Is Fractals changed? Extremely difficult today.

Demon.6743

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > > > > > > Got another change coming to help groups that are struggling with the Twilight Oasis boss. We plan to add a checkpoint at the start of Dwayna, so if you are wiping over and over you don't have to keep slogging through the first two phases, which are easy compared to the rest.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Isnt the point of dying to a boss fight that you have ti repeat said boss fight?

> > > > >

> > > > > You'll have to repeat dwayna onward, which is the hard part.

> > > >

> > > > So its like telling me if you wipe on arkk at 30% u get to start at 30% since its the hardest part. Ok i guess im the only one who feels like this is a joke.

> > >

> > > Yes, but if you wipe at 5% you start over at 30%, not at 5%.

> > > Btw i did ask for that, read upwards.

> > > Why not? I mean you already did the previous phases, you know you can do it, having to do it again is just time wasted.

> > > And honestly, if you don't usually wipe in any of those (i don't, most of the time) it's no different from anything. It doesn't diminish your skill, nor does it detract from your experience. So why would you be angry at it?

> >

> > ITS A BOSS FIGHT. The point of it is to beat its entirety in one go not take short breaks for some tea and cookies and come back from where u

> > left off.

> >

> > But if its like that sure. Hey raid devs make it so ppl can skip to the 50% of dhuum normal or even cm. If they wiped after the 50% mark they clearly deserve to start from that point onwards. OH also do that for the last phase of Mattias as well.

>

> Wow mate, just wow.

> Your worth isn't measured by beating bosses... And well, if you're so miffed about it, just leave the fractal if you wipe, you can always do it all over.

> Or maybe Ben will be kind to masochists and add a mote with an option to reset the whole boss, so you can do it your way. Bet you wouldn't, would ya?

Why would the entire fractal reset if we didnt kill the boss? My issue is not with check point in the diff parts of the fractal esp if they are after an event or a boss fight before the final boss.

And well if i could reset cm bosses for extra loot then sure ^^

Mfw doing the whole boss which takes 5 min at once is considered masochism.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > > > > > > > Got another change coming to help groups that are struggling with the Twilight Oasis boss. We plan to add a checkpoint at the start of Dwayna, so if you are wiping over and over you don't have to keep slogging through the first two phases, which are easy compared to the rest.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Isnt the point of dying to a boss fight that you have ti repeat said boss fight?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You'll have to repeat dwayna onward, which is the hard part.

> > > > >

> > > > > So its like telling me if you wipe on arkk at 30% u get to start at 30% since its the hardest part. Ok i guess im the only one who feels like this is a joke.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, but if you wipe at 5% you start over at 30%, not at 5%.

> > > > Btw i did ask for that, read upwards.

> > > > Why not? I mean you already did the previous phases, you know you can do it, having to do it again is just time wasted.

> > > > And honestly, if you don't usually wipe in any of those (i don't, most of the time) it's no different from anything. It doesn't diminish your skill, nor does it detract from your experience. So why would you be angry at it?

> > >

> > > ITS A BOSS FIGHT. The point of it is to beat its entirety in one go not take short breaks for some tea and cookies and come back from where u

> > > left off.

> > >

> > > But if its like that sure. Hey raid devs make it so ppl can skip to the 50% of dhuum normal or even cm. If they wiped after the 50% mark they clearly deserve to start from that point onwards. OH also do that for the last phase of Mattias as well.

> >

> > Wow mate, just wow.

> > Your worth isn't measured by beating bosses... And well, if you're so miffed about it, just leave the fractal if you wipe, you can always do it all over.

> > Or maybe Ben will be kind to masochists and add a mote with an option to reset the whole boss, so you can do it your way. Bet you wouldn't, would ya?

>

> Why would the entire fractal reset if we didnt kill the boss? My issue is not with check point in the diff parts of the fractal esp if they are afterwards an event inside the fractal or a boss fight.

>

> And well if i could reset cm bosses for extra loot then sure ^^

>

> Mfw doing the whole boss which takes 5 min at once is considered masochism.

That's for you that aren't wiping.

My first experience on TO was T4 it took me close to 1 hour before everyone got the boss mechanics down. And it took several attempts to figure out Dwayna and Balth, those were the worse.

This change isn't affecting me, or anyone else that does fractals regularly, because honestly if you do fractals daily, you're not wiping on TO, it's a pretty easy encounter once you figure it out.

It's meant for people that are learning the encounter, and in all honesty, if i could have a "training mode" for Raids that would start over at specific phases in bosses so people can learn those better without having to plough through the rest of the encounter over and over, that would be awesome.

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > > > > > > > > Got another change coming to help groups that are struggling with the Twilight Oasis boss. We plan to add a checkpoint at the start of Dwayna, so if you are wiping over and over you don't have to keep slogging through the first two phases, which are easy compared to the rest.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Isnt the point of dying to a boss fight that you have ti repeat said boss fight?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You'll have to repeat dwayna onward, which is the hard part.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So its like telling me if you wipe on arkk at 30% u get to start at 30% since its the hardest part. Ok i guess im the only one who feels like this is a joke.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, but if you wipe at 5% you start over at 30%, not at 5%.

> > > > > Btw i did ask for that, read upwards.

> > > > > Why not? I mean you already did the previous phases, you know you can do it, having to do it again is just time wasted.

> > > > > And honestly, if you don't usually wipe in any of those (i don't, most of the time) it's no different from anything. It doesn't diminish your skill, nor does it detract from your experience. So why would you be angry at it?

> > > >

> > > > ITS A BOSS FIGHT. The point of it is to beat its entirety in one go not take short breaks for some tea and cookies and come back from where u

> > > > left off.

> > > >

> > > > But if its like that sure. Hey raid devs make it so ppl can skip to the 50% of dhuum normal or even cm. If they wiped after the 50% mark they clearly deserve to start from that point onwards. OH also do that for the last phase of Mattias as well.

> > >

> > > Wow mate, just wow.

> > > Your worth isn't measured by beating bosses... And well, if you're so miffed about it, just leave the fractal if you wipe, you can always do it all over.

> > > Or maybe Ben will be kind to masochists and add a mote with an option to reset the whole boss, so you can do it your way. Bet you wouldn't, would ya?

> >

> > Why would the entire fractal reset if we didnt kill the boss? My issue is not with check point in the diff parts of the fractal esp if they are afterwards an event inside the fractal or a boss fight.

> >

> > And well if i could reset cm bosses for extra loot then sure ^^

> >

> > Mfw doing the whole boss which takes 5 min at once is considered masochism.

>

> That's for you that aren't wiping.

> My first experience on TO was T4 it took me close to 1 hour before everyone got the boss mechanics down. And it took several attempts to figure out Dwayna and Balth, those were the worse.

> This change isn't affecting me, or anyone else that does fractals regularly, because honestly if you do fractals daily, you're not wiping on TO, it's a pretty easy encounter once you figure it out.

> It's meant for people that are learning the encounter, and in all honesty, if i could have a "training mode" for Raids that would start over at specific phases in bosses so people can learn those better without having to plough through the rest of the encounter over and over, that would be awesome.

Ye, a training mode with specific phases would be neat but thats not what will happen here this effectivelly make the fight soooo much easier for early groups and that defeats the purpose of it being a t4 "hard fractal"

My issue also is if they do it here who stops then from having it on release on new fractals and even cms. A boss is one entity of the fractal which should be dealt with in 1 go its not the entire fractal which consists of various diff objectives and encounters.

Lyssa (hard) - She's a Mess! *pun* Stay close to the wall; avoid standing in the middle in range of her stationary clones/portal bombs. Have her marked targetted after each teleport (look for the one with condi ticking). What makes her difficult is occasionally she will mark a single player and causes everyone in the radius will be polymorph moa after *3secs* (which does not cancel your auto attacks *need to verify this*) Take note while you're in Moa form, auto attacks causes you to dash forward potentially into a portal unwillingly.

Melandru (easy) - Have the person marked away from the group, while everyone else stacked up for Amala, she doesn't do much dmg.

Dwayna (medium) - Keep moving and hit the special action key when she uses the homing lightning strikes(especially hamstrung/caught in tornado.*indicator aside the crackling sound?*) and occasionally when the entire room is covered with AoE circles.(doesn't kill but any dmg causes hamstrung)

Grenth (easy) - Punch bag.

Balthazar (hard) - Avoid the aoe on the ground. The bigger the size of the AoE's circle, the more lethal. Hit the special action key, especially when the giant AoE circle appears, a meteor will land(lethal) followed by a pulse knocking down players. What makes this part difficult is occasionally the Boss will perform this leap strike on a random player that is almost impossible to evade/hit the special action key in time.

Tips : Priortize killing vindicators if there's any. Ignore fully dead players, they will automatically be revived everytime Amala changes phase. Condi cleanse skill helps alot.

I usually see groups wipe at Dwayna and Balthazar, usually because they don't avoid the crucial attacks. With Dwayna, save your special action for when she uses the lightning attack that chases you around. 1 dodge + special action is enough to avoid all of the lightning. And do NOT bunch up in that phase, because each player gets tracked by their own lightning, which increases the chance that a squishy character just gets insta-downed.

With Balthazar, you generally want to stay close to her since her attacks cover a lot of the field, but she doesn't often use her melee attacks as a result. The ones you want to save your dodges and special action for are the big growing aoe circles, since those deal a ton of damage. Dodge INTO the circles to avoid the shockwave.

As someone above also said, kill Vindicators ASAP if they spawn. It's also worthwhile having a defensive skill or two because too often the people I see going down are the ones who have invested all-in for DPS and thus can't survive against the constant damage+CC that Amala is capable of dishing out.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Got another change coming to help groups that are struggling with the Twilight Oasis boss. We plan to add a checkpoint at the start of Dwayna, so if you are wiping over and over you don't have to keep slogging through the first two phases, which are easy compared to the rest.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Isnt the point of dying to a boss fight that you have ti repeat said boss fight?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You'll have to repeat dwayna onward, which is the hard part.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So its like telling me if you wipe on arkk at 30% u get to start at 30% since its the hardest part. Ok i guess im the only one who feels like this is a joke.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, but if you wipe at 5% you start over at 30%, not at 5%.

> > > > > > Btw i did ask for that, read upwards.

> > > > > > Why not? I mean you already did the previous phases, you know you can do it, having to do it again is just time wasted.

> > > > > > And honestly, if you don't usually wipe in any of those (i don't, most of the time) it's no different from anything. It doesn't diminish your skill, nor does it detract from your experience. So why would you be angry at it?

> > > > >

> > > > > ITS A BOSS FIGHT. The point of it is to beat its entirety in one go not take short breaks for some tea and cookies and come back from where u

> > > > > left off.

> > > > >

> > > > > But if its like that sure. Hey raid devs make it so ppl can skip to the 50% of dhuum normal or even cm. If they wiped after the 50% mark they clearly deserve to start from that point onwards. OH also do that for the last phase of Mattias as well.

> > > >

> > > > Wow mate, just wow.

> > > > Your worth isn't measured by beating bosses... And well, if you're so miffed about it, just leave the fractal if you wipe, you can always do it all over.

> > > > Or maybe Ben will be kind to masochists and add a mote with an option to reset the whole boss, so you can do it your way. Bet you wouldn't, would ya?

> > >

> > > Why would the entire fractal reset if we didnt kill the boss? My issue is not with check point in the diff parts of the fractal esp if they are afterwards an event inside the fractal or a boss fight.

> > >

> > > And well if i could reset cm bosses for extra loot then sure ^^

> > >

> > > Mfw doing the whole boss which takes 5 min at once is considered masochism.

> >

> > That's for you that aren't wiping.

> > My first experience on TO was T4 it took me close to 1 hour before everyone got the boss mechanics down. And it took several attempts to figure out Dwayna and Balth, those were the worse.

> > This change isn't affecting me, or anyone else that does fractals regularly, because honestly if you do fractals daily, you're not wiping on TO, it's a pretty easy encounter once you figure it out.

> > It's meant for people that are learning the encounter, and in all honesty, if i could have a "training mode" for Raids that would start over at specific phases in bosses so people can learn those better without having to plough through the rest of the encounter over and over, that would be awesome.

>

> Ye, a training mode with specific phases would be neat but thats not what will happen here this effectivelly make the fight soooo much easier for early groups and that defeats the purpose of it being a t4 "hard fractal"

>

It's exactly as hard, you just don't have to repeat the same steps again if you wipe past dwayna.

> My issue also is if they do it here who stops then from having it on release on new fractals and even cms. A boss is one entity of the fractal which should be dealt with in 1 go its not the entire fractal which consists of various diff objectives and encounters.

Tell that to all the bosses with annoying phases, like that first guy on SO. I wish i could deal with him in one go, instead of having to waste time running around.

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> Lyssa (hard) - She's a Mess! *pun* Stay close to the wall; avoid standing in the middle in range of her stationary clones/portal bombs. Have her marked targetted after each teleport (look for the one with condi ticking). What makes her difficult is occasionally she will mark a single player and causes everyone in the radius will be polymorph moa after 3secs (which does not cancel your auto attacks *need to verify this*) Take note while you're in Moa form, auto attacks causes you to dash forward potentially into a portal unwillingly.

>

Lyssa hard? Seriously?

Just attack them in a circle till you get one that takes less damage than others, tag that one. If you have a ranger, don't use pet skills, the pet will follow it around.

If you have condis on her watch for the condi ticks.

DPS, avoid the stuff on the ground, if you have a "bomb" on you, get away from others and dodge at the end. Rinse and repeat. Shouldn't take more than 1 minute to finish.

> Melandru (easy) - Have the person marked away from the group, while everyone else stacked up for Amala, she doesn't do much dmg.

>

Pretty much.

> Dwayna (medium) - Keep moving and hit the special action key (especially hamstrung/caught in tornado) when she uses the homing lightning strikes(any indicator aside the crackling sound?) and occasionally when the entire room is covered with AoE circles.(doesn't kill but any dmg causes hamstrung)

>

Dude. If you have lightning, move, the lightning hits the last spot you were on. Don't stack with others. Save your special action for the AOEs (you'll see a circle charging on the ground, when it fills the aoe explodes). If you're close to the center of the AoE, jump just before it fills, otherwise watch the wave, and jump before it gets close to you.

There will also be a "star" pattern on the ground that leaves a blue gunk behind, that stuff hurts. Don't step on it.

> Grenth (easy) - Punch bag.

>

> Balthazar (hard) - Avoid the aoe on the ground. The bigger the size of the AoE's circle, the more damage. Hit the special action key, especially when the giant AoE circle appears, as a meteor will land(lethal) and a pulse occured will knockdown players. What makes this part difficult is occasionally the Boss will perform this leap strike on a random player that is almost impossible to evade/hit the special action key in time.

>

Something like that. This is pretty much Dwayna on steroids. It has pretty much the same mechanics, but with way more damage.

Careful with the wing shapped attack, that thing hurts.

After you CC Balthazar mode, go up and pull the adds together so you can cleave them faster. The actual priest will be invuln until you kill the guys around it.

> Tips : Priortize killing vindicators if there's any. Ignore fully dead players, they will automatically be revived everytime Amala changes phase. Condi cleanse skill helps alot.

Everything on this boss is very telegraphed, if you're aware, and focus a bit it's one of the easier bosses in Fractals. The whole fractal just takes a while because of the setup to the boss... Also that last shaper is a pain in the but. Honestly sometimes those elites are harder than the boss.

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Got another change coming to help groups that are struggling with the Twilight Oasis boss. We plan to add a checkpoint at the start of Dwayna, so if you are wiping over and over you don't have to keep slogging through the first two phases, which are easy compared to the rest.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Isnt the point of dying to a boss fight that you have ti repeat said boss fight?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You'll have to repeat dwayna onward, which is the hard part.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So its like telling me if you wipe on arkk at 30% u get to start at 30% since its the hardest part. Ok i guess im the only one who feels like this is a joke.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes, but if you wipe at 5% you start over at 30%, not at 5%.

> > > > > > > Btw i did ask for that, read upwards.

> > > > > > > Why not? I mean you already did the previous phases, you know you can do it, having to do it again is just time wasted.

> > > > > > > And honestly, if you don't usually wipe in any of those (i don't, most of the time) it's no different from anything. It doesn't diminish your skill, nor does it detract from your experience. So why would you be angry at it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ITS A BOSS FIGHT. The point of it is to beat its entirety in one go not take short breaks for some tea and cookies and come back from where u

> > > > > > left off.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But if its like that sure. Hey raid devs make it so ppl can skip to the 50% of dhuum normal or even cm. If they wiped after the 50% mark they clearly deserve to start from that point onwards. OH also do that for the last phase of Mattias as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wow mate, just wow.

> > > > > Your worth isn't measured by beating bosses... And well, if you're so miffed about it, just leave the fractal if you wipe, you can always do it all over.

> > > > > Or maybe Ben will be kind to masochists and add a mote with an option to reset the whole boss, so you can do it your way. Bet you wouldn't, would ya?

> > > >

> > > > Why would the entire fractal reset if we didnt kill the boss? My issue is not with check point in the diff parts of the fractal esp if they are afterwards an event inside the fractal or a boss fight.

> > > >

> > > > And well if i could reset cm bosses for extra loot then sure ^^

> > > >

> > > > Mfw doing the whole boss which takes 5 min at once is considered masochism.

> > >

> > > That's for you that aren't wiping.

> > > My first experience on TO was T4 it took me close to 1 hour before everyone got the boss mechanics down. And it took several attempts to figure out Dwayna and Balth, those were the worse.

> > > This change isn't affecting me, or anyone else that does fractals regularly, because honestly if you do fractals daily, you're not wiping on TO, it's a pretty easy encounter once you figure it out.

> > > It's meant for people that are learning the encounter, and in all honesty, if i could have a "training mode" for Raids that would start over at specific phases in bosses so people can learn those better without having to plough through the rest of the encounter over and over, that would be awesome.

> >

> > Ye, a training mode with specific phases would be neat but thats not what will happen here this effectivelly make the fight soooo much easier for early groups and that defeats the purpose of it being a t4 "hard fractal"

> >

> It's exactly as hard, you just don't have to repeat the same steps again if you wipe past dwayna.

>

> > My issue also is if they do it here who stops then from having it on release on new fractals and even cms. A boss is one entity of the fractal which should be dealt with in 1 go its not the entire fractal which consists of various diff objectives and encounters.

> Tell that to all the bosses with annoying phases, like that first guy on SO. I wish i could deal with him in one go, instead of having to waste time running around.

> > @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > Lyssa (hard) - She's a Mess! *pun* Stay close to the wall; avoid standing in the middle in range of her stationary clones/portal bombs. Have her marked targetted after each teleport (look for the one with condi ticking). What makes her difficult is occasionally she will mark a single player and causes everyone in the radius will be polymorph moa after 3secs (which does not cancel your auto attacks *need to verify this*) Take note while you're in Moa form, auto attacks causes you to dash forward potentially into a portal unwillingly.

> >

> Lyssa hard? Seriously?

> Just attack them in a circle till you get one that takes less damage than others, tag that one. If you have a ranger, don't use pet skills, the pet will follow it around.

> If you have condis on her watch for the condi ticks.

> DPS, avoid the stuff on the ground, if you have a "bomb" on you, get away from others and dodge at the end. Rinse and repeat. Shouldn't take more than 1 minute to finish.

>

> > Melandru (easy) - Have the person marked away from the group, while everyone else stacked up for Amala, she doesn't do much dmg.

> >

> Pretty much.

> > Dwayna (medium) - Keep moving and hit the special action key (especially hamstrung/caught in tornado) when she uses the homing lightning strikes(any indicator aside the crackling sound?) and occasionally when the entire room is covered with AoE circles.(doesn't kill but any dmg causes hamstrung)

> >

> Dude. If you have lightning, move, the lightning hits the last spot you were on. Don't stack with others. Save your special action for the AOEs (you'll see a circle charging on the ground, when it fills the aoe explodes). If you're close to the center of the AoE, jump just before it fills, otherwise watch the wave, and jump before it gets close to you.

> There will also be a "star" pattern on the ground that leaves a blue gunk behind, that stuff hurts. Don't step on it.

> > Grenth (easy) - Punch bag.

> >

> > Balthazar (hard) - Avoid the aoe on the ground. The bigger the size of the AoE's circle, the more damage. Hit the special action key, especially when the giant AoE circle appears, as a meteor will land(lethal) and a pulse occured will knockdown players. What makes this part difficult is occasionally the Boss will perform this leap strike on a random player that is almost impossible to evade/hit the special action key in time.

> >

> Something like that. This is pretty much Dwayna on steroids. It has pretty much the same mechanics, but with way more damage.

> Careful with the wing shapped attack, that thing hurts.

> After you CC Balthazar mode, go up and pull the adds together so you can cleave them faster. The actual priest will be invuln until you kill the guys around it.

>

> > Tips : Priortize killing vindicators if there's any. Ignore fully dead players, they will automatically be revived everytime Amala changes phase. Condi cleanse skill helps alot.

>

> Everything on this boss is very telegraphed, if you're aware, and focus a bit it's one of the easier bosses in Fractals. The whole fractal just takes a while because of the setup to the boss... Also that last shaper is a pain in the but. Honestly sometimes those elites are harder than the boss.

>

>

No its not as hard when you can just /gg right after u hit dwana and restart it woth all the skilks back off cd.

> @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> Got another change coming to help groups that are struggling with the Twilight Oasis boss. We plan to add a checkpoint at the start of Dwayna, so if you are wiping over and over you don't have to keep slogging through the first two phases, which are easy compared to the rest.

I understand the Boss fight might be too long for a casual content like fractal. But honestly it's okay for a dungeon boss and at a high end (comparing with T4). Maybe instead of placing a checkpoint (which I think will ruin the encounter completely), give the players buff eg. 20% more dmg to the players for the Aspect lyssa/melandru etc. killed? The likelihood failing for the Aspect will drastically be lowered if the phase transition goes faster with dps. Plus dead players will be revived, gets to practice the fight mechanics and no major changes to the encounter.

Imo its a fun fight. What truely makes the encounter hard for casual is the mistlocks for an encounter where players will be constantly taking damage, which slowly builds up hamtrung leading to vindicators. Inexperienced on how to deal with vindicators mostly.

@"ReaverKane.7598"

Agree w Lyssa, but the fight always go messy especially for inexperienced groups. But despite that, its rare for a group to fail since she's the first encounter.

Scourge's skill "Trail of Anguish" work wonders here. I'm confident it's possible to solo the whole fight with scourge too.

> @"zealex.9410"

> No its not as hard when you can just /gg right after u hit dwana and restart it woth all the skilks back off cd.

I'm not aware such method is possible.

> @"ReaverKane.7598"

> Agree w Lyssa, but the fight always go messy especially for inexperienced groups. But despite that, its rare for a group to fail since she's the first encounter.

>

> Scourge's skill "Trail of Anguish" work wonders here. I'm confident it's possible to solo the whole fight with scourge too.

>

> > @"zealex.9410"

> > No its not as hard when you can just /gg right after u hit dwana and restart it woth all the skilks back off cd.

>

> I'm not aware such method is possible.

If the entire squad /gg's your cds are reset.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> ITS A BOSS FIGHT. The point of it is to beat its entirety in one go not take short breaks for some tea and cookies and come back from where u

> left off.

>

> But if its like that sure. Hey raid devs make it so ppl can skip to the 50% of dhuum normal or even cm. If they wiped after the 50% mark they clearly deserve to start from that point onwards. OH also do that for the last phase of Mattias as well.

It's not a raid or cm encounter, why should it work alike? In raids, you cannot even resurrect dead people, it's simply more punishing. I don't think a fractal needs to meet those standards. Checkpoints are a thing in games since the beginning of gaming, even Nintendo made use of them extensively. You won't tell me that this made Nintendo games easy, right?

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> It's not a raid or cm encounter, why should it work alike? In raids, you cannot even resurrect dead people, it's simply more punishing. I don't think a fractal needs to meet those standards. Checkpoints are a thing in games since the beginning of gaming, even Nintendo made use of them extensively. You won't tell me that this made Nintendo games easy, right?

Just to point out. You can ress the dead in fractal. In this case for Twlight Oasis, the group gets a soft reset(all dead players will automatically be revived with 100% HP) everytime the Boss Amala changes phase (4 times in total for the entire fight). It is possible for the remaining surviving player(s) to push through to the next phase to revive everyone. (Vindicators is what standing in between that)

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

>

> > It's not a raid or cm encounter, why should it work alike? In raids, you cannot even resurrect dead people, it's simply more punishing. I don't think a fractal needs to meet those standards. Checkpoints are a thing in games since the beginning of gaming, even Nintendo made use of them extensively. You won't tell me that this made Nintendo games easy, right?

>

> Just to point out. You can ress the dead in fractal. In this case for Twlight Oasis, the group gets a soft reset(all dead players will automatically be revived with 100% HP) everytime the Boss Amala changes phase (4 times in total for the entire fight). It is possible for the remaining surviving player(s) to push through to the next phase to revive everyone. (Vindicators is what standing in between that)

I actually said that you cannot even res the dead in raids (in contrary to fractals) to point out that raids are more punishing by design. I think you don't have to explain people in this thread that you can resurrect dead players in fractals, that's just a weird thing to do in this discussion. Everybody here knows.

Tell me that this is a premature April's fool.

Come on! Amala is easy if you get used to the mechanics. And everyone will if she/he *practice enough* there. All I hear from pugs when they die there: "I hate this boss." None of them has ever read a guide or watched a video to understand what caused them to wipe. They just run in, smash buttons, die to aoe they don't avoid and then "I hate this boss." More ridiculous please!

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> Tell me that this is a premature April's fool.

>

> Come on! Amala is easy if you get used to the mechanics.

Same could be said about quantum mechanics ^^

T4 fractals are not easy, the fact that many people cannot do them or fail or struggle while doing them proves that they are not easy content. If they were easy, we wouldn't have this discussion. We would have threads where people ask for more challenging content.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > ITS A BOSS FIGHT. The point of it is to beat its entirety in one go not take short breaks for some tea and cookies and come back from where u

> > left off.

> >

> > But if its like that sure. Hey raid devs make it so ppl can skip to the 50% of dhuum normal or even cm. If they wiped after the 50% mark they clearly deserve to start from that point onwards. OH also do that for the last phase of Mattias as well.

>

> It's not a raid or cm encounter, why should it work alike? In raids, you cannot even resurrect dead people, it's simply more punishing. I don't think a fractal needs to meet those standards. Checkpoints are a thing in games since the beginning of gaming, even Nintendo made use of them extensively. You won't tell me that this made Nintendo games easy, right?

This feature doesnt have place in t4s t4s are the hardest tier they should up the challenge when you decide to do them over t3 etc. If a feature like this is to be added it should for lower tiers only.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> >

> > > It's not a raid or cm encounter, why should it work alike? In raids, you cannot even resurrect dead people, it's simply more punishing. I don't think a fractal needs to meet those standards. Checkpoints are a thing in games since the beginning of gaming, even Nintendo made use of them extensively. You won't tell me that this made Nintendo games easy, right?

> >

> > Just to point out. You can ress the dead in fractal. In this case for Twlight Oasis, the group gets a soft reset(all dead players will automatically be revived with 100% HP) everytime the Boss Amala changes phase (4 times in total for the entire fight). It is possible for the remaining surviving player(s) to push through to the next phase to revive everyone. (Vindicators is what standing in between that)

>

> I actually said that you cannot even res the dead in raids (in contrary to fractals) to point out that raids are more punishing by design. I think you don't have to explain people in this thread that you can resurrect dead players in fractals, that's just a weird thing to do in this discussion. Everybody here knows.

The encounter force resses supposedly after u beat a phase.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> I actually said that you cannot even res the dead in raids (in contrary to fractals) to point out that raids are more punishing by design. I think you don't have to explain people in this thread that you can resurrect dead players in fractals, that's just a weird thing to do in this discussion. Everybody here knows.

My bad for phrasing it badly. Was trying to point out there are already 4 mini-checkpoints in the fight where the players will be revived once again to continue the fight. Not particularly happy with how the incoming nerf on Amala going to be, by removing 2 encounters out from the fight. *It's as if I'm getting a discounted double-cheese burger, but with some of the ingredients removed.* :frown:

I'm actually happy with the new fractals like Oasis, it felt more like a dungeon than just a recap of an encounter. But indeed the change is huge especially for players accustomed to the old dungeon system. Charge in and blindly beat everything up.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> The encounter force resses supposedly after u beat a phase.

Of course it does, everybody here knows...What are you going to tell me next, that there are spawns that pop up and fight players when you get downed that are called "Vindicators"?

> My bad for phrasing it badly. Was trying to point out there are already 4 mini-checkpoints in the fight where the players will be revived once again to continue the fight. Not happy with the incoming nerf, by removing 2 encounters out from the fight. *It's as if I'm getting a discounted double-cheese burger, but with some of the ingredients removed.* :frown:

How the heck did you get the idea that encounters will be removed from the fight? You always have to do all phases of the fight, there will just be a checkpoint after the first two, so **if** your group wipes, you will not have to do those first two encounters again. The auto-ressing after each phase is good, but doesn't help when your group wipes.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > The encounter force resses supposedly after u beat a phase.

>

> Of course it does, everybody here knows...What are you going to tell me next, that there are spawns that pop up and fight players when you get downed that are called "Vindicators"?

>

> > My bad for phrasing it badly. Was trying to point out there are already 4 mini-checkpoints in the fight where the players will be revived once again to continue the fight. Not happy with the incoming nerf, by removing 2 encounters out from the fight. *It's as if I'm getting a discounted double-cheese burger, but with some of the ingredients removed.* :frown:

>

> How the heck did you get the idea that encounters will be removed from the fight? You always have to do all phases of the fight, there will just be a checkpoint after the first two, so **if** your group wipes, you will not have to do those first two encounters again. The auto-ressing after each phase is good, but doesn't help when your group wipes.

>

>

The fight already has hard resses in place. If u struggle with vindicators swap to them and burst them. The fight doesnt need to skip the first half if you manage it once u just need to complete the phase and u all get a free out of jail card. Its way more forgiving already than it should've been.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> How the heck did you get the idea that encounters will be removed from the fight? You always have to do all phases of the fight, there will just be a checkpoint after the first two, so **if** your group wipes, you will not have to do those first two encounters again. The auto-ressing after each phase is good, but doesn't help when your group wipes.

Yup, I get that part and what you're trying to say. But to me at least, the flavor just won't be the same. I don't mind if there's nerf or balancing done to help out, just prefer if the fight is completed whole instead of parts missing during retries. Was finding for the right word and just came to me :smiley: the 'satisfaction' just isn't there for the kill after a wipe.

I do not mind the change (sounds reasonable) but this nerfing situation I do not think it has any end. People will still complain about being really hard but still want the superior reward instead of giving it a chance and learning the encounter. And they will still keep skipping it if they are purely rewards focused.

I just hope this does not end up from one of the most enjoyable bosses in the fractals (imo) to a very bland fight by the end of this.

If an encounter worked very well with one party and not with another just think what was different. Did you have a better healer? A better chrono that gave you aegis? Was it that you were using the special action key more often? When you have a different experience with a different party it is not that the game that changed. Its the party.