PvP Season Seems DEAD

zoopop.5630

Majority of the leader-board players in the top 250 have under 1700 rating.... i mean im like top 20s with 1600ish ,and compared to last season you could barely make top 200 with that lols.

I know most players are waiting on the balance patch/baddies to drop out of the whatever golden luck rating they might of gotten by getting carried however this might be the first season within a year i saw numbers be this low, Even match ups are usually with the same 15 people.

what's everyone take so far for this season and why the rating on the leader-board is that low?(I know it'll change a lot after the balance patch or toward the end of the season.) Let's have a open discussion / debate if possible :D.

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> Are people really waiting for a balance patch to start playing, ´cos of ladder?

> I don't understand that commitment with leaderboards, since it basically gives you nothing.

people worry about placement because it makes or breaks what you get for a rating, so a LOT of players don't want to play right now because of the cancer classes such as double mirage and scourges being played, and then theirs people who don't want to waste their placements recklessly and get paired up with "plat" players who aren't really even in gold level.

I play no more how toxic the game is and how bad the players are(granted i do rage from idiotic players commitment to throw a nice 150-200 point lead.) but yea most of these players that wait are only doing it mainly because they want an easy way to getting to the "top".

> @"Spartyr.6795" said:

> Does rating reflect participation? Rating is just based off win/loss, correct?

>

>

Rating based On Win/Loses Depending on Who you are going against, If a team is rated Higher then your team then you'll gain More rating, However if the team U lose to is consider lower rating then you, you'll lose almost double the rating that you would get if you won.

MOST cases it's pretty fair however when you are anywhere from 1680-1700+ rating it usually takes 2-3 wins to make up 1 lose from a rank match.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> Majority of the leader-board players in the top 250 have under 1700 rating.... i mean im like top 20s with 1600ish ,and compared to last season you could barely make top 200 with that lols.

>

> I know most players are waiting on the balance patch/baddies to drop out of the whatever golden luck rating they might of gotten by getting carried however this might be the first season within a year i saw numbers be this low, Even match ups are usually with the same 15 people.

>

> what's everyone take so far for this season and why the rating on the leader-board is that low?(I know it'll change a lot after the balance patch or toward the end of the season.) Let's have a open discussion / debate if possible :D.

It also may be because of the recent "balance" updates to the teams. I have had really bad luck with teams this season hard to get my ratings up. I think even the best players may be experiencing the same thing.

I think you're reaching for conclusions. While personally not one of them, I find it the most rational to assume that most of the missing players simply are tired of the current balance and meta, and are going to return as soon as the balance patch shows up to perhaps face new builds and weaker scourges/mirages/firebrands/holos.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> Majority of the leader-board players in the top 250 have under 1700 rating.... i mean im like top 20s with 1600ish ,and compared to last season you could barely make top 200 with that lols.

>

> I know most players are waiting on the balance patch/baddies to drop out of the whatever golden luck rating they might of gotten by getting carried however this might be the first season within a year i saw numbers be this low, Even match ups are usually with the same 15 people.

>

> what's everyone take so far for this season and why the rating on the leader-board is that low?(I know it'll change a lot after the balance patch or toward the end of the season.) Let's have a open discussion / debate if possible :D.

their pvp system is domed because they refuse to fix issues properly and refuse to give other pvp modes except team play.

I don't play because class balance is extremely bad. I do not enjoy going to points and seeing sea of red circles that insta-gib me the moment i even get somewhere near them. I literary just want to puke the moment i see scourge/fb/mirage/holo combo in match.

I am currently spending my money on off-line games i wanted to play for a while now. Class balance in GW2 is pure joke, not worth logging in.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > @"Vlerk.4761" said:

> > Pvp is actually more active than ever now.

>

> in what sense? Rank? Unrank? Tournaments?

>

> Tournament has shown to be more active overall because of team plays/draft pick ups. However RANK has not been all that active/great at all.

Ranked is very active.

Ranked is only active with people farming gold or trying to abuse the powercreep of things like scourge and firebrand to make themselves feel like they are good. The leaderboards don't mean jack right now because there's no good players left outside of maybe 25-30 people on NA. Only 2 or 3 of whom are on lb because everyone else is done with the cancer. Ranked feels dead because it is dead.

> @"Vlerk.4761" said:

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > @"Vlerk.4761" said:

> > > Pvp is actually more active than ever now.

> >

> > in what sense? Rank? Unrank? Tournaments?

> >

> > Tournament has shown to be more active overall because of team plays/draft pick ups. However RANK has not been all that active/great at all.

>

> Ranked is very active.

It's not.... takes over 5min to get a match up on my alt account who's in gold, and sometimes 7-10min to get a match on my main account that alone should show some sort of sign/hint Rank isn't as active as it use to be last season, Matches took 2-3 min on both account last season , and from the amount of players i know very few are playing at the moment because of the "balance patch".> @"Ario.8964" said:

> Ranked is only active with people farming gold or trying to abuse the powercreep of things like scourge and firebrand to make themselves feel like they are good. The leaderboards don't mean jack right now because there's no good players left outside of maybe 25-30 people on NA. Only 2 or 3 of whom are on lb because everyone else is done with the cancer. Ranked feels dead because it is dead.

I don't know, theirs a good amount of EU players swapping over to NA and playing in Rank/tournaments at the moment leader-board at the moment doesn't mean shit unless your top 10 (which is going to be changing very soon). We're getting better quality players it's just low on numbers at the moment.

> @"Cougre.6543" said:

> I think you're reaching for conclusions. While personally not one of them, I find it the most rational to assume that most of the missing players simply are tired of the current balance and meta, and are going to return as soon as the balance patch shows up to perhaps face new builds and weaker scourges/mirages/firebrands/holos.

This.

I've basically quit until the balance patch. Meta is horrendous right now.

I don't know about others but I'm waiting for the balance patch to hit until I start playing.

I want monthly or bi-weekly balance patches that change stuff in big ways even if they have to change stuff arbitrarily just to switch things up. Anything to keep the staleness away. Bring back whack-a-mole balance.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > @"Vlerk.4761" said:

> > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > > @"Vlerk.4761" said:

> > > > Pvp is actually more active than ever now.

> > >

> > > in what sense? Rank? Unrank? Tournaments?

> > >

> > > Tournament has shown to be more active overall because of team plays/draft pick ups. However RANK has not been all that active/great at all.

> >

> > Ranked is very active.

>

> It's not.... takes over 5min to get a match up on my alt account who's in gold, and sometimes 7-10min to get a match on my main account that alone should show some sort of sign/hint Rank isn't as active as it use to be last season, Matches took 2-3 min on both account last season , and from the amount of players i know very few are playing at the moment because of the "balance patch".> @"Ario.8964" said:

> > Ranked is only active with people farming gold or trying to abuse the powercreep of things like scourge and firebrand to make themselves feel like they are good. The leaderboards don't mean jack right now because there's no good players left outside of maybe 25-30 people on NA. Only 2 or 3 of whom are on lb because everyone else is done with the cancer. Ranked feels dead because it is dead.

>

> I don't know, theirs a good amount of EU players swapping over to NA and playing in Rank/tournaments at the moment leader-board at the moment doesn't mean kitten unless your top 10 (which is going to be changing very soon). We're getting better quality players it's just low on numbers at the moment.

Out of the top 10 there's 2, maybe 3, who are actually top 10 quality players. That's not a good thing.

EU players are coming over to NA to compete in tournies and get mostly easy wins. The only ones playing ranked are win trading just like everyone else on NA.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see ranked become competitive and the game's population spike up again and this time stay there but at the current point in the game it's just not close enough to even pretend ranked is semi competitive.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Cougre.6543" said:

> > I think you're reaching for conclusions. While personally not one of them, I find it the most rational to assume that most of the missing players simply are tired of the current balance and meta, and are going to return as soon as the balance patch shows up to perhaps face new builds and weaker scourges/mirages/firebrands/holos.

>

> This.

>

> I've basically quit until the balance patch. Meta is horrendous right now.

Same here. And probably many more.

I play for fun, dont care for leaderboard or anything of the kind, and this meta is the worst that i ever seen...even I who main a guardian on sPvP cant stand this game anymore. But i will be back if the balance patch is good enough and tune down some builds, dont even mind if Anet give these cancer specs the same treatment that they gave to Rev...wouldnt mind to never see again a Scourge or a Mirage.