Curious on the new changes on mesmer

NICENIKESHOE.7128

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > It clears Solo content way faster than others, also.

>

> You've got to be joking lmfao

Um.. I do think if Mirage can stack mobs into a place, she definitely can kill them faster than some classes who focus on single target damage. But just my opinion. .-.

> @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > > It clears Solo content way faster than others, also.

> >

> > You've got to be joking lmfao

>

> Um.. I do think if Mirage can stack mobs into a place, she definitely can kill them faster than some classes who focus on single target damage. But just my opinion. .-.

Holosmith damage and aoe blow us out of the water, weaver can deal enormous damage with very little setup, renegade has condie power on par with mirage but with far better accessibility and aoe, both dragonhunter and firebrand make us look slow for mob clearing, and even soulbeast is at the very least comparable in solo clearing capability.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > > > It clears Solo content way faster than others, also.

> > >

> > > You've got to be joking lmfao

> >

> > Um.. I do think if Mirage can stack mobs into a place, she definitely can kill them faster than some classes who focus on single target damage. But just my opinion. .-.

>

> Holosmith damage and aoe blow us out of the water, weaver can deal enormous damage with very little setup, renegade has condie power on par with mirage but with far better accessibility and aoe, both dragonhunter and firebrand make us look slow for mob clearing, and even soulbeast is at the very least comparable in solo clearing capability.

Thumbs up - Fixed

> > > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > > @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > > > > It clears Solo content way faster than others, also.

> > > >

> > > > You've got to be joking lmfao

> > >

> > > Um.. I do think if Mirage can stack mobs into a place, she definitely can kill them faster than some classes who focus on single target damage. But just my opinion. .-.

> >

> > Holosmith damage and aoe blow us out of the water, weaver can deal enormous damage with very little setup, renegade has condie power on par with mirage but with far better accessibility and aoe, both dragonhunter and firebrand make us look slow for mob clearing, and even soulbeast is at the very least comparable in solo clearing capability.

>

> Thumbs up - Fixed

It's worth noting that mirage isn't actually bad at clearing content; it clears at a quite reasonable pace. Coming from other mesmer specs, clearing at a reasonable pace may feel like greased lightning due to how much mesmer and chronomancer have always struggled, but really it's just bringing us up to where other classes have always been.

> > > It clears Solo content way faster than others, also.

> >

> > You've got to be joking lmfao

>

> Um.. I do think if Mirage can stack mobs into a place, she definitely can kill them faster than some classes who focus on single target damage. But just my opinion. .-.

Mesmer is one of the worst - if not the worst - base class for clearing PvE content on their own. Mirage made it more bearable. But it's still slower than many others.

I fail to see how Chronos in raids have anything to do with Mirage. They fulfill a completely different role. Condition Mirage happens to have very good damage right now, sure. It might indeed need some shaving (by far not as much as some people claim for PvP scenarios). But many people seem to forget that they don't provide anything else to their group while doing so. Other meta builds on the other hand do benefit their party members in a way. Mesmers can't do both at once. And having more than 1 playable build is hardly a bad thing.

And... Aegis and Regeneration? Please... Nobody takes Mesmers for that. ;)

> @"Xaylin.1860" said:

> > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > > > It clears Solo content way faster than others, also.

> > >

> > > You've got to be joking lmfao

> >

> > Um.. I do think if Mirage can stack mobs into a place, she definitely can kill them faster than some classes who focus on single target damage. But just my opinion. .-.

> I fail to see how Chronos in raids have anything to do with Mirage. They fulfill a completely different role. Condition Mirage happens to have very good damage right now, sure. It might indeed need some shaving (by far not as much as some people claim for PvP scenarios). But many people seem to forget that they don't provide anything else to their group while doing so. Other meta builds on the other hand do benefit their party members in a way. Mesmers can't do both at once. And having more than 1 playable build is hardly a bad thing.

>

> And... Aegis and Regeneration? Please... Nobody takes Mesmers for that. ;)

The post was about Mesmers so I tried to explain what I thought was a bit overtuned. Tell me if I’m mistaken or I misunderstood something.

Otherwise, I really think Mesmer is balanced overall, as I stated that I am getting bored of people crying about Mesmer being too OP. But it is a bit overpowered a bit in competitive content. Especially in PvP, I have yet to see a class who can beat Mirage except Spellbreaker, and sometimes, getting punished for pressing your buttons gets a bit frustrating. It seems fun to apply a lot of stacks of conditions on your enemies but when you are that enemy, it isn’t fun at all.

And for Aegis and Regeneration, they are just side-effects of playing Chrono as I said. Not the main reason, but they are pretty effective.

I've always been in favour of a better split between game modes. The potential of the confusion and it's unique rol in the game plus how important is in our profession make that any change in how it's work a potential disaster for us, if you revert the las change kill it in pve and the mesmer too if you don't compensate adding or improve other easily accesible condition for mesmer. If you make it weak to silent the whinners from pvp/wvw, you'll kill us there. And if you convert it in a common DOT condition better erase it of the game instead of make it irrelevant and redundant with others. In that case, remove it and give us a new one based in lifesteal, for example, something new and unique too. But don't dream with power improvement, is a condition and the change will be inside that context about confusion, aside other changes that they could do in general to all professions for change the balance between condition and power as was announced and is expected.

But no drama , i have already sent my mesmer a few times to the storage room for useless things. So we'll see. We must also take into account the changes that other professions and specializations will receive and establish a scale. If you do not like it then play something else or other game and it's over. When they advance the publication of changes is for you to be prepared... Maybe next Friday? Well, profit your Mesmer till next tuesday as much as possible. Then who knows...

Well we arrived at that point that noone has explanation why mesmer should be nerfed or the main condion of mesmers(confusion) should be reworked? I agree that if they want to nerf the confusion than just delete it instead and give something more powerful.Iam not a big PvP guy but i played some matches with mesmer and i always got deleted by Deadeyes or Spellbreakers and even holosmiths because these classes are just like "Jump there, spam some ability , everyone is knocked down, everyone is dead". Mirage is powerful when someone uses it like a pro.I had enough that i got rekt in PvP so i tryed other classes and i need to say that even for the first time i played with them i just cleared everything that was in my way especially with Holo.And scourage , yeah i played some matches with it too.I just camped mid and noone could get close to me cause my marks are unblockable so yeah. With Mirage i needed some games to understand how mechanics work with it.But with the other classes its just simple burst. And i dont know the reason why everyone is crying that mesmer can stack on them 30+ confusion, yeah it can if it uses all the shaters and if you are like a Spellbreaker or Scourage or Holosmith you can survive that because you either make yourself invulnerable(holo), stack resistance on yourself(SpB), transfer those condis back(scourage), clear those condis (sword evade weaver) so yeah.I think the most broken profession is mirage...And in PvE Mirage can clear things fast? Yes it can solo a champion on lower maps(-45-50) but thats nothing special.And even if you take into consideration that we are talking about a clone mirage than you would know that your axe ambush is sort of bugged so even if it hits the enemy(somethimes its just randomly hits another enemy not the one you are fighting with) theres still chance that it will not apply the confusion stacks because its just simply bugged.And the only AoE that i can think of as a real AoE is Crystal Sands.So yes i will use my Mirage till the patch comes out but i started to level a weaver for myself for PvE content.

> Chronomancer - A MUST have in PvE content, due to perma Alacrity and Quickness along with other buffs like Aegis and Regeneration. Ever seen a T4 fractal group or let’s say an Elitist group without a Chronomancer? I didn’t. I don’t want to talk about raids since you all know what’s happening there :lol:

This is a **much** bigger issue than Mirage DPS, and few ever talk about it. Because with Mirage, who cares? It's just DPS. Someone is going to be top, usually it is Elementalist-spec-of-the-month, now it's Mesmer, whatever. Just changes the color of the spammed skills you throw at the target while rolling your face around the keyboard.

Raid **buffs/debuffs** being so... I dread to call it unbalanced becauses there is no intentional design which could be unbalanced in the first place... but that is a real problem. There **cannot** be sensible and varied raid setups until this is resolved. WoW especially demonstrated this amiably well, trying half a dozen setups before finding a solution. And displaying multiple "lesser" (but workable!) solutions along the way, like demonstrating how for large raids of 40 people it is okay to have unique and powerful buff effects, but not for smaller raids, and they hit that spot at 25, nevermind 10. And we have 10 here at baseline, a sensible buff/debuff system should have been there from HoT launch.

But, importantly, "They're overperforming, NERF!" is not really the correct answer here, because Chronomancers being required is a **symptom**, not the problem. Fixing the problem would automatically solve the symptoms. Applying nerfs to Chrono *directly* (I mean it'd still be weaker indirectly if the buff-system is reworked) makes it worse, because it attempts to cover up a problem by treating the symptoms only.

All I want is for anet look at the design failure that is the interaction between master of manipulation and mass invisibility. For those who don't know, master of manipulation gives you reflect when you use a manipulation skill and this trait reveals when you finish casting mass invisibility. A simple longbow auto renders this entire skill useless