People trying to justify scourge as balanced.

Razor.6392

Generally speaking, the damage isn't the source of the problems from the scourge. It's the corruption mechanic. If it wasn't for the corruption mechanic, scourge's damage would be mediocre at best against a skilled player.

But throw in the corruption and you get an overwhelming number of different conditions, some of which you can't prevent (certain classes just naturally buff themselves), many of which are ridiculously powerful for how little input they require (IE weakness vs. stacking might)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > You guys know you can easily LoS shades right? or am i breaking the forums with this knowledge? That kitten bugs out all the kitten time, any small obstruction renders them completely unable to attack you, including being on higher ground

> >

> > can you LoS the shade that is the necro himself?

>

> Haven’t you learned yet? I mean seriously. You can easily kite, range, or dodge both the shade and the necro. I mean it’s not like the necro can move. They must be stationary. And it’s not like shades have 900 range nor do they have a very large radius. Especially when used with sand savant. And it’s not like they can replace the shade elsewhere. It must remain in the same spot at melee range. You should totally get this by now.

>

> Scourge is by no means spammy. There are clear tells for the income damage. I mean don’t stand in the red circles...am I right? The shades must stay where they are and so must the necro. Just don’t stand in the red circles. Kill the immobile scourge that is standing on its shade from range and don’t worry about the rest of their team that is no where near the scourge ever.

>

> Also, it’s not like you don’t have condi clear. If you were dumb enough to stand in the sand shade (don’t know how that’s possible...I mean BIG RED IMMOVABLE CIRCLE....come on), you should just dodge the condi bomb (if you can even call it a condi bomb). Just pop your cleanses (but make sure not to waste it on the weak condis). You know you have to use it wisely. Cant just look at your bar and say “I have multiple stacks cripple, torment, bleed, burning, weakness so I need to cleanse”. I mean that is just stupid. Use it when you REALLY need it. Not sure why you’d need it in the first place cause range and kiting, but you know not everyone is as skilled as me.

>

> And if you waste your condi cleanse in the above scenario (I swear so many people waste condi cleanse on nothing), it’s not like you don’t have other mass condi clears. And RESISTANCE. I mean that one boon alone invalidates scourge. It’s not like scourge has any way of turning that boon off.

>

> This is clearly a learn to play issue. I mean really you should be ashamed of yourself.

>

I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > You guys know you can easily LoS shades right? or am i breaking the forums with this knowledge? That kitten bugs out all the kitten time, any small obstruction renders them completely unable to attack you, including being on higher ground

> > >

> > > can you LoS the shade that is the necro himself?

> >

> > Haven’t you learned yet? I mean seriously. You can easily kite, range, or dodge both the shade and the necro. I mean it’s not like the necro can move. They must be stationary. And it’s not like shades have 900 range nor do they have a very large radius. Especially when used with sand savant. And it’s not like they can replace the shade elsewhere. It must remain in the same spot at melee range. You should totally get this by now.

> >

> > Scourge is by no means spammy. There are clear tells for the income damage. I mean don’t stand in the red circles...am I right? The shades must stay where they are and so must the necro. Just don’t stand in the red circles. Kill the immobile scourge that is standing on its shade from range and don’t worry about the rest of their team that is no where near the scourge ever.

> >

> > Also, it’s not like you don’t have condi clear. If you were dumb enough to stand in the sand shade (don’t know how that’s possible...I mean BIG RED IMMOVABLE CIRCLE....come on), you should just dodge the condi bomb (if you can even call it a condi bomb). Just pop your cleanses (but make sure not to waste it on the weak condis). You know you have to use it wisely. Cant just look at your bar and say “I have multiple stacks cripple, torment, bleed, burning, weakness so I need to cleanse”. I mean that is just stupid. Use it when you REALLY need it. Not sure why you’d need it in the first place cause range and kiting, but you know not everyone is as skilled as me.

> >

> > And if you waste your condi cleanse in the above scenario (I swear so many people waste condi cleanse on nothing), it’s not like you don’t have other mass condi clears. And RESISTANCE. I mean that one boon alone invalidates scourge. It’s not like scourge has any way of turning that boon off.

> >

> > This is clearly a learn to play issue. I mean really you should be ashamed of yourself.

> >

>

> I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic.

You never know with some people ;D

> @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > You guys know you can easily LoS shades right? or am i breaking the forums with this knowledge? That kitten bugs out all the kitten time, any small obstruction renders them completely unable to attack you, including being on higher ground

> >

>

> Haven’t you learned yet? I mean seriously. You can easily kite, range, or dodge both the shade and the necro. I mean it’s not like the necro can move. They must be stationary. And it’s not like shades have 900 range nor do they have a very large radius. Especially when used with sand savant. And it’s not like they can replace the shade elsewhere. It must remain in the same spot at melee range. You should totally get this by now.

>

> Scourge is by no means spammy. There are clear tells for the income damage. I mean don’t stand in the red circles...am I right? The shades must stay where they are and so must the necro. Just don’t stand in the red circles. Kill the immobile scourge that is standing on its shade from range and don’t worry about the rest of their team that is no where near the scourge ever.

>

> Also, it’s not like you don’t have condi clear. If you were dumb enough to stand in the sand shade (don’t know how that’s possible...I mean BIG RED IMMOVABLE CIRCLE....come on), you should just dodge the condi bomb (if you can even call it a condi bomb). Just pop your cleanses (but make sure not to waste it on the weak condis). You know you have to use it wisely. Cant just look at your bar and say “I have multiple stacks cripple, torment, bleed, burning, weakness so I need to cleanse”. I mean that is just stupid. Use it when you REALLY need it. Not sure why you’d need it in the first place cause range and kiting, but you know not everyone is as skilled as me.

>

> And if you waste your condi cleanse in the above scenario (I swear so many people waste condi cleanse on nothing), it’s not like you don’t have other mass condi clears. And RESISTANCE. I mean that one boon alone invalidates scourge. It’s not like scourge has any way of turning that boon off.

>

> This is clearly a learn to play issue. I mean really you should be ashamed of yourself.

>

And yet scourge are under-represented in the top 100, it's like they can't carry a team due to poor disengage and lack of any real defense.

I get that they have strong condi application and area control. Play offensively, like the rest of the top players do, and maybe they aren't so threatening!

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > You guys know you can easily LoS shades right? or am i breaking the forums with this knowledge? That kitten bugs out all the kitten time, any small obstruction renders them completely unable to attack you, including being on higher ground

> > >

> >

> > Haven’t you learned yet? I mean seriously. You can easily kite, range, or dodge both the shade and the necro. I mean it’s not like the necro can move. They must be stationary. And it’s not like shades have 900 range nor do they have a very large radius. Especially when used with sand savant. And it’s not like they can replace the shade elsewhere. It must remain in the same spot at melee range. You should totally get this by now.

> >

> > Scourge is by no means spammy. There are clear tells for the income damage. I mean don’t stand in the red circles...am I right? The shades must stay where they are and so must the necro. Just don’t stand in the red circles. Kill the immobile scourge that is standing on its shade from range and don’t worry about the rest of their team that is no where near the scourge ever.

> >

> > Also, it’s not like you don’t have condi clear. If you were dumb enough to stand in the sand shade (don’t know how that’s possible...I mean BIG RED IMMOVABLE CIRCLE....come on), you should just dodge the condi bomb (if you can even call it a condi bomb). Just pop your cleanses (but make sure not to waste it on the weak condis). You know you have to use it wisely. Cant just look at your bar and say “I have multiple stacks cripple, torment, bleed, burning, weakness so I need to cleanse”. I mean that is just stupid. Use it when you REALLY need it. Not sure why you’d need it in the first place cause range and kiting, but you know not everyone is as skilled as me.

> >

> > And if you waste your condi cleanse in the above scenario (I swear so many people waste condi cleanse on nothing), it’s not like you don’t have other mass condi clears. And RESISTANCE. I mean that one boon alone invalidates scourge. It’s not like scourge has any way of turning that boon off.

> >

> > This is clearly a learn to play issue. I mean really you should be ashamed of yourself.

> >

>

> And yet scourge are under-represented in the top 100, it's like they can't carry a team due to poor disengage and lack of any real defense.

>

> I get that they have strong condi application and area control. Play offensively, like the rest of the top players do, and maybe they aren't so threatening!

Scourges are under-represented in the top 100 because the other teams also have scourges. Thus, there is no advantage given to either side. They have extremely high condition pressure with 0 telegraphs... that's all they need to carry.

Yes, because charging in offensively to fight a Scouge under his shades is a _good_ idea.

*pats on back*

I love all the "Bring Ranged" answers.....

A wild Ranger appeared.... He used Rapid Fire!

Fire Brand reflected it back using Valiant Bulwark, it's not very effective.

A wild Thief appeared.... He used Unload!

Scourge used Corrosive Poison Cloud, it's not very effective.

Anyway, 1 more to add to the OP list.

- It's unfair that Diamond skin hard counters necro full condition builds, Learn to play if you can't melee a scourge.

> @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> I adapted, I never fought this kitten alone as revenant. But again, you can't always +1 and there are in fact many scenarios where you just have to 1v1 them and this is why I am not going to play till next balance patch :D Doubt anything will change tho

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you actually can take a 1v1 against scourge as a power rev... if you have a good opener, which is more of a gank than 1v1, but still =)

> @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> >

>

>

>

> Also, it’s not like you don’t have condi clear. If you were dumb enough to stand in the sand shade (don’t know how that’s possible...I mean BIG RED IMMOVABLE CIRCLE...

Actually shade F1 can be placed at 900 range under your feet and the radius is huge if traited.

And then with a spam of F2, F3, some staff skill and scepter you get the work done. If almost dead spam F4 and F5 for barried which brings you again more than 50% health, healing skill and repeat from F1.

> @"Miles Smiles.8951" said:

> > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > I adapted, I never fought this kitten alone as revenant. But again, you can't always +1 and there are in fact many scenarios where you just have to 1v1 them and this is why I am not going to play till next balance patch :D Doubt anything will change tho

>

> I can't believe I'm saying this, but you actually can take a 1v1 against scourge as a power rev... if you have a good opener, which is more of a gank than 1v1, but still =)

True if it's your average cattle scourge that rolled it because it provides them with easy time lolz.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic.

Don't get worked up, shadow, This is pvp subforums, obviusly full of trolls.

I agree with you, in wvw you may survive just because of the extra space but in PvP is absurd to try to fight an scourge on point.

A competent druid will not die against an scourge as when the pressure is too high just need to stealth and retreat, but in no way will be able to take a point or even keep one or to stall an scourge. As soon as it drops the shades you are forced to leave.

The firebrand duo is simply ridiculous with almost any other class, it doesn't matter if is an scourge, spellbreaker or mirage.

I hope with the next balance the team actually does something disrruptive to fix all this nosense.

> @"Demon.6743" said:

> Have you ever seen a class equipped with: tanky+range+aoe+high dps in any other MMOs?

> The only thing missing for scourge is mobility which is irrelevant in pvp.

also corruption, that turn buff on foe into debuff and damage....

It is a full low skill floor care pack all in one.

I mean, scourge is strong but to be fair they’re also fucking paper, and unlike normal necros with their shroud as an always present defensive CD, they don’t have shit to stop people from killing them, thus the sudden rise in Firebrand supports to protect the scourge.

I play as a ranger/Druid/Soulbeast though so I’m not really subject to the menace of these two professions due to either being a bunker, or just being able to straight up ignore blocking for long enough to put either one of them down.

That being said, a scourge in a team fight without someone to babysit them is going to die faster than a slug in a salt mine once you call them out.

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> I mean, scourge is strong but to be fair they’re also kitten paper, and unlike normal necros with their shroud as an always present defensive CD, they don’t have kitten to stop people from killing them, thus the sudden rise in Firebrand supports to protect the scourge.

In practice killing a Scourge is much more difficult than killing a reaper or core because Scourge can easily counterpressure anything that engages them, meanwhile Core necro and Reaper have trouble applying counterpressure when under pressure themselves.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > I mean, scourge is strong but to be fair they’re also kitten paper, and unlike normal necros with their shroud as an always present defensive CD, they don’t have kitten to stop people from killing them, thus the sudden rise in Firebrand supports to protect the scourge.

>

> In practice killing a Scourge is much more difficult than killing a reaper or core because Scourge can easily counterpressure anything that engages them, meanwhile Core necro and Reaper have trouble applying counterpressure when under pressure themselves.

I personally welcome the new scourge meta since I have a significantly easier time putting them down than I’ve ever had with a reaper or base necro. Scourge is certainly more dangerous offensively than core necro, and has way more range and AoE than reaper, but my god is it just a sitting duck if you’re able to either shrug off or avoid their damage.

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > I mean, scourge is strong but to be fair they’re also kitten paper, and unlike normal necros with their shroud as an always present defensive CD, they don’t have kitten to stop people from killing them, thus the sudden rise in Firebrand supports to protect the scourge.

> >

> > In practice killing a Scourge is much more difficult than killing a reaper or core because Scourge can easily counterpressure anything that engages them, meanwhile Core necro and Reaper have trouble applying counterpressure when under pressure themselves.

>

> I personally welcome the new scourge meta since I have a significantly easier time putting them down than I’ve ever had with a reaper or base necro. Scourge is certainly more dangerous offensively than core necro, and has way more range and AoE than reaper, but my god is it just a sitting duck if you’re able to either shrug off or avoid their damage.

Of course the ranger thinks Scourge is balanced.

Scourge is a much more tankier platform than Reaper, assuming that the Scourge can:

a) knows how to LOS

b) knows how to kite

c) knows how to counterpressure.]

Unfortunately due to Scourge being so overpowered we have a glut of lesser skilled players ending up at way higher ranks than they normally would be, which gives players like you the false impression that Scourge is weak.

> @"arenta.2953" said:

> don't forget "they don't have range or mobility. so just range them to death" as if thats actually possible <.<

It is.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> Why then were there only a handful of scourge in the top 100 last season?

Because scourge is mostly a problem for low tier players (which are the majority).

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> You guys know you can easily LoS shades right? or am i breaking the forums with this knowledge? That kitten bugs out all the kitten time, any small obstruction renders them completely unable to attack you, including being on higher ground

Good players know this, but often good players don't go to the forums and complain.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > > I mean, scourge is strong but to be fair they’re also kitten paper, and unlike normal necros with their shroud as an always present defensive CD, they don’t have kitten to stop people from killing them, thus the sudden rise in Firebrand supports to protect the scourge.

> > >

> > > In practice killing a Scourge is much more difficult than killing a reaper or core because Scourge can easily counterpressure anything that engages them, meanwhile Core necro and Reaper have trouble applying counterpressure when under pressure themselves.

> >

> > I personally welcome the new scourge meta since I have a significantly easier time putting them down than I’ve ever had with a reaper or base necro. Scourge is certainly more dangerous offensively than core necro, and has way more range and AoE than reaper, but my god is it just a sitting duck if you’re able to either shrug off or avoid their damage.

>

> Of course the ranger thinks Scourge is balanced.

>

> Scourge is a much more tankier platform than Reaper, assuming that the Scourge can:

> a) knows how to LOS

> b) knows how to kite

> c) knows how to counterpressure.]

>

> Unfortunately due to Scourge being so overpowered we have a glut of lesser skilled players ending up at way higher ranks than they normally would be, which gives players like you the false impression that Scourge is weak.

>

1) If they’re LOSing they’re off the point, and thus it’s irrelevant since the point is either neutralized, or is mine.

2) it’s a scourge, the slowest class in the game, their “kiting” consists of running away at normal run speed, but they’d probably be crippled or chilled just like I’d be, but I’d either have GAO closers if I’m melee, or not give a fuck that they’re “kiting” if I’m ranged.

3) counterpressure doesn’t make you tankier contrary to popular belief, at most it’ll force me off the point or to pop a defensive CD to live long enough to kill them.

Scourge just looks like it’s another PUB stomper like dragon hunter trappers were, they’ll shit all over idiots and thus people will scream they’re broken, but if you know what to do against them they’ll not be a problem. And seeing as how scourge follows the same trend as dragon hunter trappers of not showing up in the super high ranks, it looks like that’s probably the case.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > don't forget "they don't have range or mobility. so just range them to death" as if thats actually possible <.<

>

> It is.

if they just stay there. and its 1 on 1. sure.

but be realistic. in a fight, they going to try to get to you. and use terrain or ranged skills with cripple or immoblize to do it.

and if its a group zerg. may god have mercy cause that scourge is going to stampede on you. and no armor will save you. no condition cleanse will be enough. and any boon will just fk you over.

> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > don't forget "they don't have range or mobility. so just range them to death" as if thats actually possible <.<

> >

> > It is.

>

>

> if they just stay there. and its 1 on 1. sure.

>

> but be realistic. in a fight, they going to try to get to you. and use terrain or ranged skills with cripple or immoblize to do it.

>

> and if its a group zerg. may god have mercy cause that scourge is going to stampede on you. and no armor will save you. no condition cleanse will be enough. and any boon will just kitten you over.

You're makign some wrong assumptions here...

A Ranger/Druid won't be a high priority target for a group, a scourge, will... So what's more likely in a group fight? The whole enemy focusing a ranger sniping a scourge, or the ranger's team focusing the scourge, thus allowing him to obliterate the scourge?

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > > don't forget "they don't have range or mobility. so just range them to death" as if thats actually possible <.<

> > >

> > > It is.

> >

> >

> > if they just stay there. and its 1 on 1. sure.

> >

> > but be realistic. in a fight, they going to try to get to you. and use terrain or ranged skills with cripple or immoblize to do it.

> >

> > and if its a group zerg. may god have mercy cause that scourge is going to stampede on you. and no armor will save you. no condition cleanse will be enough. and any boon will just kitten you over.

>

> You're makign some wrong assumptions here...

> A Ranger/Druid won't be a high priority target for a group, a scourge, will... So what's more likely in a group fight? The whole enemy focusing a ranger sniping a scourge, or the ranger's team focusing the scourge, thus allowing him to obliterate the scourge?

how long will it take for a single ranger to kill a scourge thats in a zerg, and which benefits from zerg heals. (not to mention shots beign obstructed, or hitting wrong enemy)

and good luck targeting a single scourge in a zerg. its called a zerg for a reason.

and if you've done wvw. you'll know why people spam AoES rather than single target.

People always try to justify their sources of free or low effort currency and shinnies.

They are only fools who do not realize ANet has their own metrics and can see these broken builds being too effective too often. So when those get finally fixed despite all their efforts to prevent the fixes by antagonizing anyone speaking from reason, they whine and cry in frustration, which only shows their immaturity. Their immaturity to admit they know the build is too effective too often, and their immaturity to cope with the changes that rightfully have to be done to address the problem.

Let's get more ridiculous shall we?

1.Scrouge is immortal so he is: powerproof, condiproof, moaproof, ccproof,1 man spikeproof, 2 man spikeproof, 3 man spikeproof,4 man spikeproof... basically no counters.

2. All necro players are in reality evil corrupted toxic people and should be banned from playing these game. It has nothing to do with anet that made super player friendly elite spec for aoe hugs...but look what those evil necro did...those bastards!

3. It's well know fact that those red circles near necro are full of candy and you should get them first before enemy team gets them. Unfortunately evil necro puts under them invisible aoes that instantly one-shot people.

4. Necro have mini pets called firebrands that run around them for no reason. Unfortunately thanks to bug they seem to be bigger then they should. Plz anet resize firebrands.

5. Nobody knows why but scourge tend to instantly teleport to respawn point when alone on map. I think they are speed hacking.

6. Scoruge has ability of phaseing: in big teamfights nobody can target and foucs necro. It's more op then invisibly. Thief's should definitely learn something from necro.

7. Every time you use condi clense you pay real life 10$ for each condition so there is no point to have any of these in your build. Nobody knows why every single meta build has vitality in it...those mettabattle noobs. Big healthpools doesn't slow down condi.

8. You can't win Monthly At without team with 3 scourges. It was proven on streams.

9. Every time when you see streamers (like misha, sindrener, zan, frostball ect) kill scourge...it's all lie. They are win trading with that scourge. Sindrener is so poor now that he can't even afford to feed his dog. Also they are so high in ranked because they play offstream scourge.

10. Scoruge is so bad that is completely justified to make 10000000000 posts about it everyday. Scourge is so badly balanced that you should also tell about it your mom, dad, dog, cat, grandma and president of country. Everybody needs to know how video game character is op and we all enjoy to read it all the time nonstop.

11. I am completely necro lover and this all is justification that scourge is balanced because I play the best meta class in this game: Ele. Check my history of comments to know how I love devs work on pvp ele and how I say in every post that scourge is balanced.

> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > > > don't forget "they don't have range or mobility. so just range them to death" as if thats actually possible <.<

> > > >

> > > > It is.

> > >

> > >

> > > if they just stay there. and its 1 on 1. sure.

> > >

> > > but be realistic. in a fight, they going to try to get to you. and use terrain or ranged skills with cripple or immoblize to do it.

> > >

> > > and if its a group zerg. may god have mercy cause that scourge is going to stampede on you. and no armor will save you. no condition cleanse will be enough. and any boon will just kitten you over.

> >

> > You're makign some wrong assumptions here...

> > A Ranger/Druid won't be a high priority target for a group, a scourge, will... So what's more likely in a group fight? The whole enemy focusing a ranger sniping a scourge, or the ranger's team focusing the scourge, thus allowing him to obliterate the scourge?

>

> how long will it take for a single ranger to kill a scourge thats in a zerg, and which benefits from zerg heals. (not to mention shots beign obstructed, or hitting wrong enemy)

>

> and good luck targeting a single scourge in a zerg. its called a zerg for a reason.

>

> and if you've done wvw. you'll know why people spam AoES rather than single target.

Oh you're talking WvW? I thought this was a PvP post, my bad..

In WvW, there will be Scourge bombs, Spellbreaker bubbles, meteor showers, Ranger LB 5, there's a lot of aoes to go around. I don't consider that fighting, i consider that mobbing.