Character vs. Account Crafting

I’m assuming that "recipes" are all account-bound and discovery items must be unlocked per character. Does this sound right?

Is there a way for characters on the same account to have the option to automatically “learn” or discover how to make “X” when that level of crafting is met? No!?! Didn't think so.

Is there an easier way to record a character’s crafting history than to do screenshots, writing it down, or wiki-it?

GW2efficiency.com is great for tracking crafting costs and stuff, but it only shows the costs/materials to do so, not what each character knows how to craft. Is there another **reputable** site out there that gathers account crafting info?

Discovering recipies contributes a major part of crafting experience to leveling your crafting, so making discoveries account bound would only work if you'd make crafting levels account bound at the same time. Personally I wouldn't mind being able to craft anything on any character (I've got all crafts maxed, spread across my four oldest characters), but I can see why others, especially those not into pvp or wvw (and thus short on tomes of knowledge) that use crafting for leveling characters to 80, might not enjoy this.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> Discovering recipies contributes a major part of crafting experience to leveling your crafting, so making discoveries account bound would only work if you'd make crafting levels account bound at the same time. Personally I wouldn't mind being able to craft anything on any character (I've got all crafts maxed, spread across my four oldest characters), but I can see why others, especially those not into pvp or wvw (and thus short on tomes of knowledge) that use crafting for leveling characters to 80, might not enjoy this.

You can only gain about 10 levels going from 0-500, it’s leveling XP was nerfed, and once the craft is maxed, you gain 0 Normal XP there after. It’s actually quite a big investment now for such a measly gain if you do it to level up, when you have other means to level that doesn’t use Tomes and is more efficient.