possibly? I think it'd really help with the lack of good designs with the non human races.

Top 10 for Norn with 1 overall winner

Top 10 for Charr with 1 overall winner

Top 10 for Sylvari with 1 overall winner

Top 10 for human with 1 overall winner

Top 10 for Asura with 1 overall winner

in armor or outfit category with dye channels included in the descriptions and design.

I mean maybe I'm reaching a but far but I could see this as a hopeful possibility!!

We're long overdue for more cultural armour.

These are some of the best armour sets in the game because of how universal useability is thrown out the window and the modeller is allowed to focus 110% on the particular race in question.

See, for example, Charr cultural vs. how they look in universal armour sets.

I would design a light armor outfit where the character has a skirt, the shoes are actually small leg skirts, the gloves are arm skirts and the chest is also a half-skirt. The head armor is an upside down stiff skirt and the shoulder pads is like wearing a metal skirt on the neck.

Also the medium and heavy armor would be identical, except having an extra butt cape on top of the main skirt.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> I would design a light armor outfit where the character has a skirt, the shoes are actually small leg skirts, the gloves are arm skirts and the chest is also a half-skirt. The head armor is an upside down stiff skirt and the shoulder pads is like wearing a metal skirt on the neck.

>

So... A flared crop-top, bell bottoms, dirt-standard shoulders, flared gloves, and the hat worm by Guinan on Star Trek?

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> Good idea, but

>

> * Why outfits which allows zero personalization?

> * Why put armors behind a race instead of working on something which can be used by every character? We do already have the armor wall, let's not add another one too.

Outfits are made faster than armors and they're convenient if you hate all the gw2 armors (not that I do but js) I don't care much for the outfits in general but they won't stop making them.

Well the reason for race armors is because Charr and Asura always get the short straw of the bunch with horrible clipping or weird shapes and stretching. That's why. Also, I'd love something that actually seemed like thought was put into it and not just made to look best for humans.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> I would design a light armor outfit where the character has a skirt, the shoes are actually small leg skirts, the gloves are arm skirts and the chest is also a half-skirt. The head armor is an upside down stiff skirt and the shoulder pads is like wearing a metal skirt on the neck.

>

> Also the medium and heavy armor would be identical, except having an extra butt cape on top of the main skirt.

*cowers* no more buttcapes!