permanent total makeover kit ?

well i guess to each there own on how often a person changes there looks, time to time, so often or so. but just knowning they have it, it'll be there when they are ready to change looks. sure 350 gems isnt a lot to some, yes can get a few here and here from a black lion chest, but to a person who "does" change a toon over and over to get the right look, least they can do so knowning they have the PTMK on them. just wanted to see if people here would like an idea like this.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

>

> yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> >

> > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

>

> Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

If they add permanent makeover kits to the game, I certainly hope there is a way to upgrade permanent hairstyle contracts. I just recently bought the hairstyle contract from another player, so I wouldn't be able to afford to buy a makeover contract for a very long time. I'd even be happy if they sold an upgrade kit in the gem store for a limited time or as a part of the suggested collection. Changing hair color without being able to change eye color is surprisingly irritating.

I have so many unwanted ones, I can't imagine why anyone would pay for a 'permanent' version. On the contrary, I'd like to be able to exchange my single-use ones for something useful. Now, I acknowledge that some people might find it fun to be able to change their look frequently, but yes I'd say they won't offer this because those people will buy kits, and that's a source of revenue.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > >

> > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> >

> > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

>

> Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such shitty suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > >

> > > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> > >

> > > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> >

> > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

>

> Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

How do you know it won't be for sale in the gem store by next year?

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > >

> > > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> > >

> > > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> >

> > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

>

> Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > > >

> > > > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> > > >

> > > > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> > >

> > > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

> >

> > Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

>

> Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

>

> and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

They probably got riled up about it because they bought the permanent hairstyle contract for a high price. The suggestion that they'd make something better available now for only a fraction of the price would make them feel like they wasted money. I have one myself, but I'm not really hung up on exclusivity.

> @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> > > > >

> > > > > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> > > >

> > > > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

> > >

> > > Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

> >

> > Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

> >

> > and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

>

> They probably got riled up about it because they bought the permanent hairstyle contract for a high price. The suggestion that they'd make something better available now for only a fraction of the price would make them feel like they wasted money. I have one myself, but I'm not really hung up on exclusivity.

>

That sounds reasonable.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

> >

> > Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

>

> Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

>

> and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

I tried to express my opinion with details but i couldnt do it decently in english, so i will just do this:

tl;dr: I'd love it to be an "legendary item" with some challenge attached to it, not just buying it for 2k in the gemstore.

Also 2k is very low compared to the ammount of gems i spent with makeover kits in the 2 or 3 months, it wouldn't be a good thing for anet, i think. Being a rare drop from BLC makes them rare and therefore harder to get, but thats how "rare" items are supposed to be imo.

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

> > >

> > > Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

> >

> > Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

> >

> > and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

>

> They probably got riled up about it because they bought the permanent hairstyle contract for a high price. The suggestion that they'd make something better available now for only a fraction of the price would make them feel like they wasted money. I have one myself, but I'm not really hung up on exclusivity.

>

That is not true. I don't own the hairstyle kit and if i ever get it from a drop i will sell it for the ez monies. I rather work for things than just straight up buy them from TP or gemstore, it's wayyyy more enjoyable for me to go on an adventure and unlock sometihng nice than stay in lions arch and complain that anet don't let me unlock things using $. At least that how i think MMO's should be, you know?

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > > > > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> > > > >

> > > > > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

> > > >

> > > > Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

> > >

> > > Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

> > >

> > > and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

> >

> > They probably got riled up about it because they bought the permanent hairstyle contract for a high price. The suggestion that they'd make something better available now for only a fraction of the price would make them feel like they wasted money. I have one myself, but I'm not really hung up on exclusivity.

> >

>

> That is not true. I don't own the hairstyle kit and if i ever get it from a drop i will sell it for the ez monies. I rather work for things than just straight up buy them from TP or gemstore, it's wayyyy more enjoyable for me to go on an adventure and unlock sometihng nice than stay in lions arch and complain that anet don't let me unlock things using $. At least that how i think MMO's should be, you know?

I did say "probably" as I knew this could be inaccurate. I don't really see how this attitude towards working for things over buying them would lead you to be glad at the item being available in the bltc over a straight-up purchase. Wouldn't you evaluate both to be equally bad as opposed to earning it through some quest or collection? Instead, your post seemed to revel in the scarcity(or non-existence) of such items. It, likely unintentionally, came off as kind of malicious. :frown:

Edit: Just saw your other post. Language barriers can lead to situations like this. :sweat: I think I understand now. :confounded:

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

Rarer items are locked behind RNG because if any publisher sold said rare item directly at a high price there would be complaining. Blame the general population for preferring to gamble in hopes they get it for less over just paying a high price for something guaranteed. Every time a publisher has sold something directly for 50-100$+ people whined about it non-stop, but for what ever reason they're fine with throwing 200$+ in loot boxes for a different rare item.

A "cheaper" _permanent_ total makeover kit would only make sense if ANet had an optional subscription and had that as one of the perks, however, people whine about that sort of thing too. Hope you enjoy the rng or the high gold cost if this is implemented.

Anet has been doing a pretty good job killing some of the higher-ticket trading post items over the last year. (Karka minis, jetpack, iron node, etc. It's a trend.) Might be time to "adjust" the insane prices of permanent contracts by putting them in the gem store. People that paid too much already got plenty of use out of them, so open the floodgates. As for complaining...there's ALWAYS complaining.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Rarer items are locked behind RNG because if any publisher sold said rare item directly at a high price there would be complaining. Blame the general population for preferring to gamble in hopes they get it for less over just paying a high price for something guaranteed. Every time a publisher has sold something directly for 50-100$+ people whined about it non-stop, but for what ever reason they're fine with throwing 200$+ in loot boxes for a different rare item.

>

> A "cheaper" _permanent_ total makeover kit would only make sense if ANet had an optional subscription and had that as one of the perks, however, people whine about that sort of thing too. Hope you enjoy the rng or the high gold cost if this is implemented.

50 - 100.. you kidding people lost their minds over 20 for a mount skin , but.. I digress, That's a good point, maybe it's best to keep it as a super rare drop to the loot boxes and take advantage of those that would want to be taken advantage of, I mean.. allow others to enjoy their Black Lion gambling, who am I to spoil what someone else finds fun.

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

> > > >

> > > > Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

> > > >

> > > > and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

> > >

> > > They probably got riled up about it because they bought the permanent hairstyle contract for a high price. The suggestion that they'd make something better available now for only a fraction of the price would make them feel like they wasted money. I have one myself, but I'm not really hung up on exclusivity.

> > >

> >

> > That is not true. I don't own the hairstyle kit and if i ever get it from a drop i will sell it for the ez monies. I rather work for things than just straight up buy them from TP or gemstore, it's wayyyy more enjoyable for me to go on an adventure and unlock sometihng nice than stay in lions arch and complain that anet don't let me unlock things using $. At least that how i think MMO's should be, you know?

>

> I did say "probably" as I knew this could be inaccurate. I don't really see how this attitude towards working for things over buying them would lead you to be glad at the item being available in the bltc over a straight-up purchase. Wouldn't you evaluate both to be equally bad as opposed to earning it through some quest or collection? Instead, your post seemed to revel in the scarcity(or non-existence) of such items. It, likely unintentionally, came off as kind of malicious. :frown:

>

> Edit: Just saw your other post. Language barriers can lead to situations like this. :sweat: I think I understand now. :confounded:

yah but they did distinctly say they would be glad that it would a super rare item locked behind BLC, even with language barriers, they said that clear enough. It did come across as malicious. Seems they are not really so glad after all.

But as others pointed out, it would be a massive loss of profit to Anet to sell it cheap, so, maybe Anet will grant their wish anyway, and lock it behind BLC's as others have also said this would be the most profitable way for Anet to handle it, so.. while not what I would want, I could see that being the end result none the less.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > > > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

> > > > >

> > > > > Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

> > > > >

> > > > > and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

> > > >

> > > > They probably got riled up about it because they bought the permanent hairstyle contract for a high price. The suggestion that they'd make something better available now for only a fraction of the price would make them feel like they wasted money. I have one myself, but I'm not really hung up on exclusivity.

> > > >

> > >

> > > That is not true. I don't own the hairstyle kit and if i ever get it from a drop i will sell it for the ez monies. I rather work for things than just straight up buy them from TP or gemstore, it's wayyyy more enjoyable for me to go on an adventure and unlock sometihng nice than stay in lions arch and complain that anet don't let me unlock things using $. At least that how i think MMO's should be, you know?

> >

> > I did say "probably" as I knew this could be inaccurate. I don't really see how this attitude towards working for things over buying them would lead you to be glad at the item being available in the bltc over a straight-up purchase. Wouldn't you evaluate both to be equally bad as opposed to earning it through some quest or collection? Instead, your post seemed to revel in the scarcity(or non-existence) of such items. It, likely unintentionally, came off as kind of malicious. :frown:

> >

> > Edit: Just saw your other post. Language barriers can lead to situations like this. :sweat: I think I understand now. :confounded:

>

> yah but they did distinctly say they would be glad that it would a super rare item locked behind BLC, even with language barriers, they said that clear enough. It did come across as malicious. Seems they are not really so glad after all.

>

> But as others pointed out, it would be a massive loss of profit to Anet to sell it cheap, so, maybe Anet will grant their wish anyway, and lock it behind BLC's as others have also said this would be the most profitable way for Anet to handle it, so.. while not what I would want, I could see that being the end result none the less.

No, i do prefer to have the item being rare instead of "sold for 2k gems". The problem is that BLC is the only way casuals can "work for it", since people just want to afk in lions arch and complain instead of playing the game. The subscription thing Yamazuki.6073 said would be nice for anet and whos buying it, but not for people that just want more goals like me.

I didn't mean to be malicious in any way btw.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > > > > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

> > > > >

> > > > > They probably got riled up about it because they bought the permanent hairstyle contract for a high price. The suggestion that they'd make something better available now for only a fraction of the price would make them feel like they wasted money. I have one myself, but I'm not really hung up on exclusivity.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > That is not true. I don't own the hairstyle kit and if i ever get it from a drop i will sell it for the ez monies. I rather work for things than just straight up buy them from TP or gemstore, it's wayyyy more enjoyable for me to go on an adventure and unlock sometihng nice than stay in lions arch and complain that anet don't let me unlock things using $. At least that how i think MMO's should be, you know?

> > >

> > > I did say "probably" as I knew this could be inaccurate. I don't really see how this attitude towards working for things over buying them would lead you to be glad at the item being available in the bltc over a straight-up purchase. Wouldn't you evaluate both to be equally bad as opposed to earning it through some quest or collection? Instead, your post seemed to revel in the scarcity(or non-existence) of such items. It, likely unintentionally, came off as kind of malicious. :frown:

> > >

> > > Edit: Just saw your other post. Language barriers can lead to situations like this. :sweat: I think I understand now. :confounded:

> >

> > yah but they did distinctly say they would be glad that it would a super rare item locked behind BLC, even with language barriers, they said that clear enough. It did come across as malicious. Seems they are not really so glad after all.

> >

> > But as others pointed out, it would be a massive loss of profit to Anet to sell it cheap, so, maybe Anet will grant their wish anyway, and lock it behind BLC's as others have also said this would be the most profitable way for Anet to handle it, so.. while not what I would want, I could see that being the end result none the less.

>

> No, i do prefer to have the item being rare instead of "sold for 2k gems". The problem is that BLC is the only way casuals can "work for it", since people just want to afk in lions arch and complain instead of playing the game. The subscription thing Yamazuki.6073 said would be nice for anet and whos buying it, but not for people that just want more goals like me.

>

> I didn't mean to be malicious in any way btw.

Well I don't see the need to make the item rare to be honest, I see something like this as akin to endless harvesting tools, and salvage-o-tron. Better to just sell it and those that want it.

Never understood the need to make things awkward and harder then they need to be, to be honest. But you will most Likely get your way, not because of some ideal to keep it special and rare mind you, but because that is the best way for Anet to make the most money off this idea.

Some people like to spend more for things, who am I to deny them.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > > > > > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They probably got riled up about it because they bought the permanent hairstyle contract for a high price. The suggestion that they'd make something better available now for only a fraction of the price would make them feel like they wasted money. I have one myself, but I'm not really hung up on exclusivity.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > That is not true. I don't own the hairstyle kit and if i ever get it from a drop i will sell it for the ez monies. I rather work for things than just straight up buy them from TP or gemstore, it's wayyyy more enjoyable for me to go on an adventure and unlock sometihng nice than stay in lions arch and complain that anet don't let me unlock things using $. At least that how i think MMO's should be, you know?

> > > >

> > > > I did say "probably" as I knew this could be inaccurate. I don't really see how this attitude towards working for things over buying them would lead you to be glad at the item being available in the bltc over a straight-up purchase. Wouldn't you evaluate both to be equally bad as opposed to earning it through some quest or collection? Instead, your post seemed to revel in the scarcity(or non-existence) of such items. It, likely unintentionally, came off as kind of malicious. :frown:

> > > >

> > > > Edit: Just saw your other post. Language barriers can lead to situations like this. :sweat: I think I understand now. :confounded:

> > >

> > > yah but they did distinctly say they would be glad that it would a super rare item locked behind BLC, even with language barriers, they said that clear enough. It did come across as malicious. Seems they are not really so glad after all.

> > >

> > > But as others pointed out, it would be a massive loss of profit to Anet to sell it cheap, so, maybe Anet will grant their wish anyway, and lock it behind BLC's as others have also said this would be the most profitable way for Anet to handle it, so.. while not what I would want, I could see that being the end result none the less.

> >

> > No, i do prefer to have the item being rare instead of "sold for 2k gems". The problem is that BLC is the only way casuals can "work for it", since people just want to afk in lions arch and complain instead of playing the game. The subscription thing Yamazuki.6073 said would be nice for anet and whos buying it, but not for people that just want more goals like me.

> >

> > I didn't mean to be malicious in any way btw.

>

> Well I don't see the need to make the item rare to be honest, I see something like this as akin to endless harvesting tools, and salvage-o-tron. Better to just sell it and those that want it.

>

> Never understood the need to make things awkward and harder then they need to be, to be honest. But you will most Likely get your way, not because of some ideal to keep it special and rare mind you, but because that is the best way for Anet to make the most money off this idea.

Yeah, i know. I don't really mind, it's just more fun for me tbh.

> Some people like to spend more for things, who am I to deny them.

I wish those people played something else instead of trying to """"ruin"""" MMOs with their wallets. lol

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > > > > > > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They probably got riled up about it because they bought the permanent hairstyle contract for a high price. The suggestion that they'd make something better available now for only a fraction of the price would make them feel like they wasted money. I have one myself, but I'm not really hung up on exclusivity.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That is not true. I don't own the hairstyle kit and if i ever get it from a drop i will sell it for the ez monies. I rather work for things than just straight up buy them from TP or gemstore, it's wayyyy more enjoyable for me to go on an adventure and unlock sometihng nice than stay in lions arch and complain that anet don't let me unlock things using $. At least that how i think MMO's should be, you know?

> > > > >

> > > > > I did say "probably" as I knew this could be inaccurate. I don't really see how this attitude towards working for things over buying them would lead you to be glad at the item being available in the bltc over a straight-up purchase. Wouldn't you evaluate both to be equally bad as opposed to earning it through some quest or collection? Instead, your post seemed to revel in the scarcity(or non-existence) of such items. It, likely unintentionally, came off as kind of malicious. :frown:

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: Just saw your other post. Language barriers can lead to situations like this. :sweat: I think I understand now. :confounded:

> > > >

> > > > yah but they did distinctly say they would be glad that it would a super rare item locked behind BLC, even with language barriers, they said that clear enough. It did come across as malicious. Seems they are not really so glad after all.

> > > >

> > > > But as others pointed out, it would be a massive loss of profit to Anet to sell it cheap, so, maybe Anet will grant their wish anyway, and lock it behind BLC's as others have also said this would be the most profitable way for Anet to handle it, so.. while not what I would want, I could see that being the end result none the less.

> > >

> > > No, i do prefer to have the item being rare instead of "sold for 2k gems". The problem is that BLC is the only way casuals can "work for it", since people just want to afk in lions arch and complain instead of playing the game. The subscription thing Yamazuki.6073 said would be nice for anet and whos buying it, but not for people that just want more goals like me.

> > >

> > > I didn't mean to be malicious in any way btw.

> >

> > Well I don't see the need to make the item rare to be honest, I see something like this as akin to endless harvesting tools, and salvage-o-tron. Better to just sell it and those that want it.

> >

> > Never understood the need to make things awkward and harder then they need to be, to be honest. But you will most Likely get your way, not because of some ideal to keep it special and rare mind you, but because that is the best way for Anet to make the most money off this idea.

> Yeah, i know. I don't really mind, it's just more fun for me tbh.

> > Some people like to spend more for things, who am I to deny them.

> I wish those people played something else instead of trying to """"ruin"""" MMOs with their wallets. lol

**shrug**

I guess as long as people want things to be "rare" there will be people that will be willing to buy them, and thus put in a mark for rare things to be bought and sold, I can't fault Anet for wanting to cash in on that market.

Maybe if we obsessed less about needing rare items, hen we all could have better items open to us.