Downed player resurrect after killing a foe - very bad concept imo

Bloadsoaked.6792

I would love to see a video tutorial on this. I think it's one of the things new players find most difficult, and it's also one of the things veteran players take for granted as obvious, so it's never explained properly.

An example of when it's best to cleave?

An example of when it's best to stomp?

An example of when it's best to rez?

And the pros and cons of each, would probably be a popular tutorial video. It's really not intuitive, and as Fluffball stated it's one of the most important parts of PvP as it can turn around a fight quickly.

> @"Bloadsoaked.6792" said:

> There are 100 situations where this is bs. In particular in team fights; a friend goes early down, the team downs 2 players, they target the downed one - kill him - both resurrect - great.

> This happens so often i want to point this out.

Maybe your friend shouldn't go down. Maybe you should ress him instead of ignoring.

> This post is only for devs. I personally wont look into this thread again.

You must be new here. The devs rarely read the pvp forums. Try again on reddit.

> @"Spartyr.6795" said:

> I would love to see a video tutorial on this. I think it's one of the things new players find most difficult, and it's also one of the things veteran players take for granted as obvious, so it's never explained properly.

>

> An example of when it's best to cleave?

> An example of when it's best to stomp?

> An example of when it's best to rez?

>

> And the pros and cons of each, would probably be a popular tutorial video. It's really not intuitive, and as Fluffball stated it's one of the most important parts of PvP as it can turn around a fight quickly.

For me the rule is: Mesmers always stomp (they don't cc, just wait for the stealth to go out).

The rest, depends...

If i have stab, i'll always go for the stomp. If i don't have stab, it's really a very situational stuf, but usually i'll just cleave or dps him. IF someone comes to ress, definitely cleave, and cc the other guy.

Ressing is complicated. If you can avoid damage when ressing (like mesmer distorts), and/or if there's no enemy at low health, and you're not being focused, try the ress.

If there's someone that you can kill/stomp before your ally gets stomped, kill that person, for the rally.

> @"Spartyr.6795" said:

> I would love to see a video tutorial on this. I think it's one of the things new players find most difficult, and it's also one of the things veteran players take for granted as obvious, so it's never explained properly.

>

> An example of when it's best to cleave?

> An example of when it's best to stomp?

> An example of when it's best to rez?

>

> And the pros and cons of each, would probably be a popular tutorial video. It's really not intuitive, and as Fluffball stated it's one of the most important parts of PvP as it can turn around a fight quickly.

Making a video would be a lot of work for the concept I think.

Generally:

**Stomp** if enemy health will not hit 0 before the time it takes for you to stomp (you have low damage/ are bunker and cannot cleave enemy to death quickly), you can mitigate knockbacks or interrupts, and a teammate is not in immediate danger of dying. This option becomes less viable the more squishy you are, and will require you to use safestomps.

**Cleave** if enemy health is low, he has a knockback or interrupt pocketed, someone is trying to rez him, or (tentatively) a teammate is in immediate danger of dying, but will not die before the opponent if you cleave.**

**Rez** if you have a teammate down in the open with no enemies around, your teammate has downed his opponent as well but his hp will hit 0 if you attempt to stomp or cleave his opponent , or opponent has 2+ down and is focusing downed teammate to attempt rally, and they both have health such that your teammate will die if you attack either one of them or attempt to stomp.

And lastly, but rarely stated:

**Attack Opponent** if your opponent has beaten your teammate and is preparing a stomp or is otherwise in a situation that guarantees your teammate is going to be stomped/killed (Namely, stab you cannot rip or pierce). In this case, accept your ally is going to die and focus on laying dps into the opponent as much as possible to weaken him for next fight.

There are situations where these options will merge. For instance. If you happen across a 1v1 where your teammate and your opponent have both downed, and your opponent has an ally trying to rez him, you may either opt to **cleave the opponent to put damage into his ally and interrupt the rez process, or heal your ally in the hopes that he gets up before they do**. This depends on positioning and the profession of all parties involved, as some classes can do heavier/special damage in the downstate that makes revving them in lieu of cleaving particularly useful, or possess traits or equipment that make revivals faster or give special perks that may help you win the incoming 2v2 / prevent it from happening in the first place.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"Spartyr.6795" said:

> > I would love to see a video tutorial on this. I think it's one of the things new players find most difficult, and it's also one of the things veteran players take for granted as obvious, so it's never explained properly.

> >

> > An example of when it's best to cleave?

> > An example of when it's best to stomp?

> > An example of when it's best to rez?

> >

> > And the pros and cons of each, would probably be a popular tutorial video. It's really not intuitive, and as Fluffball stated it's one of the most important parts of PvP as it can turn around a fight quickly.

>

> Making a video would be a lot of work for the concept I think.

>

> Generally:

>

> **Stomp** if enemy health will not hit 0 before the time it takes for you to stomp (you have low damage/ are bunker and cannot cleave enemy to death quickly), you can mitigate knockbacks or interrupts, and a teammate is not in immediate danger of dying. This option becomes less viable the more squishy you are, and will require you to use safestomps.

>

> **Cleave** if enemy health is low, he has a knockback or interrupt pocketed, someone is trying to rez him, or (tentatively) a teammate is in immediate danger of dying, but will not die before the opponent if you cleave.**

>

> **Rez** if you have a teammate down in the open with no enemies around, your teammate has downed his opponent as well but his hp will hit 0 if you attempt to stomp or cleave his opponent , or opponent has 2+ down and is focusing downed teammate to attempt rally, and they both have health such that your teammate will die if you attack either one of them or attempt to stomp.

>

> And lastly, but rarely stated:

>

> **Attack Opponent** if your opponent has beaten your teammate and is preparing a stomp or is otherwise in a situation that guarantees your teammate is going to be stomped/killed (Namely, stab you cannot rip or pierce). In this case, accept your ally is going to die and focus on laying dps into the opponent as much as possible to weaken him for next fight. He may also cancel the stomp and flee, which opens the window for a partial or full rez.

>

> There are situations where these options will merge. For instance. If you happen across a 1v1 where your teammate and your opponent have both downed, and your opponent has an ally trying to rez him, you may either opt to **cleave the opponent to put damage into his ally and interrupt the rez process, or heal your ally in the hopes that he gets up before they do**. This depends on positioning and the profession of all parties involved, as some classes can do heavier/special damage in the downstate that makes revving them in lieu of cleaving particularly useful, or possess traits or equipment that make revivals faster or give special perks that may help you win the incoming 2v2 / prevent it from happening in the first place.

>

> @"Bloadsoaked.6792" said:

> There are 100 situations where this is bs. In particular in team fights; a friend goes early down, the team downs 2 players, they target the downed one - kill him - both resurrect - great.

> This happens so often i want to point this out.

>

> This post is only for devs. I personally wont look into this thread again.

>

>

Haha, there are a lot of people who thought like this at beginning, and, with time, we all accepted it and do with it meeh