Why the skyhammer platform change?

Ayakaru.6583

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > I filed a bug report for the jumping pads because I thought they were broken, but they were just changed to a counterintuitive use. But never mind that for now.

> >

> > What's up with the controls platform?

> > Why the walls?? PvP used to be about strategy. Playing a character with CC whose method of winning was not killing, but pushing people off important locations, including the controls platform. Now it's reduced to "kill to win".

> >

> > It seems like a dumbing down of the map, and honestly, i don't like it all. I don't like it just not a bit, i won't ever vote for skyhammer again knowing one of my favourite combat strategies has been deleted

>

> These changes were asked by the community, and ANet delivered. If you don't like it, too bad, but mostly the rest of us are happy with these changes.

Actually I liked the old Skyhammer map much better.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> lmao the rose tinted glasses, who are all these bronze warriors complaining that knocking people off the map shouldn't have been removed? did you forget the skyhammer specific builds and how this map wasn't even ALLOWED by the community to be put anywhere near ranked?

>

> the scorpion wire thieves? the rifle / tool kit engi? the tornadoes, the focus mesmers... etc.

what do you mean by rose tinted glasses.. if people couldn't handle CC they should've brought stability.

strategy people, CC is a valid combat strategy, so is preparing for CC.

People who didn't want it anywhere near ranked were probably the same people who start swearing when you go for lord..

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

>

> what do you mean by rose tinted glasses.. if people couldn't handle CC they should've brought stability.

> strategy people, CC is a valid combat strategy, so is preparing for CC.

> People who didn't want it anywhere near ranked were probably the same people who start swearing when you go for lord..

About that, probably they will remove lord next, saying "Thats what community wanted" .

Soon enough only difference between maps will be their names. smh

Well actually that was the only best counter against scourge. Pull them out or knock out off the platform. Why should I try to win a fight if scourge also doesn't have to try? I would just make them drop dead, literally.

What I would like is for target teleports to work on those players who get to higher elevation through jumping pads or ground target teleportation. I have yet to check if they changed it though.

> @"Nemezijus.6851" said:

> There were people who actively complained about skyhammer layout, and suggested changes were not opposed by other members, so Anet finally implemented them. Now when it happened those who liked old layout are complaining about changes. Can't please everyone :)

Well, people who are fine with the game rarily go to the forum to not-complain :pensive:

Maybe that's a hint for anet to make official polls, see which side of the field suffers more.

I never saw any complaints, so I never expected the changes to happen, at all.

Doesn't mean to say they're not warranted, but anet is taking a very big risk now, by gambling on which side of the field is bigger.

Was 10% of the playerbase in favour of the change? maybe 25%, maybe 50%, maybe 90%.

We don't know. We only know "some people disliked the pre-patch map" and "some people dislike the post-patch map".

if anet properly communicated with the playerbase (**which is a gripe I've been adressing for five years now**) we wouldn't be having all these issues.

> @"reikken.4961" said:

> because I could drop a fear mark on the enemy team's gate to enter skyhammer, and anyone who didn't break out of the fear fast enough would immediately die without any effort on my part

That's why you enter hammer room while dodging. Not like this was something unavoidable.

Are we going to remove anything that requires a little bit of planning?

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > lmao the rose tinted glasses, who are all these bronze warriors complaining that knocking people off the map shouldn't have been removed? did you forget the skyhammer specific builds and how this map wasn't even ALLOWED by the community to be put anywhere near ranked?

> >

> > the scorpion wire thieves? the rifle / tool kit engi? the tornadoes, the focus mesmers... etc.

>

> what do you mean by rose tinted glasses.. if people couldn't handle CC they should've brought stability.

> People who didn't want it anywhere near ranked were probably the same people who start swearing when you go for lord..

Exactly! If you know there will be an enemy there and he can knockback or something, try to use stability before going in! There are CC's but also, there are counters for a reason! :/

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > lmao the rose tinted glasses, who are all these bronze warriors complaining that knocking people off the map shouldn't have been removed? did you forget the skyhammer specific builds and how this map wasn't even ALLOWED by the community to be put anywhere near ranked?

> >

> > the scorpion wire thieves? the rifle / tool kit engi? the tornadoes, the focus mesmers... etc.

>

back then stability was more scarce you know? its ok you didnt play the game around that time, so you probably shouldnt be talking.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > lmao the rose tinted glasses, who are all these bronze warriors complaining that knocking people off the map shouldn't have been removed? did you forget the skyhammer specific builds and how this map wasn't even ALLOWED by the community to be put anywhere near ranked?

> > >

> > > the scorpion wire thieves? the rifle / tool kit engi? the tornadoes, the focus mesmers... etc.

> >

> > what do you mean by rose tinted glasses.. if people couldn't handle CC they should've brought stability.

> > strategy people, CC is a valid combat strategy, so is preparing for CC.

> > People who didn't want it anywhere near ranked were probably the same people who start swearing when you go for lord..

>

> back then stability was more scarce you know? its ok you didnt play the game around that time, so you probably shouldnt be talking.

I've been around since the beta, kiddo. Every class has always had at least one skill of stability.

Not my problem if no one used it.

Maybe you shouldn't be talking of you're blindly assuming insults.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > lmao the rose tinted glasses, who are all these bronze warriors complaining that knocking people off the map shouldn't have been removed? did you forget the skyhammer specific builds and how this map wasn't even ALLOWED by the community to be put anywhere near ranked?

> > > >

> > > > the scorpion wire thieves? the rifle / tool kit engi? the tornadoes, the focus mesmers... etc.

> > >

> > > what do you mean by rose tinted glasses.. if people couldn't handle CC they should've brought stability.

> > > strategy people, CC is a valid combat strategy, so is preparing for CC.

> > > People who didn't want it anywhere near ranked were probably the same people who start swearing when you go for lord..

> >

> > back then stability was more scarce you know? its ok you didnt play the game around that time, so you probably shouldnt be talking.

>

> I've been around since the beta, kiddo. Every class has always had at least one skill of stability.

> Not my problem if no one used it.

> Maybe you shouldn't be talking of you're blindly assuming insults.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

Every class... except thief or necro lol, possibly mesmer too i dont remember.

Here's a thought: stability doesn't last forever. Eventually, someone would knock you off a cliff or even better, do it from stealth when you're not expecting it or fighting someone else (thief, engi).

People are so quick to forget. OP was probably one of those perma stealth troll scorp wire thieves lmfao.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > lmao the rose tinted glasses, who are all these bronze warriors complaining that knocking people off the map shouldn't have been removed? did you forget the skyhammer specific builds and how this map wasn't even ALLOWED by the community to be put anywhere near ranked?

> > > > >

> > > > > the scorpion wire thieves? the rifle / tool kit engi? the tornadoes, the focus mesmers... etc.

> > > >

> > > > what do you mean by rose tinted glasses.. if people couldn't handle CC they should've brought stability.

> > > > strategy people, CC is a valid combat strategy, so is preparing for CC.

> > > > People who didn't want it anywhere near ranked were probably the same people who start swearing when you go for lord..

> > >

> > > back then stability was more scarce you know? its ok you didnt play the game around that time, so you probably shouldnt be talking.

> >

> > I've been around since the beta, kiddo. Every class has always had at least one skill of stability.

> > Not my problem if no one used it.

> > Maybe you shouldn't be talking of you're blindly assuming insults.

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

>

> Every class... except thief or necro lol, possibly mesmer too i dont remember.

>

> Here's a thought: stability doesn't last forever. Eventually, someone would knock you off a cliff or even better, do it from stealth when you're not expecting it or fighting someone else (thief, engi).

>

> People are so quick to forget. OP was probably one of those perma stealth troll scorp wire thieves lmfao.

I am OP. and i never played a thief until recently.

Maube its a good idea to stop making preemptive insults, now.

> @"Xista.7391" said:

>A single stability was not enough to combat some of the "skyhammer" builds out there.

That is exactly what is defining a map , a map that can make players change their builds rather than just running 1 standart snowball build in order to gain upper hand.

This is why skyhammer changes arent good to be fair, because like I said above, soon enough only difference of maps soon will be map names .

> @"Aza.2105" said:

> Wait a second....someone is complaining you can't knock someone off the skyhammer map now? I remember a time when people were complaining about all of the ways you could fall off the map. My, have times changed.

People complain one way or another. Leave things as they are? They complain. Give them what they want? They complain. Nothing new.

> @"allias.1420" said:

> > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > Wait a second....someone is complaining you can't knock someone off the skyhammer map now? I remember a time when people were complaining about all of the ways you could fall off the map. My, have times changed.

>

> People complain one way or another. Leave things as they are? They complain. Give them what they want? They complain. Nothing new.

Welcome to GW2 forums, where all the nostalgic PVP players come to cry out their woes

Please leave your hats by the door.