What happens when you report a player?

Sombra.3246

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the process is fine and all, and thanks Gaile for detailing it. But the crux of the question is on your first paragraph.

What the "agent" investigates depends on what's reported. The problem is that there's barely enough categories to report all negative behaviours.

So people will try to report something they see, but the issue is disregarded because there's no proper category to fit the behaviour in.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> When you report a player, an agent reviews your report -- in real time or after a period of time passes, depending on volume. (Don't worry, the in-game report is logged and archived, so it will be seen.) What the agent (or agents) researches is determined by what infraction was reported,so they may review chat logs or look at a character name or check out game activity logs -- things of that sort. Their first efforts go towards verifying that the report is about something that truly is a breach of the User Agreement and the Rules of Conduct. For unfortunately, as mentioned above, some reports are not factual. Someone may feel that a chat violation was more offensive than what our standards require, or may believe that someone is botting when a review shows that they are actively playing the game, or may even report out of malice.

>

> Once an agent has verified a report, they will take the appropriate action. And to be clear, that action may not involve an immediate suspension or account termination. The outcome depends on what happened and our policy about that particular situation. For instance, back in the day we did not immediately suspend the account of someone for a disallowed name. Instead, the character would be blocked until the name was changed. That's one example of how things are reviewed and acted upon in a fine-grained and not one-size-fits-all process.

>

> Last week, I sent a detailed message to several people at ArenaNet, mainly asking for confirmation that reports sent through the in-game system were being reviewed, and that appropriate action was being taken in response to player reports. The response I received said this: **Agents are assigned to review in-game reports 24/7, reviews are made, and appropriate action is taken.**

>

> I'm sure that someone can point to an anecdote where a report wasn't responded to, or action wasn't taken. That's inevitable in a system that involves human beings handling a large volume of reports about several kinds of infractions. You should know that you always are welcome to submit a ticket, if you'd like to do so, in addition to, or instead of, submitting an in-game report. As a player, I consider the gravity of a situation, and leave most of my reports in the game. I submit a ticket only if I feel something is a major concern because I think of that priotization as doing my part to try to keep volumes reasonable (and response times short). Tickets receive a response. In-game reports do not receive a report, but again, they are reviewed and acted upon when appropriate.

>

> Lastly, reports of cheats, exploits, or hacks should be e-mailed to Exploits@Arena.Net. That's the best, most direct route to get those important situations the attention they need.

>

> I hope you find this info helpful!

Sorry but obvious cheaters/hackers are still running around unpunished after months and multiple reports. I've dropped from high gold down to silver this season because of obvious win traders/bots. The cheater are just as much a factor of the poor PvP environment as is the lack of balance.

Players have proof nothing is being done to cheaters, can you give the same kind of proof that something is?

> @"Rufo.3716" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > When you report a player, an agent reviews your report -- in real time or after a period of time passes, depending on volume. (Don't worry, the in-game report is logged and archived, so it will be seen.) What the agent (or agents) researches is determined by what infraction was reported,so they may review chat logs or look at a character name or check out game activity logs -- things of that sort. Their first efforts go towards verifying that the report is about something that truly is a breach of the User Agreement and the Rules of Conduct. For unfortunately, as mentioned above, some reports are not factual. Someone may feel that a chat violation was more offensive than what our standards require, or may believe that someone is botting when a review shows that they are actively playing the game, or may even report out of malice.

> >

> > Once an agent has verified a report, they will take the appropriate action. And to be clear, that action may not involve an immediate suspension or account termination. The outcome depends on what happened and our policy about that particular situation. For instance, back in the day we did not immediately suspend the account of someone for a disallowed name. Instead, the character would be blocked until the name was changed. That's one example of how things are reviewed and acted upon in a fine-grained and not one-size-fits-all process.

> >

> > Last week, I sent a detailed message to several people at ArenaNet, mainly asking for confirmation that reports sent through the in-game system were being reviewed, and that appropriate action was being taken in response to player reports. The response I received said this: **Agents are assigned to review in-game reports 24/7, reviews are made, and appropriate action is taken.**

> >

> > I'm sure that someone can point to an anecdote where a report wasn't responded to, or action wasn't taken. That's inevitable in a system that involves human beings handling a large volume of reports about several kinds of infractions. You should know that you always are welcome to submit a ticket, if you'd like to do so, in addition to, or instead of, submitting an in-game report. As a player, I consider the gravity of a situation, and leave most of my reports in the game. I submit a ticket only if I feel something is a major concern because I think of that priotization as doing my part to try to keep volumes reasonable (and response times short). Tickets receive a response. In-game reports do not receive a report, but again, they are reviewed and acted upon when appropriate.

> >

> > Lastly, reports of cheats, exploits, or hacks should be e-mailed to Exploits@Arena.Net. That's the best, most direct route to get those important situations the attention they need.

> >

> > I hope you find this info helpful!

>

> Sorry but obvious cheaters/hackers are still running around unpunished after months and multiple reports. I've dropped from high gold down to silver this season because of obvious win traders/bots. The cheater are just as much a factor of the poor PvP environment as is the lack of balance.

>

> Players have proof nothing is being done to cheaters, can you give the same kind of proof that something is?

This .. exactly this... PvP is just another area that players are not stupid and know what is happening, or more to the point what isn't being done.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> I think the process is fine and all, and thanks Gaile for detailing it. But the crux of the question is on your first paragraph.

> What the "agent" investigates depends on what's reported. The problem is that there's barely enough categories to report all negative behaviours.

> So people will try to report something they see, but the issue is disregarded because there's no proper category to fit the behaviour in.

Agents are pretty good at figuring out the basis for a report, even with a limited list of reasons. They do get snippets of conversation from each report, and that often helps us figure out what motivated the report.

I think Gaile is telling the truth, because I've seen accounts I reported logged out in the middle of a skill. I assume that meant it wasn't voluntarily.

GW1 used to "Dhuum" people: a giant avatar of the god Dhuum would, well, doom your account with a huge sweeping arc of his scythe.

**Gaile**, I think it would be a good idea to give players a summary of actions. No details (which could compromise security), but just something like:

Reports received this month/year/quarter/whatever: W

Investigations resulted in suspensions: X

Investigations resulted in perma-bans: Y

Average time between report and suspend or ban: Z days/weeks/months, etc.

No details, just the raw numbers. Maybe even include appeals and reinstatements (which would show how well appeals work).

I would expect the number of reports to be far higher than the number of suspends and bans. But, just seeing that action occurs would be helpful.

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> The first time I saw that in GW1, I was in LA. That was so kitten awesome!

Lion's arch was already built back then!?

> When you report a player, an agent reviews your report -- in real time or after a period of time passes, depending on volume. (Don't worry, the in-game report is logged and archived, so it will be seen.) What the agent (or agents) researches is determined by what infraction was reported,so they may review chat logs or look at a character name or check out game activity logs -- things of that sort. Their first efforts go towards verifying that the report is about something that truly is a breach of the User Agreement and the Rules of Conduct. For unfortunately, as mentioned above, some reports are not factual. Someone may feel that a chat violation was more offensive than what our standards require, or may believe that someone is botting when a review shows that they are actively playing the game, or may even report out of malice.

>

> Once an agent has verified a report, they will take the appropriate action. And to be clear, that action may not involve an immediate suspension or account termination. The outcome depends on what happened and our policy about that particular situation. For instance, back in the day we did not immediately suspend the account of someone for a disallowed name. Instead, the character would be blocked until the name was changed. That's one example of how things are reviewed and acted upon in a fine-grained and not one-size-fits-all process.

>

> Last week, I sent a detailed message to several people at ArenaNet, mainly asking for confirmation that reports sent through the in-game system were being reviewed, and that appropriate action was being taken in response to player reports. The response I received said this: **Agents are assigned to review in-game reports 24/7, reviews are made, and appropriate action is taken.**

>

> I'm sure that someone can point to an anecdote where a report wasn't responded to, or action wasn't taken. That's inevitable in a system that involves human beings handling a large volume of reports about several kinds of infractions. You should know that you always are welcome to submit a ticket, if you'd like to do so, in addition to, or instead of, submitting an in-game report. As a player, I consider the gravity of a situation, and leave most of my reports in the game. I submit a ticket only if I feel something is a major concern because I think of that priotization as doing my part to try to keep volumes reasonable (and response times short). Tickets receive a response. In-game reports do not receive a report, but again, they are reviewed and acted upon when appropriate.

>

> Lastly, reports of cheats, exploits, or hacks should be e-mailed to Exploits@Arena.Net. That's the best, most direct route to get those important situations the attention they need.

>

> I hope you find this info helpful!

Thank you for the response and assurance that every report we make are being reviewed. I just hope they really get "reviewed" and not merely looked at. Especially in pvp related reports.

> @"aceofbass.2163" said:

> > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > The first time I saw that in GW1, I was in LA. That was so kitten awesome!

> Lion's arch was already built back then!?

>

>

> > When you report a player, an agent reviews your report -- in real time or after a period of time passes, depending on volume. (Don't worry, the in-game report is logged and archived, so it will be seen.) What the agent (or agents) researches is determined by what infraction was reported,so they may review chat logs or look at a character name or check out game activity logs -- things of that sort. Their first efforts go towards verifying that the report is about something that truly is a breach of the User Agreement and the Rules of Conduct. For unfortunately, as mentioned above, some reports are not factual. Someone may feel that a chat violation was more offensive than what our standards require, or may believe that someone is botting when a review shows that they are actively playing the game, or may even report out of malice.

> >

> > Once an agent has verified a report, they will take the appropriate action. And to be clear, that action may not involve an immediate suspension or account termination. The outcome depends on what happened and our policy about that particular situation. For instance, back in the day we did not immediately suspend the account of someone for a disallowed name. Instead, the character would be blocked until the name was changed. That's one example of how things are reviewed and acted upon in a fine-grained and not one-size-fits-all process.

> >

> > Last week, I sent a detailed message to several people at ArenaNet, mainly asking for confirmation that reports sent through the in-game system were being reviewed, and that appropriate action was being taken in response to player reports. The response I received said this: **Agents are assigned to review in-game reports 24/7, reviews are made, and appropriate action is taken.**

> >

> > I'm sure that someone can point to an anecdote where a report wasn't responded to, or action wasn't taken. That's inevitable in a system that involves human beings handling a large volume of reports about several kinds of infractions. You should know that you always are welcome to submit a ticket, if you'd like to do so, in addition to, or instead of, submitting an in-game report. As a player, I consider the gravity of a situation, and leave most of my reports in the game. I submit a ticket only if I feel something is a major concern because I think of that priotization as doing my part to try to keep volumes reasonable (and response times short). Tickets receive a response. In-game reports do not receive a report, but again, they are reviewed and acted upon when appropriate.

> >

> > Lastly, reports of cheats, exploits, or hacks should be e-mailed to Exploits@Arena.Net. That's the best, most direct route to get those important situations the attention they need.

> >

>

> Thank you for the response and assurance that every report we make are being reviewed. I just hope they really get "reviewed" and not merely looked at. Especially in pvp related reports.

Lion's Arch was, indeed, already built back then; you can find the ruins underwater in today's game.

Good luck.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Sorry Gaile but no it's not helpful at all.. sure we all know the process, but far too many offenses are just being leftout there to fester across maps, which have been reported endlessly both via process in game and on here.. yet here we are 6 months+ later and those same players are doing the exact same thing... so what would be helpful is for ANET to clarify to a reporter whether their report has indeed made evident a breach of ToS or not so that they don't waste their time reporting the same players for the next 6 months and that maybe they can join in the masses, safe in the knowledge we can lets say switch on a macro AFK all day and claim we are playing the game as intended..

> I am pretty sure ANET are aware of the mass epidemic of things like Necro MM's blighting every map AFK farming the same spots 24/7 for months and months on end. Or the endless videos, forum posts, reddits of bots/hacks etc that never seem to go away or something more obvious like repeated vulgarity or obscenity in LA/DR chat, or even the continuous use of LFG for promoting selling of items or.. you get the picture.

> We report them.. they keep happening by the same players or their alts... so yeah some of us loose faith, especially when its the players voicing the issues and wanting to discuss why it's not being sorted that get punished for doing so.

> Maybe its time for some proper naming and shaming.. used properly it can act as a deterrent not violation.

> To me the ToS are supposed to be the deterrent, but if they are muddied and worse, on appearance not acted upon, then what's the point.

@"Bloodstealer.5978" AFK farming.... this here is probably one of their biggest that gets reported. I am trying to understand why you or others care so much? It's not that I don't care as it is a small area of a map and really what do these mobs mean to you? There is no KS in this game so tag away if you are farming the same mobs. There is no way imo to fix an AFK necro or ranger without impacting the rest of the players who play the game as intended. Please do not misunderstand that I am not chastising you as it is your right and duty I suppose if you feel there is a problem with it and to report it. I just do not think it is that bad of an epidemic. I am all over many toons, mapping, farming, chilling out and other PvE things and I do not see that it impacts me. I have admitted in the past that I purposely tested AFK farming (while at my PC for the purpose to reply to a post) only to get kicked after a short time. There is an area of farming for leather that ANET addressed by randomly shelling you. They try. So my guess is to avoid being kicked these players are 1. using 3rd party tools or 2. ALT TAB in and out of game. I find no advantage of wasting my time ALT TABBING in and out of game, I am pretty well geared for all three armor types and not huge on saving gold as i might have 25g atm with some inc from the TP. I have bigger fish to fry than waste my time standing around hoping for some quick cash or that random pre-cursor. Also is there not diminishing returns in this game? Though there was... that makes it even more pointless imo.

As far as bots/hacks, reporting and the like I rarely see the harvest and *poof* like it was in the beginning. I also don't see people jacking across the maps at breakneck speed like in the beginning. I am not saying they are not out there as a recent (now deleted post) went in depth on some bad things out there. HOW can you be sure an account is punished or banned? Public shaming? This game is toxic enough with honest players rather than to have CS come on here, announce who got punished or banhammered only to be ridiculed by "my friend got banned for no reason..." and then the forums become more toxic than ever. I remember in the very beginning I used a word that someone found offensive in map chat and I requested this convo and went WOW really? Today if CS was on every map looking at every chat...there would be little chat. The evolution of the game is such that there would simply be a very low player base as I am sure almost everyone one of us have infracted one way or another the TOS. Mad at someone so report them...wastes CS time. AFK farming, unless you witness them as I have in the past casting on CD, report them for sure but generally a waste of CS time for most. Someone swears in map chat... waste of CS time...block and move on. Belittle or racism or sexism and stuff of this nature... report then block and move on. Gold sellers though very rare it seems now.. report and move on.

From what I read on the forums and in game the hacks and exploits mainly exist in the PvP area and for no more of a reason than create an account and PvP for free. No money spent. And this is why I think money should have to be spent to purchase some aspect of content in order to PvP. I did not agree with the F2P out of the gate like this but after one season of toxic hell PvP I am no longer interested in PvP. That doesn't make these cheats right but eh...can't update every hour to recover from hax.

Now with all of that being said there is the business aspect of it. Someone gets reported for AFK farm or maybe said a bad word in chat. A review of the account...whoa! he/she dumps $200 plus a month into GEMS. Do they take this into account? I reckon they would almost have to depending on the severity of the offense. Ban him/her and they take a few other spenders with them and go play a new game. I AM NOT saying this happens but it is plausible if you are the conspiracy theorist.

In closing. I am not and reiterate NOT trying to belittle anything you have said and only offering up my opinion after 5+ years of play and folliwing forums.

> @"usnedward.9023" said:

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" AFK farming.... this here is probably one of their biggest that gets reported. I am trying to understand why you or others care so much? It's not that I don't care as it is a small area of a map and really what do these mobs mean to you? There is no KS in this game so tag away if you are farming the same mobs. There is no way imo to fix an AFK necro or ranger without impacting the rest of the players who play the game as intended. Please do not misunderstand that I am not chastising you as it is your right and duty I suppose if you feel there is a problem with it and to report it. I just do not think it is that bad of an epidemic. I am all over many toons, mapping, farming, chilling out and other PvE things and I do not see that it impacts me. I have admitted in the past that I purposely tested AFK farming (while at my PC for the purpose to reply to a post) only to get kicked after a short time. There is an area of farming for leather that ANET addressed by randomly shelling you. They try. So my guess is to avoid being kicked these players are 1. using 3rd party tools or 2. ALT TAB in and out of game. I find no advantage of wasting my time ALT TABBING in and out of game, I am pretty well geared for all three armor types and not huge on saving gold as i might have 25g atm with some inc from the TP. I have bigger fish to fry than waste my time standing around hoping for some quick cash or that random pre-cursor. Also is there not diminishing returns in this game? Though there was... that makes it even more pointless imo.

>

AFK farming impacts the economy. Whether or not that affects one as a player is up to that individual.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"usnedward.9023" said:

(snip)

>

> Now with all of that being said there is the business aspect of it. Someone gets reported for AFK farm or maybe said a bad word in chat. A review of the account...whoa! he/she dumps $200 plus a month into GEMS. Do they take this into account? I reckon they would almost have to depending on the severity of the offense. Ban him/her and they take a few other spenders with them and go play a new game. I AM NOT saying this happens but it is plausible if you are the conspiracy theorist.

Hey, I don't take offense that you asked the question and I've know a few conspiracy theorists in my lifetime, so I'll be happy to answer the question as I see it. I know some businesses have a "keep an eye on the money" mindset, but I've personally not seen a "big spender" being given more consideration than someone who plays the game for free, or who has never spent any money in the Gem Store. I don't have access to that information through forum data, so certainly spending doesn't impact what my team does. In order for a CS Agent to pull that data, they'd need to (1) be given access to that information and (2) take special steps to access it. I had an occasion once several years ago to look at a player's account in relation to spending (at the player's request), and at that time, anyway, getting to the data was not a hop, skip, and a jump off the main account pages -- it took steps and some matter of digging.

Given the number of tickets that our agents resolve, and the focus they're assigned in doing so, I feel confident that no one gets a "Get Out of Jail Free" card because of their financial support of the game. :)

Edit to add: I want to emphasize I'm not a Customer Support agent, nor a member of that team. I'm sharing based on my observations because I thought it might be helpful.

> > @"usnedward.9023" said:

> (snip)

> >

> > Now with all of that being said there is the business aspect of it. Someone gets reported for AFK farm or maybe said a bad word in chat. A review of the account...whoa! he/she dumps $200 plus a month into GEMS. Do they take this into account? I reckon they would almost have to depending on the severity of the offense. Ban him/her and they take a few other spenders with them and go play a new game. I AM NOT saying this happens but it is plausible if you are the conspiracy theorist.

>

> Hey, I don't take offense that you asked the question and I've know a few conspiracy theorists in my lifetime, so I'll be happy to answer the question as I see it. I know some businesses have a "keep an eye on the money" mindset, but I've personally not seen a "big spender" being given more consideration than someone who plays the game for free, or who has never spent any money in the Gem Store. I don't have access to that information through forum data, so certainly spending doesn't impact what my team does. In order for a CS Agent to pull that data, they'd need to (1) be given access to that information and (2) take special steps to access it. I had an occasion once several years ago to look at a player's account in relation to spending (at the player's request), and at that time, anyway, getting to the data was not a hop, skip, and a jump off the main account pages -- it took steps and some matter of digging.

>

> Given the number of tickets that our agents resolve, and the focus they're assigned in doing so, I feel confident that no one gets a "Get Out of Jail Free" card because of their financial support of the game. :)

>

> Edit to add: I want to emphasize I'm not a Customer Support agent, nor a member of that team. I'm sharing based on my observations because I thought it might be helpful.

>

So tl;dr all you say is your personal view on the case and is in no way an official statement from the company.

The answer is simple: It depends on the actions, the report in question, and the circumstances. In many sad cases, reports are made because someone is mad at someone else for some ridiculous reason. For example, someone beat someone else in PvP. "I'm going to report you!" has not only been voiced, but we've seen people admit it on the previous forums. Sadly, reports like this take up valuable time and slow down the overall process.

The second type comes in the form of a suspension. I don't know the ins-and-outs of how this happens, but it does. Usually, these are minor infractions. For example, specific name calling or exploits come to mind.

The last one is a ban. These are in the realm of gold sellers and buyers, hacks and cheats in a specific area, or extremely destructive behavior. For another example, using stolen credit cards to pay for accounts or items via the gem store. That'll earn you a ban.

Yes, reports are taken seriously. When Guild Wars 2 first came out, you saw gold seller spam and botting for materials all over the place and specifically in certain areas. It was so bad that rangers got a very bad rep because so many bots would use that class to farm mobs in areas like the Bloodfen. Pets really do help! And now? They're gone. Gold selling spam is as rare as a unicorn, and bots are more of an anomaly than anything these days.

Remember, just because you don't see instant action doesn't mean it's not being investigated. And just because you don't like the result also doesn't mean the company doesn't care. There's a saying that goes, "We'd rather see a thousand guilty men go free than see one innocent man go to prison." The same applies to suspensions and bans. In this business, you don't want to be known as the MMO company that bans or suspends without cause much less innocent players.

Again, in this business, reputation is everything . . . but that's another discussion.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> AFK farming impacts the economy. Whether or not that affects one as a player is up to that individual.

>

I wonder sometimes if it is an economy thing or lazy people who farm to craft later...not saying it is right by any means and we never know who is punished and who is not. Ticket system works but to a degree as Gaile has stated there is a human aspect to it.

>

> > @"usnedward.9023" said:

> (snip)

> >

> > Now with all of that being said there is the business aspect of it. Someone gets reported for AFK farm or maybe said a bad word in chat. A review of the account...whoa! he/she dumps $200 plus a month into GEMS. Do they take this into account? I reckon they would almost have to depending on the severity of the offense. Ban him/her and they take a few other spenders with them and go play a new game. I AM NOT saying this happens but it is plausible if you are the conspiracy theorist.

>

> Hey, I don't take offense that you asked the question and I've know a few conspiracy theorists in my lifetime, so I'll be happy to answer the question as I see it. I know some businesses have a "keep an eye on the money" mindset, but I've personally not seen a "big spender" being given more consideration than someone who plays the game for free, or who has never spent any money in the Gem Store. I don't have access to that information through forum data, so certainly spending doesn't impact what my team does. In order for a CS Agent to pull that data, they'd need to (1) be given access to that information and (2) take special steps to access it. I had an occasion once several years ago to look at a player's account in relation to spending (at the player's request), and at that time, anyway, getting to the data was not a hop, skip, and a jump off the main account pages -- it took steps and some matter of digging.

>

> Given the number of tickets that our agents resolve, and the focus they're assigned in doing so, I feel confident that no one gets a "Get Out of Jail Free" card because of their financial support of the game. :)

>

> Edit to add: I want to emphasize I'm not a Customer Support agent, nor a member of that team. I'm sharing based on my observations because I thought it might be helpful.

>

I work late hours and sometimes my words just don't come out right. I am not a conspiracy theorist but was trying to sum up what some believe could or does happen regardless of what we know and don't know. HOWEVER your clarification of the structure of how to get to different aspects of an account is not so easy makes me, at least, feel a little more comfortable.

I wish we had a better way to get a player's name quickly. This is mostly with respect to the teleport-gather abusers (which I haven't seen in a long time, but have cropped up again in great numbers). I saw two today in Blazeridge. Sometimes I'm quick enough to target them and add them as a friend before they take off, but it's a pretty hard game of whack-a-mole.

What would be nice is if we could either get a function that will add everyone in the immediate area as a friend or the targeted player, with an associated keybind. It would be easier to friend them before they take off again so we have their information to report them.

I didn't get either of the two this morning. :(

I dont believe anything is being done to wast amount of reports, so many reports in pvp and same people that are reported are constantly playing every day can you explain that @"Gaile Gray.6029" and for example players that get kicked out of a party then start spamming lfg so no one else can join the same party is anything being done to them ?

Before I saw this thread I opened one about the same topic in the account forums. Based on the fact that a guy who repeatedly flames people on the borderlands on every possible occasion is actually playing pvp, I guess we can assume the report-button does nothing.

If i post only of those words he used in chat in this forum my post gets deleted in the next hour.

Sorry Anet, it's not acceptable that you can close threads with "matchup threads are not allowed" but people using the lowest vocabulary has no consequences. Start a 2 warning strategy, ban accounts forever on the third offence and make your game a better place.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> I wish we had a better way to get a player's name quickly. This is mostly with respect to the teleport-gather abusers (which I haven't seen in a long time, but have cropped up again in great numbers). I saw two today in Blazeridge. Sometimes I'm quick enough to target them and add them as a friend before they take off, but it's a pretty hard game of whack-a-mole.

>

> What would be nice is if we could either get a function that will add everyone in the immediate area as a friend or the targeted player, with an associated keybind. It would be easier to friend them before they take off again so we have their information to report them.

>

> I didn't get either of the two this morning. :(

Submit a report. Probably doesn't hurt to use the screenshot feature to show where the node is/was. Give them the time if you caught the exact minute.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> I dont believe anything is being done to wast amount of reports, so many reports in pvp and same people that are reported are constantly playing every day can you explain that @"Gaile Gray.6029" and for example players that get kicked out of a party then start spamming lfg so no one else can join the same party is anything being done to them ?

I do not know how that situation is handled. I suggest you submit a ticket, with full details, and inquire of the Customer Support Team.

> @"Rajani Isa.6294" said:

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > I wish we had a better way to get a player's name quickly. This is mostly with respect to the teleport-gather abusers (which I haven't seen in a long time, but have cropped up again in great numbers). I saw two today in Blazeridge. Sometimes I'm quick enough to target them and add them as a friend before they take off, but it's a pretty hard game of whack-a-mole.

> >

> > What would be nice is if we could either get a function that will add everyone in the immediate area as a friend or the targeted player, with an associated keybind. It would be easier to friend them before they take off again so we have their information to report them.

> >

> > I didn't get either of the two this morning. :(

>

> Submit a report. Probably doesn't hurt to use the screenshot feature to show where the node is/was. Give them the time if you caught the exact minute.

I agree. Submitting a ticket really helps, and if you have screenshots, you can then include the name(s) involved, the date, time, time zone, and game world in your report. You also can mention that you have screenshots and if the agent wants/needs to see them, they'll make it possible to send them in.