Why does holosmith have so much damage?

King xiuras.3615

> @"Skittledness.5106" said:

> As a 4x Monthly winner and someone's who plays the class at the highest level that remains at the state of this dead game.

> Just nerf the numbers or add large icd on mine trait

So you re saying the trait is bugged or that you lied?

The way mines work if you evade while previous mines are active the command detonates the mines instead of dropping more

Mine damage is fine the problem is the combination of mine+vent exhaust 4k+4k is alot

But sure i support a mine nerf instead make the grandmaster give dodge bomb a 25% buff and make it unblockable no icd

Like warriors trait

The question is how do we change vent exhaust trait? If its not meant to damage it should temporarily slow forge heat gain or something

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"ezd.6359" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > @"ezd.6359" said:

> > > > If you see how holos play on plat level, you can only laugh reading pros and cons. Because there is none. Pros? Cons? Holos just spam all skills, thats all. Even when they can't touch you they spam skills. No matters what is happeing and which skill your enemies use - just spam skills - profit! ... oh if they managed to bring you to 10% hp somehow (sometimes holos foget their rotation) transform to "mini", use "invis" then run away, reread macros guides.

> > >

> > > Holo spamming skills? Try and play holo against a decent player and spam and see what happens, you must be a bronze league player if you think holo is spam.

> > > Please don't tank when you don't know anything and all because you get rekt hard because you don't know how to play.

> > >

> > > Scourge is a spam noob profession that even a noob can be a champion with it at his first try, holo is not. Deal with it.

> >

> > Necro has 2 evades thats all, very slow skills and clear animation. Easy to kill if you have brains. I played engi in HoT sometime, new version is stupid so i don't like it (no fun at all).

> > HOLO

> > IS

> > SPAM.

> >

> > It is only thing they are doing. Because why not? They have more damage than others + CC, if enemies will not use "save" skills and try to attack back - they will die faster than holo. But if they use blocks etc they will die some seconds later... What the point to do anything else?

>

> 3 CC skills, 2 of them are so easy to dodge or block (shockwave and elite) and the rifle one.

> Scourge have no counters. Holo has counters and that's why only bronze players complains about it.

>

> The only braindead thing of holo i agree are the bombs on dodge, other than that pretty balanced.

Scourges have no counters? Anything with decent range or mobility counters it. My druid beats them (DPS), my Deadeye (DPS), My mirage im currently playing (Condi), My P/P vanilla engi can beat them (condi). Everything has counters. Its because people typically play meta and not think outside the non-meta box that people believe you cant counter something.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > @"ezd.6359" said:

> > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > @"ezd.6359" said:

> > > > > If you see how holos play on plat level, you can only laugh reading pros and cons. Because there is none. Pros? Cons? Holos just spam all skills, thats all. Even when they can't touch you they spam skills. No matters what is happeing and which skill your enemies use - just spam skills - profit! ... oh if they managed to bring you to 10% hp somehow (sometimes holos foget their rotation) transform to "mini", use "invis" then run away, reread macros guides.

> > > >

> > > > Holo spamming skills? Try and play holo against a decent player and spam and see what happens, you must be a bronze league player if you think holo is spam.

> > > > Please don't tank when you don't know anything and all because you get rekt hard because you don't know how to play.

> > > >

> > > > Scourge is a spam noob profession that even a noob can be a champion with it at his first try, holo is not. Deal with it.

> > >

> > > Necro has 2 evades thats all, very slow skills and clear animation. Easy to kill if you have brains. I played engi in HoT sometime, new version is stupid so i don't like it (no fun at all).

> > > HOLO

> > > IS

> > > SPAM.

> > >

> > > It is only thing they are doing. Because why not? They have more damage than others + CC, if enemies will not use "save" skills and try to attack back - they will die faster than holo. But if they use blocks etc they will die some seconds later... What the point to do anything else?

> >

> > 3 CC skills, 2 of them are so easy to dodge or block (shockwave and elite) and the rifle one.

> > Scourge have no counters. Holo has counters and that's why only bronze players complains about it.

> >

> > The only braindead thing of holo i agree are the bombs on dodge, other than that pretty balanced.

>

> Scourges have no counters? Anything with decent range or mobility counters it. My druid beats them (DPS), my Deadeye (DPS), My mirage im currently playing (Condi), My P/P vanilla engi can beat them (condi). Everything has counters. Its because people typically play meta and not think outside the non-meta box that people believe you cant counter something.

Wrong, all that classes you mentioned expect condi mirage gets rekt by meta comps and so even if they counter scourge they are not worth to take at all in a serious match.

If you talk of bronze league then yeah, if go above plat and bring deadeye is like a 4vs5 game even if at first you can get a lucky kill on the scourge if there ia no firebrand around, otherwise pop reflect and bye bye deadeye.

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"ezd.6359" said:

> > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > @"ezd.6359" said:

> > > > > > If you see how holos play on plat level, you can only laugh reading pros and cons. Because there is none. Pros? Cons? Holos just spam all skills, thats all. Even when they can't touch you they spam skills. No matters what is happeing and which skill your enemies use - just spam skills - profit! ... oh if they managed to bring you to 10% hp somehow (sometimes holos foget their rotation) transform to "mini", use "invis" then run away, reread macros guides.

> > > > >

> > > > > Holo spamming skills? Try and play holo against a decent player and spam and see what happens, you must be a bronze league player if you think holo is spam.

> > > > > Please don't tank when you don't know anything and all because you get rekt hard because you don't know how to play.

> > > > >

> > > > > Scourge is a spam noob profession that even a noob can be a champion with it at his first try, holo is not. Deal with it.

> > > >

> > > > Necro has 2 evades thats all, very slow skills and clear animation. Easy to kill if you have brains. I played engi in HoT sometime, new version is stupid so i don't like it (no fun at all).

> > > > HOLO

> > > > IS

> > > > SPAM.

> > > >

> > > > It is only thing they are doing. Because why not? They have more damage than others + CC, if enemies will not use "save" skills and try to attack back - they will die faster than holo. But if they use blocks etc they will die some seconds later... What the point to do anything else?

> > >

> > > 3 CC skills, 2 of them are so easy to dodge or block (shockwave and elite) and the rifle one.

> > > Scourge have no counters. Holo has counters and that's why only bronze players complains about it.

> > >

> > > The only braindead thing of holo i agree are the bombs on dodge, other than that pretty balanced.

> >

> > Scourges have no counters? Anything with decent range or mobility counters it. My druid beats them (DPS), my Deadeye (DPS), My mirage im currently playing (Condi), My P/P vanilla engi can beat them (condi). Everything has counters. Its because people typically play meta and not think outside the non-meta box that people believe you cant counter something.

>

> Wrong, all that classes you mentioned expect condi mirage gets rekt by meta comps and so even if they counter scourge they are not worth to take at all in a serious match.

>

> If you talk of bronze league then yeah, if go above plat and bring deadeye is like a 4vs5 game even if at first you can get a lucky kill on the scourge if there ia no firebrand around, otherwise pop reflect and bye bye deadeye.

Thats the beauty part...some people don't play meta :p

> @"XxsdgxX.8109" said:

> Reminder that Holosmith is a quite better *brawler* than Revenant atm, Holo has better pressure/burst and sustain. It's just simply much more efficient and not as unforgivable as Rev.

This i agree with but it aint holosmith to blame revenant as a whole has been in a terrible spot to the point its next to useless without herald

Rev is my guilty pleasure profession so i hope to see proper improvements soon

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > @"ezd.6359" said:

> > > > > > > If you see how holos play on plat level, you can only laugh reading pros and cons. Because there is none. Pros? Cons? Holos just spam all skills, thats all. Even when they can't touch you they spam skills. No matters what is happeing and which skill your enemies use - just spam skills - profit! ... oh if they managed to bring you to 10% hp somehow (sometimes holos foget their rotation) transform to "mini", use "invis" then run away, reread macros guides.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Holo spamming skills? Try and play holo against a decent player and spam and see what happens, you must be a bronze league player if you think holo is spam.

> > > > > > Please don't tank when you don't know anything and all because you get rekt hard because you don't know how to play.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Scourge is a spam noob profession that even a noob can be a champion with it at his first try, holo is not. Deal with it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Necro has 2 evades thats all, very slow skills and clear animation. Easy to kill if you have brains. I played engi in HoT sometime, new version is stupid so i don't like it (no fun at all).

> > > > > HOLO

> > > > > IS

> > > > > SPAM.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is only thing they are doing. Because why not? They have more damage than others + CC, if enemies will not use "save" skills and try to attack back - they will die faster than holo. But if they use blocks etc they will die some seconds later... What the point to do anything else?

> > > >

> > > > 3 CC skills, 2 of them are so easy to dodge or block (shockwave and elite) and the rifle one.

> > > > Scourge have no counters. Holo has counters and that's why only bronze players complains about it.

> > > >

> > > > The only braindead thing of holo i agree are the bombs on dodge, other than that pretty balanced.

> > >

> > > Scourges have no counters? Anything with decent range or mobility counters it. My druid beats them (DPS), my Deadeye (DPS), My mirage im currently playing (Condi), My P/P vanilla engi can beat them (condi). Everything has counters. Its because people typically play meta and not think outside the non-meta box that people believe you cant counter something.

> >

> > Wrong, all that classes you mentioned expect condi mirage gets rekt by meta comps and so even if they counter scourge they are not worth to take at all in a serious match.

> >

> > If you talk of bronze league then yeah, if go above plat and bring deadeye is like a 4vs5 game even if at first you can get a lucky kill on the scourge if there ia no firebrand around, otherwise pop reflect and bye bye deadeye.

>

> Thats the beauty part...some people don't play meta :p

If a P/P condi engineer can beat a scourge with plague signet... Well, I'll eat my hat.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > @"ezd.6359" said:

> > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ezd.6359" said:

> > > > > > > > If you see how holos play on plat level, you can only laugh reading pros and cons. Because there is none. Pros? Cons? Holos just spam all skills, thats all. Even when they can't touch you they spam skills. No matters what is happeing and which skill your enemies use - just spam skills - profit! ... oh if they managed to bring you to 10% hp somehow (sometimes holos foget their rotation) transform to "mini", use "invis" then run away, reread macros guides.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Holo spamming skills? Try and play holo against a decent player and spam and see what happens, you must be a bronze league player if you think holo is spam.

> > > > > > > Please don't tank when you don't know anything and all because you get rekt hard because you don't know how to play.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Scourge is a spam noob profession that even a noob can be a champion with it at his first try, holo is not. Deal with it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Necro has 2 evades thats all, very slow skills and clear animation. Easy to kill if you have brains. I played engi in HoT sometime, new version is stupid so i don't like it (no fun at all).

> > > > > > HOLO

> > > > > > IS

> > > > > > SPAM.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It is only thing they are doing. Because why not? They have more damage than others + CC, if enemies will not use "save" skills and try to attack back - they will die faster than holo. But if they use blocks etc they will die some seconds later... What the point to do anything else?

> > > > >

> > > > > 3 CC skills, 2 of them are so easy to dodge or block (shockwave and elite) and the rifle one.

> > > > > Scourge have no counters. Holo has counters and that's why only bronze players complains about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only braindead thing of holo i agree are the bombs on dodge, other than that pretty balanced.

> > > >

> > > > Scourges have no counters? Anything with decent range or mobility counters it. My druid beats them (DPS), my Deadeye (DPS), My mirage im currently playing (Condi), My P/P vanilla engi can beat them (condi). Everything has counters. Its because people typically play meta and not think outside the non-meta box that people believe you cant counter something.

> > >

> > > Wrong, all that classes you mentioned expect condi mirage gets rekt by meta comps and so even if they counter scourge they are not worth to take at all in a serious match.

> > >

> > > If you talk of bronze league then yeah, if go above plat and bring deadeye is like a 4vs5 game even if at first you can get a lucky kill on the scourge if there ia no firebrand around, otherwise pop reflect and bye bye deadeye.

> >

> > Thats the beauty part...some people don't play meta :p

>

> If a P/P condi engineer can beat a scourge with plague signet... Well, I'll eat my hat.

Haha yeah and see you plenty of them ready to counter scourge xD the new meta immediately. People are fun.

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > @"ezd.6359" said:

> > > > > > > If you see how holos play on plat level, you can only laugh reading pros and cons. Because there is none. Pros? Cons? Holos just spam all skills, thats all. Even when they can't touch you they spam skills. No matters what is happeing and which skill your enemies use - just spam skills - profit! ... oh if they managed to bring you to 10% hp somehow (sometimes holos foget their rotation) transform to "mini", use "invis" then run away, reread macros guides.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Holo spamming skills? Try and play holo against a decent player and spam and see what happens, you must be a bronze league player if you think holo is spam.

> > > > > > Please don't tank when you don't know anything and all because you get rekt hard because you don't know how to play.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Scourge is a spam noob profession that even a noob can be a champion with it at his first try, holo is not. Deal with it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Necro has 2 evades thats all, very slow skills and clear animation. Easy to kill if you have brains. I played engi in HoT sometime, new version is stupid so i don't like it (no fun at all).

> > > > > HOLO

> > > > > IS

> > > > > SPAM.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is only thing they are doing. Because why not? They have more damage than others + CC, if enemies will not use "save" skills and try to attack back - they will die faster than holo. But if they use blocks etc they will die some seconds later... What the point to do anything else?

> > > >

> > > > 3 CC skills, 2 of them are so easy to dodge or block (shockwave and elite) and the rifle one.

> > > > Scourge have no counters. Holo has counters and that's why only bronze players complains about it.

> > > >

> > > > The only braindead thing of holo i agree are the bombs on dodge, other than that pretty balanced.

> > >

> > > Scourges have no counters? Anything with decent range or mobility counters it. My druid beats them (DPS), my Deadeye (DPS), My mirage im currently playing (Condi), My P/P vanilla engi can beat them (condi). Everything has counters. Its because people typically play meta and not think outside the non-meta box that people believe you cant counter something.

> >

> > Wrong, all that classes you mentioned expect condi mirage gets rekt by meta comps and so even if they counter scourge they are not worth to take at all in a serious match.

> >

> > If you talk of bronze league then yeah, if go above plat and bring deadeye is like a 4vs5 game even if at first you can get a lucky kill on the scourge if there ia no firebrand around, otherwise pop reflect and bye bye deadeye.

>

> Thats the beauty part...some people don't play meta :p

As I said, in bronze silver maybe gold that can be right, in pro comps and matchups if you play a deadeye or p/p condi engi like you said you are an handicap for your team even of you are a skilled player, same thing bringing dragonhunter, pretty good class in medium leagues but others are just better at dh role.

> @"PLS.4095" said:

> LUL many people defend Holo , this spec is just broken and kitten af like scourge / fb/ sb/druid/mirage.

And isnt the game ment to be played by playing what carry the player the most???

Dont expect much from Anet, keep pvp trolling etc(loved when people raged on competitive when i usd my core guard with spirit weapons ), this game isnt a game to play outside trolling.

> @"PLS.4095" said:

> Before POF scrapper was op , Holo destroy scrapper , so Holo is ?

> Before POF chrono was op, Mirage destroy chrono, so Mirage is?

> Before POF Reaper was op, Scourge destroy reaper, so Scourge is?

>

> Stop defend those kitten spec nobrain.

Lemme guess, you play some obscure build that no one else plays, or you play ele or rev. That's the only reason why you would really say this LMFAO.

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > @"PLS.4095" said:

> > Before POF scrapper was op , Holo destroy scrapper , so Holo is ?

> > Before POF chrono was op, Mirage destroy chrono, so Mirage is?

> > Before POF Reaper was op, Scourge destroy reaper, so Scourge is?

> >

> > Stop defend those kitten spec nobrain.

>

> Lemme guess, you play some obscure build that no one else plays, or you play ele or rev. That's the only reason why you would really say this LMFAO.

bla bla bla say pveboy , that's why pvp and balance are so bad cuz all pve like you come to pvp whive your kitten brain.

It is literally all of the dodge roll damage from Holo Thermal Release Valve and core Engi Minesweeper traits, otherwise Tools variant feels pretty balanced to me.

The dodge roll damage is bad because of the iframe on dodge. Same problem and complaints from similar traits on Daredevil imo. Warrior is feels all right with the way it is too.

> @"PLS.4095" said:

> > @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > > @"PLS.4095" said:

> > > Before POF scrapper was op , Holo destroy scrapper , so Holo is ?

> > > Before POF chrono was op, Mirage destroy chrono, so Mirage is?

> > > Before POF Reaper was op, Scourge destroy reaper, so Scourge is?

> > >

> > > Stop defend those kitten spec nobrain.

> >

> > Lemme guess, you play some obscure build that no one else plays, or you play ele or rev. That's the only reason why you would really say this LMFAO.

>

> bla bla bla say pveboy , that's why pvp and balance are so bad cuz all pve like you come to pvp whive your kitten brain.

PVE-boy?

Wow I grew a pair of male organs overnight? I must have a talent. :+1:

Sorry kiddo, I've been playing Street Fighter and actual competitive games. Maybe if you learn that mmo PVP is actually not up to par nowadays you could be a little bit happier, instead of flinging your poo and insults for who knows what reason. Ah well. I'll wait for your next round of insults while I brew up my coffee

ThEy tOtALLy aRe gLaSs cAnNoNs iT iS L2P iSsuE!

yEs hOlO lEaP cRiT mE yEsTeRdAy fOr 8k dAmAgE bUt iTs FiNe, iT hAs ThE loNg CoOlDoWn oF 2 sEcOnDs aNyWaY.

cOrOnA pULsEs fOr 6K aNd iS mInDlEsSlY uSeD oFf cD bUt iTs fiNe.

Once boon conversion gets adjusted and we evolve from the weakness spam meta, maybe then people will realize that holosmith should have been nerfed as well.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> ThEy tOtALLy aRe gLaSs cAnNoNs iT iS L2P iSsuE!

>

> yEs hOlO lEaP cRiT mE yEsTeRdAy fOr 8k dAmAgE bUt iTs FiNe, iT hAs ThE loNg CoOlDoWn oF 2 sEcOnDs aNyWaY.

>

> cOrOnA pULsEs fOr 6K aNd iS mInDlEsSlY uSeD oFf cD bUt iTs fiNe.

>

> Once boon conversion gets adjusted and we evolve from the weakness spam meta, maybe then people will realize that holosmith should have been nerfed as well.

Thieves(bad ones) have been spamming heartseeker since 2012 for 8k whys one OP but not the other?

But yes all of the dps power builds will need revision after the weakness meta goes