Power war weapons.

Sivannie.2670

Well, aside from Sword (Hybrid) and Longbow (Condi) pretty much all our weapons are Power-based so pick your poison, really. As for what is "good" you cannot really go wrong with the Greatsword which is an all-round solid weapon with great trait support in _Forceful Greatsword_ found in Strength.

Axe+Shield is a solid combo as well - doesn't have the amazing trait support that Greatsword has, but has decent enough with _Shield Master_ in Defense to give you another source of Might.

It should be mentioned that Spellbreaker is first and foremost a PvP "thing".

Mobs don't use Boons to such a degree that it is really effective in the majority of PvE situations. There are the odd mobs here and there that do, but they are rare and far in-between and even they do not use Boons as frequently as enemy players.

As mentioned though, you'll still do 90% of the PvE content just fine as a Spellbreaker, but beware that the enjoyment may suffer as the main thing about Spellbreaker (the Boon stripping) isn't really used at all.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> It should be mentioned that Spellbreaker is first and foremost a PvP "thing".

>

> Mobs don't use Boons to such a degree that it is really effective in the majority of PvE situations. There are the odd mobs here and there that do, but they are rare and far in-between and even they do not use Boons as frequently as enemy players.

>

> As mentioned though, you'll still do 90% of the PvE content just fine as a Spellbreaker, but beware that the enjoyment may suffer as the main thing about Spellbreaker (the Boon stripping) isn't really used at all.

I don’t pve, but for wvw I’m full zerk with spellbreaker runes and pure strike and I really notice a big increase in damage against boonless targets, does this help with the dmg for pve or is it still just not quite enough?

> @"Loading.4503" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > It should be mentioned that Spellbreaker is first and foremost a PvP "thing".

> >

> > Mobs don't use Boons to such a degree that it is really effective in the majority of PvE situations. There are the odd mobs here and there that do, but they are rare and far in-between and even they do not use Boons as frequently as enemy players.

> >

> > As mentioned though, you'll still do 90% of the PvE content just fine as a Spellbreaker, but beware that the enjoyment may suffer as the main thing about Spellbreaker (the Boon stripping) isn't really used at all.

>

> I don’t pve, but for wvw I’m full zerk with spellbreaker runes and pure strike and I really notice a big increase in damage against boonless targets, does this help with the dmg for pve or is it still just not quite enough?

>

>

Well, consider that most people would run Strength Runes when running Power (especially with the aforementioned Greatsword trait) which gives you 5% extra damage whenever you have Might on you (which is all the time) which leaves the rune-based difference at a mere 2%.

How the damage against boonless foes from the trait stacks up against other available traitlines, I don't have any records of someone testing it. But if you consider the traitlines you could get, such as Discipline to just pump out Burst after Burst, I'm not sure Spellbreaker would end out on top in the end. Or if you run Berserker for _Bloody Roar_ which is a raw 10% increase combo'd with _Blood Reaction_ for harder hitting criticals.

I changed my Warrior to power for fractals, from what I read power is ok in Fractals due to the burstier nature of it and lower mob health. It's probably not as good as the condi build but its

Full Zerker/Scholar runes. Axe/Axe air/force. Greatsword air/force. Strenght/Discipline/Tactics (switch to Berserker if there's another Warrior with tactics).

Healing Surge/Kick/Offensive Banners/Signet of Rage. I try to use kick before Axe burst and whirling axe, or Greatsword burst and hundred blades as the 33% damage buff only lasts 5 seconds. I've hit as high as 100K whirling axes but more average of 40-60K depending on buffs and group comp. It's fun and effective

• 2 weeks later...

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> The weapon that does power damage. Damage type is more based on class, not weapon.

>

> But.. I love my great sword on my zerker war.

What do you mean?

it's clear each weapon, regardless of profession, has either Power, Condi or a Hybrid focus.

For Example, necromancer Axe is power, while Scepter is Condi.

Engineer Pistols are condi, Rifle is power.

etc etc there are builds ( or if not, there should be) for both styles, one for condi and one for power.